image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 114.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

gets sooooooooooooo repetitive.....

Thats the problem with mode based pinball, fun but how many times can you go through the same modes all to acheive the same wizard mode? I would rather Stern made more games like IM, simple but fun and fast.

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How T F is Stern or anybody gonna sell anything outside of US borders with the exchange rate being what it is?
Isn't 7k for a pro a no go?

In Australia atm........
8k for a pro
10k for a prem
12k for a le
Probably another price rise around the corner too.

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How T F is Stern or anybody gonna sell anything outside of US borders with the exchange rate being what it is?

You bet your ass it's a no go. Even some of the high rollers in Canada have said they can't afford to buy the LE's....

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

In Australia atm........
8k for a pro
10k for a prem
12k for a le
Probably another price rise around the corner too.

That's nasty.

Not sure what the solution is but I wouldn't sign up for any of the above no matter how good it was. 10k for a premium, WTF.

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I see great opportunity for a smuggling operation across the border to our Northern friends.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

KISS LE was $12K CDN!

Maybe a bit naïve from me all the way from The Netherlands. But cant Canadians just drive to an USA pin seller, buy and pick it up there?

#407 8 years ago

I googled searching for specifics...found a link with two small pfs and 4 flippers along with an underworld...widebody. But that was not the Stern version....bummer.

#408 8 years ago

Smuggling doesn't change the exchange rate. Just the 13% tax at the border.
Significant, but it's the 30% exchange rate that's the killer.

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I see great opportunity for a smuggling operation across the border to our Northern friends.

You can throw a rock from where you are at into Canada Flank. No buyers in Mexico down here.

Hook up a trailer and sneak two dozen or so across! What's not to like?

#410 8 years ago

"This is my pin that I took to a show in (Insert Name)"

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can throw a rock from where you are at into Canada Flank. No buyers in Mexico down here.
Hook up a trailer and sneak two dozen or so across! What's not to like?

On top of that though, Canada is officially in a "recession", whatever that means.

But look at it this way, at least you have "free" health care, so what if pins cost more right?

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Smuggling doesn't change the exchange rate. Just the 13% tax at the border.
Significant, but it's the 30% that's the killer.

Ive got it all figured out, you exchange your canadian $ into Pesos first, you get a ton of them since Mexico is basically worthless and hit the first bodega you come across, see if they will trade you Yen for it. Next hit the post office and buy Forever stamps. You will now wait a few years for the stamps value to increase, at this point you will transfer all your currency into the Euro dollar. Stop off at the bar and enjoy a beverage for all your hard work, then trade it back into the American dollar and you have just nullified the 30%. Fact.

#413 8 years ago

Or you could bring me a GoT LE and sell it to me, taking my Canadian dollars at par.
Wayyyy easier.
I'll even let you keep the box.

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive got it all figured out, you exchange your canadian $ into Pesos first, you get a ton of them since Mexico is basically worthless and hit the first bodega you come across, see if they will trade you Yen for it. Next hit the post office and buy Forever stamps. You will now wait a few years for the stamps value to increase, at this point you will transfer all your currency into the Euro dollar. Stop off at the bar and enjoy a beverage for all your hard work, then trade it back into the American dollar and you have just nullified the 30%. Fact.

You have a bright future in currency arbitrage!

#415 8 years ago

If we're all honest, when it comes to getting excited about a pin, theme is 100% the reason. Code is what makes a game ownable for years, but theme will always speak to the heart. Code speaks to the mind.

That being said, HOLY CRAP I am excited by this. GOT is such a great show! Battling for the Iron Throne is just such a great narrative to code around. I can just see it now. You select your side and go. Gonna be EPIC! For those whining about code, what great theme has Stern dropped the ball code wise on recently? It may take a year, but still, who cares when you own machines for many more years.

I do feel bad for Jack. Not because of the delays, but because Hobbit is going to seem like a day late and a dollar short. It's playfield is just barren and if Stern loads GOT up with interactive dragons and upper playfields...gonna be hard to beat.

I just hope the art is good...I don't mind HBO logos...It's their show!

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Throw in a case of 100% agave tequila and it might work?

#417 8 years ago

Yup, I know. The planets didn't align. I've liked Dwight's work in the past so I'm hopeful.

#418 8 years ago

Good job Stern! Now I just need to see the game before I order. No blind faith, but a great theme to work with.

#419 8 years ago

Better not have any Bevel & Emboss...

#420 8 years ago

I was disappointed with The Hobbit at Allentown. Maybe the code will make up for the so-so layout?

Can't say anything about GOT yet, so it's too early to say. All I know is Jack is having a hell of a time getting up and running. So far one machine in 4 years.

#421 8 years ago

Both GOT and TH 'should' be ready for Expo and shipping?

If so, it will be great to see those two pins together and get peoples comments and reviews after playing both of them. Personally I think both will be considered excellent pins when played. Stern will bring their A game on the GOT, and I think TH brings alot to the table as well with sound, display, and heavy mode based play style. We'll see.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Tons of rumors were going around. IT was fun brainstorming. However, GOT just isn't what I was hoping for. Of all the rumors I heard, I liked
1. Rocky Horror
2. Jaws
3.Muppets
4.Little shop of horrors
4. Jurassic World
5. Aerosmith
6. Game of thrones
7. spiderman VE
Granted, I've never seen GOT, but I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them. And I don't think that works. You win buy coming up with something new, that blows people away. I want stern to take a risk. JJP did. Dutch pinball did. Heighway did. Stern just keeps doing the same old same old.

You got a big thumbs down for leaving out Spooky....

And your right....Stern took no risks to keep pinball alive

#423 8 years ago

You own a Mustang yet Lyman didn't do it. How do you sleep at night man?!

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Spoiler alert....Interesting. I've only watched the first episode. Pretty advanced stuff. When the kid got pushed out the window my wife had had enough and that was simply more than she could handle.
I can see where a very cool pinball could be had on this title though.

You made a good choice. on a scale of 1-10, that scene was about a 5, some of the stuff they pull on that show makes my stomach queezy and I can watch about anything. Only the Sopranos rivaled the brutality and depravity they pull off on GOT sometimes!

#425 8 years ago

Stern did not copy The Hobbit. Game of Thrones is an international hit and it's much different. The Hobbit is more or less a quest book while GOT is a major drama more like The Sopranos. I would like to see what parts they decide to keep in the pin. It's a super deep plot with dozens of major characters.

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern did not copy The Hobbit. Game of Thrones is an international hit and it's much different. The Hobbit is more or less a quest book while GOT is a major drama more like The Sopranos. I would like to see what parts they decide to keep in the pin. It's a super deep plot with dozens of major characters.

and boobs...

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

this game is going to have a TON of appeal to non-pinheads. This is going to be a huge seller for Stern and will likely bring in a lot of new pinball fans. Should do phenomenally well on route, too.

Yeah, I think so... and also, it seems like the timing is better on this then Stern usually does. Walking Dead is huge, but it's kind of jumped the shark in my opinion. Game of Thrones is pretty much at the peak of it's popularity, and they're getting HBO helping out promoting it, it appears....

So this could be the perfect storm for Stern to really, really knock one out of the park.

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wing flapping.

They could go all out, and put a dragon on a wire that moves to different points on the playfield depending on what mode you complete... Or they could recreate the battle where that castle got burned out by the dragons, or something... or they could absolutely simulate fire, they could do something hokey with lights and flame shaped silk or something, or to be honest, I wouldn't put it past Steve Ritchie to have somebody figure out a way to use a really over the top neon setup, or some sort of illusion inside glass to make it look like fire.

I'm sure whatever they do will be good, might just be a bash toy though...

#429 8 years ago

I hope it doesn't have an interactive dragon. I think the storyline with the dragons is the weakest part of the show, plus that kind of toy has been done too much lately. The snake on Metallica, the demon on Kiss, and if(when) TH comes out you'll have Smaug.

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

i think the ST le as a whole is the most beautiful/no expense spared pin stern has ever made..but i sure hope GOT is more fun.
gets sooooooooooooo repetitive.....

No expense spared? LOL!

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I can totally see like 200 LEs made of each main house (Stark, Targarian, Lannister, Baratheon). Each with its own unique cabinet artwork & backglass, featuring the characters, house sigil and words. Obviously some houses would be in demand more than others, and that would create high demand & a reservation frenzy.
I'd love to see the LCD for sure, but I'm really more interested if the split level playfield rumor is true. That's a feature that Ritchie hasn't used in years. The whole lower playfield could feature the map of Westeros & the houses, with the upper playfield representing the white walkers & wildlings. The Wall would divide between each playfield, with a physical ball lock that lifts balls to the upper playfield? Throw Drogon the Dragon in the upper corner interacting with the ball or the ramp?
So much potential here for a great design that incorporates the overall themes of the show, but allows characters and modes to be not only featured on the display, but also updated later on as the series continues.
Since Ritchie is a superfan, I'm sure this title is going to get lots of love & support.

I can't see Ritchie doing the ball lock lift thing, because it kills the flow, he loves those really long shots...

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm not thinking they are going to try to tell a linear story, but it would be nice for some type of progression. What do modes or rules would you like to see incorporated?
* "Ruling" all Seven Kingdoms by hitting completing shots
* Defending the Wall might be an interesting multiball
* Something with a dragon or perhaps three dragons in another multiball

Imagine the lightshow, there's a wall in the top left corner or whatever, and if you lose that battle, you hear screams, and cries, and 'bad' music, and then slowly, the whole playfield starting from the top turns all the LED's white until the whole playfield's white, and it slowly fades to black.

They could even kill the switches as it goes down! So nothing that's in the white section scores. Or even turn off kicks and things. Eventually when the white led's get to the flippers, they stop working too and you lose the ball.

#433 8 years ago

Some info....

LE has dragon laser cut side rails !

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

So this could be the perfect storm for Stern to really, really knock one out of the park.

Just as long as they don't screw the pooch when it comes to quality control.

#435 8 years ago

At least its not another normal Ritchie layout....

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Some info....
LE has dragon laser cut side rails !

and he breaths fire up the rail like ST LE shoots Photon Torpedos??

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and he breaths fire up the rail like ST LE shoots Photon Torpedos??

Kinda

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Both GOT and TH 'should' be ready for Expo and shipping?
If so, it will be great to see those two pins together and get peoples comments and reviews after playing both of them. Personally I think both will be considered excellent pins when played. Stern will bring their A game on the GOT, and I think TH brings alot to the table as well with sound, display, and heavy mode based play style. We'll see.

It will be awesome, just like the old days of pinball. In the 60's, 70's and to a lesser extent the 80's you had several companies all trying to one up each other and duke it out for market share.

Not sure how fun it is for the companies, but it's great for pinball fans!

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No expense spared? LOL!

compared to other stern LEs.....absolutely. no LE compares in terms of lighting, armor, paint, design etc.

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Besides, the source material behind The Hobbit is timeless

Possibly. But still a minor book compared to LOTR... and I bet GoT will stand the test of time. The first book is already 19 years old!

Quoted from Baiter:

it didn't require the movies to be made to be received with enthusiasm.

Granted for a regular pin. Tron (the pin) is better than Tron (the movie). It succeeded in incorporating its visual and audio atmosphere.
Not so sure for a pin relying on a large LCD and displaying video clips.
It would have helped if the movie was a masterpiece. Alas it is not. But there should be enough good material for the pin.

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I hope it doesn't have an interactive dragon. I think the storyline with the dragons is the weakest part of the show, plus that kind of toy has been done too much lately. The snake on Metallica, the demon on Kiss, and if(when) TH comes out you'll have Smaug.

Pinball based on longform TV shows can't about story, they have to be about iconic memorable moments - and the Queen of Dragons (and her dragons) are an instantly recognizable thing from the show. Dragons are fucking cool, and Smaug is nothing more than a rotating No Fear head. Demon head is a gigantic piece of nothing. If this game can pull of "the best dragon ever in a pinball", players will be all for it.

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Possibly. But still a minor book compared to LOTR... and I bet GoT will stand the test of time. The first book is already 19 years old!

Granted for a regular pin. Tron (the pin) is better than Tron (the movie). It succeeded in incorporating its visual and audio atmosphere.
Not so sure for a pin relying on a large LCD and displaying video clips.
It would have helped if the movie was a masterpiece. Alas it is not. But there should be enough good material for the pin.

The Hobbit book is easily more well known than LOTR, and a much easier book to read. I love LOTR, but those books are a slog to read. The Hobbit is easy, fun reading. No way Hobbit is a minor book compared to LOTR! LOTR was no very well known before the movies came out...The Hobbit was.

#443 8 years ago

Not a great theme for pinball! Hope it's not another Stern cheap looking throw away game like Spiderman or Xmen etc. Guessing some $5 dollar white walker bash toy. Could be ok if they continued with drawn artwork but thinking it will resemble Walking Dead style. Already waiting for next title announcement!

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Not a great theme for pinball! Hope it's not another Stern cheap looking throw away game like spiderman or Xmen etc. Guessing some $5 dollar white walker bash toy. Could be ok if they continued with drawn artwork but thinking it will resemble Walking Dead style. Already waiting for next title announcement!

Your input is greatly appreciated guy who just made a fake account to post that crap.

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Not a great theme for pinball! Hope it's not another Stern cheap looking throw away game like spiderman or Xmen etc. Guessing some $5 dollar white walker bash toy. Could be ok if they continued with drawn artwork but thinking it will resemble Walking Dead style. Already waiting for next title announcement!

If you have any Spiderman, Xmen, or Walking Dead games to throw away, throw them my way please.

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Walking Dead style is great! No photoshopped actors on playfield!

#447 8 years ago

Whatever dude...just relax. It's only pinball!

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Maybe....but your first post ever you decide to slam Spidey and Xmen, which are 2 pretty awesome games? Seems quite fishy, are you in the JJP fanboyclub?

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Dragons - CHECK
Medieval theme - CHECK
Violence - CHECK
Steve Ritchie - CHECK
Boobs - CHECK
the perfect pin??

No, it's missing Lyman.

****EDIT****
Just saw RobT post. Already taken care of. Great minds, great minds

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Not a great theme for pinball! !

Quoted from adamsebas:

Welcome to the thread, Jack!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.