image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Agreed. Better have solid code available at launch on this one.

If not give them hell flash. Your campaign seems to be working

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Game = Winter 2015
Code = Winter 2016

OK, that's funny as hell

#137 8 years ago

If Lyman isn't coding it I will wait until code is finished before purchasing. I'm not making another Star Trek mistake.

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Dragons - CHECK
Medieval theme - CHECK
Violence - CHECK
Steve Ritchie - CHECK
Boobs - CHECK
the perfect pin??

No, it's missing Lyman.

****EDIT****
Just saw RobT post. Already taken care of. Great minds, great minds

#454 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Late to the party I see, Oh you Canadians!

They don't teach us how to read or count money up here. I think I might have paid $9200 for a TWD LE but I can't count so I don't know

#550 8 years ago

I thought incest was normal for royal families? To keep the bloodline "pure".

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS - Sorry it took so long to respond to that post. But I'm in Canada. Need I say more? I'm too busy trying not to be eaten by grizzlies to post...

Are you stuck in maple syrup again? Happens to me all the time

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I also have a 60" Plasma and can easily see the difference between crappy DVD and blu-ray on that screen as well.

I can't beleive people are actually trying to make this argument. Blu-Ray is WAY better and clearer then DVD, are you kidding me?

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Disney is expanding Epcot center into F-GoT center.

I hope it does better then Euro Disney Land

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I watch all kinds of films both old movie and foreign films and probably less than 10% is even on Blu-Ray. Blu-ray may be superior but it's like they're JJP and then you have Stern and older B/W pins that are DVD.

Don't get me wrong, DVD is not obsolete, it's just Blu Ray is better. I thought people were trying to say DVD was just as good as Blu Ray and it's not. I still enjoy a good DVD too for just the reason you stated above, the movie or show isn't on Blu ray or I just don't want to rebuy it on another format, like Cannibal the musical, I don't think you can find that on Blu ray.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Have I heard right ? lyman is not doing the code ?
That would be a real turn off to me

Yup, no longer an instant buy for me. Now a wait and see.

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

You have Starburst or Playdium,any one else is a reseller.

Starburst IS playdium. So you have Starburst, that's it

#809 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You can pick it up in the States, just don't blab to SB about it .

Now I won't. At the time I didn't know that rule existed.

#1253 8 years ago

Ok, I was going to sell my Tron to pick one of these up. NOT ANYMORE! Now I will wait to see gameplay videos first. The Pro is out, how pathetic. The Premium/LE is pretty underwhelming to me too. A mini-playfield with three targets and a throne? I was expecting much more from Stern on this one with the other companies loading their games with features like Dutch Pinball and JJP. I was hoping for more of a "full" game like JJP puts out. Oh well, and flame suit on

#1257 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

The game would look much better with a 3D plastic/molded castle panel/facade, instead of flat plastic with a brick decal.
I wonder if we'll see someone create a mod?
lets_see_who_builds_a_better_castle_facade.jpg

Mezel's on it!

#1339 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wheres that " they really knocked it out of the park this time" guy?

You have to wait until people buy it, then they will all be "that guy"

#1438 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Who cares? You don't play the lockdown bar

Yeah, I don't know why people are bitching about the lockdown bar either? I mean it has a real metal apron. TWD LE had a plastic apron. I would rather have a metal apron on my TWD LE rather then have the "real" lock down bar.

#1517 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Where's the mechanical door? Does something happen with the battering ram door that I'm not noticing?
Also, everyone should take a moment to admire how stupid the battering ram on the Pro looks since the door doesn't actually lead to a castle. Noticed that while looking for a door...
doortonowhere.png

From that pic it looks like those two mechs under the dragons wings make the wings flap? I guess that's what they mean by "animated Dragon". Still better then the "animated Band" in AC/DC though

#1558 8 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

No way, first the game looks like a JJP game.

Ummmmm, no. It wishes it did though. And so do I

#1681 8 years ago

Does "exciting sword fight display mode" mean a video mode on this one?

#1885 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I know we're busy hating on the art and all, but can we talk about the layout for a second.
I don't know if it's been brought up, but the layout is Star Trek with an upper playfield.
STvGOT.png
The left vuk and 2 shield targets have been replaced with 3 drops. The remaining shots all align and the right ramps are basically the same.
And what's even more comical, GOT has a vuk the returns the ball to the habitrail.
Remember when ST was supposed to do that?
ST-OrigDesign.png
I guess Steve just couldn't let it go.

Yes, every game with a fan layout is Star Trek

#1889 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure the game will be fun. And ugly playfields aren't the end of the world. Ritchie and Dwight are a combo that could be great still.

Yeah but the real question is what decal are you going to make to go over the Center of this PLAYFIELD?

#1918 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

but I'm not a graphic artist

Move along then, move along.

#1921 8 years ago

Anyone else notice that the LE has three extra game feature inserts on the main Playfield that are just covered by weird shadows on the Pro?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1940 8 years ago
Quoted from HenryWinkler:

This game is already missing two of the four things that I look for in a machine (gameplay, artwork, theme, audio).

How the hell do you know how the gameplay and audio are? When did you play it?

#1943 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Good catch. Damn.
The Pro and PremLE are going to just be different games. I can't think of any other time the gap from Pro to Prem has been this huge. Layout, flow, inserts, # of full size flippers!

I tried to zoom in on the extra inserts on the LE to read them but they were too pixelated. Maybe you can use some more of your magic to enhance the LE playfield pic so we can zoom in and read those extra inserts

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1958 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The three arrow ones?
449104.jpg
I think it's shots moved around from the pro, and I'm assuming the Castle Black shot isn't available on the pro:
449096.jpg

You got one of the three. The other two are on the far right orbit

#1962 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The far right orbit arrows on the LE are mystery and extra ball no? Those are missing on the pro on that shot, but they exist on the left-of-center shot.

I counted five of those arrow inserts on the pro and six on the LE. Do you know which insert is missing on the pro?

#2268 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is there anybody else that thinks that Stern may cancel the premium model if they don't sell out of the LE? Haven't they done that in the past...just NOT released a premium?

Avengers. They kind of released a premium, but who has the one they released?

#2269 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yes!!!!!
image.jpg

NICE PINGULP!!

#2275 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just wait till you see the TWD gulp!

Ah damn! Pics when you get it please! I might have to pick one up.

#2346 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Why not put a fake castle front on the pro with the dragon in the middle .
Then it looks 10 times better for a few extra dollars.

I am almost certain Mezel will make a castle to go up there for the pro

#2799 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Whatever guys. 56 pages of bitching and you can down vote me all you want. Stern is gonna ship this pin in a week and everyone else is just gonna talk talk talk with nothing shipping in months. Just think we need to stop bitching and enjoy pinball. Notice how the Alien thread has been at the top of the forum since GOT was revealed and those guys haven't revealed a thing. Just saying. Stern at least ships games.

Maybe if Stern took longer to ship games the would look better when they rolled off the line. Just saying

#2810 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Stern art has always been so so. But they ship pins. I'm just so tired of people bitching and yet if it weren't for Stern, what would 2015 have been? A bunch of nothing from everybody else. TBL, Alien, Hobbit, Magic Girl, Predator...All should have shipped this year and where are they? Stern keeps shipping and bringing pinball fun to the people. They deserve credit.

Hmmmmmmm. I will name this post "Tales of Woe": by kaneda

#2815 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

57 pages of bitching. I mean, seriously guys. It's not great, but it's not that bad. 57 pages though? Game looks 10x more fun than KISS. Everyone is gonna buy once flipping videos appear.

Tales of Woe, second edition: by kaneda

#2830 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Kaneda... how many Stern pins have you owned? Just LOTR?

Lol, and it was in the "shop" for half a year and he could have cared less it was gone

#3023 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I think the GI itself is only white.
But it's not really a step back, TWD, Mustang and I think also WWE are all white. All games that came after MET & ST.
They pretty much use a different lighting-setup on every game, there's not really a "standard" they could step back from.

ST was also all white. No colour changing GI on any model.

#3468 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What I've learned from this thread is that I'm not alone in hating cheesy bevel and emboss and gradients, and it's all RobT's fault that pinball is going downhill.

Yes, Jean-luc-Picard also REALLY hates bevel and emboss.

#3470 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Serious question... Does Pinball Browser work on SPIKE games? It just seems odd they would redo the entire control system and still leave it open.

Yeah, that's a really good question. I think only Olga or whatever would know the answer to that?

#3475 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Twist words much?
Enjoy your GoT!

Give up now, you will not win

#3621 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agree; and QG needs to get over himself once and for all - he down thumbs anyone who mentions the word Star Trek or acronym for that matter. Yea we get it QG, you got in early on ST and out before it was finished. It sucks, but it's your fault; not the people who love the game for what it is now.
As for the topic; GOT quick clips are awesome IMO! Game starts low on the totem pole and just keeps getting better and better with every little update. Call outs look like a plus; sword lock looks great, throne and vuk look awesome. Can't wait to see the rest and a little overall gameplay video

I don't know why people, you especially it seems (you seem to be overly sensitive about ST), care so much or get so worked up about thumbs down? All it means is you disagree with the statement. If you say ST has nice shots I wouldn't thumbs down that because I agree with it. However when you talk about ST code being good, ummm no, I would disagree with that so it would get a thumbs down. Very simple. Nothing personal with the person making the staement, I just don't agree with it.

Now back to GOT. Too bad the art is so bad because it looks like it might be a really nice playing game. But code will tell that story and if it is not being coded by Lyman I don't have a lot of faith in the future of the code.

#3630 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

From Sterns facebook today....
12042683_10153612889889244_2333083669490021854_n.jpg
12011234_10153612889934244_738903810205945134_n.jpg
12036632_10153612889899244_307446541254047615_n.jpg
12038559_10153612889894244_2040510305477183577_n.jpg
12046909_10153612893779244_1109817399220901251_n.jpg
12049276_10153612889944244_8284934693480196125_n.jpg
12020027_10153613213874244_8128953290585985874_n.jpg

What coindoor decal is that in the background of picture #4? In the upper right corner above the yellow "attention" labels?

#3787 8 years ago

I wonder if some pro owners will tear the pinball out of the throne and place a nice looking figure there instead?

#3924 8 years ago

This question is specifically for Aurich. You know how you made that Hellen playfield decal for AC/DC. Well I'm not saying you should do it but I'm just wondering if it's even possible. Would it be possible to make a playfield decal for GOT with cut outs or clear vinyl where the inserts are, to go over that ugly shield on the playfield? Not saying you should do it once again, just wondering if it's even in the realm of possibilities? Because I don't know computer art and such.

#3939 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Wtf, how many damn times does Aurich have to say he isnt interested in doing alterations to GOT after doing Helen and the ST mods?

Looks like Someone's still a little butt hurt over the Avengers comment

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-man-standing-not-possible/page/2

#4204 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Like honestly, I can't believe I've never seen Lyman play a game live. He's a great coder and I want to see his pinball skills!

Your wish has been granted. Lyman playing Metalica. It's not live but you can see his pinball skills

#4209 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok seriously. We can call each other assholes and dicks and it's cool but I call QG a douchebag and get banned?

Ah, ah, ah. Criticizing a mods decision will also get you ejected

#4214 8 years ago

I don't know why but the video mode on GOT reminds me of the Phroto and golem fighting sequence in destroy the ring on LOTR.

#4236 8 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

That video mode is embarrassing, no wonder they don't want to switch to LCD.

I thought stern hired new artist just to work on LCD graphics?

#4241 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I've decided to not say anything else about this pin until I play it.

C'mon, how many times have we heard you say something like that in this thread

#4396 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They changed what exactly? The pro / le artwork hasn't changed one bit as of yet. This is the first reveal of the Premium artwork. You all are way to quick on the praise. Perhaps Stern will change the artwork on the LE after the feedback on how the premium looks or they will have them sitting in distributors warehouses like WM's and others.

Yah, I agree with you. I think the premium was always going to look this way, they didn't change a thing. But they might take credit for it though

#4406 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I've decided to not say anything else about this pin until I play it.

Ummmmmmmm, Hmmmmmmm. I called it. And it only took you 24 hours to go back on the statement this time around. That must be a new record for you

Quoted from kaneda:

Definitely better. Somehow I think this new art will also make people feel better about the original art. I can't help but laugh a little as they just changed the color and people are acting like it's a whole new playfield. Oh and little snow flakes on cogs. Maybe it wasn't so bad in the first place, or maybe it's not as good as people are now saying it is.

Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah the center area is now a lot better. I have to imagine they will make those changes to the LE. Imagine an LE 2.0 playfield will be shown soon.

#4409 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So the main selling feature of the LE is the sweet side armor (not going to lie that is nice) the side cabinet (Dragon) is also very nice, the premium (at least the renders seem a bit murky, but I guess that's the grey color snowy effect).
But arguably the PF on the premium is nicer, the trans art and the head art (IMO) is better on the premium.
I fail to see how the LE costs another $1000 if just for the side armor that's some expensive side armor. At the very least Stern should throw in a shaker into the LE at no extra cost at least to somehow justify the extra $1000.
IMO
If I were a LE buyer I'd be on the phone instantly to drop down to the better premium. This begs the question who would commit to the LE before the premium was shown, as they obviously (clearly) were never selling all 700 units of the LE at least not until the gameplay was shown.

But it's not just the side armor, all the trim on the premium is that crinkle black stuff and all of the trim on the LE is smooth gloss black. And you get a sweet plaque, signed PLAYFIELD and numbered certificate! All joking aside those differences aren't worth the extra money on this one, unless you like the art and look better on the LE.

#4412 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I suppose, but isn't that also what people were saying needed an alternate translight to be good?
I seriously don't like the composition of the LE with the large main characters with a row of small soldiers at the bottom?

But the smooth glossy legs! The smooth glossy legs!

#4422 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I don't know what the amout is but the fact that it is Limited-700 made ,that has some value maybe $500 worth to me .

Generally the premiums are more limited with less sold.

#4437 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So the mirrored backglass, engraved trim/armor, plate, autograph by designer and artwork not photoshop for backglass. Any other differences between le and premium?

Yes. The LE has smooth gloss black trim, not matt crinkle black trim like the others have.

#4572 8 years ago

I find myself coming to this thread more and more for comic relief then to learn about GOT

#4575 8 years ago

I can pass on a Ritchie pin easily but I couldn't pass on a Ritchie/Lyman pin at all.

#4732 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It's better than I thought. How much better, I can't say for now... Will have to give critical look. I was concentrated on the game trying to understand the rules. Something sure: this one comes with a very advanced ruleset. Nothing to compare with Kiss at release for example: the 0.92 (?) code version I played was bad. This one is already good. People will still bitch for an update, at least for the video mode The good thing is that you could avoid it. As all games were 4-player games, the other three were begging the active player not to choose it...
One will need to put a lot of games to understand the philosophy of the ruleset. I had no time for that. Some shots can be extremely lucrative. This game will need a tutorial, and you will have to study it. Do your homework!
Beware, game is so fast you may find it too fast. You need vampire-level speed. But the ramps are so smooth you will find it exhilarating when having a good ball.
The lightshow at the beginning of some sessions is so bright it can really blinds you. Fortunately there was a ball save during these fireworks.
Overall, I was initially disappointed by the lack of the upper playfield for the pro. No longer. This game on its own should be truly good. Closest match is Stern Strek:
- If you liked ST, you will enjoy this one.
- If you did not like ST because of the repetitive modes, you may still like this one.

Cool, I'm in group #2 of liking how ST shoots but hating the VERY repetitive code. So I might actually enjoy GOT thanks for the info!

#4784 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Oh it's trollish now to criticize GOT? Sorry, I didn't get the memo. Gameplay video! All is well!
I'm not participating in some happy circle jerk just cause they now half assed the Premium art too. But jerk away. You're an expert.

C'mon mods. How is the above not a direct attack on Rob? Telling him to jerk away and that he's an expert at circle jerking? Perfect example of wishy washy selective moderating.

----------

Obviously you are unaware of whether we are talking to TFA or not. Please do not look to create drama, it is not needed in this instance. Return to normal posting. - moderation team.

#4822 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

All of these prices are INSANE. Sorry guys, but we keep trying to justify pinball prices but for the price of ONE pin now, you can have a room full of AMAZING arcade games. A room full.

I know I hate trying to justify the price of toys! Like these guys that buy expensive cars (toys). For the price of ONE Hellcat you can buy an entire house of AMAZING arcade games. A house full. And maybe the house to put them in too.

#4824 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I won't lie, I justify it a little by thinking of pins as capital equipment for a future business. Probably bullshitting myself, but these games do have some intrinsic value as money-makers.

I know I was just yanking kaneda's chain

#4827 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm too old for the privileges that come with a Hellcat, but not old enough to forget how nice they are.

Maybe you're not old enough. Many a time have I seen a super old dude a grandpa maybe with a gorgeous 20 something year old woman in a nice sports car. So being old may add to the privilege

#4830 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

You're not paying for the extras, you're paying for exclusivity.

Sure, if you want to be "that guy".

#4894 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Tried to talk him out of it, but he's decided to take a break.
Pete

Can't blame him.

#4895 8 years ago

Now who's gonna start the RobT party thread (part 2) non boob edition

#4897 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Someone who loves drama more than pinball, I assume.
Pete

#5006 8 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I guess you haven't had the pleasure of owning a STTNG or anything without a warranty

Ah if one of the toys break he could always replace it with a Mr. potato head.

#5146 8 years ago

Everyone is different. I myself prefer a super bright game, it's one of the things I actually liked about the new ST, and also why I like PinballBulbs light kits.

#5169 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Why are you ALWAYS so negative?
And seriously: without ever having played the pin, you know better than Steve Ritchie?
Get over yourself.

He seems to do this with every new Stern. I wonder if he even owns a Stern?

#5238 8 years ago

Wait a second. From the below video of the LE, It looks like they put a gold plate behind the side rail etchings. Looks like shiney gold behind those etchings. What do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153656671279244/

#5337 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I rushed as well, bought the LE from Cointaker, no regrets!

Yeah but you buy every LE, even WWE LE

#5393 8 years ago

Can someone upload the LE gameplay video to youtube? I can't watch the twitch video on my iPad, keeps giving me an error.

#5407 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

after watching some of the stream from Deadflip I dont feel like the upper playfield looks fun at all. Ill play it on location and check it out but not really excited about it in any way. Oh well, time to start anticipating what they come out with next

Yeah I agree. Disappointed in the upper playfield, and I LOVE mini playfields maybe the pro is the way to go on this one.

#5422 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiz83:

Based on what I've seen/read, there are 7 main house modes. Completing 4 gets you to the first wizard mode and completing all 7 gets you to the final wizard mode. For those who have played the game, did these modes feel repetitive? Was it too easy to reach the wizard modes? Obviously the code is new and will continue to change.

From what I've seen in the videos, this isn't another Stern ST. It looks like all the modes have their own individual flavour and are not all the same.

1 week later
#5490 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Fact: you ranted about Sterns weak code at time of game release.
Fact: Stern seems to have heard you, and have upped their game on this one.
Fact: You're still making trollish-comments.
I don't understand some people on here. Not just you, but there seem to be so many "pinball enthusiasts" who prefer to slam Stern, JJP, and anyone/thing related to this hobby.
I recently posted a review about GoT. There are some things about it that are nearly insulting in my opinion. On the whole though, the game is a lot of fun to play. I posted both sides of it and I'm still stoked to get one.
You, on the other hand, have complained about the high cost of new pins (nobody's fault but out governments, mostly) and that you won't be buying a GoT.
So why come back to spread hate, making negative trolling posts?

What version are you getting Drew?

1 week later
#5579 8 years ago

Yeah I'm pretty sure the pro doesn't have a castle. It has a floating door though. And yes your door looks very nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.