(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240427_141245_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240427-163915 (resized).png
    IMG_0732 (resized).JPG
    12.jpg
    1.jpg
    Stories.gif
    Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 166.
    #2451 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I am triggered.

I was going to post that picture. Here's a good one. Nothing like putting your best foot forward when trying to sell a game...

yuck (resized).jpegyuck (resized).jpeg

#2452 6 years ago

Can we extend this thread to insert lighting as well as GI lighting?

For example, can clear or white inserts remain clear/white? Why do people put in purple/pink LEDs in clear inserts???? Just leave them the way they were supposed to be!

Or do red inserts have to be fluorescent super bright juicy red inserts?

#2453 6 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

For example, can clear or white inserts remain clear/white? Why do people put in purple/pink LEDs in clear inserts????

Amen Brother! I don't understand why an insert can't be white with some people. Colored GI is horrible, but putting random colors in clear inserts that have no relation to the insert or mode is a close second for sure in my book. At least when people color puke GI, they are usually "trying" to match up red plastics with red LEDs. Some of the worst offenders in this category are the STTNG mode inserts and the LOTR character inserts. Hey, let's put a green LED under the Battle Simulation mode insert, that looks good and makes sense. Then we can do a pink LED under the Q mode insert...because...pink. The the whole Enterprise can be a Christmas tree of all different random out of place colors. Awesome. A personal pet peeve of mine is when people put colored LEDs or worse yet, color changing LEDs under the diamond inserts in Congo. The diamond inserts are the perfect use for a cool white LED. They look awesome white, but some people have to taste the rainbow with every insert.

#2454 6 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

For example, can clear or white inserts remain clear/white? Why do people put in purple/pink LEDs in clear inserts???? Just leave them the way they were supposed to be!

White should stay white, totally.

The only time I like a weird insert color is a color-changer in the TZ ? insert on the door. It actually looks pretty dang cool, but it's still a little silly.

#2455 6 years ago

In older games, colored LED's can make faded, washed out color inserts look like they are normal again. My Black Knight looked pretty bad until I put matching color LED's under the inserts.

#2456 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

You mean Centaur minus the red?

Yes....like this I guess:

TZ11 (resized).jpgTZ11 (resized).jpg

#2457 6 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

In older games, colored LED's can make faded, washed out color inserts look like they are normal again. My Black Knight looked pretty bad until I put matching color LED's under the inserts.

Matching colored inserts with colored LEDs is fine. I do that all the time. It's crazy when people use LEDs to change their insert colors though.

#2458 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

I don’t get why people put rainbow in there Twilight Zone translite. It doesn’t match at all. The art is already there.

The translites are what really shows off the true lameness of the Clown Puke Craze.

Some of the clown-puked translites are so awful that you literally couldn't make the the translite look worse if you tried to.

If you have a tired old red insert in the playfield and you put a brighter LED or red LED behind it, it can help the insert look newer and brighter.

So these clown pukers try to do the same with the translite, take colored bulbs and try to make the picture on the translite "pop" with color.

But it doesn't work at all because

a.) the original translite art is not a bunch of day-glo LED bulb colors, so the bulb colors don't match the art colors.

b.) since the bulb sockets are for general illumination of the translite, the LED bulb color is in the wrong location and bleeds all over the art.

c.) the colored bulb makes a circular color blob on the art

the end result is perfectly awful. But everyone loves it.

Pretty soon, most people are going to think that pinball machines were originally made to look like an acid trip after eating mexican food.

This is the new normal.

Who knows? Maybe antique collectors will take up the cause and start making a spraying faberge eggs and queen anne sideboards with orange traffic paint. So they'll POP.

#2459 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I was going to post that picture. Here's a good one. Nothing like putting your best foot forward when trying to sell a game...

WOW

JUST

WOW

That game looks unbelievably awful.

I'm starting to think that a lot of pinball collectors are just not very smart people. I'm not saying that as an insult.

Who would do that to a pinball machine and then stand back and say, "YUP! .... NAILED IT!"

Look at the translite, it's amazingly awful, it looks like a 3 year old did it.

flintstones02 (resized).jpgflintstones02 (resized).jpg

The tree on the right has the green character and the leaves are green.

So why not put a super-brite blue bulb behind it and make a giant blob of day-glo turquoise?

NEATO!

dumb-dumber (resized).jpgdumb-dumber (resized).jpg

#2460 6 years ago

Exactly irobot couldn’t agree more.

#2461 6 years ago

You forgot on your last post

Quoted from irobot:

looks like the work of a 3 year old. It's AWFUL.

images (resized).pngimages (resized).png

#2462 6 years ago

Sorry, my mistake - there it is again

Quoted from irobot:

Look at the translite, it's amazingly awful, it looks like a 3 year old did it.

#2463 6 years ago

The alternate trans is bad enough without the puke!
    Also, I'd just like to state for the record that I am against clown puked games and translites.....

#2464 6 years ago

Oh dear.

Wayout440 has disapproved of my posts.

I'm sobbing right now and also screaming with rage and pain. make it stop! Please make the anguish stop!

#2465 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Also, I'd just like to state for the record that I am against clown puked games and translites.....

The same defective brain that clown puked that game also thought it was a good idea to pay $110 for that pathetic translite

what a surprise

the ultimate irony of this trend is that people are paying upwards of $300 to make their game look like stank ass

#2466 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

The same defective brain that clown puked that game also thought it was a good idea to pay $110 for that pathetic translite

Yes it's backwards. Wilma should be on the left and Betty should be on the right. You know the saying about variety being the spice of life.

IMG_4095 (resized).JPGIMG_4095 (resized).JPG

#2467 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1519665464834 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519665464834 (resized).jpg

#2468 6 years ago

and the clown puke abuse continues

4R2sEwz.gif4R2sEwz.gif

#2469 6 years ago

Hey, that would be a good motto for clown pukers:

"I felt like destroying something beautiful."

#2470 6 years ago

Jered Leto should get punched like that in every movie. J/K - he's an awesome actor.

#2471 6 years ago

Lookit guys

LOTSA COLORS!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=BfuKrETSeCw

dumb (resized).jpgdumb (resized).jpg

#2472 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

That translight is the best thing aboot FS; what a hunk of garbage.

#2473 6 years ago

Wow those look like shit.

#2474 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I think they should have made TZ all black and white like the old TV series. Lit by white GI of course,

Your wish is his command.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-and-white-tz-coming-soon

#2475 6 years ago

That is fantastic! I don't know how I missed that thread. Thanks!

#2476 6 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

but colored LED's in inserts isn't making it so you can't play the game. nor is it ruining any art. Unless of course you have a color printed insert. then you have to use white or it looks like shit when lit. Unless it's printed all black with red or some other solid color only.

#2477 6 years ago

Well, since you all have stretched this nonsense out to 50 pages, might as well try to make it 51. Lol bump

#2478 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Well, since you all have stretched this nonsense out to 50 pages, might as well try to make it 51. Lol bump

The thread goes away if people stop ruining their machines with a clown show of LEDs.

#2479 6 years ago

it's easily going to hit 100. I see massive.....MASSIVE amounts of stupidity on facebook.

#2480 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's easily going to hit 100. I see massive.....MASSIVE amounts of stupidity on facebook.

Some of it is even pinball related.

#2481 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Wow those look like shit.

Those are all on location, as are these: ...these casual folks strolling in probably don't know what a white GI game even looks like.

27654756_566957793664523_4357005027112362576_n (resized).jpg27654756_566957793664523_4357005027112362576_n (resized).jpg
    colors (resized).jpgcolors (resized).jpg

#2482 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Those are all on location, as are these: ...these casual folks strolling in probably don't know what a white GI game even looks like.

Just like I said: clown puke is the new normal.

Eventually, most people are going to think that pinball machines are supposed to look like a kiddie game at Chuckie Cheese.

This reminds me of something.

I was playing the Beach Boys in my car, this teenage girl who was riding in the car said, "Wow, you these guys are great! You can hardly hear the Autotune!"

I had to explain to the girl that autotune wasn't in existence in 1960. Instead, they used people who can hold a tune.

#2483 6 years ago

beat-dead-horse (resized).jpgbeat-dead-horse (resized).jpg

#2485 6 years ago

What's worse, that a thread all about a single subject is still going while remaining on topic, or people who go into that thread and detract from it constantly? TOUGH QUESTION, HUH?!

Why you guys are at it, drop in the Star Wars Club thread and offer up a real nice, "still going, huh? Not sick of talking Star Wars yet?"
    After that, visit the Total Nuclear Annihilation Club thread and chime in with a helpful, "still going on about the TNA? Can we talk about something else in here yet?"

If you don't like the thread, leave it. Pretty. Simple. Concept. But I guess you can just keep up with the drive by "this again?" posts or the passive thumbs spamming. That's super cool to do too.

#2486 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Why you guys are at it, drop in the Star Wars Club thread and offer up a real nice, "still going, huh? Not sick of talking Star Wars yet?"

Shit I can;t even go in the Star Wars thread anymore...it's just a mod thread now. Actually impressive it took so long to get to that point.

#2487 6 years ago

They gave me some heat for posting pics of my all white GI LED Maverick in the Incandescent Bulb Fan Club thread.

untitled (resized).JPGuntitled (resized).JPG

#2488 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Oh dear.

Another person stopping by the thread to let us know that he disapproves.

Gosh, that almost never happens on the internet.

"I disagree with you and therefore you are a bad person" is just such a rare opinion these days. Almost unheard of.

But it carries such great weight as an intellectual argument. It counts as an automatic WIN.

#2489 6 years ago

You notice how none of the critics of this thread are giving any support to their fellow clown pukers?

None are heaping praise on the pictures of puke that are showing up in the thread.

If you hate this thread so much, then you must think that clown puke is a big leap forward for pinball collecting, correct?

Like this masterpiece of bulb artistry:

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#2490 6 years ago

The "bulb artist" who created the above abortion wrote this about it:

"To me...this was a not very well lit pinball machine. After replacing every single light with led lighting...it looks amazing AND you can see everything."

It looks amazing.... LOL

Guess again.

#2491 6 years ago

Who in there right mind thought it would look good to put a big splotch of blue on a pool table??

#2492 6 years ago

The whole thing is amazingly awful.

why would you put a 100,000 candle power behind the translite and wash it out like that? The two girls are completely washed out.

Note to clown pukers: if you LED a pinball machine and people standing behind you as you play can see your skeleton, you overdid it.

#2493 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Oh dear.
    Another person stopping by the thread to let us know that he disapproves.
    Gosh, that almost never happens on the internet.
    "I disagree with you and therefore you are a bad person" is just such a rare opinion these days. Almost unheard of.
    But it carries such great weight as an intellectual argument. It counts as an automatic WIN.

I never said I disagree or that anybody was bad person. As a matter of fact, I gave the thread a bump. I find it ironic that you troll me and mention intellectual argument at the same time. Laughable. Enjoy your day.

#2494 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

I never said I disagree or that anybody was bad person. As a matter of fact, I gave the thread a bump. I find it ironic that you troll me and mention intellectual argument at the same time. Laughable. Enjoy your day.

You wrote, "Well, since you all have stretched this nonsense out to 50 pages, might as well try to make it 51. Lol bump"

Half the thread is people like you dumping on it.

You stated that the thread was "nonsense" and that you're "laughing out loud".

Now you claim that you're a supporter of the thread, your contemptuous and dismissive post is actually supporting the thread in the form of a bump.

A bump to a 50 page thread that that has daily posts and doesn't need a bump.

Okey dokey, whatever you say, pal.

Here, let's try to prevent any more "confusion":

non·sense

/ˈnänˌsens,ˈnänsəns/

noun
    noun: nonsense

1. spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense.
    "he was talking absolute nonsense"

•used to show strong disagreement.
    exclamation: nonsense

2. foolish or unacceptable behavior.
    "put a stop to that nonsense, will you?"

#2495 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

You wrote, "Well, since you all have stretched this nonsense out to 50 pages, might as well try to make it 51. Lol bump"
    You stated that the thread was "nonsense" and that you're "laughing out loud".
    Now you claim that you're a supporter of the thread, your contemptuous and dismissive post is actually supporting the thread in the form of a bump.
    A bump to a 50 page thread that that has daily posts and doesn't need a bump.
    Okey dokey, whatever you say, pal.

This thread can be nonsense and clown puke can be terrible at the same time.

Kind of like a "The food at this restaurant is horrible, and the portions are too small." thing.

"Hey everyone, we hate the look of clown puke. Let's all look at it every day!!!!"

YMMV

#2496 6 years ago

Why are the clown pukers so upset that this thread exists?

1. People are going to disagree with you once in a while. I don't like chocolate ice cream. Maybe you do. It stings a little, but you'll live.

2. You won. Clown puke is the new face of pinball. Every vendor is selling puke kits and none are selling plain white kits. Some of most awful looking pins in this thread are from vendor's websites.

3. Nobody is going to be convinced by this thread to de-puke their game. The pictures on the vendor's websites are as bad or worse than what's in this thread and people still fork over $200 all day long to make their game look like ass. They love the puke pictures. Technically, this thread is an advertising showcase for puke.

So just deal with the fact that this thread exists. Out of 100,000 pin collectors, there are going to be 20 or 30 that hate clown puke. 5 or 6 will say so.

#2497 6 years ago

This thread is great. As a matter of fact, there was a new poster that was asking for LED advice, and guess which thread I linked them to. You got it, this one. I've learned a lot by example over the last year. This is one great example of one of those learning examples.

#2498 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

This thread can be nonsense and clown puke can be terrible at the same time.
    Kind of like a "The food at this restaurant is horrible, and the portions are too small." thing.
    "Hey everyone, we hate the look of clown puke. Let's all look at it every day!!!!"
    YMMV

I disagree.

You could make your statement about virtually any contentious opinion thread on the internet.

Even when people who are actually smart and well informed disagree, there is a certain amount of bad humor involved. Human beings are emotional and a large part of their decision making is based on emotion.

In a case like this, where the point being argued is a matter of personal taste, it's naturally going to take the form of bickering.

So what useful purpose does a thread like this serve?

Well, 90% of people are hardwired to be followers and 10% are hardwired to be leaders.

The followers need psychological permission to disagree with the rest of the tribe. When they see their peers disagreeing, that gives them permission to also disagree.

That is the true value of free speech and public dispute, it frees the followers from forming opinions based on conformity to peer pressure.

#2499 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

2. You won. Clown puke is the new face of pinball. Every vendor is selling puke kits and none are selling plain white kits. Some of most awful looking pins in this thread are from vendor's websites.

Of the places I go to play pinball, and the friends I have who own machines, I can't think of a machine (other than my own T3, which isn't stupidly puked, but is some nonetheless) that is done like any pins in this thread. In Michigan, clown puke ISN'T the norm in anyway whatsoever....

#2500 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Of the places I go to play pinball, and the friends I have who own machines, I can't think of a machine (other than my own T3, which isn't stupidly puked, but is some nonetheless) that is done like any pins in this thread. In Michigan, clown puke ISN'T the norm in anyway whatsoever....

That's fine, but what percentage of pinball LED make-overs are plain white and what percent are clown puke?

As incandescent bulbs are slowly phased out of existence, they will be replaced by what?

The vendors only sell puke kits and they make no mention at all of doing your game in white.

If you google the words "pinball LED" and look at the images, you will not see one single white LED make-over, all of the pictures are clown puke.

The average guy who is doing his game with LEDs is ordering puke kits and loving everything about it.

There are 8,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/50?hl=_kirk_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.