image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#408 8 years ago

Smuggling doesn't change the exchange rate. Just the 13% tax at the border.
Significant, but it's the 30% exchange rate that's the killer.

#413 8 years ago

Or you could bring me a GoT LE and sell it to me, taking my Canadian dollars at par.
Wayyyy easier.
I'll even let you keep the box.

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I guess we'll see the layout on Tuesday? I hate that they're making me impatient over a holiday weekend..

Pretty sure if you keep clicking refresh on this thread, it'll show up eventually.
It hasn't worked for me yet, but I'm trying!

4 weeks later
#4681 8 years ago

Instead of spamming this thread over and over again (like far too many of you guys), I'm going to say this:
I wish the artwork on the cab was a little different. Translight too.
Still, I like the colours on the Premium playfield. I expect that SR has done it again and this pin will be a lot of fun.
So while you guys will likely still be whining and moaning, bragging that you know best, because you work in a field that's somehow related to design, I hope to be having fun playing this machine.

Honestly? The initial reaction to the artwork from Pinsiders has caused me to lose interest in this site recently. Especially when you look at some of the pin collections some of you have. I mean, seriously -there's at least one lead member of the lynch mob who doesn't have a single recent Stern in his collection. Sure, he's entitled to his opinion too, but is it important enough to drone on and on?
That's like me producing a documentary about the rising cost of tea in China. I've never been to China, don't plan on going, and rarely drink tea.
In short: Get a life!!!

1 week later
#5168 8 years ago

Why are you ALWAYS so negative?
And seriously: without ever having played the pin, you know better than Steve Ritchie?

Get over yourself.

#5175 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I dont like the lay out, thats is. All those childish downvote stalkers need to grow up. (For 2 years now i have the same groupe of downvoters who stalk me. That suppose to be adults.....)
And no, i dont say it with every stern. I like acd en met very much.
So, you are wrong about that. You just made that up.
And you wonder of i have a stern? Why? "Even"???? People without sterns have no say?

See, I was thinking that GoT may be very similar to ACDC, with 2 ramps, 2 orbits, a battering ram (the bell shot), and mini playfield. We already know the Pro is fast, so there are more than a few similarities.
Ritchie's games typically flow well and play fast. I expect this one will as well.
People complain about the mini playfield in ACDC being poorly incorporated, or that they want it active when multiball starts. That could very well be what Ritchie has improved upon this time around.
Fingers are crossed. Payment has already been made.

2 weeks later
#5486 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

This makes me laugh.

Really? You start a rant against Stern, trying to cash-in on selling "Where's the Code" t-shirts, then Stern finally seems to have really good code at release -and you still have the balls to make a post like this?
How bout editing your comment to something like: "Nice to see for a change!", or "Well done!"
Guessing those statements wouldn't help you sell shirts though, huh?

#5488 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

before putting me in the sellout / douche bag category make sure you have your facts straight.

Fact: you ranted about Sterns weak code at time of game release.
Fact: Stern seems to have heard you, and have upped their game on this one.
Fact: You're still making trollish-comments.

I don't understand some people on here. Not just you, but there seem to be so many "pinball enthusiasts" who prefer to slam Stern, JJP, and anyone/thing related to this hobby.

I recently posted a review about GoT. There are some things about it that are nearly insulting in my opinion. On the whole though, the game is a lot of fun to play. I posted both sides of it and I'm still stoked to get one.
You, on the other hand, have complained about the high cost of new pins (nobody's fault but our governments, mostly) and that you won't be buying a GoT.

So why come back to spread hate, making negative trolling posts?

#5497 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I am not worried so much about the code for GOT as I know it will come along. I am more worried about the mechanics and if shortcuts were taken on assembly as they did with KISS, granted I can fix pretty much any of the hardware issues, I just want this game to rock so I can make some nifty mods. With the negativity surrounding GOT I hope it is not a turn off for most people. Stern has an opportunity here to do something great with a show still airing, like adding full length dots clips from recent shows and such. I hope they take advantage of that aspect in near future

I played the Pro on the weekend and loved it -but the full motion dots were the second worst part in my opinion.
(The video mode being the absolute worst)
Glad the DMD, video mode, and back glass artwork don't affect the fun factor of a pin!

#5519 8 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Blame the government now... Why? Because Americans want high salaries? Because the tax rate is high? I would hope Stern is a S Corp or partnership and the operations flow directly to the shareholder. Then due to new/heavy investments they have depreciation/tax shields to offset that income and cash wise Gary is doing just fine out there. What is our government doing wrong in the free markets?

I just meant that the exchange rate (which is a 30%) price increase for us Canadians, has nothing to do with Stern increasing pricing. Only people you can blame for that is the economy.

#5571 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So there's gotta be some unboxing pics by now. Let's see it in your line up. Has anyone thought up a mod for it?

I thought someone was going to make a better looking castle?

#5624 8 years ago

I love being married, without kids.
My wife is Player 1 and loves playing pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.