b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10995 1 year ago

Got my SV. Luckily, I have been following this thread a little and I lifted the playfield to check connectors before turning it on. There were a number of connectors on the light boards there were no connected at all. I think most of them were for the stand up targets. No big deal as it was obvious where to plug them in. Once plugged in, machine powered up and almost all is well. I had one stand up target out, and it looks like it is an issue in the board under the playfied since the led works when plugged into to another connector. I submitted a ticket, and hopefully the support is as good as everyone has been saying it is.

Overall, this game is a lot of fun. No regrets so far.

#11024 1 year ago

I never go by the rating. I make the effort to go in and read the reviews. I am woefully behind on writing reviews for game I have owned. It's usually pretty obvious reading the reviews as to which are well thought out and which are emotionally driven.
I think (and hope) Alien will gain some popularity as more of them go out on location and the masses get a chance to play it.

#11045 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I was told by PB support to warm them with a hair dryer as it reactivates the adheasive...worked for a bit but then they peeled back up again so they sent me a new set. Since I have the Apron mod I will just stick the new ones in the cash box.

I have the same issue. I was just going to drop down some additional adhesive as well.

#11072 1 year ago

Anyone here get the hypersleep chamber mod from mezel? If so, did anyone have difficulties getting to it fit correctly? I normally have no issues, but this one doesn't seem to fit when placed according to the instructions.

#11151 1 year ago

Anyone on 3.0 having issues with the hypersleep ball lock not ejecting ball at end of game?

#11171 1 year ago

My opto was misaligned. Needed a little adjustment. All is fixed now.

#11219 1 year ago

Ok, whoever made those 3D printed flipper button tensioners, THANK YOU. I installed clear spring-less flipper buttons to all my pins that I light up with leds. They felt soft, until I added the tension mod. Now they feel like all my other pins. PERFECT! Highly recommended.

#11235 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think my point was more around if you compare them to games from 20 years earlier, they are made cheap today. I was also looking at it more from an aspect of things break easily on newer games because of it. The PC parts in this game seem to be problematic (especially the outbox). The flippers it comes with are easily some of the cheapest on the market, and I thought R&M flippers felt cheap, these are worse. I think the PF is great (yes it does dimple...just something we have to live with). Some of the design decisions on this game are also leveraged on their cheapness rather than longevity, like the target switches. Also, the Xeno tongue should have had a complete redesign, and honestly..it would be awesome if someone came up with a completely new rebuilt mod for it. The boards under the pf are also of concern, although I have not had any issues with them yet. At the end of the day though, I think most of the issues on this game are software/board revision issues, and at some point this will all get hashed out, and anyone who's game isn't functioning properly will get fixed because they are good at support.
I agree, all the under the pf sensors are awesome and not really seen elsewhere.
But even with those thoughts, I love the game. I will say though, my opinion is skewed because I got in before they raised the price.

Other than the xeno not always catching the ball (assume this can be tweaked to some extent in the code), it seems to work fine. The "only" redesign I can think of would have been to have to xeno switches recessed (ala AFM) so the ball would almost always be traveling slow enough to get caught by the magnet. Never worked with magnets, so it is just a guess.

1 week later
#11342 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Will Bally/Williams mirror blades fit? Looking at the ones from Tilt Graphics.

I put Stern mirror blades in mine. They fit nicely.

1 month later
#12568 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Sometimes my music stops playing, sound FX is working but music stopps.
Sometimes the red arrows for the jackpots are not lit.
anyone else?

once, the music stopped. came back either at next ball or end of game.

3 weeks later
#12889 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

OK...Start your grinnin' and drop your linnen...This was the epic mod I was referring to, and thought I'd let the door open Got this version 1.0 done today..now just need to find 5v to power these inside the game (any input on that would be great!)...powered by an ardrino nano. and micro servos.

I attached a dc buck converter to the 12 power supply in the cabinet. I use it to power my 5V mods. I prefer not to pull any power from any of the boards if possible.

1 month later
#13474 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This game dimples, and it shows.

I wonder if it shows more because of the greater percentage of solid black on the pf? I never pay much attention to it because it happens on all of my pins.

2 weeks later
#13634 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm going to integrate a couple of those into the Mezelmods I just bought. Their designs are amazing and add a lot to the game, but I found the lack of game integration lacking a bit. I want the Hypersleep chamber mod to light up only when that lock is qualified, and make some changes to the backboard lighting and integrate that in with the GI.
It also drives me crazy there's no spotlight on the Xenomorph when it grabs the ball!

My pet-peeve are any lighting that is "always on". I tie all mine,include the hypersleep mezel mod to the GI, so when the GI goes dark, so does the mod.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13638 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How did you integrate with the GI? I'm not that familar with the wiring on this game yet. What I'd really like to do is keep the main pod thing lit with the GI, and the hypersleep chamber itself tied to the insert. I think I may have to open up the mod, which may be messy... but I think that would be ideal.

I prefer "standalone" mods that don't run the risk of frying boards. I used a photoresister as a trigger input to the logic level mosfet. I connected a pot from the gate to ground so I could adjust the trigger level (RGB leds are not as bright as cool-white leds). Just a simple light-detection switch. You could do the same from the insert for the sleep chamber.
It's a common switching circuit I use in a lot of my pins for GI or insert triggered mods.

1 week later
#13732 1 year ago

My version of beacon mod by Zablon . My version uses a light detector circuit with a bs170 mosfet. Sensitivity adjustment with 100K pot. Probably work with a pot between 20-100K. I initially used a 10K and it still lets enough voltage to barely activate the beacons.

#13746 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did you use LED's as light sensors, because I do not understand how this works at all? Or did you use a photoresistor? (either way, I still don't understand how you use normal LED bulbs as sensors. )

Edit: Interesting....[quoted image]

I used a photoresistor connected to the gate of the mosfet and ground. I connected the pot to +5v and the gate of the mosfet. Photoresistor was mounted over the green opto led on the board. The beacons were connected to +5v and the ground for the beacons was connected to the Drain pin on the mosfet. The Sink pin on the mosfet is connected to ground.
This sets the mosfet to activate when the opto led is off (a ball in in the airlock scoop). Once the led comes back on, the mosfet turns off which turns off the beacons.

2 months later
#14232 10 months ago

This is a first for me in pinball. Two wireform welds snapped while playing. Home use game less than a year old.
Tech support told me to "glue it" back together. Sigh...

Anyone else have this happen to their wireform ramps?

2023-06-21 08.44.53 (resized).jpg2023-06-21 08.44.53 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#14432 8 months ago

Newer players don't always know when the weapons are ready, so I built this mod that light and moves a sentry gun back and forth whenever there is a weapon ready.
This one is a servo motor, led light tube, and a 3d printed sentry gun. I connected it to an ATTiny85 microcontroller.

2023-07-30 11.25.41 (resized).jpg2023-07-30 11.25.41 (resized).jpg
#14434 8 months ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Woah! Awesome! I genuinely dont know which I want more now - the mini beacons or this awesome unit! Are you planning on selling a kit?

Both.

I could probably make a board that would house both mods. They are not complicated. The problem is power. A lot of mods use the USB ports for power, and I try to never use power from any of the boards. I use a separate supply for safety, and portability.

#14437 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I believe he's got the beacons set up like I set them up. It's simple, and can be done without even a chip or coding.

Yes, that was one of the easier mods to do. Using the LED under the pf was brilliant.

#14438 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I love this idea. What are you using as triggers? The weapon leds? I already have the sentries working, and hadn't figured out how to implement them. Would just require a small code change.
Currently mine scan slowly back and forth until a trigger (which I hadn't figured out what to trigger on) and then they make sudden aiming movements randomly. But your idea I think works better.

The "launch button" blinks when weapons are active. I tie into this led as the trigger. If weapons are available, the mod will be moving.

1 month later
#14795 7 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes that file and some imagination. Hope to see some awesome hypersleep chambers.

You definitely used some creativity on yours. Very nice. The model is plain and definitely needs some bling.

1 month later
#16144 5 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Right away the cabinet on the Heighway version turned me off as I never realized how OCD I was until I sold off my Pin2ks (SWE1 and RFM), rearranged my lineup and every time I walked into the room my Stargate stood out next to the rest of my Stern/Bally/Williams games. Sold SG and miss it.

That's not OCD...it's just being "high maintenance". OCD is a completely different monster. You do not want to be afflicted with actual OCD. Every time I help my husband rearrange the line-up because he wants particular groupings, I tell him, no worries, it is just "high maintenance" therapy. He grumbles, and agrees. lol

2 weeks later
#16447 4 months ago

If your wireform breaks, order a replacements for both as the other will likely break.

#16451 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just feel these shouldn't be breaking so easily in the first place.

I'm not too surprised since these are definitely not heavy duty wireforms (far from it). The tiny welds break.

3 months later
#18516 28 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually Queen is too, but the game just did not look appealing.
Abba might do well in EU...I don't think it will sell well in the US.

If it is anything like Queen, it is likely to flop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=personx99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.