image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 114.
#351 8 years ago

I'm very excited for this theme. GOT is my and my wife's favorite show. With Steve Ritchie at the helm I'm sure it will be good. I know we will have to wait for mature code but that is to be expected now, right?

I really hope they do not drop the ball with theme integration like they did with TWD. That being said, I did not buy TWD for that very reason, but TWD has matured into one of my favorite Sterns. I hope GOT will do the same, but dammit, PUT THE SHOW INTO THE GAME. Then I will buy. Then I will buy a premium because all the LE's will be sold out.

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nascar is very narrow focused base, like WWE. Popular, but doesn't transcend all demographics or appeal worldwide. Game of Thrones is HUGE pop culture with worldwide appeal. It'll sell well.

Correct. Plus your never going to see a bunch of WWE/NASCAR loving rednecks buying $6000+ pinball machines! But they'll spend double that on T-shirts, hats, & bumper stickers with that sh@t on it!

#354 8 years ago

I'm hoping for some sort of medieval castle toy....that shakes and possibly collapses! That would be madness!

#355 8 years ago

Wow. Knew it was coming but zero interest. At least it's not superheroes or old rock bands. But I still think it's lame. Just my opinion. Not starting anything. Just saying I'll pass.

#356 8 years ago

I'm excited for GOT but almost as excited for the games people will sell to fund GOT.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The quality of the games have nothing to do with my comment. I was addressing the "Stern copied JJP" sentiment, not how successful either machine will or wont be.

Yea but you did that by stating how awesome and relevant bot GoT and LOTR are as compared to TH, which I questioned.

Ultimately licensing is king and LOTR/TH/GOT are 3 of the 4 hottest fantasy licenses available today and are no-brainers for pinball whomever makes them.... the real challenge is getting the Harry Potter license.

#358 8 years ago

What is the next Stern title?
Sorry couldn't help myself!

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yea but you did that by stating how awesome and relevant bot GoT and LOTR are as compared to TH, which I questioned.

Ask Steve Ritchie if he would have rather had TH instead of GOT. On second thought - don't - he might die laughing.

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

What is the next Stern title?
Sorry couldn't help myself!

We've already been speculating about the next 3 games, so let's up the ante and just ask the question everyone has really been thinking:

What's the fourth title after GoT?

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We've already been speculating about the next 3 games, so let's up the ante and just ask the question everyone has really been thinking:

GOT VE?

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Muppets!

(I made that up)

#363 8 years ago

All I know is we'd better up the boob count on Rob Zombie game to compete with this.

#364 8 years ago

This could be really good. Hope it is

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rick & Morty

morty.jpgmorty.jpg

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

I'm hoping for some sort of medieval castle toy....that shakes and possibly collapses! That would be madness!

Perfect... the battle of blackwater! Add a save Sansa shot in the tower, whitewalker bash toys that pop up from the playfield, dragons over the ramps, I can see it so clearly

#367 8 years ago

I'd like to see the ball climb the wall.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All I know is we'd better up the boob count on Rob Zombie game to compete with this.

Negative. GOT can't compete with Rob Zombie for my $$$

That said, boob count and nips are always appreciated.

#369 8 years ago

Naw...it took him almost 2 years to do ST after ACDC.

Meanwhile Borg pumps a game out every 6 or so months

That was probably my biggest letdown with ST. I was expecting a pretty impressive layout..instead it was SM II

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

As for the LCD, we have to consider the extreme production time for this pin. Why has Ritchie been MIA for two years?
It certainly wasn't to get this license. The show has been on for years.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ask Steve Ritchie if he would have rather had TH instead of GOT. On second thought - don't - he might die laughing.

The King certainly seemed happy to be working on this particular title.

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Luckily I just hope this has a lot of diff'rent things to bash. That way, I won't be disappointed.

Well said. +1's

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Hate to say it, but I heard the same thing about Nascar.

not from me.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wait...Thats WOZ with a lower playfield

It was/is a combo of WOZ and MM.

I think I'll be drowning my sorrows all this weekend now that Stern finally beat me to the punch.
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?board=39.0

If it doesn't come with an LCD then I guess I still have reason to make mine rather than just buy Sterns.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

GoT is more awesome and relevant than TH in the present tense - people talk about GoT all the time. The last conversation I heard about the Hobbit was like what... almost a year ago? Fact is TH movies were $$$ successful but ultimately fluff. You merely inferred what you wanted from my statement to build an argument for something we cant even debate - gameplay on two unreleased machines.

Regardless I made no comparison of relevancy or awesomeness with LotR as a theme; the mention of LotR was to show how Stern, had they wanted to (hell if they still want to), could legit "copy JJP" as the first post suggested with a double dose of Keith Johnson Middle Earth. The statement again has nothing to do with the gameplay itself, merely theme and programmer. Yes, for the record I think TH will be a good machine when its finally released so the defensiveness about the theme becoming ho-hum is unnecessary.

In any case I've had my fill debating this complete non-issue. I (and others) made a quick rebuttal against the idea that this is a 'copycat move' and it grew into this back and forth which I will now bow out of.

TL;DR version ---> GoT is presently better and more relevant than TH as a theme and Stern isn't "copying" JJP

#375 8 years ago

Not having watched the series, should be interesting enough.

#376 8 years ago

Doesn't surprise me that you aren't a Nascar fan Pez?

#377 8 years ago

I think stern is link to my brain lately. All the themes I like are coming out. acdc, metallica, marvel, twd, Got. Great times. I also really like old time WWE theme but even if some machine layout, flow or codes are not for me still happy they created something using these themes.

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Naw...it took him almost 2 years to do ST after ACDC.
Meanwhile Borg pumps a game out every 6 or so months
That was probably my biggest letdown with ST. I was expecting a pretty impressive layout..instead it was SM II

I've already addressed this......

#379 8 years ago

Cant wait to see the layout on GoT, shit I was saving for a pool. Doh.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Maybe because they were planning on it having an LCD and road bumps in the process made them push it to their next new title.

If that's the case, then it would suck for Ritchie to watch the next designer get it first.

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

If that's the case, then it would suck for Ritchie to watch the next designer get it first.

Or perhaps a $795 LCD upgrade to GOT down the road?????

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Or perhaps a $795 upgrade to GOT down the road?????

With Stern getting into the mod business....It wouldn't shock me.

#383 8 years ago

Just paid my bet....$200 gone, but super happy GOT is next. Wow. We all knew it was coming, but nice to know it's official. Two dragon's battling it out. Who will win? Love the drama this creates. Just like the show. Amazing.

#384 8 years ago

I can't play the teaser video any more. Is there still a working link to it so I can show my wife. Tried scanning the thread to see if this was mentioned, but didn't see.

Thanks.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

...Two dragon's battling it out. Who will win? Love the drama this creates. Just like the show. Amazing.

actually, it's 3 dragons against 1.

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

actually, it's 3 dragons against 1.

Well, not really, one against one, two are still chained up.

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Well, not really, one against one, two are still chained up.

That's what i was thinking...ready to call protective services i haven't seen them in a long time. Man she's a horrible mother (and actress).

#388 8 years ago

Dragons - CHECK
Medieval theme - CHECK
Violence - CHECK
Steve Ritchie - CHECK
Boobs - CHECK

the perfect pin??

#389 8 years ago

Not much to talk about until next week.

The best forum on Pinside will be the For Sale thread for the next few weeks.

There's going to have to be a BIB level LE here to get my money before I play. Hey Shit happens right?

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Not much to talk about until next week.
The best forum on Pinside will be the For Sale thread for the next few weeks.
There's going to have to be a BIB level LE here to get my money before I play. Hey Shit happens right?

Some of the distributors have the feature list/model spec breakouts already - I'll bet they leak out over the weekend. But the plan is for the info to officially come out on Tue.

#391 8 years ago

Nice been looking forward to this one, cant wait to see how it unfolds! However, I doubt too many will make it to Canada with our dollar the way it is..

#392 8 years ago

There has to be some rich Canadian pinheads who don't care about the price, but not many LE's will be sold up here thats for sure, its 7K for a pro and thats just wrong.

#393 8 years ago

Where can I get this!

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

There has to be some rich Canadian pinheads who don't care about the price, but not many LE's will be sold up here thats for sure, its 7K for a pro and thats just wrong.

yeah, i'm afraid to ask for a quote

#396 8 years ago

Best Stern theme in decades for me. But.... It is only a theme so far, so calm down.

But its a great start. Bring it on!

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Dragons - CHECK
Medieval theme - CHECK
Violence - CHECK
Steve Ritchie - CHECK
Boobs - CHECK
the perfect pin??

No Lyman.

#398 8 years ago

How T F is Stern or anybody gonna sell anything outside of US borders with the exchange rate being what it is?

Isn't 7k for a pro a no go?

#400 8 years ago

i think the ST le as a whole is the most beautiful/no expense spared pin stern has ever made..but i sure hope GOT is more fun.
gets sooooooooooooo repetitive.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.