(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,678 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Megeant
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,678 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 234.
#10051 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Whats the best way to earn scooby snacks? I cant manage to collect many.
My last game I scored 3.7 million, started 2 villian modes, completed one, and one character mode (didnt complete), got CC MB, and ended with 12 scooby snacks. I have no clue how to even get close to 50. Ive only done that once which was my highest score of 12.8 million.
Is this normal or am I just really bad. I know im not great but maybe i am far worse than I think.

OK, you have to drop Scooby Snack Targets to light Snacks on the lanes and collect them.

I think you have to drop all 3 in a bank to light Snacks, but not sure about that

If you choose Scooby Snack Targets at Skill Shot and hit them, it lights a whole bunch of Snacks at once

Once you get 8, start Scooby Snack Multiball and try to collect a buttload of Snacks.

SSM can run along any other mode, and you can start it multiple times

That's the only way I have gotten over 50 Snacks

RussM

#10052 3 months ago

Any recommendations for clear mesh for the speaker grills? I have some of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00114M18S There are diamond and square patterns in the mesh - not pronounced but I’d hate to install and see them (OCD). Are there any “clean” versions and any thoughts on 14, 10, or 7 count variants delivering different results?

#10053 3 months ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Any recommendations for clear mesh for the speaker grills? I have some of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00114M18S There are diamond and square patterns in the mesh - not pronounced but I’d hate to install and see them (OCD). Are there any “clean” versions and any thoughts on 14, 10, or 7 count variants delivering different results?

That’s what I am using and they work perfectly. Will be doing the same for my LT.

#10054 3 months ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

You won’t see the mesh, they really do make the speaker character cutouts shine with good lighting balance. Only takes about 40 minutes to cut and install them. High recommend doing it.

#10055 3 months ago
Quoted from obnor2k2:

Ooooohhhhh - what number was it? Can't tell in the photo. Just curious to see how close I am to getting my buttered CE.

Sorry, I didn't look that close at the number. I was mesmerized by the cabinet.

#10056 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That’s what I am using and they work perfectly. Will be doing the same for my LT.

Don't order any more just yet. There was mesh in the prototype.

#10057 3 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Don't order any more just yet. There was mesh in the prototype.

What!!??!

Wow Spooky really is listening to us. That is awesome.

#10058 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, you have to drop Scooby Snack Targets to light Snacks on the lanes and collect them.
I think you have to drop all 3 in a bank to light Snacks, but not sure about that
If you choose Scooby Snack Targets at Skill Shot and hit them, it lights a whole bunch of Snacks at once
Once you get 8, start Scooby Snack Multiball and try to collect a buttload of Snacks.
RussM

I'll add that stacking Scooby Snack MB with Mystery Machine MB will REALLY help you earn a lot of Scooby Snacks.

#10059 3 months ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

That's what I used too, clear square holes and 14 holes/inch

That pack was enough to do my Ultraman and my Scooby and made a big improvement by spreading the color out.

Same idea gets used in the City on Fire Speaker lighting kit for Godzilla - looks great

RM

#10060 3 months ago

Reading the comments on Scooby snacks above.

Opinion:

ALWAYS start with drops as a skill shot to light scooby snacks, once you collect enough snacks to light locks, then prioritize the upper scooby lock (right apron lock) first as this is the more difficult shot to hit if you have a multiball already going. Doing so will make stacking scooby snack MB with another multiball much easier. I prefer captain cutler mb stack. I usually trap up and try to use more precision with mystery machine mb. Lately, I've been getting closer to the elusive 5-character super jackpot.

The only other option for a skill shot would be the stand-ups to get the center ball save.

#10061 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That pack was enough to do my Ultraman and my Scooby and made a big improvement by spreading the color out.
Same idea gets used in the City on Fire Speaker lighting kit for Godzilla - looks great
RM

Rumor has it from gorditas the prototype LT has mesh in the speaker panel - Spooky is listening

#10062 3 months ago

Question: I'm not sure how much jackpots are worth in captain cutler mb, but I just thought, for points, having scooby snack multiball going and just comboing character shots may be the way to go. Combos can be worth some points. I don't remember how much the other jackpots are worth in mystery machine mb. I'll try to pay attention when my daughter is playing tomorrow.

#10063 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Rumor has it from gorditas the prototype LT has mesh in the speaker panel - Spooky is listening

Do you mean clear mesh? All the scooby's had black mesh which most are replacing with clear to spread the light out.

#10064 3 months ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

If you have a Michaels store close by, this works perfectly:

https://www.michaels.com/product/clear-7-mesh-plastic-canvas-by-loops-threads-10665934?

#10065 3 months ago

Anyone have pics of their clear mesh on the grills? Would love to see the impact. This is an easy swap IMO.

#10066 3 months ago

Look at post 6249 there are pics and instructions

#10067 3 months ago

Just wanted to say my 8-year-old has been playing this game daily. She is the first in the family to actually get into pinball! (other than myself)

And she is developing some skills. I think I could bring her to a league this fall.

I'm so glad I bought this game. If you look at my collection hx, you will see I've tried having family friendly games in the past, but this one is the one that stuck.
(note, I didn't give all games a fair chance. The Getaway was a pretty cool one, but I never intended to keep it.)

#10068 3 months ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone have pics of their clear mesh on the grills? Would love to see the impact. This is an easy swap IMO.

I did the IPS screen and clear mesh at the same time, here are some before/after:
IMG_1858 (resized).jpegIMG_1858 (resized).jpegIMG_1861 (resized).jpegIMG_1861 (resized).jpegIMG_1859 (resized).jpegIMG_1859 (resized).jpegIMG_1868 (resized).jpegIMG_1868 (resized).jpeg

#10069 3 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I did the IPS screen and clear mesh at the same time, here are some before/after:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes that screen is a huge difference.

Before you changed it did you try adjusting the factory one as per some posts in this topic?

#10070 3 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Do you mean clear mesh? All the scooby's had black mesh which most are replacing with clear to spread the light out.

Leave the black mesh installed, just stack the clear mesh between the black and the speakers. Still looks black from the front when the game is “off”.

#10071 3 months ago

This is what mine looks like with the black mesh in front and the pearl white mesh behind. Picture is from three months ago when I installed the mesh.

72185548356__4AEB2C22-385F-498F-93E4-90E5D5929424 (resized).jpeg72185548356__4AEB2C22-385F-498F-93E4-90E5D5929424 (resized).jpeg
#10072 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Yes Sir, that City on Fire speaker lighting kit is the cat’s meow with the pearl white mesh installed behind the stock black foam filter material on my premium Godzilla. One of the best bang for the buck mods for GZ.

#10073 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Before you changed it did you try adjusting the factory one as per some posts in this topic?

No, as I already had the IPS screen on-hand (ordered for my TNA CE, but decided the washed out screen was a good look on TNA).

Note: I removed the black mesh and just run the clear, as I like the look. Others stack the clear and black mesh.

#10074 3 months ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

This is what mine looks like with the black mesh in front and the pearl white mesh behind. Picture is from three months ago when I installed the mesh.
[quoted image]

Forgive my ignorance on this. Why stack it? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of passing more light if the black is still installed?

#10075 3 months ago

Did Spooky ever acknowledge the Auto-Launch design issue?

#10076 3 months ago

For all that have the shaky lock down bar this is what I did to get it hold tight, I decreased the angle for the slider to slip into. You can accomplish this with a dermel or manual file (if you’re into that). You may still need to use the adjustment screw (righty= engagement bar moves down, lefty= goes up.)

Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

I’m about to order the parts from PBL, should be a drop in replacement using the coil from the original mech and will be like the LT version. Should be about $20-30 in parts.
6F9D9672-CBAA-4AE6-A9ED-E8003A74EB54 (resized).jpeg6F9D9672-CBAA-4AE6-A9ED-E8003A74EB54 (resized).jpeg

#10077 3 months ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

Well, they have changed to the WPC-style piston-type autolauncher for LT and TCM, so yes, kind of.

That split-fork autolauncher is meant for a shooter-rod autolauncher combo game like UM and HWN, not Scooby IMO

RussM

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10078 3 months ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

So I have had this issue for months. I tried the 1-2 mm fix that Spooky gave to my friend (and others) which worked for them. It didn't work for me. I added the TSB mod which helped for awhile along with a drop of synthetic oil (per my prior posts) unfortunately problem came back.

With all of that being said, all that time I had never reached out to Spooky directly as I was trying to fix it myself. Well, I emailed them last Sunday and Monday morning got a prompt and thorough response from AJ where we could try a few other things or he also offered to send me a brand new launcher (I chose the latter). Just arrived and plan to install this weekend. So in less than 24 hrs they were on the case to try to make things right and within 1 week of my actually contacting Spooky I have a new part. they are clearly doing everything they can to offer support and solutions. Will report back when new mech (split fork still) installed. Still LOVE our Scooby!!!!

#10079 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Well, they have changed to the WPC-style piston-type autolauncher for LT and TCM, so yes, kind of.
That split-fork autolauncher is meant for a shooter-rod autolauncher combo game like UM and HWN, not Scooby IMO
RussM[quoted image][quoted image]

If only they had done this for Scooby. I really loathe the launcher in my game.

I don't think there is any way to retrofit this style on to Scooby either but if there is I am all for it so I can have clean consistent launches every time.

#10080 3 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

The Flipper button rings get sandwiched between the wood and the light ring. I unscrewed the nut just to the end of the threads, then pulled out the button slightly, dropped the ring into the recess in the wood, then screwed the nut back on "finger tight". I never actually "removed" any of the parts, I just held them in place. They are super easy to install.
Here's a step-by-step:
-Hold the button steady with one hand, and twist off the nut with the other (they should be tight, but not cinched down).
-Hold the nut & LED ring in place and remove the button.
-Slide the Clear Washer between the cabinet and the LED ring.
-Reinsert the button through the cabinet/clear washer/LED ring/nut.
-Tighten down the nut with your fingers.
No tools necessary. You don't want to crush the LED ring, or pull off the wires.

I installed this mod that you were kind enough to bring over to my house - Alaskans stick together, right!?!

But I don't have any lights on my flipper buttons. Is there a setting in the Menu for it?

P.S. If you have time to come back over, I'd love to have you help me install your fix for the center ramp where my balls gets stuck on occasion. (To sweeten the pot, to entice you over, I just got WOZ Ruby Red last night, so come play her with us!)

Cheers,
eric

#10081 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I really loathe the launcher in my game.

I have CE 851 which was delivered in Aug 2023. I have never had an issue with my launcher it has worked perfectly since day one. I feel bad for all of the issues some have had not sure why mine works without any adjustments.

#10082 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I don't think there is any way to retrofit this style on to Scooby either but if there is I am all for it so I can have clean consistent launches every time.

you can retr fit this, may just need to order a longer plunger. I'll get a list out once i can confirm everything. I had this project started a few weeks ago, got sent away for work and just got back. Ill hammer this out out over the next few days. Or i may reach out to AJ or someone over there to give me the lengths so i know what plunger to order. Looks like they made a cut out on the shooter lane on LT.

Bracket
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-auto-fire-bracket.html

plunger with nylon
https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-bell-armature-plunger-assembly-04-11212.html
(trim to fit)

gromet(rubber)
https://www.pinballlife.com/tan-rubber-grommet.html

everything else will be cannibalized off the OG mech. Please feel free to critique my list.

#10083 3 months ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Forgive my ignorance on this. Why stack it? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of passing more light if the black is still installed?

The white is a much finer mesh and produces great balanced lighting from the LEDs. I left the black so that the pearl white mesh wouldn’t be screaming at me when the game is not powered on. Just my preference.

#10084 3 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

you can retr fit this, may just need to order a longer plunger. I'll get a list out once i can confirm everything. I had this project started a few weeks ago, got sent away for work and just got back. Ill hammer this out out over the next few days. Or i may reach out to AJ or someone over there to give me the lengths so i know what plunger to order. Looks like they made a cut out on the shooter lane on LT.

Eager to see your results.

Thanks

#10085 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Isn't there a post on here that explains what settings to change it to in order to get more pop from your screen?

#10086 3 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Isn't there a post on here that explains what settings to change it to in order to get more pop from your screen?

Yes there are two different posts pinned to the top of this thread. They do help and make the screen look better but not as good as his pic.

Not complaining

#10087 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yes there are two different posts pinned to the top of this thread. They do help and make the screen look better but not as good as his pic.
Not complaining

Thank you - it's literally entitled "ultimate pop"!!

#600 and 601

bright 40%
contrast 80%
gamma "on"

vs.

bright 25%
contrast 85%
gamma "on"

#10088 3 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Bracket
plunger with nylon
https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-bell-armature-plunger-assembly-04-11212.html
(trim to fit)
gromet(rubber)
everything else will be cannibalized off the OG mech. Please feel free to critique my list.

That's missing a coil bracket

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10322-2

RM

#10089 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RussM

Thank you Russ. You have been incredibly helpful for everyone in this forum and I appreciate the input. That’s my problem that I only go for those drop targets if I’m chasing a character mode. I’ll start aiming for those and see if I can increase them. Also great to know SSMB can be hit multiple times. I know that MB will light up a boat load of snacks so will work on that!

#10090 3 months ago

I was messing with the brightness per the posts and so I was watching the screen while playing. Am I the only one that never noticed???? .... when you rip the spinners on the screen under the 2/2 in the left bottom corner it scrolls through pics of all the villains and lands on the one on the playfield?

#10091 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Take some hope on that. I know that someone has actually done this mod to a route Scooby.

I tried to get more details on that, some pics or a writeup but no response.

Hockeymutt is going to try it and I may try it too.

The whole assy is only like 35 bucks and it looks like it may fit.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-auto-fire-assembly.html

RM

#10092 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Take some hope on that. I know that someone has actually done this mod to a route Scooby.
I tried to get more details on that, some pics or a writeup but no response.
Hockeymutt is going to try it and I may try it too.
The whole assy is only like 35 bucks and it looks like it may fit.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-auto-fire-assembly.html
RM

That would be great if it did. Would be happy to make the change. Have a nice dent in my rail for this launcher and it’s issues. We still love the game though and it’s not leaving.

IMG_8423 (resized).jpegIMG_8423 (resized).jpeg
#10093 3 months ago

Must be included in the manual lol

Scooby List optos.pdfScooby List optos.pdf
#10094 3 months ago

any video to remove the upper playfield?

#10095 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballM:

any video to remove the upper playfield?

It's been said that Spooky made a video and can send it upon request. While I have not seen it, most folks have said following the key post that details removing the upper playfield was easier to follow than said video.

#10096 3 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Bracket
plunger with nylon
(trim to fit)
gromet(rubber)

You make a "kit".... just name your price. I'm your Huckleberry!!!

#10097 3 months ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

The white is a much finer mesh and produces great balanced lighting from the LEDs. I left the black so that the pearl white mesh wouldn’t be screaming at me when the game is not powered on. Just my preference.

Is yours the Amazon one?

#10098 3 months ago

Topper is in and its awesome! Check out my idea of using parts of the original topper. I started by using only the first row of villains, then both. If you're on the fence about getting this, you won't be disappointed!

IMG_1848 (resized).jpgIMG_1848 (resized).jpgIMG_1855 (resized).jpgIMG_1855 (resized).jpgIMG_1857 (resized).jpgIMG_1857 (resized).jpg
#10099 3 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Topper is in and its awesome! Check out my idea of using parts of the original topper. I started by using only the first row of villains, then both. If you're on the fence about getting this, you won't be disappointed!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome! Were you able to attach that to something existing or did you have to come up with a way to mount those behind?

#10100 3 months ago

That looks great thanks for pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dow, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
There are 11,678 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/202?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.