20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider precisionk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5209 2 years ago

Is the SV wait similar to the LV estimated wait (1 yearish?) This is what is holding me back from making a pre-order(that and potentially having to even wait longer once someone does pay).

1 month later
#6027 2 years ago

This making its way to TPF and perhaps even for sale?

1 week later
#6237 2 years ago

If you get the SV, can you add in beacons after the fact?

#6315 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Sold....your too late...lol

Hello fellow eastside bro, we may just become best friends!

#6323 2 years ago

I may see you there! May pickup a demo unit from CT. Just have to figure out if I want to go so or lv?

#6324 2 years ago

For sure.....
Wanna meet up at TPF??? if so I am wearing a black Alien metal baseball cap.

I may see you there! Currently going back and forth on a sv or lv. Unsure yet.

#6327 2 years ago

I got a new VISA and ready to burn it dry....cmon TPF....been 3 years....WOOHOOOO>

I looks like they have 3....one lv and 2 SV....better hurry.

You went LV right? Did you ever get to try the sv to compare?

#6330 2 years ago

Oh yes.....We played it in Houston.

thoughts?

#6366 2 years ago

I am an official owner of a LV!

20220325_180841 (resized).jpg20220325_180841 (resized).jpg
#6368 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Did you play it!!

Please somebody at the show ask them why they do not use eos at the flippers

Yes I did! Definitely different flippers. It was the first thing I immediately notice. Softer per say? Squishy perhaps? Comparing to my SW Premium, which is pretty snappy on the flip. I didn't get to see the the xeno snatch up the ball. Ramps on the left are difficult at time to get up, but I admit I am just a filthy casual when it comes to playing. The field is MUCH brighter on the LV compared to SV. LED side lighting is cool.

#6373 2 years ago

I will go back and try the others just to see how the flippers feel if any difference.

#6377 2 years ago

By the way, rumor has it an apron similar to the HP one will be a future potential add on..

#6384 2 years ago

Guys at the CT booth said the PB guys are there(didn't get to meet them), so if people at the show have questions technical or otherwise, have an opportunity to ask them directly.

#6385 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I got to meet Cato last night at TPF during the Big Smoke. He was sitting w/ Steve Ritchie most of the evening and I didn’t want to disturb, but did grab him later on while things were wrapping up. He remembered me from my issues with one of the earliest games delivered.
He mentioned that support cases have gone way down which is great to hear. Newer delivered machines generally just have shipping related issues (loose wires, etc). The factory is able to handle support cases as well now, instead of everything going through him.
LV is all sold out (not sure if that was well known - I’m not on this thread much anymore). No plans for a price hike.
I didn’t play the LV yet but will do so today. First impression is that I’m not sure how much I like the side lighting. It is hard to judge on a showroom floor but it almost seems too bright and you lose some of the creepy atmosphere.

I wonder if the leds has a setting for brightness? If so, should be able to help.

#6388 2 years ago

At the show, they had a sign showing pre-orders targetted for late 2021.

#6431 2 years ago

LV-013 reporting in. Got the floor model from TPF. Only issue is the backbox was damaged in the shipping. Cointaker/Cato mentioned they will be sending me a replacement LV backbox when in stock.

The sound on it is amazing and couldn't truly be enjoyed fully on the TPF floor. PB/Cato went over the top in and literally went through all the switches to ensure all things were solid and not loose after 3 days of playing. I do know that with the latest release of software is priming for the next firmware version as I asked about the frequency of the as my wife likes to put it "woo-woos" on top. Sounds like that will be improved hopefully.

Modded up the buttons thanks for the custom rod/button dude at TPF.

And now to what you have been waiting for -

20220327_192448 (resized).jpg20220327_192448 (resized).jpg20220327_192456 (resized).jpg20220327_192456 (resized).jpg20220327_192503 (resized).jpg20220327_192503 (resized).jpg
#6438 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So all the floor models were sold first come first serve?

When I bought which was 30 min after day 1 show opening, 1 LV sold already, 2 SV's and my LV remained.

#6456 2 years ago

The booting of the game is really the loudest I think I have ever heard. The initial calibration of the xeno is a surprise the first few times. Chatting with Cato, currently the Xeno is metal on metal gears which is why its loud. I guess early in the design, it was metal and plastic gears which stripped pretty quick.

#6458 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I would be very interested to know where the beacons wire into the game if you have it open at some point.

Red arrow on the left is its power connect, red arrow on the right shows its plugged into the pc behind the monitor.

plugin (resized).PNGplugin (resized).PNG
#6467 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Any LV owners who have received their games want to post some video of the game playing? Curious to see the lighted backboard and side art in action! And, well, just want to see more footage of the game in general

I will see what I can do this evening!

#6520 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the folks at TPF - how did the aliens perform there under so much constant use? Especially the LV?

I asked Cato when I was picking up my LV. Said some minor issues but nothing that wasn't fixable(loose switches). It was really their first time stress testing the LV and he seemed happy with the results. The LV is currently working well at home.

#6613 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

My game is stuck at 2.2, do you have Cato’s contact info?

Don't have direct email, had to make a ticket through PB, then things are usually assigned over to him.

#6620 2 years ago

Couple of bugs I have found which may not be bugs -

- Air lock modes - this is a drain monster and some modes have the ball save SDTM and some don't, their a rhyme or reason?
- Ambush - Feels like there should be a proper ending once you are down to one ball, every other mode has a "you failed", surprised they didn't put a scene or ending on this one as it feels the easiest to do
- Combat Drop - Apone when he yells at Hudson to get over here, no voice call out, he mouths it though

#6623 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

-The airlock should send the ball to the left flipper, if not try changing the coil strength, or tweaking the top of the scoop.
-Ambush is a multiball not a mode so it’s different.
-Does that happen all the time? I definitely hear that call out, but I have also seen it not audible, may have something to do with speach / audio priorities

I would say it happens all the time, LV, latest everything. Like you will see him say the first line, then it cuts to when he gets mad but no audio from that. Of course when it drains. It's the only scene I notice where the audio is off, but I haven't seen everything as I am terrible.

Will try to adjust the airlock because that thing magnets straight on down (which is why I thought the center post was installed by default).

#6629 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Any chance the no-audio with that line could be due to the Adult Content being set to NO/OFF, and the line containing the word “shit”?

I don't think so, because the line with the word shit does get said. Where Apone is supposed to say "Hudson, come here, come here", I believe is where the audio gets missed.

Funny enough, his line before, I wish they had in, here is the before that line -

apone (resized).PNGapone (resized).PNGapone2 (resized).PNGapone2 (resized).PNG
#6670 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

Im LV#10 and its my understanding that there was a small batch that were air freighted before TPF about 12 games, for some reason they did not ship the games in order , so I got skipped. I was told that there was another small batch air freighted and I should expect my game in about 10 days or so, based on number#7 getting notified , Im hoping that myself and a few others should be getting notified by fedex.
when I spoke to Melissa prior to the texas pinball festival she said that no freighters had left yet with LV's but should be leaving "very soon"
I was told about 35 or so LV's should be in the shipment

Adding to those with LV's on order, LV #12 and #13 were on hand for TPF(I have #13). So if the 35 is the ballpark #, one would assume LV's up to #48 will be in the next shipment. All guesses of course at this point.

#6697 2 years ago

Patch notes for 2.6!

Changed firmware update function so that if multiple updates are present on the USB device, only the latest will be installed. Filename is now irrelevant, as long it ends with .uf2.
Added firmware version to startup screen, once detected.
Fixed bug that could occur when game code could not connect to the controller board. Sometimes it did not attempt to retry the connection, which would require a reboot to continue.
Renumbered some LEDs to avoid conflict between the new backbox LEDs and the cabinet lamps/stepper motor. This fixes several issues, such as: launch button and coin door LEDs being stuck on and the stepper running during lamp test.
Fixed the "Set Location" action which was broken in 2.5.
Fixed coil commands from sometimes exceeding firmware power limits. This was usually observed when the center magnet would turn off too soon when its coil adjustment was set to pulse it stronger.
Fixed incorrect mapping/labeling of the lower/upper flipper switches on the LV.
Increased the priority of the Sentry Guns super jackpot lamp on the airlock over other multiballs. When Sentry Guns and another multiball are running together, the main arrows for the Sentry Guns shots will now blink more slowly, to help distinguish between the two.
Fixed some bugs with combo scoring. It now resets correctly after the combo sequence ends, and times out slightly faster.
Changed combo scoring to reward longer combo sequences more than shorter ones.
Fixed the double scoring insert not always blinking when 2X scoring was active.
Improved the All Out War ready lamp effect. It is now less likely to be preempted by another effect, and is much brighter.
Removed many settings from the "Modify Game" menu that didn't work properly.
Added more shaker motor calls.
Increased brightness of multiball jackpot arrows.

#6703 2 years ago

I can speak to the support I have received so far from PB. At the TPF, my LV's backbox was damage on shipping. They are sending new backbox, translite and a scoop as Cato also noted as I have of it draining SDTM instead of left flipper. Will have to do some transplanting from screen/backbox electric to the new box, but I have been satisfied so far. Will update as I get things.

#6779 2 years ago

Notes so far from 2.6 -

Shaker activating more frequently (weapon selection and at random times engaging the xeno shot)
Beacon lights staying on for longer(unknown about all the way through) during the Queen's nest mode.

#6807 2 years ago

What is Extra section under ball up on the screen? I see a little symbol there grayed out. What is that section for?

#6810 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You're asking about the line directly below "Ball Up"? That tells you how many Extra Balls you have collected.

Aww yes, if I got extra balls, I'd probably know about that by now

#6833 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image]

Hope it's a walkout, my back hurts looking at the pic.

#6854 2 years ago

I am happy to report that "Assholes and Elbows" line did make it in during the combat drop mode. Just no video going with the phrase!

1 week later
#7066 2 years ago

I am also waiting for Cato on the reply. Waiting on the shipment of backbox, translite and scoop replacement.

#7087 2 years ago

Question for the airlock scoop. How loose is yours? Mine since I had it always shoots SDTM. Got a video from the factory with trying to adjust but in the video and what mine is, there's has more given where mine has little.

#7090 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I've tried the adjustment Pinball Bro's recommends and after several attempts (man you have to have some gorilla strength I think hah)..it no longer goes STDM. 90% of the time if I hold the left flipper, it catches it. And sometimes, it actually ejects to the left most part of the flipper, but pretty rarely. i'm pretty good with that so have left it for now. I've been adjusting Counter-Clock-Wise.
It doesn't seem loose at all, pretty damn sturdy, but I was concerned about over bending it.

Did you do the twist method with the pliers or the screwdriver yank method to correct? I have been yanking on this thing, still STDM.

And if you have a picture of your airlock scoop, would be appreciated.

#7092 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Twist with pliers - Pic attached, has bit of 'Elvis' lip to the left lol
[quoted image]

Thanks for the link. Here is a snapshot the video from the factory sent to try to fix it. I also have the lip but still having issues.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7095 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Pliers worked for me - have you checked your machine's Right/Left leveling?

Yup leveling is good. With the pliers, using your photo, which direction are you twisting?

I am twisting the blue direction.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7097 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I was twisting counter clock wise - since the PB Support page it should be landing on the Left flipper (towards the left most part of it)

So the red direction per the picture above? And is thats same corner?

#7100 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

wait, they're telling you to make the scoop unlevel left to right? Usually when I hear people saying to bend the scoop, they're telling you to twist where it's aimed by rotating parallel to the playfield

Basically. Here are the instructions - https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000961821--how-to-adjust-airlock-scoop

I was given a video of what they are doing at the factory to fix and its different. Involves wedging a screwdriver and pushing left to redirect the scoop. I haven't had much luck with this method.

#7105 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Why not just loosen the screws below the playfield that hold the scoop, turn it a bit and then just fixing the screws again? No need to bend any metal I‘d say.

Tried this, the scope has about 4 different screws in the shape of a L. Didn't seem to make any difference.

#7108 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If you’re having trouble with your airlock launch, I recommend checking the plunger before bending anything. I posted this before, but it’s worth a repost I think.
I had a bump on the top of the plunger that caused the eject to change every 20 or so ejects. I sanded it flat and now it goes to the left flipper every time.
[quoted image]

Good call, checked it and its flat.

#7112 2 years ago

So kicking around ideas as to why the scoop would be off even after trying so many things. Would the coil have any play/anything to do with it?

#7118 1 year ago

Got a replacement scoop on the way. Will let everyone know how that goes. Will be checking the screw holes to see if the factory mounted it correctly.

#7134 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Just wanted post that my Alien is running great and I have no issues. Love this game! Cato is the man!

The Texas Alien contingent is strong on here.

#7157 1 year ago

I have my replacement backbox and translite coming on the next ship. A few days ago Cato said it would be leaving in about two weeks or so, for those wondering when the next ship is heading out.

#7160 1 year ago

So what is the purpose of this? Two plastic washers with with rings behind the egg. Block against airballs?

20220422_224629 (resized).jpg20220422_224629 (resized).jpg
#7168 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I'd guess it's to stop any airballs rolling down the plastic and getting caught up .between the Xeno and the egg. That said those posts with separate rubbers and the screw head on the plastic look like they could now hang up a ball - haven't heard of anyone experiencing any ball hangs in this area so most likely it's not an issue.
In looking at your pic, it looks like you have some minor chipping on the edge of the up-post hole as the up-post isn't flush with PF and needs adjusting - you might want to fix that

I am not seeing the chipping. Maybe just dust from the pic?

#7173 1 year ago

I will ask those to check screws at times on their games. One of my drop targets was hitting the new rubber I put in, when I went to go adjust, I noticed a screw was loose. As I go to tighten, the screw head pops off. You will note in the picture the screw head had glue. I believe it was sheared off and the factory just glued the head back on without fixing the issue.

20220424_142556 (resized).jpg20220424_142556 (resized).jpg20220424_142608 (resized).jpg20220424_142608 (resized).jpg

#7183 1 year ago

the board in that assembly also shows sign of being reworked, there is still flux around all soldering points (white stains). I think you got a 'spare' assembly put in there in place of a brand new one??

Could be, working with Cato on the issue. Back side of the board looks kind of nasty. This might be part of my drop target issue, currently testing. Here is a cap of both.

20220425_104539 (resized).jpg20220425_104539 (resized).jpg20220425_110922 (resized).jpg20220425_110922 (resized).jpg
#7186 1 year ago

I would certainly ask for a brand new drop target board is it was reworked, I would not accept a board from the seconds pile in a brand new game.
Your screw on the left needs to come up too to match the left (this is not an issue, just pointing it out - but I figure you know)

Yup and it certainly was the issue. For those with Drop target issues, ensure the coil stop is proper leveled. Once leveled, my flipper has not been knocking down drop targets by pressing the flipper button. This also made the coil plunger straight which is key if you have drop targets not stay straight up. I tested the theory that the coil board was too close for EM interference by rotating the board towards the drop mech and I can say that was NOT the issue.

#7191 1 year ago

Airlock scoop trip report - Got a new airlock scoop from PB. Issue was SDTM no matter the adjustment. Installed new scoop, its a bit better, at least hitting the tip of the left most flipper. The target for the scoop is armpit of the left flipper. I am wondering if the screw holes weren't exactly on target when drilled.

#7193 1 year ago

I presume the new scoop would need to be adjusted too…no?

Supposedly within the factory they tested/adjusted it from the scoop side before shipping.

#7233 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

These were the spots I noticed (which also show in the reflection on the ball guide) but not sure what they are. Just double check that your post is flush with the PF surface so that the ball can't catch the edge of the hole.
[quoted image]

Good looking out! It is flush but appreciate the keen eye, from that angle it does look goofy.

#7234 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks! yeah, I was afraid to check for the broken screw - but I may have to, lol. So I'm not quite sure what's going on, but the coil that drives the drop targets is very loose and rotates - is this ok?
Then, I think there is some kind of inconsistent spring grab happening - the "C" seems to have a different method of catching, or its catching the whole set of targets.
Any thoughts on what I need to tweak here?

and

Thanks

Just fixed this! Checked those bottom screws, make sure they are completely level. That one screw looks COMPLETELY angled. If angled, its possible the coil plunger is angeled and not firing off 100% straight, which would cause the issues you are having.

#7254 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks precisionk - to confirm are you referring to the Red, Blue or something else?[quoted image]

Yes!

They should be even steven.

1 week later
#7462 1 year ago

So never repaired a wireform rail? Any thoughts on how best to get this back in place? Soder?

20220510_131623 (resized).jpg20220510_131623 (resized).jpg
#7464 1 year ago

That unfortunately isn't an option.

#7466 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ticket, and have them send you a new one.

Yeah just added to the ticket.

So far on the LV, have replaced -

Drop Target Assembly
Subway Scoop Assembly

Adding - Wireform Rail replacement

#7468 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Have no fear, their support is amazing. They do go the distance to resolve.

Oh I definitely don't, they have shipped packages faster from Italy to me then I have received at Amazon at times. Its funny as I have always had troubles going up that scoope where I'd hit it with the left upper flipper right on in and it would bounce out. For all I know, its been like this awhile and I never noticed.

#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I just replaced the Xeno mech due to failing issue - after PB Brother support sent me a new one.
Went in pretty basic - needed to unmount the scope to get access to it, but anyway -
It seems to work fine, however - it's making this noise - almost like the motor/mechanism is struggling or getting stressed.
Does anyone else's Xeno mech make this noise? Should I be concerned? It goes away after it 'does its thing' during a multi ball etc, but it may be a prob down the road.
Not sure how audible it will be with glass on.

This is normal. Mine is this loud when the mech extends.

2 weeks later
#7817 1 year ago

Definitely some harsh bugs in the code. Have had game freezes on Find Jonesy, Ambush multiball reboots and general aliens reboot of game.

#7848 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I’ve had a couple of freezes and lock ups to on v2.6 where it rebooted. I guess they will squash these bugs as more updates come out. If there’s a way to send logs I’d be happy to do it to. Not looked into that yet.

Definitely. I have been reporting my bugs and feeding them to Cato for the issues I have ran into. I hope others are doing the same. Outside of the issues, machine works 95% of the time.

#7849 1 year ago

Also wireform right rail replacement report - Works good. I was questioned if there would be any issues as the brand new rail was bent with the left side much higher then the right. Comparing the old rail, both of these should be even. It works but I definitely would say QC in parts can be hit and miss. That seems to be a more common thing as others have received replacements that haven't worked as intended.

#7861 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Hey man. I put a deposit down a month ago for an LV. Not sure when to expect it. But it's people like you that I appreciate. Thanks for feeding them the bugs and problems!!
When did you get youra and could you send me a couple well lit photos of that beast??

No worries! Glad I can help anyone and hopefully my experiences/pitfalls at times can help others at least get them to where issues may occur.

I got my LV-013 at TPF. Probably one of more played LV's out there currently as before I got it into my home, it had around 500 plays at TPF. So some of my experiences can be attributed to a machine that has been broken in so to speak.

The only thing NOT fixed since purchasing is the backbox and translite. Both were damaged on delivery at TPF but I have replacements that were shipped on the May boat that I should sometime get in the next shipment(hopefully).
20220327_192448 (resized).jpg20220327_192448 (resized).jpg20220327_192456 (resized).jpg20220327_192456 (resized).jpg20220327_192503 (resized).jpg20220327_192503 (resized).jpg

#7862 1 year ago

Also to add I still get the bug from time to time of the screen going black when powering up the game.

What will happen -

- Game boots, you see the linux code on the backbox and the airlock screen
- Game never boots to blue service screen before going to attraction mode

It's a known PB issue and the current work around is to power off again and power back on to see if it boots normally. My record so far is I had to do it 6 times before being on.

#7866 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

I am brand new to the club and experience the exact same black screen upon boot completion as well. In each case, I have found that if I re-seat the HDMI connection in the backbox, the screen comes on without a need to reboot. This leads me to believe that this is an HDCP handshake issue. Has anyone suggested this as a potential culprit? A workaround for such an issue would be to put a cheap, $20 splitter in line between the HDMI output and the monitor that "accidentally" strips the HDCP copy protection from the output. I will test this in the next day or so and report back.

Looking forward to your test and results!

#7885 1 year ago
Quoted from drypaint:

There is a quick fix for this without powering off the machine, but you have to remove the backglass:
1.) Remove backglass
2.) Slightly unplug the HDMI cable on the far left under the monitor.
3.) Plug it right back in
The screen will come back on. I suggest not unplugging it too far, so you don't have to fumble to fing the hole again.
Andrea had me do this and it has works everytime.

Good to know. Problem is we shouldn't have to unplug and replug in to get it to work let alone powerdown/up. This makes me believe it is infact a handshake issue as someone alluded to.

#7889 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Hmm... I'm really curious why you need that box. If it is a problem with the hardware, why does it not boot to black screen for me? What triggers the issue? I haven't seen the issue in literally months and I thought some software update in the past fixed it. I wonder what is different?

It would be interesting to see if there are hardware revisions between SV and LV for the computer and the monitor. I am going to assume as in any factory, they grab out of a bin of parts and go from there. Perhaps it could be something as goofy as the firmware of the monitor being different between machines? Really hard to say. It would be cool if there was an option within settings to run a debug/code version file run to see what people have and firmware.

#7898 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

1) if you upgrade to 2.6 it says the software and formware version on the blue screen while booting up - is that what you mean?
2) I hate to sound like a broken record but - I often had the black-backbox-screen issue on 2.4 , hasnt happened to me at all on 2.6 in release notes it says they are making changes with each revision to address this issue - if you have it I would again suggest upgrading and seeing if that helps

I am on latest and greatest with 2.6 with my LV.

#7922 1 year ago

Another day, another game freeze. No ball search, just hit airlock scoop. Mode starts, timer doesn't move, ball doesn't eject from airlock.

Time goes down a little bit but hangs in the 25 second region. Eventually game mode ends, never does a ball search and ends ball. New ball starts but ball doesn't eject.

Can't get into service menu either during the freeze. Only way out is to reboot.

These random mode freezes are starting to become more frequent.

#7926 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This happens from time to time with mine too.
I've also noticed now that if I leave the game on for any length of time (1-3 hours just running in attract mode) it does sometimes lock up and requires a restart.

For whatever reason, first thing I thought of is an overheating issue. Wonder if the PC is not getting proper cooling?

1 week later
#7982 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

What are some good scoring strategies for this game? Seems like the only way for me to get high scores is if I get hyper sleep MB and sentry guns going

Really mission dependent outside of multiball that I have found.

#7988 1 year ago

Another day, played a single game. Froze again during Derelict Ship mode, ball drained, timer didn't move, sound still worked. Had to hard reboot.

#8010 1 year ago

You'd think they would have purchased/updated firmware to fix this issue -

It have come to our attention that newer USB sticks don't work, please use old type 2.0 USB sticks

1 week later
#8163 1 year ago

So concerning the center targets, when I talked to Cato in person, he said the biggest issue is they may get bent back and just bend them forward so the Xeno mouth doesn't hit the targets during boot. Since then, just loctite all the targets and if you need to bend, should be able to (haven't had issues). I have never had issues with my magnet strength so I checked to see if Cato configured different when this was at TPF. Everything is set to normal/factory default for magnet as well as Xeno.

3 weeks later
#8682 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Just broke my second wire form for the ball launch.. Original welds failed at bottom closest to the launch.. the replacment (2 weeks old) just failed at 2 spots up top near ball drop. Anyone else having this wireform shit the bed?

Yup, Right scoop wireform shit the bed, already got replacements. The welds are just not very good.

#8683 1 year ago

Hope it is not the prototype![quoted image]

When I talked to PB at the TPF, they are SUPER excited to get this out. I asked them specifically about the non-functioning prototype that exists and they said it is no longer non-functioning. Curious to see the layout!

#8686 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i am going to give the old silver solder a try on the busted ones.. get in some practice.

I tried this, it was too soft. Need an actual weld and metal/steel solder for it.

#8702 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought who wants to live forever was from Conan The Barbarian, instant buy for me, but nope
Maybe in the future.

I would donate my pinky toe for a Conan the Barbarian pin.

#8749 1 year ago

They are definitely reactive on the information instead of proactive. I am experiencing the same in communication.

1 week later
#8887 1 year ago

One thing can be said for certain, PB makes good on its support. Just received(took about 4 months to get, was on the boat) a full LV Blackbox replacement plus translight as mine was damage when it got delivered to TPF. Any physical and or mechanical failures, I have received full blown replacements and I will say, their dhl shipping direct from Italy is some of the fastest international shipping I have ever seen.

#8900 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I have not had the same experience by a long shot. I'm reluctant to post on how fucking pissed off I am at the support they provided as I still have a TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLAR BRICK sitting on my location for TWO WEEKS and don't want to give them a reason to drag their heels. If I knew it would have been so long I would have pulled it but it's been "just another day" the whole time. Hopefully my part will finally arrive on Monday and I can get this thing flipping. I can't believe they sent it USPS ground.
Sucks having this as my A number 1 grail theme. I never would have bought it with all the problems that have been reported otherwise. I'm concerned that they have major issues with their hardware. How the hell have they known that ratcheting down the flippers has caused problems for months and games are still being delivered the same way? What the hell is going on over there?
I just want this shit to work. Drunk post over.

Sorry to hear that.

Ratcheting down the flippers? I might be out of the loop, but can you define that?

I have had replaced so far -

- Back Box full replacement with Translight
- Right railform
- Airlock scoop
- Right Pop up mech

Everything but the top I received within a week. Now mind you, I was working with Cato directly so maybe that had something to do with it.

2 weeks later
#9370 1 year ago

Question for those with the drop target issue on 2.8. Will the targets drop if by vibration or non-ball hits? If so, i'd check the screw underneath to make sure all is level.

#9484 1 year ago
Quoted from petersonjandrew:

Rough start to the week. My LV finally arrived after 1.5 years of waitlists, deposits, shipping delays, etc. Massive gash in the side cab, had to refuse delivery. UGH. Back to the never-ending waiting game.
Melissa at CT has been awesome, we'll see how this plays out. Best of luck to anyone getting their LV's this week.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If it makes you feel any better, the head of my LV was damaged along with translight on shipping. PB sent me a full new head and translight. It just might takes some time.

#9595 1 year ago
Quoted from brendan:

LV-113 arrived yesterday - game is working perfectly out of the box so far.
I did have to contact PB as there is a gouge on the backglass that somehow penetrated the protective sheet that they placed over it - they responded this morning and are going to ship me a new backglass. Great customer service!
I have had a few issues with the ball getting stuck in various places - most notably this gap behind the xenomorph head which can juuuuuust hold a ball, and which was a pain in the ass to actually retrieve it from. Factory settings have been totally fine for me to hit the typical shots so far, but we'll see if I develop a more nuanced opinion after a few weeks.
I don't find the lighting to be an issue at all - seems plenty bright to me. I need to start looking at the mods y'all are doing to see what would be the best fit for me.
[quoted image]

Expect this to be on the slow boat so it could be some time before you get it. I have found in my experience anything larger then a board, they will ship it with the machines.

1 year later
#15304 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Which is BS. Not good to charge your original customers morr and than roll out version with more stuff for less money.
So tired of the pinball industry screwing over customers this way. Stern has it down to a science. What is PB going to do for those SV owners that purchased originally a few years back and still own the game?

Quoted from Indypin:

I'm going to ask a silly question, so bear with me.
Even though I don't own a PB version of Alien, I do own the Heighway version and still follow this thread even before this newest update. I was able to get one from Melissa and Cointaker only because an owner backed out of his purchase, so I was able to purchase his regular version, even though I was on the list for the LE.
So my question is this. Will this new Ellen update be available for us original Heighway version of this pin?? If so, how do I update my pin??
I've been reading all of the posts and see the bickering. At least you guys have the Alien version with multiple upgrades and software updates. I bought some mods for it (especially from Mageek, so thank you sir), but the other mods made I had to pass on because the mod makers informed me they did not know if the mods would fit or work on my Heighway version.
Anyway, I'm hoping this new update with work with my Heighway version. I recall when PB first announced they were making this pin they stated they wanted to appease and help out anybody who was screwed by Heighway pinball by fulfilling the orders first promised by them, as well as putting in some adjustments (such as the hypersleep ball lock, etc), so I'm really hoping PB Brothers don't forget about us Heighway owners as well.
Love this pin, so I'm hoping I can enjoy this new update as well along with the PB owners.

My Alien brother, I am going to guess that PB is going to drop this new version likely only for the PB folks. I would take the initial fulfillment from PB to HW owners as the first and last thing as its "technically" two different versions of the game. Unless someone on the backend can code, I think the video assets are easy enough but coding when they popoff would be the difficult in the HW version.

#15392 6 months ago

Topper Info

alien topper (resized).pngalien topper (resized).png
#15416 6 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Deposit sent for the topper. My wallet is making me sleep on the couch.

Make room on the couch for me. I'm a cuddler! Pre-ordered all the new addons.

#15562 6 months ago

It's crazy that say outside of Labyrinth, this announcement for the new Alien, pricing, extras is probably the biggest thing at the Expo(all my opinion of course).

5 months later
#18469 25 days ago
Quoted from hollyw00d:

Got my beacon kit installed. Is the back right the only beacon that is on during attract mode?
[quoted image]

Yes, I also installed all the beacons on my LV and the backright is the one that goes off during attract.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider precisionk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=precisionk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.