7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 269.
#11901 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't want to belabor this point, but I do think it's worth bringing this up again since it hasn't really been brought up around Scooby. (And I won't bring down the hype thread by this "negativity" of pointing out serious issues last time Spooky sold a game)
There was some hesitation around the Halloween/Ultraman design at launch. One of the hesitations was who was the rule designer.

So Spooky tries to reassure potential buyers

The community being relieved by that

I'm not sure what the story of this photo is, but keep this in mind

Now Bowen's version

Let's be clear: Spooky announced and then put Halloween/Ultraman up for sale within days. They did not post any gameplay videos for over a month after sales were opened. They outright lied to potential buyers to reassure them.
Now some of the buyers are happy with their game, which is great. But it doesn't change the fact it was sold under false pretenses.
I understand Spooky might be cautious about saying too much now. Scooby might be by a new coder and some people will feel some fear, uncertainty, and doubt. But I want to remind Spooky of how they botched dealing with that last time, because it was a pretty big fuck up in my personal opinion.

Quite impressed by your thoroughness and journalistic approach: Can't argue when direct quotes brought back to the fore... I don't take this as bringing down the hype.

#11902 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:I don't want to belabor this point, but I do think it's worth bringing this up again since it hasn't really been brought up around Scooby. (And I won't bring down the hype thread by this "negativity" of pointing out serious issues last time Spooky sold a game)
There was some hesitation around the Halloween/Ultraman design at launch. One of the hesitations was who was the rule designer.

Now Bowen's version

Let's be clear: Spooky announced and then put Halloween/Ultraman up for sale within days. They did not post any gameplay videos for over a month after sales were opened. They outright lied to potential buyers to reassure them.
Now some of the buyers are happy with their game, which is great. But it doesn't change the fact it was sold under false pretenses.
I understand Spooky might be cautious about saying too much now. Scooby might be by a new coder and some people will feel some fear, uncertainty, and doubt. But I want to remind Spooky of how they botched dealing with that last time, because it was a pretty big fuck up in my personal opinion.

Im not rich and the fact they mentioned Bowen was INDEED a point that swayed my decision to purchase Halloween.

The pin is badass and im 100% happy, but yea, left a somewhat sour taste.

#11903 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im not rich and the fact they mentioned Bowen was INDEED a point that swayed my decision to purchase Halloween.
The pin is badass and im 100% happy, but yea, left a somewhat sour taste.

It was the only reason why I was interested in Ultraman. Dodged that bullet I suppose. I can get one for a bargain now though...

#11904 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The pin is badass and im 100% happy, but yea, left a somewhat sour taste

I'm in the same boat. Love my UM, really cool game. But, I absolutely pulled the pre-order trigger based on Eric and Bowen involvement (especially since R&M is my favorite pin ever).

So, because I never liked Scooby-Doo, and partly because I want to see what the end product looks like (actual end product, like fully coded) it will be a while before I'd even consider it.

The SLOW code drops for UM and HW are what bothers me the most. Hopefully things get onto some kind of regular cadence eventually.

#11905 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't want to belabor this point, but I do think it's worth bringing this up again since it hasn't really been brought up around Scooby. (And I won't bring down the hype thread by this "negativity" of pointing out serious issues last time Spooky sold a game)

Now Bowen's version

2 sides to every story. We are the most honest company in pinball and we want the best for everyone. Things are not always as they seem face value. That will be my last comment on it. I think there are many great positive things to focus on!

#11906 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

2 sides to every story. We are the most honest company in pinball and we want the best for everyone. Things are not always as they seem face value. That will be my last comment on it. I think there are many great positive things to focus on!

That's great. Onwards and upwards.

#11907 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gawd, I hope not. They'll base it on the newer Netflix movie or some shit.

In their defense WOZ,Hobbit,WW & GnR were real good usage of brand!

#11908 1 year ago
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.12.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.12.50 PM (resized).png
#11909 1 year ago

Scooby-Doo video where are you?

#11910 1 year ago

Smoking deal on Ultraman in the market place.

C7597B32-489D-46A9-9F3D-8558822C8950 (resized).jpegC7597B32-489D-46A9-9F3D-8558822C8950 (resized).jpeg
#11911 1 year ago

Nice non-answer from Luke. There’s two sides to an argument only when you actually tell your side. We have Bowen’s, what about Spooky?

Also, it’s been a year now and my Ultraman has had, what, one code update?

#11912 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Nice non-answer from Luke. There’s two sides to an argument only when you actually tell your side. We have Bowen’s, what about Spooky?

I belive we launched on 1.01 code and are up to 1.08 now so 7 updates! 1.09 will be a pretty dang nice one coming up as soon as possible! You can check out many of the updates in Bugs gameplay videos on our YouTube channel.

#11913 1 year ago

What would you think of a company that openly aired dirty laundry concerning an ex employee on Internet forums? You would think less of that company. It’s not really anyone’s business what occurred with their business relationship. So…maybe it’s time to drop this nonsense. There are no assurances in pinball and there are no saviors. Pinball is hard.

Quoted from jwilson:

#11914 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What would you think of a company that openly aired dirty laundry concerning an ex employee on Internet forums? You would think less of that company. It’s not really anyone’s business what occurred with their business relationship. So…maybe it’s time to drop this nonsense. There are no assurances in pinball and there are no saviors. Pinball is hard.

I don't need to know the full story or dirty details. I agree, don't throw business partners past or present under the bus.

But I feel like it was worth bringing up because it was a mistake on Spooky's part during the last launch. It did affect confidence in buyers. And I don't think it's wrong to bring things like that up when the next game is being launched.

We can go back to the game before that, and look at how Spooky said Rick and Morty would be updated with new content as new episodes aired. But that didn't happen either. It was a dumb thing to say at the time. Apparently there was some rumblings about how those plans were scrapped because of the change in ownership at Warner Brothers during production. That's understandable to a degree as it was out of Spooky's control. But it's another example of where it's best to temper expectations, under promise, and over deliver. Otherwise you have people constantly requesting Snake Jazz...

#11915 1 year ago

This is why other companies say little to nothing about anything at all. ‘Say less all the time’ is a great business practice. So perhaps Spooky is a bit green in that regard. That being said, The community here is very hyper focused. We read everything, we remember everything… so when best laid plans don’t work out we tend to come out with pitchforks. We should be happy that Spooky says anything at all. I’m sure they realize that it is not in their best interest to do so. I feel like they really want to tell us everything they WANT to do but in reality many of those inspirations and plans will not come to fruition. This is why you don’t hear about anything from Stern or JJP or AP until it’s in a box getting reading to ship. And nothing about CODE till it can be put on a stick. I think as spooky grows you will hear less. That will be the bridge that takes them from passionate bootique makers to a formidable pin manufacturer in the market.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't need to know the full story or dirty details. I agree, don't throw business partners past or present under the bus.
But I feel like it was worth bringing up because it was a mistake on Spooky's part during the last launch. It did affect confidence in buyers. And I don't think it's wrong to bring things like that up when the next game is being launched.
We can go back to the game before that, and look at how Spooky said Rick and Morty would be updated with new content as new episodes aired. But that didn't happen either. It was a dumb thing to say at the time. Apparently there was some rumblings about how those plans were scrapped because of the change in ownership at Warner Brothers during production. That's understandable to a degree as it was out of Spooky's control. But it's another example of where it's best to temper expectations, under promise, and over deliver. Otherwise you have people constantly requesting Snake Jazz...

#11916 1 year ago

They're already the third largest manufacturer in the industry. They're not a boutique, even if they still act like a start-up.

#11917 1 year ago

I appreciate that Spooky interacts with the community. I get that plans change, and you can't always count that legal aspects aren't going to get in the way of your vision. I don't think they have done anything nefarious, I think they just jumped the gun on the HWN/ULT release and bit off more than they could chew releasing dual themes at the same time. On the other hand I applaud the attempt. They seem to be trying to get it right, and hopefully they've grown from the experience.

#11918 1 year ago

Well put

Quoted from Zablon:

I appreciate that Spooky interacts with the community. I get that plans change, and you can't always count that legal aspects aren't going to get in the way of your vision. I don't think they have done anything nefarious, I think they just jumped the gun on the HWN/ULT release and bit off more than they could chew releasing dual themes at the same time. On the other hand I applaud the attempt. They seem to be trying to get it right, and hopefully they've grown from the experience.

#11919 1 year ago

On a related note.
My friend recently received his Halloween. I think it really pops. The perfect game for a Halloween party.

#11920 1 year ago

This would make for an interesting Spooky pinball machine.

aeon-flux-movie-cover (resized).jpgaeon-flux-movie-cover (resized).jpg
#11921 1 year ago

Spooky should be launching something June 2024 now. Wonder what it will be?

#11922 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Spooky should be launching something June 2024 now. Wonder what it will be?

I think the next one is late 2023/early 2024. I know they're already working on the next game. I think it's Ben Hecks? Or at least he is coding it.

They made around 1750 HWM/UM and around 250 TNAs in 18 months. So making 1969 Scoobys will take 12-18 months. So late 23/early 24 announce for the next one makes sense to me.

#11923 1 year ago

Next.....Take your pick.

Ramones-debut-album-cover-header (resized).jpgRamones-debut-album-cover-header (resized).jpgmisfits (resized).jpgmisfits (resized).jpg

misfits (resized).jpgmisfits (resized).jpg
#11924 1 year ago

After all that wholesomeness that is Scooby, they need to even it out with some Cannible Corpse, or GWAR, or Human Centipede.

#11925 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Next.....Take your pick.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Danzig

#11926 1 year ago

Please let it be Phantasm!!

#11927 1 year ago

I'm sure it must have been suggested before.... how about one of the best horrors ever, and Carpenter's best movie "The Thing".... they had great success with his second best

#11928 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Please let it be Phantasm!!

I'm 45.... so Phantasm would have been in my wheelhouse as a kid... never saw it though.

I put it on the other day. Unwatchable. I must be missing something. Maybe it's nostalgia. I shouldn't say unwatchable since I couldn't get through it. Maybe the 3rd act was gonna blow me away

#11929 1 year ago

One thing for sure, SDCE is a warning shot across the bow as far as what future customers will be expecting from the other manufacturers.

#11930 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I'm 45.... so Phantasm would have been in my wheelhouse as a kid... never saw it though.
I put it on the other day. Unwatchable. I must be missing something. Maybe it's nostalgia. I shouldn't say unwatchable since I couldn't get through it. Maybe the 3rd act was gonna blow me away

It's definitely nostalgia. It doesn't really hold up storywise these days, however, it is a cult classic and would be a cool pin.

There are far better 80's horror movies overall, but not all would make a good pin. I personally rate The Thing as a top all time movie, but I do not think it would translate well to a pinball machine. I do think Evil Dead series, Phantasm, They Live for example would. I personally did not think Halloween would make a good pin, and while some like it, I think the overall sentiment to it is not as positive. I also do not think Texas Chainsaw Massacre would translate to a good pin either.

IMO to kind of tie up what I'm stating above, I feel that for a pinball machine in today's era to use a theme well, it needs to actually have phrasing. Callouts that everyone knows, repeats etc. NOES while already done (haven't really played it) has the potential to be a great game. Alien is a great game.

Slasher films with silent antagonists have little in that regard. They would have probably made better pins before the SS era.

I'm not saying it can't be done however.

#11931 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

One thing for sure, SDCE is a warning shot across the bow as far as what future customers will be expecting from the other manufacturers.

I doubt it moves the needle in that regard. They had to cut corners somewhere, or got the license really really cheap. Or, it is possible they are barely upcharging, but that seems unlikely, they gotta survive. The other manufacturers are going to do what they do, and people will still buy them.

#11932 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's definitely nostalgia. It doesn't really hold up storywise these days, however, it is a cult classic and would be a cool pin.
There are far better 80's horror movies overall, but not all would make a good pin. I personally rate The Thing as a top all time movie, but I do not think it would translate well to a pinball machine. I do think Evil Dead series, Phantasm, They Live for example would. I personally did not think Halloween would make a good pin, and while some like it, I think the overall sentiment to it is not as positive. I also do not think Texas Chainsaw Massacre would translate to a good pin either.
IMO to kind of tie up what I'm stating above, I feel that for a pinball machine in today's era to use a theme well, it needs to actually have phrasing. Callouts that everyone knows, repeats etc. NOES while already done (haven't really played it) has the potential to be a great game. Alien is a great game.
Slasher films with silent antagonists have little in that regard. They would have probably made better pins before the SS era.
I'm not saying it can't be done however.

Evil Dead would be epic.

#11933 1 year ago

I'm still waiting for Bible Adventures...

#11935 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Next.....Take your pick.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'll take both!!!

#11936 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

The SLOW code drops for UM and HW are what bothers me the most. Hopefully things get onto some kind of regular cadence eventually.

Slow code drop? Do you own any JJP's? Hahaha. There have been like... 1 update in 2 years. On ANY GAME!!! GNR sitting over here twiddling it's thumbs. Lol

I will say it's pretty darn good (they all are) to begin with. I heard um/hwn was not, so maybe that's more deserving.

#11937 1 year ago

Funny thing is with Scooby finally revealed it leaves no BIG Spooky predictions live. Scooby felt like the most likely and positive choice for them. Very curious on where they are steering the ship.

#11938 1 year ago

My vote is for courage the cowardly dog!

#11939 1 year ago
Svengoolie. (resized).pngSvengoolie. (resized).png
#11940 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Only if there is a naaaaaaughty mode, clippers and all.

#11941 1 year ago

What about a ‘Wednesday’ pin?

#11942 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Fucking love this!

#11943 1 year ago

I don’t know if it’s ‘spooky’ enough but what about a Big Chuck and Little John or Hoolihan?

Not many will get this but I think this could be some dark humor and I always find myself watching it in the fall and winter.

#11944 1 year ago

I've yet to read the other main thread, but perhaps Spooky to do a similar duo game release as in Halloween/Ultraman..
?

#11945 1 year ago

Scooby is a dream theme for me and the wife.

I am a HW buyer and am enjoying this show.

I will most likely end up with a Scooby, but not on release.

Enjoy your purchase

#11946 1 year ago

I will say that Scooby Doo has been kicking ass on licensing recently.

Rick and Morty: 9/10 Niche license that a dedicated fanbase loves.

Halloween/Ultraman: 8/10 Not my cup of tea but horror fans ate it up. Not exactly a ton of horror pins to choose from these days. Ultraman was niche, but they kept numbers low on it.

Scooby Doo: 10/10 Has a huge fan base and appeal.

Compare that to JJP in the time period:

Guns and Roses: 9/10 people love the band and it's popular

Toy Story 4: 5/10 Just toy story 4? No 1/2/3?

Stern:

Godzilla: 10/10 Full assets

Rush: 6/10 They have assets, but it is a less popular band

Bond: 7/10 Great theme, but assets seem lacking

American Pinball:

Hotwheels: 5/10 They have full assets from... the youtube show no-one has heard of?

Legends of Valhalla: original theme, doesn't count

P3

Weird Al: 7/10 Niche theme, but good assets

#11947 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I will say that Scooby Doo has been kicking ass on licensing recently.
Rick and Morty: 9/10 Niche license that a dedicated fanbase loves.
Halloween/Ultraman: 8/10 Not my cup of tea but horror fans ate it up. Not exactly a ton of horror pins to choose from these days. Ultraman was niche, but they kept numbers low on it.
Scooby Doo: 10/10 Has a huge fan base and appeal.
Compare that to JJP in the time period:
Guns and Roses: 9/10 people love the band and it's popular
Toy Story 4: 5/10 Just toy story 4? No 1/2/3?
Stern:
Godzilla: 10/10 Full assets
Rush: 6/10 They have assets, but it is a less popular band
Bond: 7/10 Great theme, but assets seem lacking
American Pinball:
Hotwheels: 5/10 They have full assets from... the youtube show no-one has heard of?
Legends of Valhalla: original theme, doesn't count
P3
Weird Al: 7/10 Niche theme, but good assets

If you say Scooby-Doo is a 10 , then Bond has to be a 10 , they seem to have a lot of assets , just not in the game yet .
Rick and Morty is 9 out of 10 for me as well , but I understand if for alot of people it's not for them .
I would put GNR at 6-7 , but the way they did it made it a 10 .
Early Godzilla , I would put at 6 - 7 but the way they did it , again it becomes a 10 .
Not for me , but Toy Story as a theme is an 8 .
Halloween 5 , Ultraman 3 .
As an Australian , Rush 1 .
Hot Wheels with the YouTube videos 7 .
Weird Al , not for me but people seem like it 4-5 .
If future JJP titles are correct .
The Godfather 5 .
Elton John , minus 5 .
Disclaimer - these are just my personal views and should not be taken to heart

#11948 1 year ago

ALL KINDS OF NEW INFO AND SURPRISES

The Pinball Show: Scooby Doo Pinball w/Bug & Spooky Luke

Host: Zach Meny
Special Guests: Corwin "Bug" Emery and Spooky Luke, Spooky Pinball Game Designers/Company Management

The Spooky Pinball gang was kind enough to join TPS to thoroughly discuss everything that went into development of their newest game offering: Scooby Doo, Where Are You? Pinball.

Special thanks again to Spooky Pinball for your time, energy, transparency, and passion for pinball. We appreciate the time and care you take for enthusiasts and consumers.

Purchase your very own Scooby Doo pinball machine direct from Spooky Pinball at spookypinball.com or from an authorized Spooky Pinball distributor.

Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-66nt7-1333917

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
#11949 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

ALL KINDS OF NEW INFO AND SURPRISES
The Pinball Show: Scooby Doo Pinball w/Bug & Spooky Luke
Host: Zach Meny
Special Guests: Corwin "Bug" Emery and Spooky Luke, Spooky Pinball Game Designers/Company Management
The Spooky Pinball gang was kind enough to join TPS to thoroughly discuss everything that went into development of their newest game offering: Scooby Doo, Where Are You? Pinball.
Special thanks again to Spooky Pinball for your time, energy, transparency, and passion for pinball. We appreciate the time and care you take for enthusiasts and consumers.
Purchase your very own Scooby Doo pinball machine direct from Spooky Pinball at spookypinball.com or from an authorized Spooky Pinball distributor.
Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.
email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-66nt7-1333917
[quoted image]

Woop x7

#11950 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Slow code drop? Do you own any JJP's? Hahaha. There have been like... 1 update in 2 years. On ANY GAME!!! GNR sitting over here twiddling it's thumbs. Lol

I will say it's pretty darn good (they all are) to begin with. I heard um/hwn was not, so maybe that's more deserving.

You are absolutely right, I am VERY happy with UM and RM and they definitely do MUCH better than JJP. Unfortunately for me JJP has yet to make a machine I am even slightly interested in. I am 100% in on SD CE and the Spooky games we own are BOLTED to the floor. But, I would not complain about more frequent updates to code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/239?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.