image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 114.
#151 8 years ago

Since everybody KNOWS the code won't be finished for 2 years after release, you are not allowed to bitch after you go ahead and buy it anyway.

Anyone violating the above rule gets 2 kicks in the ass at Expo.

#152 8 years ago

Oh man I am such a big Got fan.
Do you think two games with a dragon in both would be to much for a smal collection?^^
And I hope that there won't be to much bling in the le over the prem. Those games are getting to expensive here in europe to buy LEs.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I was banned by Stern again. Thanks.

What did you do for the ban?

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Too soon? LOL
code-is-coming.jpg

Best post of the thread!

#155 8 years ago

I'm pretty excited for this one. I hope someone edits the rom and replaces the theme song with this though for hilarity's sake

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

And look what a bad pin mustang is !!!

Alright....

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

This machine will forever be "unfinished".
2 more books are going to be released in the feature.
Maybe new characters will be introduced , new storylines will be written .
They will not be represented in this pin.
Maybe they will make it into the last code version in 3 years, but not on to the playfield .

I could see them having the playfield represent the map that we see in the intro, and all of the characters displayed on the LCD (which they could update with subsequent code releases)

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Since everybody KNOWS the code won't be finished for 2 years after release, you are not allowed to bitch after you go ahead and buy it anyway.
Anyone violating the above rule gets 2 kicks in the NUTS at Expo.

Fixed. There needs to be something to fear for breaking this rule/being a repeat offender.

#160 8 years ago

Will be in for a premium most likely. Unless there's a topless Cersei or something on the LE.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#162 8 years ago

Awesome news - first theme Stern has come up with in awhile that I'm excited about. Really looking forward to see how the game looks!

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

This machine will forever be "unfinished".
2 more books are going to be released in the feature.
Maybe new characters will be introduced , new storylines will be written .
They will not be represented in this pin.
Maybe they will make it into the last code version in 3 years, but not on to the playfield .

That's the same for TWD though and TSPP etc, if you take that approach then a lot of licensed themes are "unfinished".

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Anyone know if this will be a Ritchie/Lyman combo? Seems about time for one of those, and this would be a nice theme for it.

If you read the thread then the info is within. If you don't have time for that then no it's SR/DS

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Awesome news - first theme Stern has come up with in awhile that I'm excited about. Really looking forward to see how the game looks!

Not a music pin - Check

Not a hillbilly car pin - Check

Sci Fi - Check

Passes the test for a great pin.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What did you do for the ban?

they posted this....

and then I posted this....
Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 11.57.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-03 at 11.57.35 PM.png

then they deleted my post so I reposted it in a comment.

just trying to be funny about their crappy decals.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Definitely not a slam dunk. If done right it could be really good, but I wouldn't call it an easy theme to translate. Very curious to see how they handle it.

Steve and Dwight did STTNG - it's a similar theme to translate. Tons of characters, lots of politics, lots of drama and storytelling nuance. They knew what to do - you don't try to multiple seasons of storytelling into a pinball...you put the essence of it, the personality of the characters, "best of" scenarios that make for good modes.

#168 8 years ago

How come http://www.pinballnews.com/news/index.html never has the scoop? Are they forced to sign NDA's or something?

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

they posted this....Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 12.12.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 11.57.35 PM.png

You can sort of understand why they wouldn't want negativity when they're teasing a new release and you kind of asked for it re-posting. They obviously didn't get your irony, I guess the answer is to go direct to Jared and apologise and in future to take up QC issues direct with distributors/Stern themselves, I'm sure they're not happy when things go wrong either.

#170 8 years ago

The code will fine...I'm worried about the dragon. I hope it's better than Smaug. Dragon with lasers...yea baby!

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And Dwight is a good programmer, there's more to Stern than just Lyman.

Steve and Dwight made a great combo on STTNG! Probably my favorite game of all time... Anyone know if Dwight has been lead programmer on any Stern games? Just trying to get a frame of reference as to what to expect from a modern Dwight Sullivan rule-set. I know he came in late on Stern Star Trek and helped implement the medals and some of the later rules which improved the game. He also assisted on some games like WWE, POTC and FG.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Steve and Dwight did STTNG - it's a similar theme to translate. Tons of characters, lots of politics, lots of drama and storytelling nuance. They knew what to do - you don't try to multiple seasons of storytelling into a pinball...you put the essence of it, the personality of the characters, "best of" scenarios that make for good modes.

I'm a buyer as long as the tilt quote is "you c*nt"

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Come on man, you are a smart dude. You know that wasn't appropriate and "funny", you were taking a little jab at them.

#175 8 years ago

the game is going to be awesome, so much material to work with.
and if it comes with lcd (i doubt it) it's going to be a killer.

and the HBO logo everywhere on the machine...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 8 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

You can sort of understand why they wouldn't want negativity when they're teasing a new release and you kind of asked for it re-posting. They obviously didn't get your irony, I guess the answer is to go direct to Jared and apologise and in future to take up QC issues direct with distributors/Stern themselves, I'm sure they're not happy when things go wrong either.

oh , I know. still hurts.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Nice! The Hobbit killer has arrived!!!

Just like AC/DC was the WOZ killer !

#178 8 years ago

You should do the same sort of campaign for all the pin manufacturers ... except change it to 'Where's the machine(s)?'

#179 8 years ago

Not a chance.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

White Walkers LE edition (else call Aurich for new translite)

You guys are funny. I hope the art is great. I can guarantee you won't see an alt translite from me though, no more Stern games.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Steve and Dwight made a great combo on STTNG! Probably my favorite game of all time... Anyone know if Dwight has been lead programmer on any Stern games? Just trying to get a frame of reference as to what to expect from a modern Dwight Sullivan rule-set. I know he came in late on Stern Star Trek and helped implement the medals and some of the later rules which improved the game. He also assisted on some games like WWE, POTC and FG.

T3, POTC

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You guys are funny. I hope the art is great. I can guarantee you won't see an alt translite from me though, no more Stern games.

whys that?

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

and the HBO logo everywhere on the machine...

The HBO logo was the same size as the Stern logo on the translite, and not on the cabinet at all.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Am I missing something here? I didn't see one pic of a the game itself and people are already lining up to give their money. Have we not learned anything yet? Still buying without seeing based off theme alone. Heck we don't even know whom the designer is nor whom will be coding the game.
I hope it is killer and everyone likes it but when are people going to at least wait until the game is built before going crazy over it

So true.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Pretty unsurprising they'd ban someone trolling FB on a big announcement day... especially since you felt you needed to post it twice.

#186 8 years ago

If would have gone through all the shit that he did. You wouldn't either.

#187 8 years ago

Not worth getting into, don't want to be a downer in excitement thread. I'll still do mods for Stern games, but no translites. When I'm free from working on Alien I have ideas for Metallica and ACDC that I'll get back to.

I appreciate the little shout outs, really, but we haven't even seen the art. Maybe it will be great. Or maybe a bunch of headshots. Hoping for the former!

#188 8 years ago

Thanks. Can't believe I forgot about one of my favorite scenes in "Special when Lit" when Dwight describes the rules for that game(POTC)! I wonder if he'll have Lonnie helping him or one of the younger guys like Tanio or Waison?

#189 8 years ago

You know, there's always the chance of George Gomez doing this table. I don't think he's done a design for Stern since The Avengers

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

You know, there's always the chance of George Gomez doing this table. I don't think he's done a design for Stern since The Avengers

George is a VP now. He doesn't design games. He is the designer's boss.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

George is a VP now. He doesn't design games. He is the designers' boss.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The HBO logo was the same size as the Stern logo on the translite, and not on the cabinet at all.

i just hope it won't be like what they did with AMC The Walking Dead

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Case in point, STTNG. you know what else STTNG had? The full cast doing custom call outs .......

#194 8 years ago

If done right, the potential for mods on this game could be a cash cow for Stern and those involved. I have no doubt we'll see some very cool offerings.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why?

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

If done right, the potential for mods on this game could be a cash cow for Stern and those involved. I have no doubt we'll see some very cool offerings.

you got that right.

#198 8 years ago

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Tons of rumors were going around. IT was fun brainstorming. However, GOT just isn't what I was hoping for. Of all the rumors I heard, I liked
1. Rocky Horror
2. Jaws
3.Muppets
4.Little shop of horrors
4. Jurassic World
5. Aerosmith
6. Game of thrones
7. Spiderman VE

Granted, I've never seen GOT, but I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them. And I don't think that works. You win buy coming up with something new, that blows people away. I want stern to take a risk. JJP did. Dutch pinball did. Heighway did. Stern just keeps doing the same old same old.

#199 8 years ago

Yawn...ish. Waiting for SWE7

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

brilliant!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.