20240417_175905 (resized).jpg
20240417_175911 (resized).jpg
unk part (resized).png
unknown part (resized).png
broken spring (resized).png
Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 378.
#18501 32 days ago

Wow Cato is no longer with them either

#18503 32 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

OMG Abba? Havent they learned enough by dropping Queen?

Abba likely has been in the works around the same time, it was already in motion.

Abba is huge in Europe and I mean they had a ton of hits in the US, do think it's an odd choice of theme but who knows, figured Queen would have done better with all the love for old school rock pins supposedly. But could simply be that folks just want Sterns which are easier to acquire

#18504 32 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Abba likely has been in the works around the same time, it was already in motion.
Abba is huge in Europe and I mean they had a ton of hits in the US, do think it's an odd choice of theme but who knows, figured Queen would have done better with all the love for old school rock pins supposedly. But could simply be that folks just want Sterns which are easier to acquire

Personally, I feel the theme was a miss for Queen.

If they dont start getting good themes, they wont be around for long. Alien is a huge theme, fans span across many generations. Queen and Abba, not so much.

#18505 32 days ago

Lets put it to the test. How many people in this thread are interested in buying Abba?

#18506 32 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

If they dont start getting good themes, they wont be around for long. Alien is a huge theme, fans span across many generations. Queen and Abba, not so much.

Seems like a huge miss to not follow up a hit like Alien with a theme that would speak to your existing customer base. On the other hand, those other themes are a way to expand the customer base.

#18507 32 days ago

This announcement does concern me. I absolutely love my new Alien-RV but I do not like the abundant use of proprietary parts. If PB goes away in a few years, that could make getting replacement parts and boards challenging.

#18508 32 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lets put it to the test. How many people in this thread are interested in buying Abba?

Only 1% of 343 people who voted in this poll said they were “most excited” for ABBA vs other themes.

IMG_2711 (resized).jpegIMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
#18509 32 days ago

This has me second guessing following through on my deal for an Alien SV.

I don't want to have to suddenly rush to buy $1000s of parts just to keep on hand out of fear that PB and their support is going away.

I thought guys like Cato were the backbone of PB and especially Alien.

#18510 32 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I don't want to have to suddenly rush to buy $1000s of parts just to keep on hand out of fear that PB and their support is going away.

Everything is going to break. It's a metal ball that smashes against things. If the theme speaks to me then that is a great reason to have fun with it. Sites like Marcos and communities like this are built on helping keep games alive especially older pins from back in the day.

#18511 32 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Actually Queen is too, but the game just did not look appealing.

Abba might do well in EU...I don't think it will sell well in the US.

#18513 32 days ago

Whoopie!

2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
#18514 32 days ago

Hopefully I can save someone some time, this is where I ended up mounting the flasher extension board for the add-on flasher kit. I went low to give enough room for the ethernet cables. You’ll have to clip a few zip ties for one of the power bundles. Be careful not to get too close to the cutout on the upper left with the screw

37FCE19D-85D8-4B31-96AF-914DA051E645 (resized).jpeg37FCE19D-85D8-4B31-96AF-914DA051E645 (resized).jpeg64A46C57-0A2B-42CD-B33B-76DC2DC2E1A1 (resized).jpeg64A46C57-0A2B-42CD-B33B-76DC2DC2E1A1 (resized).jpeg
#18515 31 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

This is my concern also.

#18516 31 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually Queen is too, but the game just did not look appealing.
Abba might do well in EU...I don't think it will sell well in the US.

If it is anything like Queen, it is likely to flop.

#18517 31 days ago

Wow that Knapp arcade article is definitely troubling. Kato was beyond helpful when I was having issues with my machine. With that being said maybe ABBA is Swedish and the head orders of PB is in Sweden. Maybe the license was easily obtainable and sales will be much stronger over in Europe than here in the states. I don’t think ABBA will do better than queen at least over here.

#18518 31 days ago

Alien and Queen were both inherited weren't they? I assume Queen was already past the design phase? That's not the case with ABBA? Is this PB's first official they did it themselves game?

#18519 31 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Alien and Queen were both inherited weren't they? I assume Queen was already past the design phase? That's not the case with ABBA? Is this PB's first official they did it themselves game?

That's the whole of it.

#18520 31 days ago

At least their media guy agrees Predator would be cool.

Screenshot_20240327_093813 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240327_093813 (resized).jpg
#18521 31 days ago

I think PB needs to come out with some sort of Press Release explaining the changes being done internally. Im sure that would make its fan base more comfortable.

#18522 31 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think PB needs to come out with some sort of Press Release explaining the changes being done internally. Im sure that would make its fan base more comfortable.

They've been posting staff highlights on their Facebook page.

#18523 31 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

They've been posting staff highlights on their Facebook page.

Ok thats good to know. Thanks.

#18525 31 days ago

Maybe ABBA is a ruse
Does Predator have world appeal outside of the US? It's pretty heavy US themed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18526 31 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe ABBA is a ruse
Does Predator have world appeal outside of the US? It's pretty heavy US themed.

It’s got Schwarzenegger. He was the biggest international movie star back in the day. I’m sure it would do well globally.

#18527 31 days ago

Schwarzenegger is a superstar in europe.

Predator is very very popular in europe.

So a Predator pin will sell like gold in europe

#18528 31 days ago

The Knapp Arcade article states that Cato and Roger have not been "involved in any decision-making at Pinball Brothers since January 2022". That timeline matches up with this forum where Cato was once regularly mentioned as very helpful. Cato was first referenced by name in post #702 and he was last mentioned (before the current news broke) in post #11374 where someone was asking if he stills helps with customer service.

That was over a year and 7,000 posts ago. Since then, PB has maintained its good reputation for support and even moved Alien forward with the addition of Ripley content.

It seems premature to fear the sky is falling since they haven't been involved in about two years. The only difference is now we know about it.

However, I agree that transparency from PB is lacking. This is PB's opportunity to sell their vision going forward.

As for ABBA (and all pinball machines), execution will be key. People were bemoaning Elton John as a theme, but now it is being praised as one of the best ever (I've never played, so I have no opinion). As others have mentioned, ABBA is big in Europe, so they may be targeting that market.

#18529 31 days ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

The Knapp Arcade article states that Cato and Roger have not been "involved in any decision-making at Pinball Brothers since January 2022". That timeline matches up with this forum where Cato was once regularly mentioned as very helpful. Cato was first referenced by name in post #702 and he was last mentioned (before the current news broke) in post #11374 where someone was asking if he stills helps with customer service.
That was over a year and 7,000 posts ago. Since then, PB has maintained its good reputation for support and even moved Alien forward with the addition of Ripley content.

Thank you for pointing that out, I hadn't realized it'd been that long since he was involved with early buyer issues!

#18530 31 days ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

It seems premature to fear the sky is falling since they haven't been involved in about two years. The only difference is now we know about it.
However, I agree that transparency from PB is lacking. This is PB's opportunity to sell their vision going forward.
As for ABBA (and all pinball machines), execution will be key. People were bemoaning Elton John as a theme, but now it is being praised as one of the best ever (I've never played, so I have no opinion). As others have mentioned, ABBA is big in Europe, so they may be targeting that market.

Well, it says they have not been involved since 2022, but thats the reason why they decided to stop their "support".. That sounds to me that "support" is funding..

That is not good.

#18531 31 days ago

I'd buy a Eurovision pin before an Abba pin....but that's just me....not that I'm ever buying a Eurovision pin....

#18532 31 days ago

The terrible license, employees and investors leaving does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about the longevity of this company.

#18533 31 days ago

So I know that dimples are a part of life, just curious if this is normal after less than 300 plays on a new RV. Of the 8 other pins I’ve owned, this is by far the most, compared to my others with 1k+ plays. They’re also wider/deeper than most. By the way, I love the game, just asking before people freak out and “school” me about dimples. And the mini beacon on the flasher kit is very cool

C11359D6-60EE-4425-9879-332BB2FA9EEE (resized).jpegC11359D6-60EE-4425-9879-332BB2FA9EEE (resized).jpegFEB62ADF-60AF-4D41-8ADC-729C95382A17 (resized).jpegFEB62ADF-60AF-4D41-8ADC-729C95382A17 (resized).jpeg4831DBF6-A950-44B9-92C9-5A9620949223 (resized).jpeg4831DBF6-A950-44B9-92C9-5A9620949223 (resized).jpegB12BA009-97AF-490D-89E0-F0F6EB66E2A8 (resized).jpegB12BA009-97AF-490D-89E0-F0F6EB66E2A8 (resized).jpegDCB0A623-5863-4E1C-B512-8965B23DB9D4 (resized).jpegDCB0A623-5863-4E1C-B512-8965B23DB9D4 (resized).jpeg
#18534 31 days ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

So I know that dimples are a part of life, just curious if this is normal after less than 300 plays on a new RV. Of the 8 other pins I’ve owned, this is by far the most, compared to my others with 1k+ plays. They’re also wider/deeper than most. By the way, I love the game, just asking before people freak out and “school” me about dimples. And the mini beacon on the flasher kit is very cool
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put a playfield protector down the first month I got my game. Now I don't have to worry about dimples or wear.

#18535 31 days ago

Could someone please post a picture of where the beacons plug in? I’ve got them installed on the backbox but there are mo instructions on where to plug them in. I assume I’m missing something obvious but I give up searching online for it. (New beacon kit on RV)

#18536 31 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I put a playfield protector down the first month I got my game. Now I don't have to worry about dimples or wear.

43D1E155-4750-486A-BA9C-554B63E08F82.gif43D1E155-4750-486A-BA9C-554B63E08F82.gif
#18537 31 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I notice more dimples on my Alien RV with 174 plays than I do on my Rick & Morty with 1767 plays. Apparently Spooky has particularly good playfields but I assume some of it is Alien just having more dark non busy art spaces that show more. Doesn’t really phase me either way as it doesn’t impact my gameplay and I’m not my grandma putting plastic on her couch.

#18538 31 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Could someone please post a picture of where the beacons plug in? I’ve got them installed on the backbox but there are mo instructions on where to plug them in. I assume I’m missing something obvious but I give up searching online for it. (New beacon kit on RV)

I don't have the actual beacon kit from PB, so I don't know what the electrical harness in the kit looks like. But I know that the beacons plug into and share an electrical harness with the shaker motor (not sure if you have the shaker).
That shaker / beacon harness plugs into the cabinet controller in the bottom of the cabinet.

#18539 31 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

This helped me

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/352#post-8012866

#18541 31 days ago
Quoted from Crispin:https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/alien-pinball-mini-jaw-mod
You can protect the edge of your magnet with the mini jaw mod that encases the magnet.[quoted image]

My Pingraffix mini-jaw just seems to cause problems. I love the look, but it doesn’t seem to want to let the magnet and rod retract fully back into the head. It’s like the piece is too wide for the gap. Anybody else experienced this?

#18542 31 days ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My Pingraffix mini-jaw just seems to cause problems. I love the look, but it doesn’t seem to want to let the magnet and rod retract fully back into the head. It’s like the piece is too wide for the gap. Anybody else experienced this?

Haven't seen that. Does the rod hang too low?(too much play) Do you have the mouth on correctly? I believe it has a top and bottom, but I don't know if it is different enough to make a difference. Or maybe do you have it sitting too far forward and the ball is not getting completely on the magnet and hanging too low?

#18543 31 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Haven't seen that. Does the rod hang too low?(too much play) Do you have the mouth on correctly? I believe it has a top and bottom, but I don't know if it is different enough to make a difference. Or maybe do you have it sitting too far forward and the ball is not getting completely on the magnet and hanging too low?

I’ve tried it both ways. Even without the ball on the magnet, it hangs and won’t retract all the way into the head fully. The mech works perfectly without the jaw. I just can’t seem to dial it in.

#18544 31 days ago

I've seen several standards that don't look anywhere as dimpled as that

#18545 31 days ago

Upon closer inspection, hot glue isn’t securing the mini-jaw to the shaft adequately. It is moving and hanging up. I got it in a better place, but the hot glue just won’t seem to hold it. Anyone tried E6000 or something a littler tackier? I’m going to have to try something else here.

#18546 31 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sorry for my immaturity, but until you get to “magnet” at the end of this sentence, this sounds very naughty

#18547 31 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I've seen several standards that don't look anywhere as dimpled as that

Maybe I’ve got a super limited “Moon Crater” edition

#18548 31 days ago

Mine looks like this as well at 250 plays. If only I wasn’t too lazy to initially have spent the few hours needed to have on a pf protector. At this point, thinking keep the lights low and hope it smooths out by 2k plays.

I will add, I have a pulp fiction next to it and can’t find a single dimple. It probably has 100-125 plays, but I saw these show up on Alien after a few dozen. Shame.

#18549 31 days ago

Just keep playing the dimples will level out and blend eventually. . Like Stranger Things.

#18550 31 days ago

Mini Beacon/Flasher kit installed, and I say it is another "must-have!" Very pleased!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/371?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.