image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 114.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Amen. When I received my STLE, I was really disappointed they didn't use the amazing main theme (by Michael Giacchino). Just lame. I know this is possible to hack yourself, but I like keeping my pins fairly stock in terms of software.
Hope HBO requires the original theme be used on GOT...would imagine the licensee could dictate this.

Sopranos got to use the main theme song - so that's a good sign.

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I thought incest was normal for royal families? To keep the bloodline "pure".

Not really, maybe cousins but not father/daughter or brother/sister.

#553 8 years ago

Inbred.jpgInbred.jpg

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I thought incest was normal for royal families? To keep the bloodline "pure".

Well, animals are inbred for certain traits. Nevertheless, it still gives me the Heebie-Jeebies!

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Incest dude. That is all. You people are excited about INCEST! Thumbs down jacket on.
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Incest

mmkay... clearly you never read the bible I guess??

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Or I could be wrong and we'll see Incest Multiball when you drain your balls into Cersei.

I literally LOLed

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just to be clear, that first image you posted isn't the 2014 Expo Smaug, it was further behind in development than that.
I think his talking is fine. But ... that's about all he does that's interesting, and when he's not talking he doesn't even look cool, just weirdly turned to the side.
Very curious to see what The King and Krew bring the table for their dragon.

Either way the current Smaug toy talks with an animated jaw, moves, and lights up in various spots. Those are three things the KISS Gene Simmons head doesn't do...so Stern better have stepped it up with whatever big toy they have planned for GOT as their current toy efforts don't compare to Smaug in my opinion.

#557 8 years ago

brace-yourself-game-of-thrones-posts-are-coming.jpgbrace-yourself-game-of-thrones-posts-are-coming.jpg

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sopranos got to use the main theme song - so that's a good sign.

Yup. It also uses original show audio and I believe one or more of the shows actors did custom call outs?

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Either way the current Smaug toy talks with an animated jaw, moves, and lights up in various spots. Those are three things the KISS Gene Simmons head doesn't do...so Stern better have stepped it up with whatever big toy they have planned for GOT as their current toy efforts don't compare to Smaug in my opinion.

The only difference I would like to add to that is that Stern as released more than 6 games since JJP announced The Hobbit. Mind you the code was not stellar on any of them for quite some time.

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agreed. But I haven't seen anyone hold up the Gene toy as amazing or cool. Because ... it's not.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed. But I haven't seen anyone hold up the Gene toy as amazing or cool. Because ... it's not.

Yup.

For SOME, a machine is more than the sum of its toys.

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. It also uses original show audio and I believe one or more of the shows actors did custom call outs?

Lots of custom call outs from several of the actors! If they have this type of access to the actors, GOT will have a great audio package.

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I get what your saying but both your examples would be viewed as acts of heroism by any educated person.
Playing devils advocate:

When I saw Iron Man in the theater this scene brought an outburst of cheering and applause. He saved the villagers.

What was Carl to do? He saved his sister's life.

This would be funny as hell but a bit appalling at the same time!
You don't want to be on the side of the argument defending incest. You can't win. People in Medieval times knew it was wrong as most people still tend to frown upon incest today.
Perhaps a better argument would be incest was more prevalent during the time period of GOT. But still, shouldn't be celebrated today.
In my opinion Pinball machines are celebrations of their respective themes ...what with all the bells and whistles and what not. This is why there will never be a Titanic pin. Titanic the film was based on a disaster that took the lives of 1517 women, men, and children to the bottom of the ocean. It is doubtful we will ever see a Pin celebrating that fact.

I think we're on the same page. Iron Man is awesome and so is Carl.

And I think anyone who knows what I do for a living understands I have no problem eliminating terrorists.

#564 8 years ago

I may have missed it, but anyone know who was up next for design?

#565 8 years ago

GoT seems like a title many were after and it is a current production show so it seems like a good choice. But I've already got my own throne so I'll take a pass on this one.

Throne.jpgThrone.jpg

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

GoT seems like a title many were after and it is a current production show so it seems like a good choice. But I've already got my own throne so I'll take a pass on this one.

Either gold plate or tile that lid. Just doesn't look right with a white lid.

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nobody is saying incest is good.

What about the classic Taboo films with Kay Parker.

nVN5hZFGyK6RwjChPetIKkRDscf.jpgnVN5hZFGyK6RwjChPetIKkRDscf.jpg

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha. I got a good laugh out of that one. I can honestly say that WOZ is the least fun game I have ever had at my house for a significant period of time. It has not grown on me in the least; the opposite is true. It looks fancy, but it is simply a dud IMHO. Decent software (aside from the sound), but not a single rewarding shot and the worst upper flipper ever.

Could not have said it better. This was exactly my experience.

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That dragon is whack. Even the No fear head is better than that and was how long ago, 94-95?

If this mystery dragon does talk it's going to sound like SR as well and he has a better pinball vocal than grey haired smaug.

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You're not correct, The Lord of the Rings books were super well known before the movies, both have sold over 140 million copies but in fact LOTR sold more 10 million more copies than TH.

So i stand corrected, but the Hobbit has sold over 140 million copies...its in the top 5 all time. I'd hardly call that a "minor book". LOL! And I stand by the statement that LOTR is a slog to read.

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I watch probably 200 movies a year on DVD...

JESUS CHRIST!!!!! 200 a year? If you're not a film critic for a living you need to get out more.

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

JESUS CHRIST!!!!! 200 a year? If you're not a film critic for a living you need to get out more.

I was thinking "DVD!?!?" Who watches DVDs anymore. Blu-Ray or bust! Hell even Netflix or Vudu look better than DVD.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was thinking "DVD!?!?" Who watches DVDs anymore. Blu-Ray or bust! Hell even Netflix or Vudu look better than DVD.

DVD looks fine, and Netflix doesn't look better than DVD and only a fraction of the titles are on streaming and no subtitles.

#575 8 years ago

DVD is the appropriate medium for watching SD television shows shot on videotape.

#576 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

200 a year? If you're not a film critic for a living you need to get out more.

As opposed to my zero DVD or Netflix movies watched in over three years it does seem a little extreme.

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

DVD looks fine, and Netflix doesn't look better than DVD and only a fraction of the titles are on streaming and no subtitles.

DVD's look OK if you're watching on a 20 inch screen. HD is always better. Most Netflix titles are in 1080p HD and look LEAGUES better than DVD's compressed 480i.

#578 8 years ago

I am looking forward to pics and pricing. This title is my best shot at getting the wife to agree to a NIB purchase. Fingers crossed for a good design and pricing.

#579 8 years ago

If GOT.........ISN'T the greatest pin ever with the higher price and Stevo banging out the design on a great theme then....WTF?

I'm expecting it to debut as #1 on the charts. No doubt. Expectations are a bitch.

Stern is showing mercy on JJP by not putting in the LCD yet.

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

DVD's look OK if you're watching on a 20 inch screen. HD is always better. Most Netflix titles are in 1080p HD and look LEAGUES better than DVD's compressed 480i.

You must not have a blu-ray player that upconverts DVDs. They look terrific on good equipment. Sometimes it's tough to tell that it's only a DVD.

#581 8 years ago

DVD is analog video stored digitally. BluRay is real digital HD video sized right for your HD screen, with all the colors right and light on the compression. Costs more than DVD, licenses.

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

DVD looks fine If it's your only option. And Netflix definitely looks better as they offer in HD. Blu ray all the way.

I am huge into movies too, and I have traded a lot of my DVDs in for their Blu Ray counterparts

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As opposed to my zero DVD or Netflix movies watched in over three years it does seem a little extreme.

Now this is impressive. VCR I take it? I still have one for a few choice titles that I cannot get in any other format.

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You must not have a blu-ray player that upconverts DVDs. They look terrific on good equipment. Sometimes it's tough to tell that it's only a DVD.

Sure I do - but you can't change the source material. If the resolution and color info isn't there, there's only so far "faking" can go. I'm watching on a 130" screen - the difference between Blu-Ray and DVD is mindblowing. Blu-ray players and discs are so cheap now (discs usually come with a DVD version anyway), seems weird to fight the DVD cause.

comparison2.jpgcomparison2.jpg

DVD-VS-Blu-ray.jpgDVD-VS-Blu-ray.jpg

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

DVD is analog video stored digitally.

Lolwut?

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

VCR I take it?

Nope. I guess our weather is just too nice to stare at the TV for hours on end. I bought a Blue Ray player about six years ago and own one -3:10 to Yuma. Haven't played it in a few years.

#587 8 years ago

Like the guy above said, it's meant for 480i "small screen" analog TVs. It's stripes of RGB color that get blasted across your TV at lightspeed.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm watching on a 130" screen - the difference between Blu-Ray and DVD is mindblowing.

Well, okay then. But who the f**k is generally watching ANYTHING on a 130" screen? Why don't you just project it onto the side of your f**king house?

I know, I know...you're in "the biz" out there in La-La Land, so it's part of what you do, I get it. But for us lowlifes who are fortunate to even have a 55-60" screen, DVDs look terrific.

#589 8 years ago

Just remember that 4K video is coming to BluRay soon, and after it 8K video will come (presumably to some sort of futuristic disc medium).

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Terrific is a stretch...they look ok, not sharp. Higher resolution will always win. What are you even arguing? It's not close, 1080p > 480i upscaled.

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Like the guy above said, it's meant for 480i "small screen" analog TVs. It's stripes of RGB color that get blasted across your TV at lightspeed.

First of all, DVD is 480p. Second of all, a movie which was recorded with either a digital or analog medium can end up on DVD or Blu Ray. DVD is not "analog stored on a digital disk"

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

First of all, DVD is 480p. Second of all, a movie which was recorded with either a digital or analog medium can end up on DVD or Blu Ray. DVD is not "analog stored on a digital disk"

DVD is not 480p, it is 480i. I deinterlace content myself and you seem to trust your video playing device to do so. I would not watch a movie that was recorded on film or high definition video on a DVD since it is inferior. DVD is not analog video stored on a disc in the same way as LaserDisc - the analog video on a DVD is stored digitally. LaserDisc is different than 1s and 0s.

#593 8 years ago

When I first got my Blue Ray I rented out the first of the recent Star Trek movies and it was awesome.

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Sopranos is a great game. One of the most underrated pins out there.

Wasn't meant to criticise Sopranos as a game. Its a great pin and underrated. Just feels a bit dated.

#595 8 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

DVD is not 480p, it is 480i. I deinterlace content myself and you seem to trust your video playing device to do so. I would not watch a movie that was recorded on film or high definition video on a DVD since it is inferior. DVD is not analog video stored on a disc in the same way as LaserDisc - the analog video on a DVD is stored digitally. LaserDisc is different than 1s and 0s.

DVD video supports both interlaced and progressive content. I certainly wouldn't choose DVD as my preferred content delivery method! Blu-Ray all the way. Getting off track here, so I'll just say that I can't wait for the playfield reveal of GoT

#596 8 years ago

Netflix Hulu vudu 1080p streaming. DVDs are 480i.

And the majority of things on streaming services have subtitles.

Up your internet speed. It's 2015.

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, okay then. But who the f**k is generally watching ANYTHING on a 130" screen? Why don't you just project it onto the side of your f**king house?
I know, I know...you're in "the biz" out there in La-La Land, so it's part of what you do, I get it. But for us lowlifes who are fortunate to even have a 55-60" screen, DVDs look terrific.

Before we get all "State-ist" or "biz-ist", I'm pretty sure projectors are sold everywhere and people all over the country have way crazier home theater setups than I do - mine is very frugal, if I say so myself.

Blu-Ray's difference is extremely noticeable on a 55-60" screen. Anyway, like I said - I really don't see the point in defending DVD over Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray's cycle is almost over already...players and discs are about the same as DVD....so, why not enjoy it if you're a movie buff? Anyway...back to GoT

#598 8 years ago

the source material is 480i the player may up convert it to progressive but only blu Ray is progressive from the source on a disc anyway.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Kinda weird seeing a $20k multi-pinball machine owner comment on someone having a 130" projector screen (which costs a heck of a lot less)? A bit close to the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sure a few of your neighbors say "Why don't you just f**king open up an arcade?". Not trying to insult - but a lot of people would call owning multiple pinball machines not exactly a poor man's endeavor.

Back to the discussion - also keep in mind quality depends a lot on how close you are to the screen. Sitting 8 feet away and sitting 15 feet away makes a HUGE difference in terms of Blu-Ray vs DVD quality perception on a 55-60" TV.

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Before we get all "State-ist" or "biz-ist", I'm pretty sure projectors are sold everywhere and people all over the country have way crazier home theater setups than I do - mine is very frugal, if I say so myself.
Blu-Ray's difference is extremely noticeable on a 55-60" screen. Anyway, like I said - I really don't see the point in defending DVD over Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray's cycle is almost over already...players and discs are about the same as DVD....so, why not enjoy it if you're a movie buff? Anyway...back to GoT

Quoted from Pimp77:

Terrific is a stretch...they look ok, not sharp. Higher resolution will always win. What are you even arguing? It's not close, 1080p > 480i upscaled.

I'm not arguing. Just saying that when I get an independent movie from Netflix, it's usually only available in DVD format. When I open the envelope and see it's a DVD, I'm usually disappointed. Then when I play it, it looks WAY better than I expected, and I don't even miss that it wasn't a blu-ray to begin with. Maybe I'm just a little more forgiving about my screen resolution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.