harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7511 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They will sell a large portion of their pins almost instantly. When I bought my Rick and Morty, I was refreshing right at release time, ordered immediately (within minutes of it being available for sale) and would up with pin 373 of 750, so that is 1/2 within minutes. I had a great experience ordering from Spooky direct, but I'm sure ordering through a distributor would work great too.

I'm looking forward to buying my 1st machine directly from Spooky. Have R&M and ACNC and enjoy everything about them. I understand some concerns over risk given limited gameplay views but Spooky has good history with me. Good luck all!

#7717 2 years ago

Same, same, same. But finally after 27 mins, CE ordered!

#7804 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Whats the confirmation emailook like?

Spooky issues confirmation order has been placed. In addition you should get a notice of credit card billing if you have that feature set up on your card.
Order #11427 at 9:37CST on 2nd full attempt after prior ID252 message 10 mins prior.

#8041 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Less than 30 Halloween remain... under 20 Ultraman.
Can't thank everyone enough for the support and patience during the launch.

Congratulations Spooky! Thrilled to add JCH CE to my ACNC and R&M. Getting crowded, will have to move some of my other pins.

#8175 2 years ago

Wunderbar! I've ordered a CE this time around. Last year I imported 4 (US mfr) from Italy, a GI previously from Germany. Sure your BSE will be a blast! Congrats!

#8994 2 years ago

Admittedly a little late on this thread (was watching a great Euro2020 game): I remember ROLLING the Sony Wega down two flights of stairs it was so heavy. Haven't resorted to that yet with pinballs thank goodness... did have one "sit" on me for a couple moments

Quoted from insight75:

I still have nightmares of moving my 34" widescreen Sony CRT down my stairs alone. God I swear they put lead inside of them...... Perhaps it got me ready for moving pinball machines.

1 week later
#9533 2 years ago

HOOORAHHH!

Halloween CE
Ordered directly from spooky

Order number 11427

Production # 199

#9543 2 years ago

Nice, we're HWCE neighbors. I promise if #200 gets delivered to NJ with my #199, I'll call ya! Just a tunnel, tolls & a short drive away. LOL. Congrats!

Quoted from Mitoska:

Nice...way earlier # then I was expecting CE #200 my order was at 9:37

#9580 2 years ago

brerspidur - thanks for creating and updating the Halloween list! Great to see the list grow and fill out. So exciting the H78 crew be defined.

#9588 2 years ago

check out #9539, already underway.

Quoted from RobT:

Very cool.
Would it be difficult to add Ultraman as well? Seems like that would be even more useful overall.
UM CE #184 direct from Spooky here.

#9626 2 years ago

So nice to see a true pinball collector/hobster has already put their Halloween CE slot up for sale. Only took a day. Free market lives but $3k just aint righhhhhht!

#9875 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yeah I'd pay a little more for that playfield that was a standard thickness made the same way...the playfied finish...awesome...probably the best I've seen IMHO

Sorry I'm a little late on this thread, was disassembling and reassembling my upper playfield on ACNC (as very early posts on ACNC said, a real pita). At $10k for Halloween CE I think we're already paying for a little thicker multi plywood. I love what Spooky is doing but the little extra plywood thickness would be nice. I hadn't realized that my RnM playfield was thinner, possibly requiring further switch adjustments. That said, I'm glad we're back to discussing pinball.

8 months later
#10686 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

So, they’re roughly halfway through the run of the twin games now, does that sound right? Any speculation out there as to when they will announce the next title? This is pretty well a self-serving question…just trying to figure out how much more time I have to save up for a new run of TNA. Doesn’t it make sense for them to follow up the twins with something that Spooky knows is a hit and would be quick to ramp up production? Crank out a few hundred TNA while working on getting things ready to go for the new title?

As much as I'd like to have a TNA, I'm not a fan of "going back to the well" even though the game is a success. While a money maker for the mfr it dilutes the special status for the lucky owners of the original. Everyone may want one - but like those trophies for showing up - it undermines the future for the "sport" or business. There's something special about the FINITENESS of things... Okay, I guess I'm going to get strafed for this position.

#10701 2 years ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

I guess I don't see why owning a product should be a special status for anyone.

They're still going to cost $7-8000+ so I don't think the participation trophy comparison is apt. As far as undermining the future of the business, I think it only hurts Spooky if they increase the supply beyond demand. At their boutique capacity, it doesn't seem to me like they're in immediate danger of doing that.

Hopefully you don't feel strafed! Just my thoughts

Appreciate your thoughts/input, no harm-no foul. Feeling lucky kind of equates to heightened appreciation for finding something special, acting on it and/or taking the chance. From a supply and demand perspective we consumers thrive on availability but get pumped on perceived shortage. Finiteness can drive motivation, appreciation and $. I guess I'm tired of companies repeatedly going back to a successful "product" or theme until it's so tired and worthless, it's lost it's magic. But I run on.... sorry. Let's play some pinball!

2 weeks later
#10783 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

R&M 2.0. I’d be in on one in a heartbeat, Expand the code so 1.0 owners get a free upgrade as well. I know very unlikely, but the market prices definitely show the demand is there.
I’m in on a TNA 2.0 when they become available. Really cool game.

Haven't played TNA but have RNM, ACNC and HW - how would you say TNA compares to those with regards to game play? Thinking about adding TNA but would appreciate your insight here. What say you?

3 months later
#11033 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ohhhh booiii ATHF is back. Next Spooky Pin??

OUCH! I must be too old since I don't know the material. At least I knew a few early suggestions because my now-adult kids liked them. Time has this nasty habit of sneaking by. Don't let it happen to you! Of course, you could keep a few EM's or early SS games in the collection to be comfortable... I know, sacrilege!

#11037 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Yet you have Rick for an avatar? ATHF predates R&M by 13 years.

Good point! My youngest daughter (25) introduced me to R&M and got me hooked - especially the early seasons. I identified with Rick not because I'm brilliant (I'm not) but an engineer and for the drooling, belching, cussing senior with all his flaws. Who can't identify with that!

Best of all, of my 4 daughters, the youngest seemed to genuinely enjoy playing some of my other games and that moved me to seek out a RAM game last year to further enrich my relationship with her, oh, and starting a love affair with Spooky games.

3 weeks later
#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This has been a long debated topic…if you think pinball (or almost any hobby) is an investment…you will be disappointed. If you buy what you enjoy, then you will enjoy the hobby…no matter what you sell it for.

Amen! Problem is that some got used to buying, playing and then selling for a profit. Boo hoo hoo. Fortunately for us, we can keep playing!

3 months later
#11901 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't want to belabor this point, but I do think it's worth bringing this up again since it hasn't really been brought up around Scooby. (And I won't bring down the hype thread by this "negativity" of pointing out serious issues last time Spooky sold a game)
There was some hesitation around the Halloween/Ultraman design at launch. One of the hesitations was who was the rule designer.

So Spooky tries to reassure potential buyers

The community being relieved by that

I'm not sure what the story of this photo is, but keep this in mind

Now Bowen's version

Let's be clear: Spooky announced and then put Halloween/Ultraman up for sale within days. They did not post any gameplay videos for over a month after sales were opened. They outright lied to potential buyers to reassure them.
Now some of the buyers are happy with their game, which is great. But it doesn't change the fact it was sold under false pretenses.
I understand Spooky might be cautious about saying too much now. Scooby might be by a new coder and some people will feel some fear, uncertainty, and doubt. But I want to remind Spooky of how they botched dealing with that last time, because it was a pretty big fuck up in my personal opinion.

Quite impressed by your thoroughness and journalistic approach: Can't argue when direct quotes brought back to the fore... I don't take this as bringing down the hype.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=zebpin61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.