image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 114.
#201 8 years ago

Because he was trolling.

#202 8 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked... usually how long is it after an announcement before the playfield is revealed?

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

Granted, I've never seen GOT, but I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them.

lol

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yawn...ish. Waiting for SWE7

Thought I was the only one, nice to meet ya!

#206 8 years ago

Where is the poxy machine? It not like anybody can steal features when they're already too far behind for that or is it still white wood?

Have never seen one episode but I don't think it's going to matter for this one.

After scaring away the kids with KISS this one at least is current, hugely popular , has tonnes of content and should do very well indeed.

#207 8 years ago

I see this game having huge potential even if stern just mods the LOTR code and updates the displays.

#208 8 years ago

Just gonna leave this here.

MLPP.jpgMLPP.jpg

#209 8 years ago

Granted, I've never seen GOT, but I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them.

Why not give the show a try? There's a reason it's immensely popular.

GOT as a theme has been successfully branched out into other media, too, like video games and board games, that I don't know that Hobbit has been as successful at. From a theme and popularity perspective, GOT is the winner in my opinion, and it's still an ongoing series that has a potential to end up with an even greater fan-base.

As far as I'm concerned, I watched Hobbit in the theaters long ago. I may buy extended editions when they come out in a decently priced set, but I'm not excited about the theme anymore, and definitely not as happy with the film series as I am with LOTR. Stern is making a good move cashing in on the growing popularity and steam behind GOT and I don't think it has anything to do with Hobbit.

Though if the argument is that you can only own 1 new fantasy pin, then fine, why not put out a title that can directly compete with your rival? Sounds like great move to me.

Now one thing I do think is that GOT will limit Stern's ability to put out a LOTR VE, at least any time soon. That would be ridiculous because they'd be competing with themselves, again, from just the owning one fantasy themed pin perspective, but also the limited cash of pinball collectors.

#210 8 years ago

Wow! Just wow! That video gave me shivers. I'm in. One or more of my games going on sale soon.

#211 8 years ago

Code is supposed to be a much different story this time around.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Oh? Like we should expect it to be further along? I thought that may be the case since this one was supposedly in production for so long, but I didn't know if that would necessarily translate to complete code.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hopefully. Dwight's been back at Stern for a bit now. He cleaned up Star Trek, but essentially has had GOT all to himself these past months.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Sorry if this has been asked... usually how long is it after an announcement before the playfield is revealed?

Soon as all the LE's are sold.

#215 8 years ago

Nice announcement, slightly marred by months and months of tedious hints/guessing games hosted by Stern.

#216 8 years ago

So in the video teaser I loved when the ball went to the wall and then up the elevator/lift. Seems like that would be a cool bash toy in the game... bash the wall, it opens, hit it in there and the ball is captured and lifted up to a lock or what-not.

#217 8 years ago

Granted, I've never seen GOT

So, let me get this straight:
Youve never seen the source material AND youve not seen Sterns design, yet youre ready to weigh in that its a copy? Lol.

but I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them..

If Stern just wanted to tweak JJPs failure to deliver pins on a timely basis, they would have re-released LOTR when the Hobbit movie came out (like Jack 'claimed' he was contracturally obligated to do)....

If stern is "beating" JJP, its not by copying them, its by them simply EXECUTING on the basics: building and shipping pins- without the need to overpromise (lie) to their customers in the process.

#218 8 years ago

I'm excited to PLAY it. Any idea when it will start showing up at distributors?

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

its by them simply EXECUTING on the basics: building and shipping pins- without the need to lie to its customers.

I often say if a company just focused on delivery and customer service, they would win. Nobody is really setting that high of a bar.

It doesn't matter the industry either. Head down, focus on what matters. Stop playing games, stop "wordsmithing", and stop pretending.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from kell:

IGN is set to release picture Tuesday.

#221 8 years ago

this game is going to have a TON of appeal to non-pinheads. This is going to be a huge seller for Stern and will likely bring in a lot of new pinball fans. Should do phenomenally well on route, too.

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yeah, right. Not believing that 'til I hear it from doughslingers.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Nice! The Hobbit killer has arrived!!!

LOL...yeah that's it. You have not seen any layout of the game or even seen pictures of the cabinet but you know that it is a Hobbit killer? WTF?

#224 8 years ago

Hopefully it will be a big hit, so I can buy a NIB during a second run next year

#225 8 years ago

Let's see this game! My MMr order might be in trouble if the layout, rules, art, and sound are there.

Keeping my Hobbit order.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Hopefully it will be a big hit, so I can buy a NIB during a second run next year

That's the thing...if it's great it will run for a long while (assuming there is a premium). Why buy now? And why pre-order? That's for suckers.

#227 8 years ago

It's as if a thousand Hobbit preorders suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly refunded.

#228 8 years ago

Now who's going to admit they pre-ordered more than 1? Considering the designer/programmer/theme this is about as close to a sure thing as you can get. Stern has a further incentive with this one, to do their magical/fantasy/dragon themed pin better than JJP. Maybe they simply try to show they can do it better. Maybe they try to steal some sales. I really believe there is an extra incentive there. I would not be surprised to see an LED display. You got a small one with WWE LE and they've put more than the usual production time into GOT. I personally don't really care about an LED display and I won't be buying one of these new, but I can't wait to see and play it.

#229 8 years ago

Jack right about now:

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Now who's going to admit they pre-ordered more than 1?

No preorder. I will buy the second premium release that will be cooler than the original LEs and the code will be almost done. Cant wait for GOT next Spring.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

LOL...yeah that's it. You have not seen any layout of the game or even seen pictures of the cabinet but you know that it is a Hobbit killer? WTF?

I simply said that because the themes have similar appeal. I'm not the only one who has said or thinks that. I don't have anything against JJP, I own a WOZ and love it. I want JJP to succeed. I'm just saying this game is definitely have people that like themes like the Hobbit, LOTR, and GOT thinking about dumping JJPs Hobbit for GOT. We all know GOT will be in people's basements before The Hobbit will. If I was in on a preorder for a Hobbit right now, I'd probably bail and buy GOT. I know I'm not the only one that would do this. So yeah, here comes the Hobbit killer.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Whilst they may not be able to top the TH's display, it's not exactly hard to top TH's layout!

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Now who's going to admit they pre-ordered more than 1?

Please speak up, so I can at you.

#234 8 years ago

I hope they have a "Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning..." wizard mode

#235 8 years ago

So here's the rumors from someone in the know:

LE packages will be "house" based - ie Stark/Targaryen/Lannister/Baratheon.

This will be the highest BOM ever for a Stern pinball machine.

Interactive dragon.

2nd Playfield.

He/she didn't know about LCD - said the intent was to have it, but may not have made the deadline. I guess the good news is that LCD is for sure coming...just maybe not on this one.

#236 8 years ago

but I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them

LO Fucking L!!!! Congrats on typing on the most absurd thing Ill read today.

edit----If they were trying to copy them, I guess they'd make 2 titles every 7 years.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Interactive dragon.

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Interactive dragon.

Oh geez.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So here's the rumors from someone in the know:

Interactive dragon.

I'm really interested to see the level of interactivity that exists with the dragon. Eating balls? Spitting balls?

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

No preorder. I will buy the second premium release that will be cooler than the original LEs and the code will be almost done. Cant wait for GOT next Spring.

My thoughts exactly.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I'm really interested to see the level of interactivity that exists with the dragon. Eating balls? Spitting balls?

Would be cool to have three of them and had to lock balls in three different points in the playfield.

#242 8 years ago

You know I thought GOT was going to be a ho hum crappy medieval drama that had tons of time period errors, and was all around lame. I’m very picky about shows being realistic at least to the story and setting they are portraying. Friends told me how good this show was, and I ignored them for a long time.

To those that have not watched the show, the few of you left, do yourself a HUGE favour and power watch this. It’s awesome, main characters drop like flies, anything goes, every category is an 11 out of 10.

Then, you will understand why this theme was an obvious selection.

Kudos to Stern for this title - now don't be a bunch of twats and strip more standard stuff from it!

#243 8 years ago

I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them

lol

Game of Thrones = biggest TV franchises going 5+ years strong

The Hobbit = trilogy of bloated movies from 1,2,3 years ago no one talks about anymore

Still want to see TH be a great pinball machine, but themewise if Stern wanted to copy them they would have been better served to do LoTR Vault Edition when TH was releasing in Dec 2014

#244 8 years ago

Darn, I was hoping for Jurassic World with the DVD release next month. I'm really surprised Stern didn't do it since the movie did so well. Oh well, any new pinball is cool to me!

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

What if the dragon head is just a reiteration of Gene's massive noggin? I hope they come up with something better than a ball eating/spitting dragon. That's been talked so much to death re: hobbit that it doesn't even sound interesting anymore imo. Just a JP rehash.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What if the dragon head is just a reiteration of Gene's massive noggin? I hope they come up with something better than a ball eating/spitting dragon. That's been talked so much to death re: hobbit that it doesn't even sound interesting anymore imo. Just a JP rehash.

I'm not sure what else there is to do - GoT dragons don't talk like Smaug does...and I'm pretty sure real fire is out of the question (but if real flames are in, I'm pre-ordering sight unseen!)

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

You know I thought GOT was going to be a ho hum crappy medieval drama that had tons of time period errors, and was all around lame.

Same. Fortunately, the showrunners did some meticulous research on the real flying dragons and white walkers of the time period.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Because he was trolling.

guilty. I was surprised they deleted the first one though. In the sea of post it would have just dissapeared.

I do hope they resolve their decal issue with their upcoming titles. They are poised to sell a ton of games and it sucks for their customers to deal with the crappy quality they are putting out.

#249 8 years ago

I better get some more beer for EXPO. I'm going to play this bitch all night

#250 8 years ago

Can't wait to see the playfield layout!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.