b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3339 2 years ago

Ok, so I'm on track to pick up someone's pre-order tomorrow for the original price (Standard, delivering this month). I was feeling pretty good about it until reading a couple experiences with technical difficulties and playfield issues on Facebook. Are the issues overblown (like GnR)? How is the support from the Brothers?

1 week later
#3408 2 years ago

Melissa has been swamped. Her husband caught pneumonia with COVID (he's going to be ok) and she's short handed. I've been waiting for a week for her to swap a pre-order to my name so I can pay for another guy's down payment, but little response. We're going to have to be a bit patient.

#3476 2 years ago

I just bought someone's SE order spot, supposed to arrive within the next month or so. It's the first time I've bought a game without ever playing it. Hope it's a good replacement for Dialed In!

#3479 2 years ago

Are we going to be able to connect a shaker to the SV or are they going to purposely limit to the LV?

#3530 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone have any ETA communicated for Alien LV deliveries from Cointaker? I was provided a number in the 30's. Just trying to ball park it and don't want to bother Melissa and Cointaker unnecessarily. Thanks

I'd guess LV's are a ways off. I took over an SV that was supposed to be delivered in August but is now supposed to be the beginning to middle of November.

#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You could just reply to the invoice email and ask ETA estimate.

I was told by her on the phone last week that the next shipment was delayed from August but should be received within a month.

#3574 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty sure #Delt31 even provided a link to make your own for $15 in post #645. He does know his Alien stuff.

delt31 when you figure it out, please post a how to on connecting them.

#3586 2 years ago

Watching some streams, I'm pretty sure I'm going to Pinstadium this thing. I put them in my Elvira at 20% strength and it made a good difference in being able to see the ball and artwork without taking away the creepiness factor; I'm thinking the same will work here. Has anyone used them in this game yet?

#3639 2 years ago

Is it true that Heighway had the rights to use Ripley but purposely left her out? If this were true, could PB put her in?

#3641 2 years ago

Nm, found it in the Heighway thread. They couldn't get a thing past her agent. Makes sense why she's not in the Ghostbusters pin too.

#3644 2 years ago

On the Heighway thread, people have been modifying the sound package. Is that a possibility on this one too?

#3649 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The sound package on the game is uh-fricking-mazing I dont know why you'd want to change it

Just to add the obligatory "get away from her you bitch" and some Newt lines really. They could have used some more Lance Henrickson lines too.

#3690 2 years ago

So are there any art blades for this game if you aren't an LV owner? I'm not seeing them on the pinblades sites.

#3711 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Given the state of pinball...probably.

Jesus, if that sells, I'm listing mine NIB and buying an LV.

#3783 2 years ago

Are the LV's sold out? Just curious.

#3825 2 years ago

I'm travelling during the Thanksgiving week. I'm probably the only one who wants it to come in AFTER. XD

1 week later
#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks for cleaning the glass!
Game was on non stop from Thursday 1pm until sometime after 1am last night.
Expo ended today at 2pm. When I went down in the morning the machine was turned off. Been on 24 hours a day since Thursday and people were playing until 4am Thursday night and Friday night.
When I powered it up I found a ball stuck up by the right upper flipper. First time during the whole show.
I did a switch test to see if any switches needed adjustment and I Found 3 stand up targets by the ramps not activating and they are all on the same node board. Played with the cable but no luck.
Decided to pull the balls and leave on for looks today.
Show was only 10am-2pm anyway.
Ran like a champ up until this morning.
[quoted image]

Thanks again for bringing it. It's the first game I've bought without playing first and now I have no regrets.

#3981 2 years ago

I just want it by the end of the month or first week in December. Looks like I don't have to worry about it being delivered while I'm gone for Thanksgiving though.

#4023 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Lol..Never seen this commercial before..

Now that we know how her agent works, they must have paid super high dollar for that commercial.

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

It cleared customs yesterday FYI. So it's possible that they actually are en route to cointaker as we speak. I do think Thanksgiving Alien isn't happening which sucks, but oh well. Prolly the week after we will see them!

Still works best for me, I'm travelling for Thanksgiving. I was worried about it sitting at a warehouse or worse, the curb like some people have had happen to them.

1 week later
#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Received shipment notification from Cointaker. Looks like all these machines are finally en route to our homes.

I haven't gotten anything yet.

#4163 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm in the next shipment as well. :/ I was hoping to have it for a pinball party in two weekends, but I guess not.

#4165 2 years ago

Now I'm hoping I'll get it before I leave for Christmas vacation!

#4171 2 years ago

I haven't received an invoice after the initial down payment yet. 093062. A lot of people with numbers higher than mine are getting them first, so I don't understand the system.

Does anyone have info on the next boat yet?

#4221 2 years ago

My order number is the lowest anyone has posted and I haven't even gotten the full bill yet. :/

#4347 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Same thing on mine.. cato emailed me lsat night on it.. yep it's intentional.. I think it may be an LV feature who knows.

To lock lights that are already on the playfield for a higher model doesn't make sense though.

#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from Opivy:

Has anyone heard from Melissa this week? I emailed on Sunday and haven't gotten a reply (paid invoice ending in 128)

Still haven't even gotten my invoice to pay in full.

#4448 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Melissa is on holiday this week

The current one or next week? (it's Friday)

#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have decided to make these available for sale. $65 shipped within North America, +extra shipping over seas. Please message me if interested. Thanks
[quoted image]

I'll make an order as soon as I have the machine in hand.

#4521 2 years ago

I sent her an email since I'm going to be gone for a couple weeks for Christmas. No games have come in yet.

2 weeks later
#4957 2 years ago

Just a heads up, if you buy someone's spot Melissa sticks you in the back of the line. I bought someone's order from last January and she told me she's counting it as an October order (when it was transferred). Don't buy spots thinking you're getting their place in line.

#5024 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep I’m losing faith. Sold a game from my location to make space for Alien when I was told it was coming…two months ago. Getting pretty pissed about it at this point.

Agreed. The guy I bought my spot from gave up after placing his order last January. When I bought the spot, Melissa told me October, then November, then December. Then she told me she stuck me in the back of the line despite the 'spot' that I bought being made a year ago. I'm pissed.
Invoice #093062

1 week later
#5248 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Thanks for the great feedback and comments.
I knew my Stranger things concept of the two layers would work here and to see it come to life with help from a friend is amazing. Initially inspired by Scared Stiff!
So to be clear I am happy to make the panels up for people and post around the globe. The translite has two panels, Apron and Coin door are just singles.
Coin door I can supply add on led part but you will need to splice into chute lights. So panel or panel and led.
Apron is just a panel very lightly held on with low tack double sided tape in a couple of spots. You could do a beautiful back-lit version but it would mean cutting the apron which I don't want to do myself. I am also working on a screen modded Apron to replicate the main screen but cannot guarantee this will come to life or be available anytime soon. I'm still testing and may just do a one off for myself.
Translite requires you to fit led strips and a small frame for the rear panel, all of those bits a readily available and cheap off ebay etc.
I don't have time to make plug and play kits with all parts, but will send notes with the panels on how I did it on my machine. You may even have a better way yourself. I'm really busy finishing my Jaws retheme and custom Afm build.
So to summarise, happy to supply Translite, Apron, Coin door panels and led setup with Coin door.
I am unsure on postage costs but am looking at it tomorrow. PayPal as friend will be payment method.
To keep it simple for me, please email me at kjspinball (at) gmail (dot) com so I can keep track of who wants one.
Thanks again for the kind words.
I'm not a mods supplier in general, just really enjoy tricking out my machine and happy to supply what I do to others.
cheers
Kurt
Ps, For the really adventurous, I am doing custom cab art art as well shortly and happy to supply it to anyone who wants it.
Also going to do a playfield backboard replacement, but that is a while off yet and still protyping options.

Please keep making these after the long wait for some of us to get our machines.

#5291 2 years ago

cpr9999

I missed it in the previous page too. $420AUD for the kit + $100AUD shipping + optional extra insurance. $370AUD if you only want the back box part. Install looks a little scary, but the results are going to be worth it. (I've never spliced power wires before.)

Someday when I get my game this will be great.

#5310 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Are you talking about your product or the Alien pins? If it’s the pins, what’s your source?

Pretty sure he's talking about his own personal experiences.

#5343 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This made me laugh. But not in a good way. Just another Monday wondering when my paid in full be there by thanksgiving SV will arrive.

Indeed. Now I know how the Elvira premium order people feel with the 40th editions rolling out before them.

1 week later
#5442 2 years ago

Still no word on my SV that was supposed to be here in November.

#5454 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I have to say not for pure gold i want to have melissas job.
Good luck to you all guys, hope you get all your games soon.
Poor melissa...

I would definitely feel for her had she not confirmed to me on the phone twice that when she sold me a spot from a guy who had given up from his order from January 2021 that I was taking his spot in line, that my game was in the next boat, then tell me she stuck me in the back of the line and counted it as a new order. That's just unprofessional. What am I going to do? Give it up completely or wait it out? She knows I don't have many choices.

#5460 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I wouldn't mind the wait if I hadn't been told it would be here in two weeks back in October so I sold a game from my location to make space for it.

I did the same. Sold my Dialed In thinking it was coming within a month.

#5558 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

From our understanding these are not sitting on the ocean, but are sitting in a container at a warehouse that will then transport them to us...we've been told 3 times of delivery dates but never received yet. I am airfreighting a few games over now as well, so that might be the route that we need to take since it's taking forever via sea. I do know rates are slowly dropping for airfreight.

Since you are monitoring the thread, how about answering MY situation? I've talked about it at least twice on here. I was told on the phone that I was transferring the order from a guy who bought in January of last year. He'd given up, but I was taking his place in line. When inquired about why people with much higher invoice numbers than mine had already gotten their games last month, I was told I was being treated as a NEW October order despite what I was told on the phone when I took the spot. How is this acceptable?

#5560 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

People are getting ancy on the translites as well.
I made 10 total and as stated shipping in normal conditions via Australia Post is 2-3weeks. Post Office said allow possible extra time due to lack.of flights etc.
Some people have received them in the first and second small batch already in the USA, and Eu guys have theirs. I have no idea how they alloIcate the flights etc.
No other shipping options are available from me sorry...I do not have DHL, fedex etc accounts, plus the costs would be astronomical.
Please be patient, they are all tracked.
Thankyou
Kurt

I got mine! Perfect condition, thank you!

#5566 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

I will try to update on this forum more frequently with what is coming from PB and the factory in Italy.
Just received this email at 12:35 today that due to Covid hitting the factory, and it taking more time to build the LV's the first batch of LV's are delayed for a little, checking pricing to get some of these airfreighted.
Here is there projected game builds/ship dates for the next 3 months...
30 games Feb 28th
30/42 games March 16th
42 games, April 20

I'm assuming you skipped my question while you check on it.

Clarification, are all of these games listed on this schedule LV's or are some SV's in the mix?

#5572 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I was in contact with Melissa today regarding my Alien SV and another pinball machine on order from CT.
I told her that replying to this forum was a good move and that many people are concerned and upset. Me included!
I asked her to keep updating us and communicating at the very least on this forum. People want information and have that right.
I hope she keeps responding and it continues!

I'm still not getting a response...

3 weeks later
#6026 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Finally got this done. I will say, I am annoyed that none of the LED strips I try keep the fade program after powering down. They will keep the color, but not the program.
What I would REALLY like to do is have another set of bright white or red in front that flash quick based on either sound or certain triggers.[quoted image]

Might explain your issue to the guy who makes LitFrames. His keep the program you choose after losing power.

#6054 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm working on one at the moment, just need the right panel to finish it. All other components ready.
Main screen is more difficult than the airlock screen. Will keep everyone posted. Going to incorporate it with my apron overlay panel art. Its a while off yet.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just want one that plays cool scenes from the movies.

1 week later
#6246 2 years ago

Paid in full 3 weeks ago, no other info. Hopefully soon.

I might need Red_Devils to come over and help me with setup too.

#6266 2 years ago

Melissa says that a shipment just cleared customs and they will be shipping them out next week after TPF (SV's)

#6273 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I asked my driver if he was going to deliver to the garage or the curb, and he kinda let out a long "Well eh....." and I cut him off and offered the $20, which quickly turned it into a "Yea, we can get it to your garage." For me its like you said, $20 is really nothing in the grand scheme of things. With today's inflation $20, is the $5 of yesteryears. Plus it feels like some weird karmic payoff to the universe to throw a tip at the guy delivering you something that serves no purpose but to bring you joy. We're all very fortunate to live in a world that allows us such luxuries as pinball.

Asked a driver about this once and he said it's a liability thing. It's a separate insurance policy for the company if they hit your garage door or something.
That said, yeah, I bet a $20 bill will get it into your garage. For me, 5 feet away from it was good enough.

#6490 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Damn. I have an LV coming, but I already purchased one of these from you. I would love to see how it looks and might have to sell the one you sent me if I like it well enough. I didn't think you were doing a Queen version.

It would sell pretty quick if you list the one you have I'm sure.

#6513 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the folks at TPF - how did the aliens perform there under so much constant use? Especially the LV?

They were all down at one point or another, but if you came back in about an hour it was fixed. Cato was on hand.

#6517 2 years ago

Double checked with my wife, and yeah, the left LV had the hood up once and was shut down for about an hour twice. The left SV once. I was wrong about the right two games though. We had a conversation watching them while they were down, that's why we remember. She's been worried about their reliability. I compared it to her JJP Pirates and that they were holding up better than that machine would.

I'd also like to add that I noticed zero flipper power fade.

#6531 2 years ago

I was told at TPF that mine is shipping THIS week. It's now Thursday, still fingers crossed.

#6539 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Heard the same thing. But thinking more like before the end of April…:/

I really hope not. I'm tired of telling my guests "sorry, yet ANOTHER 'miscommunication'."

#6556 2 years ago

Indeed. Also eagerly awaiting info. Already scheduled the party with my friends. Does she let you know through email or phone?

1 week later
#6894 2 years ago

Anyone have any word on when the next boat to the US is due? According to Melissa, this boat was supposed to have some SV's in it but only had LV's.

#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Stepping into her spacesuit must be in the attract mode.

Awesome actress, but I never saw her sex appeal.

#7029 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

How many Alien LV's have been delivered thus far ? What's the time line expectancy of the first few hundred games or for them to finish the 1000 run ? How many can they crank out per week / month ? I can't wait for my LV, just curious how long it will be for me and others to get their game. I'm hoping sometime before the end of the year. CoinTakers website does show "Delivery 2022", but who knows.
I see #25 hit pinside market place already. $14,500.

NIB flippers are ruining the market.

1 week later
#7260 1 year ago
Quoted from robd222:

I like how it looks purple at a certain angle. I had a wrap on my old bike just like that, it did the same when the light hit it. I think I like yours better than what's coming on my lv.
Hi everyone, I've been lurking in the thread. I just paid my final invoice today.still stoked for this one.
Just for reference...
I first emailed Melissa the day after Christmas 2020, paid the $1 in April 2021, then the $1k in October 2021 and my final invoice came on Monday.
Thanks in advance for everyone who has gone before me, I'm sure this thread is gonna be a valuable reference guide.

Did she give you an estimate as to when more SV's are coming?

#7324 1 year ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

The LV unboxing video:

My wife and I are visiting Copenhagen soon. Is that your personal collection or is it an arcade?

#7358 1 year ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

It is Retroarkaden.dk a private collection of machines open to the public every Thursday between 16.00-23.00.

Thanks,

Damn, we'll be there from Friday to Monday. :/

#7435 1 year ago

I'm going to open a ticket, but thought I'd post here here too. We have some LEDs out on the SV we got today, maybe more. Checked the wires we could see and they seem to be connected properly.

That we can see that don't work:
-Both stand ups on either side of the right ramp
-Stand up to the left of the scoop
-Dome lamp to the right of the Alien
-The entire front egg

Some of these above don't show up in the lamp test menu though. They are there, so are they just not coded?

From the individual lamp test (nothing lights up)
-7 gi subway
-141 gi left revive
-161 to 165 bottom jet 1-5

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7453 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

on the SV the small standup targets do not light up. (the inserts in front of them should at various times).
The Large standup targets do light up.
Eggs should be lit almost always.
I'm not clear what you mean by dome lamp by the alien?
If you have a bunch of inserts out on the right check that you have coils on the right side working. It's possible you have a blown fuse or a fuse cap that needs reseated.

Do we know why? The lights are there, they just aren't working.
I thought the LV and SV used the same software?

#7455 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The short spiteful answer is...they had to make the LV different somehow to justify the price bump because no one can just make a pinball machine anymore.

That's F'n lame. LV got art, lit blades, custom armor, shaker, and topper. We can't even get code to make what we already have work?

#7469 1 year ago

I've been watching LV videos and they don't seem to work there either. It might not be an LV feature after all.
Very odd that they would pay for and install lights without any function.

#7532 1 year ago

I got my SV this week. It's the best game I've bought in a while. I hated waiting, but I'd have waited another year if I needed to.

#7680 1 year ago

I've opened a ticket.

My trough is not kicking balls into the shooter lane and it goes into ball search. The coil test also does not fire the trough coil.
It's been intermittent and killed 2 Twitch streams. Hoping Cato can have me up and running for both a party at the end of the month and before a friend that wants to play it moves away.

#7689 1 year ago

Fixed the ball trough issue, it was just a loose wire on the power clip.

My Xenomorph magnet is only catching the ball for multiball start about half the time. When it catches, it catches hard and everything works great, but a solid hit to the targets and back misses the magnet pretty often. Are there adjustments for this? Normal flipper strength, 6.5' pitch.

#7693 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You shouldn't need to do that. With the newest targets, the brackets are angled so the targets face downward instead of straight on.
The issue isn't usually the bounce, it is the timing of the magnet. A hard shot is out of range before the magnet powers up. Upping the power might help, but I never noticed that it did. I think someone mentioned that another game had an opto in front of the target so it knew to activate the magnet. That is what is lacking on this game. I would assume at some point they can get the timing close enough to not miss. (but there are other issues with the magnet that seem to not be consistent across the board which makes fixing it harder)

Cato got back to me about it and said they are still trying to figure out how to make it more reliable. Oh well, I have an X-men with the Newton ball on Wolverine and it only catches about half the time too. Just a little more dramatic in Alien.

#7822 1 year ago

I've had issues where the ball won't launch until I reboot. That's software. It's not very often, but it does happen.

1 month later
#8500 1 year ago

Wanting to install KJS's translite this weekend, started preparing, ordered a light strip I was missing.
First, did you guys need to paint the wood panels black? Also, trying to conceptualize the wood mounting blocks in my mind, but can't get there.
Can someone show me a picture of their inside mount?

Thanks

#8505 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Welp, better find my paint. I'll hit up Hobby Lobby or Michael's and see what I can find for framing.

#8506 1 year ago

Can someone post a picture of how they tapped the light for the coin door mod?

20220714_181121 (resized).jpg20220714_181121 (resized).jpg
#8510 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Javagrind888 did ypu not get my install pics and instructions?
If not drop me a pm with your email address.
cheers Kurt

Yes sir, wasn't wanting to bother you when others had already successfully installed theirs. There were a few pictures, but the frame was all black and hard to see and nothing of the wires spliced. "Splice wires into coin slot lamp wires" I'm too much of an electricity noob to know what that means really. I'd get a couple of wire nuts and that's probably wrong.

#8511 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Here is a pic - plastic angle pieces (kindly provided by Kurt in the packaging) just dbl-sided taped to inside wall of the game. I use the top angle but it really just baffled the light.
If you are adding light mods you should add a 12v power supply so you can run apron, backglass, other lights should you so desire

I'm going to run the LED's with regular power cord to the outlet, separate power supply. I'd rather not run the apron all the way out of the machine this way though.
I didn't get the plastic angle pieces, but I think I can see what kind of wood I can buy to make this work. Thanks for your picture.

#8578 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone install mirrored game blades on an Alien SV? If so where was your source?
Thanks

I got them from Cointaker. I think it was the Bally/Williams fit.

1 month later
#9313 1 year ago

I've only had minor problems, but I'll also add that PB's support has been top notch. JJP's support used to be this good until they fired Butch, now it's pretty sad. I've never needed support with a Stern game, so I don't know how theirs compares.

#9348 1 year ago

Hopefully a resin printer too. What are the dimensions?

#9377 1 year ago

My game is working flawlessly at 2.4. Each update there are new issues posted and I'm just holding off until that stops.

1 week later
#9592 1 year ago

I'll never understand why some games get flipper fade and others don't when it's the same game. I've only needed a cooling kit on my GnR. Godzilla, Alien, Avengers...I've had 8 hour parties with the games going pretty much non stop and little to no fade on any of them. On the 7th to 8th hour I'll get a little bit on Iron Maiden.

#9714 1 year ago

We'll be streaming Alien tomorrow night at 8:00 central with Robert Byers from Top Rope Pinball. Come hang out.
twitch.tv/justplaypinball

#9716 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Since the replacement plastics are not available, i needed to make one to replace the hypersleep elevator one i broke.
Mageeks hypersleep chamber with Red Fire leds on custom plastics... not too shabby at all.

Whoa there. There aren't any replacement plastics?

#9809 1 year ago

What flipper spring does this use? I've had all three of them break multiple times and each time it increases the tension when I move it up. Now it's affecting flipper strength.

#9868 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Greetings Aliens!
So riddle me this... Melissa at Cointaker has just emailed me to let me know my LV 'just left port' and I will be invoiced this weekend.
So how long of a wait am I in for?
'52 days till Halloween... Halloween. 52 days till Halloween. Silver Shamrock.'

Should only be a couple of weeks mah dude!

1 week later
#10083 1 year ago

My wife is really wanting one open egg from the LV to have one that's different in the SV. Willing to pay a reasonable price for one open egg (or pay to swap). The after market ones don't look like the same color.

#10086 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

aftermarket open eggs from backalley creations are exact color match.. well at least mine was.

Good to know. The ones we saw at TPF were obviously not the right color, so maybe they changed something.

#10094 1 year ago

Upgrading from an SV to an LV and listed it in case anyone here wants to jump the line. (and is fairly local)

1 week later
#10221 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Tilt Bob - anyone update there's or know how to adjust? Seems like a different style than what I have on my other pins...it's also tilted coming towards the front legs - even though I thought I had my table leveled - is my only option to level against the tilt bob?

The ring is a very flimsy piece of metal. Just bend it back until it looks level to the floor.

1 week later
#10329 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

The smaller targets do not have programming and should be left disconnected. The larger targets should be lit.

I'm really wondering when they are going to fix this (hopefully not IF). How hard is it to add a few lights to the code?

#10375 1 year ago

They still didn't add the missing lights. :/

#10377 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

They did... it is not in the change log.

Ohhh, that should definitely be in the log. That's huge.

3 months later
#12618 1 year ago

I'm on 2.8 and never touched updated because everything worked great. Today the big screen went blank and doesn't come back on. Power cycled 4 times, the screen works during boot up, game will start, but no video. Any ideas what I should check?

Update: after leaving it off for a half hour it fixed itself. Is this an update issue?

2 weeks later
#12899 1 year ago

New issue today. Ran the firmware update, then the software update. Played a two player game but noticed that the start button wasn't working for the guns. Realized the button connector was loose, plugged it back in no problem. However, the game won't start anymore and the start button light does not come on. Weird thing is, both the switch and the light work while in test mode. Any ideas? Tried restarting twice.

#12901 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

New issue today. Ran the firmware update, then the software update. Played a two player game but noticed that the start button wasn't working for the guns. Realized the button connector was loose, plugged it back in no problem. However, the game won't start anymore and the start button light does not come on. Weird thing is, both the switch and the light work while in test mode. Any ideas? Tried restarting twice.

And now my intermittent monitor issue has come back too (the reason I installed the updates)

#12909 1 year ago

If you mean make sure it's on free play, I double checked it and it is.

#12916 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I had the game boot with a black screen 3 times in a row today. I haven't kept up with this thread but is a code update in the works to resolve this?

That's what PB told me.

#12925 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

New code update today... My machine is working flawless, so no updates for me yet. (knock wood)

Seems to be the same as the beta they gave me two days ago. I'll just leave it then.

#13006 1 year ago

I had an SV with an April build date and then bought my friend's LV with a May/June build date. The LV just shoots better, felt more dialed in from the beginning. I didn't mention this because I thought I was crazy, but people kept saying the same thing to me. I love this game and if the LV is 100%, then the SV was maybe 80% with topper and light blades considered. SV with Pinstadiums would have been just fine for me really, but LV definitely feels like a step up even just from the way it feels when shooting it.

#13020 1 year ago

The hand has cool potential. The tail still looks off IMHO.

#13056 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I've heard that pinball brothers license for alien is up in June, with no plans on renewing. So if anyone is on the fence on SV or LV pick them up now. I think this game is gonna be hard to get in any model a year from now.

Who they are as a company will be shown in support when they stop making them. Loving Alien, but Queen isn't selling. Hope they thrive beyond the Heighway designs.

2 months later
#14016 11 months ago

Just broke a sling plastic (first on any game, ever). Is PBB selling them? What's a quality plastic protector set for ALIEN?

Thanks

4 months later
#15044 6 months ago

I swear, if they don't give us who've already bought in the new code and movie scenes I'll never buy from PB again.....

#15051 6 months ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

The new Alien code will be available as an update of all Alien machines for free. That's a big win for all owners.
Jason

Thanks Knapp!

#15062 6 months ago

I equate it to Batman 66 getting a Catwoman edition after. Same game, same code, different artwork. As long as the code is the same, I'm good. The price on this is probably going to be really high as well.

#15180 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Curious question, does the top image look better mounted closer to the back or the front of the backbox?

It's about 1/3 back from the front translite.

#15209 6 months ago

It's an SV with upgraded art and models. LV owners shouldn't be upset at all, but it's a better SV for a bit more after shipping. Original SV was $7777 shipped wasn't it?

1 week later
#15928 5 months ago

I'll add into the topper conversation. Everyone knows these toppers are at least 4-5 times what they should cost. I'm noticing that as the used market is dropping, toppers aren't adding much value at all to the games. I'm betting at some point they will have to drop in price to what they used to be a as very few want a $1000 topper you'll only get $300 back on.

1 month later
#16461 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

WELP..no code drop yet. Looking forward to next week, hope it lands then. Perhaps it wont land until the first Ripleys are distributors and on way out to customers?

PB told me end of next week on Facebook.

#16566 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Because physical knockers are awesome. I put them on my Spike Stern machines. They add to the experience, though others may not like them. No biggie.

Is there any point to a knocker other than earning a free play? Seems like a missed opportunity for more interaction.

#16569 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The possibilities are endless as long as they’re coded in. AP was great about this.
With Houdini, the knocker was a gun during the shooting mode. In Oktoberfest, the knocker was the gun when you shot ducks. In Sterns, the knocker goes off with a free game, jackpots or points. I’m coding a homebrew that will use the knocker during certain modes.
Again, it’s all in how you use it.

Sterns go off with jackpots? I haven't heard this. If so I'll have to grab a bunch. I always just turned off the horrible squelch noise.

3 months later
#18363 33 days ago

Quick story. I ordered the beacon kit, then ordered a sling plastic to replace my broken one. I was playing a game at TPF and one of the guys from Pinball Brothers approached me with my plastic and said "here you go, now you don't have to wait for it." I was stupid speechless. How did he recognize me or know who I was? They'd been watching when I stream Alien and recognized me. Holy hell, PB has been lurking in my stream. I'm really low numbers so it made me feel really good!

#18478 29 days ago

Pinball Brothers just posted that the two original "brothers" aren't backing the company anymore and pulling out their monetary support. Does anyone know what this means for the company and support for our games?

#18481 29 days ago

The next logical step would have obviously been Predator.

#18484 29 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Has anyone gotten the upgraded Xeno sculpt? I know its on the RV already of course.
Just looking for feedback on how it looks and install process.

I've seen it in person. I like the regular one better personally.

#18488 29 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

they gonna sell a ton of these in europe... saves on shipping too.

That's what I keep hearing, that ABBA is huge in Europe. It really does look Eurovision, I hope it works out for them.

#18493 29 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Man, they have bad taste in music over there lol.

I looked up their top songs and was surprised how many I actually knew. Disco is way too old for my age group, but I know them. Dancing Queen, Fernando, Mamma Mia, Voulez Vous, Gimme Gimme Gimme, Take a Chance on Me....I didn't even go through it all. Hell, they might even be the majority of my disco knowledge.

#18498 29 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

But who likes disco these days?? lol.
Even more so, who likes it so much to buy a $10k+ toy?

I felt the same about the Beatles, but there are buyers 15+ years older than me who love that stuff.

#18519 28 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Alien and Queen were both inherited weren't they? I assume Queen was already past the design phase? That's not the case with ABBA? Is this PB's first official they did it themselves game?

That's the whole of it.

#18520 28 days ago

At least their media guy agrees Predator would be cool.

Screenshot_20240327_093813 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240327_093813 (resized).jpg
#18522 28 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think PB needs to come out with some sort of Press Release explaining the changes being done internally. Im sure that would make its fan base more comfortable.

They've been posting staff highlights on their Facebook page.

#18553 27 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

Mini Beacon/Flasher kit installed, and I say it is another "must-have!" Very pleased!

Argh, can't wait to get mine.

2 weeks later
#18695 12 days ago

Good to know the beacons are shipping out. I got my Colywobbles kit from him at TPF but haven't installed because I'm waiting on the beacons to do at the same time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.