(Topic ID: 201693)

No rainbow puke club! (Post pics of worst color gi fails)

By Mitch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,272 posts
  • 455 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Knxwledge
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you dislike color GI”

• Yes get rid of it. (Welcome to the club) 249 votes
      54%
    • No I really enjoy it ( your in the wrong thread) 59 votes
      13%
    • A little is ok at the very back under ramps ( I guess you can stay) 152 votes
      33%

(460 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240427_141245_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240427-163915 (resized).png
    IMG_0732 (resized).JPG
    12.jpg
    1.jpg
    Stories.gif
    Pinside_market_175921_1 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831025059 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713831007017 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240413-172441 (resized).png
    IMG_8352 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240412-141817 (resized).png
    IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240404_072156_Facebook.jpg
    There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 166.
    #2251 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

If they entire thread was filled with posts saying people should like TZ and are wrong if they dont you bet I would lol!

So are you an antagonistic dick outside of Pinside as well, or just on Pinside? I don't know that either answer makes you look all that great, but it would be slightly better if it was just contained to here, I guess.

#2252 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

So are you an antagonistic dick outside of Pinside as well, or just on Pinside? I don't know that either answer makes you look all that great, but it would be slightly better if it was just contained to here, I guess.

I sometimes forget how serious pinball is for some people. Please accept my condolences.

#2253 6 years ago

If they entire thread was filled with posts saying people should like TZ and are wrong if they dont you bet I would lol!

Get lost troll

#2254 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

There is a easy fix ban the 3 obvious trolls.
    Wayout440, who-dey and pinfactory2000.
    Instead of a founding member of the club MAKEN who stepped a little over the line because of constant trolling by these 3 who go un-moderated.

let's be real here

this is a bickering session over light bulbs. no reason to get banned over it.

it's actually kind of interesting how the vendors of a product can create demand for a product among the public.

like if ford had come out with a $75,000 pickup truck in 1975, people would have laughed their ass off. now it's commonplace.

they come out with the product, THEN create the demand.

10 years ago, who looked at their pin and said, "Gee whiz, I sure would love to have it glow monochromatic purple and hurt my eyes"

and here we are with the vendors selling $250 LED kits full of purple awfulness, which are being unquestioningly purchased by the rank and file, as if having a purple game is a given, something that you shouldn't even question

#2255 6 years ago

I sometimes forget how serious pinball is for some people. Please accept my condolences.

It's not serious. It's just 100% unnecessary to sit and troll threads. Just don't do it. Nobody gets upset, nobody has to get banned. Why act like the little brother doing the "I'm not touching you!" dance around his big brother? Eventually you're going to get slapped.

#2257 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It's not serious. It's just 100% unnecessary to sit and troll threads. Just don't do it. Nobody gets upset, nobody has to get banned. Why act like the little brother doing the "I'm not touching you!" dance around his big brother? Eventually you're going to get slapped.

I think poorly LED'd games are terrible. I've posted a few.

I think trying to convince people that they shouldn't like things they like is hilarious and I like funny stuff. *shrug*

#2258 6 years ago

I think poorly LED'd games are terrible. I've posted a few.
    I think trying to convince people that they shouldn't like things they like is hilarious and I like funny stuff. *shrug*

...and there's your "I didn't touch him, mom!" post. Grow up.

#2259 6 years ago

There are two unreasonable opinions battling it out at once in this thread. It's a LOL riot....

#2260 6 years ago

tumblr_owwyq2HFJh1u1ljrzo1_500.giftumblr_owwyq2HFJh1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

#2261 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

why?
    what is so wrong with this topic?
    here we have a new fad where people are hugely changing the look of pinball games by putting colored bulbs in them.
    they're not changing the look a little bit, or doing some small enhancement, they are making the original game art disappear in a glow of LED light
    a lot of times the lighting is so random and goofy it looks like the work of a 5 year old.
    why would you expect that everyone would like this huge change?
    why are you outraged that some people don't like it?
    do you think that nobody should say so?
    seriously, look at the pictures in thread and ask yourself if everyone should politely praise them

I am not outraged or even mad a little bit. I think when people color bomb games that they look like sh*t also so i am with you on that trust me. With that being said though i dont care what people do to their games either. If they think it looks good and it makes them happy then more power to them. The bottom line is i just dont care if someone puts colored lights in their games and i cant imagine why anyone else would either.

#2262 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

...and there's your "I didn't touch him, mom!" post. Grow up.

eesh. Talk about a non sequitur...

Or a way to escape having an actual discussion lol.

#2263 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

There is a easy fix ban the 3 obvious trolls.
    Wayout440, who-dey and pinfactory2000.
    Instead of a founding member of the club MAKEN who stepped a little over the line because of constant trolling by these 3 who go un-moderated.

Please show everybody my constant trolling of this thread ok? Until yesterday i havent even posted in this thread for about a month and ive probably posted to this thread like 20 times total and they were not trolling posts either. This thread is goofy and i could care less about it. I also had absolutely nothing to do with Maken getting banned from this thread. If you are going to call me out by name publicly on here at least get your facts straight and make sure that i do what you are accusing me of first ok?

#2264 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please show everybody my constant trolling of this thread ok? Until yesterday i havent even posted in this thread for about a month and ive probably posted to this thread like 20 times total and they were not trolling posts either. This thread is goofy and i could care less about it. I also had absolutely nothing to do with Maken getting banned from this thread. If you are going to call me out by name publicly on here at least get your facts straight and make sure that i do what you are accusing me of first ok?

Upvoting every troll post is also trolling.

#2265 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Upvoting every troll post is also trolling.

So you are seriously going to tell me that im not allowed to give Colsond or Pinfactory upvotes when they say something that i agree with? Are you really being serious right now?? Please run and tell the moderators that Who Dey is trolling by giving people upvotes, that would be pretty funny!

#2266 6 years ago

pinball is fun!

#2267 6 years ago

Barracora backglass, as presented in the Pinside game archive:

d14fb4bb67be3f59e2717e9f581fe945015639ab.jpg (resized).pngd14fb4bb67be3f59e2717e9f581fe945015639ab.jpg (resized).png

#2268 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Barracora backglass, as presented in the Pinside game archive:

Yep this place is ground zero for sure.

#2270 6 years ago

__572_1 (resized).jpg__572_1 (resized).jpg

lah_playfield_clean_complete (resized).jpglah_playfield_clean_complete (resized).jpg

rs=w_538,h_269,cg_true (resized).jpgrs=w_538,h_269,cg_true (resized).jpg

#2271 6 years ago

Elektra2 (resized).jpgElektra2 (resized).jpg

cue-ball-wizard-pinball-machine-led-kit-cbw-custom-super-led-light-kit-61bad947e71d41fe2bbe9b27389d0296 (resized).jpgcue-ball-wizard-pinball-machine-led-kit-cbw-custom-super-led-light-kit-61bad947e71d41fe2bbe9b27389d0296 (resized).jpg

#2272 6 years ago

All that light thrown into Cue Ball Wizard and it's still a one shot game.

#2273 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

All that light thrown into Cue Ball Wizard and it's still a one shot game.

I'll agree and disagree with that statement. It takes multiple shots in different directions to comp!ete the combo shots round, and you need the tight left shot to light the wagon whelel. The most lucrative shots are upfield to the bank shots, or the tough special target on the left. Shots for the horseshoe can be disastrous with the random cue ball in the way. Lots to shoot at on CBW and score well.

I agree that is a terrible way to light it. No LEDs of any color will go in mine.

#2274 6 years ago

You're best just timing out modes until you get to the end of the game. Playing for fun, that's not a fun way to play. Playing competitively, yeah, time them out.

#2275 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I'll agree and disagree with that statement. It takes multiple shots in different directions to comp!ete the combo shots round, and you need the tight left shot to light the wagon whelel. The most lucrative shots are upfield to the bank shots, or the tough special target on the left. Shots for the horseshoe can be disastrous with the random cue ball in the way. Lots to shoot at on CBW and score well.
    I agree that is a terrible way to light it. No LEDs of any color will go in mine.

One of the better system 3's in my opinion. So much so that I've owned it three different times lol.

#2276 6 years ago

Looks like Christmas Tree Wizard.

#2277 6 years ago

Not sure how I feel about this one. What do you think? I found it on pinball bulbs. It really isn't that bright.

No_Fear_Full.jpgNo_Fear_Full.jpg
    No_Fear_PF.jpgNo_Fear_PF.jpg

#2278 6 years ago

Facebook find. Owner seems to be pretty proud of it.

Screenshot_20180206-202304 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180206-202304 (resized).png

#2279 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Not sure how I feel about this one. What do you think? I found it on pinball bulbs. It really isn't that bright.

Everything looks horrible in pitch black rooms. Including pins with refrigerator / cool white LEDs.

That dr who next to it though...hmmmm

#2280 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Facebook find. Owner seems to be pretty proud of it.

Man, why would you do that to an IJ? Such great art...that you now can't see at all. And are they added red LED strips to the upper playfield? I don't recall there being that many bulbs up there.

#2281 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I personally do not like the dull yellow of incandescent bulbs but I cannot for the life of me understand all the pink and blue in this thread. A color here or there to accent I can handle. I will put color in the back of games under solid ramps and I color match about all the inserts but mainly warm white led for me

Well, that's the whole idea of the thread.

A guy puts a purple light bulb behind Dirty Harry's face in the translight and his face turns all purple.

And then you think, "Why on earth is Dirty Harry's face purple? Why would anyone want that, it looks stupid."

Then everyone says you're a jerk for not liking it. Because? Everyone is doing it? Not sure.

#2282 6 years ago

Is swearing allowed on Pinside? I find a lot of the pro incandescent bulb burnt out people like to curse.

#2283 6 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Is swearing allowed on Pinside? I find a lot of the pro incandescent bulb burnt out people like to curse.

Haha "curse."

#2284 6 years ago

The RBION I picked up today. While I think that it still needs tweaking, lighting wise, I have to say that no matter what I did to shoot it the photos make it look FAR weirder than it does in person. It is nowhere near this purple in person. I’ll be working to light it so as to not wash out any of the great and goofy art.

0A5C59E5-C265-49EC-8CD2-F8957A0C512F (resized).jpeg0A5C59E5-C265-49EC-8CD2-F8957A0C512F (resized).jpeg

#2285 6 years ago

Believe it or Not!

#2286 6 years ago
    Quoted from _KIRK_:

The RBION I picked up today.

You can try LEDs in RBION but I have found regular bulbs work just as well - BION. I switched over the inserts to LEDs like most of my games and it didn't really make a diff'rence, changed some of the harder colors like yellow, and cost more. So I was happy to keep I that way. Strange to me as i usually like LED inserts but RBION has a TON of small inserts that don't use a ton of light.

#2287 6 years ago

Cirqus Puketaire

cirqusvoltaire-full_1 (resized).jpgcirqusvoltaire-full_1 (resized).jpg

26961-cirqus-voltaire-pinball-machine-backbox (resized).jpg26961-cirqus-voltaire-pinball-machine-backbox (resized).jpg

#2288 6 years ago

It's a purple, purple world out there.

Why settle for a boring original CV, when you can turn it into a magnificent tribute to... PURPLE

MORE PURPLE!!

I MUST HAVE MORE PURPLENESS!!

aff8d96b34ae5d2006a4a8a1256cb1677fd36b60 (resized).jpgaff8d96b34ae5d2006a4a8a1256cb1677fd36b60 (resized).jpg

#2289 6 years ago

Everything looks horrible in pitch black rooms. Including pins with refrigerator / cool white LEDs.
    That dr who next to it though...hmmmm

I tend to like to play in dark rooms. Gets me more immersed in the game I’m playing.

#2290 6 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire, Bride of Pinbot, Theatre of Magic...the holy trinity of purple invasion.

#2291 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

It's a purple, purple world out there.
    Why settle for a boring original CV, when you can turn it into a magnificent tribute to... PURPLE

That is a nice lineup with the right lighting of course.

#2292 6 years ago

Someone needs to send this picture to the artist who did the CV translight, with the message, "Your artwork sucked until I made it incredibly beautiful by adding really bright green bulbs. See? YOU'RE WELCOME."

6e9efbb11497c77c11836593add80bd1dadd7e28 (resized).jpg6e9efbb11497c77c11836593add80bd1dadd7e28 (resized).jpg

#2293 6 years ago

LET ME IN!!

OPEN YOUR MIND TO THE PURPLE!!

bodpurp-morph-purple (resized).jpgbodpurp-morph-purple (resized).jpg

#2294 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Someone needs to send this picture to the artist who did the CV translight, with the message, "Your artwork sucked until I made it incredibly beautiful by adding really bright green bulbs. See? YOU'RE WELCOME."

After 30 years as an art director I have found that most non-artists think they know better than artists. Thus, ugly crap fests like this.

#2295 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

That is a nice lineup with the right lighting of course.

Yeah, it looks horrible because the lighting is not quite right.

Righty-oh

#2296 6 years ago
    Quoted from _KIRK_:

After 30 years as an art director I have found that most non-artists think they know better than artists. This, ugly crap fests like this.

LET THE PURPLENESS IN.

STOP RESISTING.

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#2297 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Cirqus Voltaire, Bride of Pinbot, Theatre of Magic...the holy trinity of purple invasion.

I disagree. The number one abused Red / Purple game is BSD. But people keep trying to take down the king.

#2298 6 years ago

Second guy in the row looks like he's about to puke. Possibly from the sight of clown puke?

66 (resized).jpg66 (resized).jpg

#2299 6 years ago

Emblueyon.

Screenshot_20180208-091407 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180208-091407 (resized).png

#2300 6 years ago

br_ring (resized).jpgbr_ring (resized).jpg

avatar_pf_green (resized).jpgavatar_pf_green (resized).jpg

There are 8,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-rainbow-puke-club-post-pics-of-worst-color-gi-fails/page/46?hl=_kirk_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.