7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 269.
#11751 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Scooby seems unlikely to me. It might have happened when Ted Turner owned them but now ownership sits with Warner Bros. I don't think Warner Bros would do a deal with a pinball company that still refers to themselves as a "boutique" pinball company. Plus, Stern already has a relationship with Warner Bros. I think the next release from Spooky will be less mainstream.

Lots of cluesless people that say all sorts of ridiculous things on here. It would be a Christmas miracle if we were blessed with a release before the new year. Unfortunately, speculation without any actual proof given is just that...speculation. So many people on here think they have inside information, only to find out they're completely wrong.

#11752 1 year ago

I’m with you on this, there aren’t many shows that I watched as a kid that I’m nostalgic enough to spend 10k plus on unless it shoots really well. Heck I own a TWD and a Frankenstein and have never seen either.

That being said kids don’t buy pinball machines, it’s mainly dudes over 40.

Quoted from Zablon:

This is my problem. Sure...I liked scooby when I was younger, and yes, I still like the idea of it, but I don't actively watch it. I mostly watch the crossover stuff to see how they handle it - but those are adult themed shows. Scooby IS a kids show, and yes young kids still watch it.
I don't see myself wanting to drop 10k+ on Scooby as a theme as an adult. I want stuff with more edge. I would buy an R&M over again before I'd buy Scooby.

#11753 1 year ago

I am going to guess that Eric will code Scooby and that is a big selling point.

#11754 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Didnt we get a little bait and switch with Bowen/Halloween?

#11755 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Lots of cluesless people that say all sorts of ridiculous things on here. It would be a Christmas miracle if we were blessed with a release before the new year. Unfortunately, speculation without any actual proof given is just that...speculation. So many people on here think they have inside information, only to find out they're completely wrong.

no new title is going to be released by years end, plans were to get tna rerun done before the end of the year so in jan they can start fresh.

#11756 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

no new title is going to be released by years end, plans were to get tna rerun done before the end of the year so in jan they can start fresh.

#11757 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have a lot more faith in Eric making a fun Scooby Doo game (although I'm still a bit skeptical of that being the next theme vs what people really want to see). I think he has a lot of creativity and a better eye for game design than Fawzma. Granted Bowen helped with R&M, but Eric showed he had a lot of cool ideas in CCC.

#11758 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I’m with you on this, there aren’t many shows that I watched as a kid that I’m nostalgic enough to spend 10k plus on unless it shoots really well. Heck I own a TWD and a Frankenstein and have never seen either.
That being said kids don’t buy pinball machines, it’s mainly dudes over 40.

I would buy a Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman/G-Force in a heartbeat.

#11759 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I would think they would announce the next title sometime this month...so they can make and start shipping them in January. I guess we will see soon enough.

#11760 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

I would think they would announce the next title sometime this month...so they can make and start shipping them in January. I guess we will see soon enough.

Man it seems like they just announced Ultraman/Haloween. But looking back on it that was July 2021. R&M was announced December 2019... 18 months earlier. 18 months after Ultraman would be... January. I don't see them announcing around Christmastime, but I could be surprised. R&M came out of left field. Stern might announce something new in January. Come to think of it... I give it a 75% chance Spooky announces something in the next 2 months... say by 30 January.

#11761 1 year ago

Good time to announce since no one else seems ready (what's up American Pinball?)

#11762 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Good time to announce since no one else seems ready (what's up American Pinball?)

I think A.P. is trying to squeeze every cent out of their previous titles before they release the next one.

#11763 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Ninja turtles isn’t a “kiddie theme” in the sense that it wasn’t marketed for kids, the people that watched it are in their 40s now.
Just like scooby do isn’t going to be marketed for kids, if it is in fact the next spooky game.
My kids are 8 and 11 and they have never seen an episode of either show.

I understand the intent, but I know plenty of people personally that bought Turtles for their family because it was a "kid-friendly" theme only to find it way too hard/frustrating for their kids who got rid of it pretty quickly. That's what I'm talking about. The intent didn't match the reality. A different theme on that playfield design and they would have had more success.

Scooby is a little different because it's much older than TMNT so there's a broader range of fans who grew up with it, but I would hope that Spooky comes up with an approachable playfield design for it that for the most part works out of the box without all the tweaking R&M required to play well. If they do that, and the code is solid, two huge IFS, they could repair a lot of the damage Halloween/Ultraman did and get back on track.

#11764 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I understand the intent, but I know plenty of people personally that bought Turtles for their family because it was a "kid-friendly" theme only to find it way too hard/frustrating for their kids who got rid of it pretty quickly. That's what I'm talking about. The intent didn't match the reality. A different theme on that playfield design and they would have had more success.

Here is what the Turtles pinball did for me. I have always championed that a great playing game is a great playing game, no matter the theme. When Stern announced the KISS remake several years ago, man that was a theme for me, I am in, I bought an LE. At the same time there were many that were turned off because the theme was KISS. They hate KISS, they hate the music, it's a kiddie band...whatever. Well, I am the same with TNMT, I hate the everything about the whole turtles franchise. Turns out, I love the game play, so does my wife. But you know what, both of us are like we are not bringing that in our house. So yeah, doesn't matter how great of a player it is, the theme MATTERS.

Same thing, I bought Halloween, on the spot because it's a dream theme for me. I love the game. At the same time, I hate SPECTRAMAN. Its the same dang game, but I would NEVER own one.

Scooby Doo? If you grew up on it and have the fond memories? Why not? I also have one name for all of you...THELMA! The ladies that like to dress up as a hot Thelma cosplay? Whoa boy! Yeah, it's adult enough!

thelma (resized).jpgthelma (resized).jpg
#11765 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I also have one name for all of you...THELMA! The ladies that like to dress up as a hot Thelma cosplay? Whoa boy! Yeah, it's adult enough!
[quoted image]

Ahem...that would be Velma. And of course I want the cartoon version for the game, but Linda Cardellini is a damn hot Velma.

qjhsupza6fl61 (resized).jpgqjhsupza6fl61 (resized).jpg
#11766 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Ahem...that would be Velma. And of course I want the cartoon version for the game, but Linda Cardellini is a damn hot Velma.
[quoted image]

OH man....I am ashamed! V E L M A!

#11767 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is my problem. Sure...I liked scooby when I was younger, and yes, I still like the idea of it, but I don't actively watch it. I mostly watch the crossover stuff to see how they handle it - but those are adult themed shows. Scooby IS a kids show, and yes young kids still watch it.
I don't see myself wanting to drop 10k+ on Scooby as a theme as an adult. I want stuff with more edge. I would buy an R&M over again before I'd buy Scooby.

Dude I so agree with you. I'm 49 years old and have no desire for a Scooby-Doo pin. Back when I was younger, TMNT was cool stuff, Scooby-Doo was for the very little kids. I would definitely like to own a TMNT (Stern) machine. To each their own. There are tons of goofy themes that are popular. Hell I have a Hurricane lol. But the way the coaster and some of the clowns are drawn is freaky.

#11768 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I was about to post the same thing! She was amazing in Grandma's Boy too.

gwt1d37zmpm81.gifgwt1d37zmpm81.gif
#11769 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Dude I so agree with you. I'm 49 years old and have no desire for a Scooby-Doo pin. Back when I was younger, TMNT was cool stuff, Scooby-Doo was for the very little kids. I would definitely like to own a TMNT (Stern) machine. To each their own. There are tons of goofy themes that are popular. Hell I have a Hurricane lol. But the way the coaster and some of the clowns are drawn is freaky.

Yeah, if there are people who want it as a dream theme, no judgement. I just wonder how many 40-50 somethings there are that actually do.

#11770 1 year ago

Lots of activity. I was worried that I missed something.

#11771 1 year ago

As a 40 year old fan of 60’s 70’s cell animation, I’m in. As someone who likes pinball, I’m in. As someone who likes halloweenie stuff, I’m in. As someone who likes 60’s jazz and r n roll and surf and analog sound fx, I’m in. As someone who like nostalgic TV and cartoons, I’m in. Scooby Doo has all that shit. It’s not for babies, it’s for people who appreciate all of the above.

Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, if there are people who want it as a dream theme, no judgement. I just wonder how many 40-50 somethings there are that actually do.

#11772 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Lots of activity. I was worried that I missed something.

I heard about some code for a game next week.

#11773 1 year ago

Me too. Just finished talking with two of our codes.

#11774 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Me too. Just finished talking with two of our codes.

So...code whisperer?

Next-level conversational pinball self-coding AI.

#11775 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Don’t worry!
If Scooby is up next, I would guess a Ash Vs Evil Dead or similar R rated Adult horror movie (Phantasm?)title would follow after.

For the record I’d buy any/ all of those in a heartbeat.

#11776 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hopefully this month for a New American Pinball release.

#11777 1 year ago

I loved Scooby Doo when I was 9. While I think it could make a pretty good game, I don’t see myself having one in my game room. Maybe they will do a dual theme release like they did with Halloween/Ultraman. Scooby and The Thing. I would be all in on The Thing.

#11778 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I loved Scooby Doo when I was 9. While I think it could make a pretty good game, I don’t see myself having one in my game room. Maybe they will do a dual theme release like they did with Halloween/Ultraman. Scooby and The Thing. I would be all in on The Thing.

Hopefully Spooky learned they can't manage a dual release and give both the attention customers deserve.

Now if they want to retheme LATER like Family Guy/Shrek? Sure, that'd probably work out ok, especially if the playfield design is solid. Just reuse it with new art and adapted code.

#11779 1 year ago

The haunted house in Scooby-Doo could be the house in TCM. Another dual release?

#11780 1 year ago

What do you all think of a Stephen King pin? Just all his books, references all over and every one represented. Would be awesome for an artist if not based on the movies. You could get fairly free rain on how things look, the sounds, etcetera.

#11781 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

What do you all think of a Stephen King pin? Just all his books, references all over and every one represented. Would be awesome for an artist if not based on the movies. You could get fairly free rain on how things look, the sounds, etcetera.

He's written over 60 books, that seems a little ambitious for pinball.

#11782 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

He's written over 60 books, that seems a little ambitious for pinball.

Yea… you may be right, maybe not every book. I guess focus on the more popular and what you want on the playfield. Gonna take a really talented team to pull that off. I just hope people would want the game.

#11783 1 year ago

The Shining would be kick ass!

#11784 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Quoted from LouMatt:

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Man it seems like they just announced Ultraman/Haloween. But looking back on it that was July 2021. R&M was announced December 2019... 18 months earlier. 18 months after Ultraman would be... January. I don't see them announcing around Christmastime, but I could be surprised. R&M came out of left field. Stern might announce something new in January. Come to think of it... I give it a 75% chance Spooky announces something in the next 2 months... say by 30 January.

Rumor is new theme announced today, 3 December. Possibly the last time for guesses. I'm tapped out, but hoping for Scooby-Doo.

Screenshot courtesy of Kanedas facebook.

Screenshot_20221203-050509_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221203-050509_Facebook (resized).jpg
#11785 1 year ago

As always he’s just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. I’m not convinced that there will be an announcement today

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Rumor is new theme announced today, 3 December. Possibly the last time for guesses. I'm tapped out, but hoping for Scooby-Doo.
Screenshot courtesy of Kanedas facebook.[quoted image]

#11786 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As always he’s just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. I’m not convinced that there will be an announcement today

Yes but Spooky is stiring the pot today too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-secret-time-#post-7270243

#11787 1 year ago

I find it interesting you choose to quote 'breaking news' from that person when Spooky started their own thread about it last night

#11788 1 year ago

I just missed it.

Come on Harry Potter!

#11789 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I find it interesting you choose to quote 'breaking news' from that person when Spooky started their own thread about it last night

I will admit that I saw it on Facebook first as well.

#11790 1 year ago

It’s Scooby Doo!!! Verified!!

#11791 1 year ago

#11792 1 year ago

Love it came here and was like wait nobody posted yet haha. Hell yes. Need!

#11793 1 year ago

Did they say when game will be revealed?

#11794 1 year ago
yes-old-school.gifyes-old-school.gif
#11795 1 year ago

Is it Scott Denesi?

#11796 1 year ago

Seems like kind of a rushed promo. They didn't even animate the balls rolling when they were going between the doors, and that would have taken like a 30 second job in after effects or whatever they edited this in.

Crossing my fingers and toes Spooky buckles down and pays attention to the details to make this a great game.

#11797 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Did they say when game will be revealed?

They have an event at 4 PM at Pincinatti. I expect more details then.

#11798 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like kind of a rushed promo. They didn't even animate the balls rolling when they were going between the doors, and that would have taken like 30 seconds in after effects or whatever they edited this in.
Crossing my fingers and toes Spooky buckles down and pays attention to the details to make this a great game.

Let’s hope they don’t reuse the same backgrounds while the gang is walking.

#11799 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like kind of a rushed promo. They didn't even animate the balls rolling when they were going between the doors, and that would have taken like a 30 second job in after effects or whatever they edited this in.

The crude edges works much better for this theme considering the source material’s animation quality.

#11800 1 year ago

Pincinatti has been without power for hours…hopefully it comes back soon, but Duke Energy estimated 10 pm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/236 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.