16107191_10209057972431355_7073679525452775149_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

408 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 2 of 2.
#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Oh my....well its still on my machine. Boards I got did not give the response I want so its in limbo. I have about 4 to 500 invested in it so it will happen some.day lol. Getting areosmith and metallica ready for Atlanta.show at the moment.

Oh.

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Actually bulb isn't out. Camera just must have caught it not on.

Oh that's good.

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody within a reasonable driving distance of SE Wisconsin want to loan me a Mustang Premium or LE for several months?

Oh your kidding.

#1264 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not kidding at all. Wouldn't be for nothin'. WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

That let's me out, I have a Pro.

#1270 7 years ago

How much difference is there in the animations between the Pro and Premium/LE??

#1271 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I've got my LE loaded up and I'm on my way from Seattle! Should be hitting Muskego in about 30 hours or so.

Your kidding, your really doing that so we can get it colored? WOW.

#1273 7 years ago

If only I could ... oh for the open road and seeing Mustang's great dots get colored! Unfortunately, I've got bills to pay and the MAN requires me to show up at work today. SIGH.
Hopefully, another (much closer) Premium/LE becomes available for Eric's use soon!

Oh man you got me all excited for nothing.

1 week later
#1284 6 years ago

Here. Here. A prime example of the subjective nature of pinball ratings.

I LOVE my Promium, I'm bringing it to our annual pinball BBQ over Memorial weekend. Most people don't like it because they are car snobs, they hate anything to do with a Ford ESPECIALLY the original, most well known and loved pony car in the world. Mustang.

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I switched out my model to match the one I have in the garage A 1966 Mustang GT Fastback in Emberglo paint, a one year only color.

Nice but it's facing the wrong way. I kid, I kid.

#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I figured that ColorDMD code might possibly be done for Mustang Pro but would never be done for Mustang Boss premium because of all the different dots on Premium versus Pro.

PRO.....PRO....PRO.

#1291 6 years ago

If you look at the mounting holes of the speakers they actually form a square. You'll see when you mount them.

#1294 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I thought the same thing as you and was going to turn the car around if I replaced it to see what I thought. My Mustang came with two additional cars and I bought another car for $2 at the flea market a few weeks ago. I placed one of the cars in the right corner on the donut plastic too. It fits perfect there and doesn't block the view of anything, unless you are tall enough to see the captive ball do the donut loop. Just held in place with little squares of 2-sided tape on the bottom of each tire.
So far I like it there in the corner and I just placed the other cars on a shelf behind the bar. I'd like to find a model of my wife's '07 GT convertible in Metallica Alloy. Actually I did find it made by the Franklin Mint, but I ain't paying $100 for a toy car.

Now all ya gotta do is light up that shift plastic like I did.

#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Let's see a pic, sounds like a good idea.

I posted them a while ago, just scan the thread pages for the pictures, shouldn't take that long.

#1298 6 years ago

Can't remember, from the underside of the pf maybe, the plastic and everything.

#1307 6 years ago

Hey - Mr. "sells his Mustang to preorder a My Little Pony" (or some such thing) - how'd you get in here?! This club is reserved for those who TRULY appreciate the finest in pinball machines - MUSTANG!

He'll be back.

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

mustangpaul Thanks for the great idea of lighting the SHIFT plastic. Wow, what a huge difference!
But, while you're there installing the LED strip for under the car for the SHIFT plastic, also attach a white LED strip to the other side of the car to illuminate the pops area nicely.

Your very welcome, it's something they should have done from the factory if ya ask me. You left it flat I see, I heated and bent my plastic so it slopes towards the player and you don't see that lit metal plate under it. Nice idea to light up the pop area but it looks a bit to bright. If that strip is from Comet the leds can be cut off one at a time so your not stuck having to use 7. This is how I made mine, see how even the light is.

IMGA0223 (resized).JPGIMGA0223 (resized).JPG
IMGA0221 (resized).JPGIMGA0221 (resized).JPG
IMGA0225 (resized).JPGIMGA0225 (resized).JPG
IMGA0228 (resized).JPGIMGA0228 (resized).JPG
IMGA0229 (resized).JPGIMGA0229 (resized).JPG
IMGA0231 (resized).JPGIMGA0231 (resized).JPG

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

As a Ford Mustang fan. On the pin, the pop bumper covers look great. Using artistic license to create auto gauges for the pop bumper covers borders on genius. Could of been more logos, or magnum 500's. Some what sadly, the pops are kind of hidden from the player.

Yeah I like the pop covers too but I wish they would light up. Been thinking about how to do it off and on for a while

Quoted from PoMC:mustangpaul Thanks for the great idea of lighting the SHIFT plastic. Wow, what a huge difference!
But, while you're there installing the LED strip for under the car for the SHIFT plastic, also attach a white LED strip to the other side of the car to illuminate the pops area nicely.

Also if you want to do something else, put an led strip under the long narrow unlit plastic just to the left of the metal up and down flap. It makes a big difference, that plastic is just dead without some light. And here's 2 more I put on the right side of the pf. The plastics light up great now.

IMGA0129 (resized).JPGIMGA0129 (resized).JPG

IMGA0130 (resized).JPGIMGA0130 (resized).JPG

IMGA0132 (resized).JPGIMGA0132 (resized).JPG

IMGA0133 (resized).JPGIMGA0133 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Here's a couple items I'm getting rid of that might interest some of the people here. I'm selling my small lighted police car I bought from Mezel Mods - $38 shipped to the lower 48. Also I'm selling a custom Mustang 50th Anniversary themed Komet gumball machine set up to vend candy/nuts - $90 shipped to the lower 48. Both items are in great shape and work fine.

Does it take money?

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Even though it's financially dumb for me to by a Premium at this moment in time, I know that if the opportunity arises, I may have to jump on one at a moment's notice. Either that or buy an LE and trade it for a premium. I know that sounds kind of backwards, but the way prices are going and with the numbers actually produced, I think the LE and the Premium are fairly level in value right now.
I really can't afford it right now, but I want a premium so bad I can almost taste it!

Yeah your in a tough spot. Good luck.

#1325 6 years ago

I've got a 2013 also in Race Red, but I really like the GHIG and SBY colors. We've had so much rain this spring I haven't driven it much, but I was blasting around in it yesterday and it always puts a big shit-eating grin on my face!

Pictures!!!

#1327 6 years ago

Here's one of the Boss and one of my 2006 supercharged GT. They both need to be washed, I'm way more into driving them than cleaning them!

They look great....but man you gotta take that stuff off the walls and put them in the shed. I would freak out to have that stuff hanging any where near my Mustang.

#1331 6 years ago

It's really not a problem, but that is why the GT sits next to the wall and the Boss gets the middle stall. Our subdivision doesn't allow sheds so it all has to go in the garage.

Oh you live in one of those. How about one of those bigger deck type storage boxs?

1932692 (resized).jpg1932692 (resized).jpg

#1333 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Had a friend with a 1968 GT500. Finally for some reason I had to drop by his house. He showed me the 1 bay garage he had the Shelby in. Nothing but a car, and a tool box. Even the tool box was visibly secured so it could not to move. Everything else he had was in an adjoining room.

I've got a 20x24 section of my garage/shop/Gameroon II just for the Mustang that's like that, nothing on the 2 walls and on the one side the pool table is 9 ft away from the car. I'm debating on weather or not to put posters on those 2 walls, I like the nice clean look. All the junk behind the table is now gone, just waiting for the car.

IMGA0001 (resized).JPGIMGA0001 (resized).JPG

IMGA0004 (resized).JPGIMGA0004 (resized).JPG

#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Could do something like this,,, but.. You are not Drew.

WOW, if that's a real Boss 9 I'd do the same thing if I could.

#1339 6 years ago

I try not to be too overly protective of my cars. In my experience, the more you fret over them the more likely it is something's going to happen to them.

I hear ya....but a wheel barrel and what not hanging on hooks right above the car.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This one will make you laugh.
A different friend had a awesome 1965 Fastback, a beautiful resto-mod, he would take his other vehicle to scout out were he could park his Mustang at show an shines, restaurant outings, and other club events. Usually the day before or very early in the morning. Couldn't really blame him but most of us thought it was bit extreme.

I've never done that, it's a bit much. I always went to shows an hour early to make sure I got a good spot.

#1342 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just placed my order for that new Pin Stadium lighting kit to install on Mustang. I think it will look terrific and really make Mustang shine. I'll post pics when the kits ship and I have mine installed.

Cool, you'll be the first.

1 week later
#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

let's be honest, artwork of Mustang is (really) poor,

I sure don't think so, I think it's perfect for the theme.

#1348 6 years ago

Only you can decide what is important to you as everyone is different. FWIW though, I find Mustang to be a HELL of a lot more fun and satisfying to play than Ghostbusters. No code issues either.
I also have no problem with Mustang's aesthetics other than it having too many bright white lit inserts. Convert some of these to color and add some blade skins and it's fine in my book.

^^^ what he said but forget the blade skins (lame in my book) and get mirrors. And to really dress it up get the colored apron and put a bunch of 12v led strips under it attached to the flashers. WOW!!! My "whole" apron lights up red, not just in a couple of spots.

1 week later
#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Paul is the main proponent of "brighter is better."

But it has to be "cool" brighter.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Modded my wife's '07 GT today. Installed red caliper covers and painted the wheels black. Looks sick now!

I like the silver wheels better. Sorry

#1359 6 years ago

As you can see I'm all old school. Only 345hp.

IMGA0214 (resized).JPGIMGA0214 (resized).JPG
IMGA0215 (resized).JPGIMGA0215 (resized).JPG

302 on stand (resized).jpg302 on stand (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#1375 6 years ago

Congrats, I like the 68 on my Pro too. The color dmd is gonna have to wait for my game cuz I'm buying parts for my 70 Mustang, 2 new big flaired fiberglass front fenders are over 1k and many more parts to go.

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I made tire racks for the playfield spots.

those should be race tires.

1 month later
#1382 6 years ago

If ya got a white ceiling it looks great, I have playfields over mine so that wouldn't work. Those aren't meant to be on for hours at a time, it's not a matter of the bulb burning out but how long the image will last because of the heat and light the bulb is putting out. It will start to fade. But at that price who cares right, just replace it.

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

And this morning I installed the eBay tachometer and it looks cool in that spot on the playfield. For a $15 mod, I dig it. For almost $100 I would be really disappointed.

But what does it do?

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Oh, it just moves the tach needle when the spinner is it.
Here's a Youtube video of it in action (not my video)
» YouTube video

So it works just as good as that one. Post your vid not his.

#1390 6 years ago

Just wondering how well yours worked. Good to see you made your own.

#1392 6 years ago

I've had it for a couple years now, nice to see you got yours cheaper.

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Well, it helps that I bought the game 3-4 years after it was released and only have had it 6 months. So I have the luxury of looking back at what cool mods people have come up with since its release and can now do it cheaper. Great idea for this mod and it looks great for sure.

Yeah it's a great game, my Promium aint goin anywhere.

2 weeks later
#1436 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Crap! Did I miss a Premium for sale ad? Ah well, it went to a good Mustang home.

Well there's an LE In Cal for sale, BO too.

1 week later
#1442 6 years ago

I could only afford a Pro, it's not going anywhere....gee I wonder why.

2 weeks later
#1454 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I had a spare Stern blue DMD display, that had previously been put in Star Trek. Now that Star Trek has a colordmd, I've put the blue dots in my Mustang LE. Should have been like this at factory .

Pinside is stretching this image for some reason. the aspect ratio is incorrect after i rotated it. But you get the idea.

Yeah that happens when you rotate. Remove it and don't rotate the new one.

1 month later
#1464 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was testing out some new live streaming cameras and recorded a bit of my Mustang LE with custom music (90s electronica) if anyone wants to see a game with different music.
» YouTube video

I like the 3 camera set-up but not so much the music.

1 week later
#1479 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBEAVR:

I'm not but I did source one of these for a client of mine. He sold his '16 GT for one of the first Orange Fury's.

Amazing what they can do with plastic these days.

5 months later
#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I’m in. Joined late last night.

Welcome to the club, been a while since someone joined, hope it's in good shape.

1 week later
#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I purchased a Mustang Premium aka "BOSS". Reading Manuel Now. Because I can't drive 55. Want to get all I can out of it.

Welcome to the club. I wanted a Boss but I couldn't swing the higher price.

#1491 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Can anyone tell me how to do a team play. Two couples, Players 1&3 on team and Players 2&4 on team. I've changed setting #58 to "yes" team score. Did a four player game. Only displayed individual scores and no Team 1 and Team 2.

Hmmmmm never done that before.

3 weeks later
#1503 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

It was tombstoned at the time just came up to within an inch of the boards.

WOW. So how much did you have to replace?

1 month later
#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Just joined the club today. I’ve played it on location and at a friends house, but I grabbed it to get to know it a bit better. My plan was just to have a quick visit, but now I’m not so sure. It’s more fun than I thought it would be.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club Dave. I LOVE my Promium and think it's WAY underrated. Everything to shoot for is soooo much fun, I think it's a great layout. I've had mine since it first came out and have had zero problems in about 1000 plays. Mirror blades look great in this game and a powered sub with the Pinovators add on board are worth the money.

1 week later
#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That sound great and thanks for not spoiling it for me. I've only owned the game about 2 months. I'm glad to hear the shaker does more too. I think it need to do more in game than it does. My 8 year old niece loved Jack Bot until Mustang came rolling in. To me this game is a sleeper. Great game!
[quoted image]

Sooooo many prople hate it because of the theme......but love Corvette, go figure. Mustang is so much better. I just wish they would hurry up with a color dmd. If they offer led and lcd which would people get? I'd get lcd, I just don't like the blacks on led.

#1520 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

One of my favorite games. Can wait for the color DMD!!!! My 71 Mach 1 351 H code!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful 71, my 70 is black too.....as if you couldn't tell.

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

There's only one thing I don't like about my Mustang Boss premium pin.
The 2013 Boss 302 pictured on the translite is grabber blue...
...but it should have been gotta-have-it green to match my own 2013 Boss 302.

picky......picky.....picky.

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've left the Mustang pinball club. I had a blast modding the game and especially changing the music. I don't think I would've had nearly as much fun playing if I was forced to keep the stock songs. But very fun and fast game, ultimately I needed to move a game out to make room for another one though. Originally the Shadow was going to go, but I realized I enjoy playing it much, MUCH more than Mustang, so Mustang drew the short straw.

Sorry to see you go. What game is coming in?

1 month later
#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Looking to buy a local Mustang Pro..and get back in the Club...

Would be nice to know where you are.

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Looking to get out of the club completely...for now.
Pro still for sale:
OH NOOOOOOO.

Machine - For Sale
Mustang (Pro)Fully shopped/refurbished “Great condition Mustang pro, Titan rubbers and cabinet button protectors, Cliffy's on the scoop and the drain, original red car included. Plays great, no problems. Recent code with...”
23 hours ago Newton, NJ 4,200
Skeets

93 Cobra also for sale [quoted image]

#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

There you go, stretch. New Jersey might be a nice road trip from Baltimore.

I think the one in Nebraska would be a better road trip. And it's an LE too.

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

It's a sweet machine indeed but a little too far to drive.

Might be worth having it shipped.

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Agree !
Almost back in the Club !

Now your talkin.......and an LE too.

#1550 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This photo is a little disturbing.
[quoted image]
Ford can call it anything else, Torino, Cougar, Capri, Talladega, Spoiler, Cyclone, Galaxy, Comet, Falcon, Fairlane, Fusion GT, for the love of Pete, not Mustang!

OMG NO!!!!!

1 week later
#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

wow, so nascar a 3k game is much better than a mustang? guess that tells me what kind of game mustang is! lol

I don't think it is and I have both. I'd sell NASCAR before Mustang.

#1560 5 years ago

I agree, I think Mustang is much better than NASCAR, but both get overlooked because of their themes.

You got that right, I run into car snobs all the time. I'm not one.

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Interesting. I've been watching for a Mustang Premium for 2 years and they almost never come up. I realize Stern didn't many but they just don't come up for sale.
QSS

I wonder if some disto is sitting on a few. Have you called around?

#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

People poo poo Mustang but it is vary rarely up for sale. It is doubtful stern will ever vault mustang.
I sure hope the color dmd hits I. 2019.

I wonder if Stern has any?

#1576 5 years ago

stretch2 just put his LE on the market. QUICK someone grab it.

#1581 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Everyone trashed them, but they GO FAST.

Yeah that's just nuts...did they trash Corvette when it came out of course not and to me Mustang plays better then Vet. Stuck up car snobs is what it is, you could read it in the posts people were making back then.

#1585 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

The true “Mustang” guys prefer the premium over the LE as it has true muscle car mustang heritage depicted through art work and theme. Aka Boss
[quoted image]

Well that's true to a point. The TRUE Mustang guys ordered their very first car (70 Mustang), had it for their last month of senior high, payed CASH for it AND still have it 48 years later. So my Pro is actually my 2nd NEW Mustang and it's going on 4 years old and like my Mustang car it's modded.

#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm very lucky to get my premium for under $5K. Yes under $5. And I Don't see it leaving any time soon.

WOW unbelieveable.

#1588 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

But Paul a promium is great but you know you really want a premium!

Well kind of but I like the red 70 Mach 1 on the cabinet better, after all I do have a 70 Mustang.

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

70 mustangs on premium as well.

hahahahaha My 70 is an LE....an LE of 1.

#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Color DMD in 2019? one can only dream.
Pre Black Friday sale for all you Mustang fans good till 21st and I'll remove the deal.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p89/Mustang-Valve-Covers-Pinball-Mod.html
$24.95 shipped USA or $34.95 over seas.
You have to be on this thread to know and you have to PM me to get the deal .
I made these because I love the Car and the Machine - gotta move them out.
You get two in the kit and they look great full cast Metal.

Just pm'd ya.

#1605 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Color DMD in 2019? one can only dream.
Pre Black Friday sale for all you Mustang fans good till 21st and I'll remove the deal.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p89/Mustang-Valve-Covers-Pinball-Mod.html
$24.95 shipped USA or $34.95 over seas.
You have to be on this thread to know and you have to PM me to get the deal .
I made these because I love the Car and the Machine - gotta move them out.
You get two in the kit and they look great full cast Metal.

Hey Bob, got mine yesterday and they are BEAUTIFUL TOP NOTCH QUALITY! These are heavy metal pieces that are chromed and painted not cheap chromed plastic. I looked at them under my mag. head gear and even then I couldn't find a flaw. Beautiful mod Bob.

#1607 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Thanks ! But for the record Rob or Robert works...I hear Bob and look for my Dad lol.
This mod was made from the heart glad you liked it.

hahahaha ok Rob it is. My 2 mods are made from the heart also.

#1610 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Good to know, Paul. I have a pair coming to me, too.

Hope they are as nice as mine.

#1622 5 years ago

Another LE just popped up. original owner with 520 plays $6900. That's about what an LE will go for.

#1627 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Let me say this before I leap off this forum, most players if they own a game don't keep up or care about market trends. At some point you may want to sell your game and say it's worth "X" but the market is saying "Y". (Y) is alway less. So it sets in your collection and five years later it still has 500 plays and HUO. Just saying, what say you.

Do you own a Mustang game?

#1631 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes, I own a Premium #094 and it had 432 game played on it. But don't know total game playes.

It seems I'm right. Think I struck a nerve. You don't own it, not in your collection. Trying to make a fast buck, looks to me. Good luck getting 6K. You've had no response from you listing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Woh there cowboy, why are you acting like this? Let him ask what he wants, why does it matter to you?

#1633 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

really wtf is up with this guy? first he tells me what its worth, then he tells me its not my game because it ain't in my list, then he tells me he's concerned im just trying to make money. ive had 4 guys email me about the machine in 2 days listed. I can ask $8k and it could have 40k plays on it, what does it matter to him? Does he want a apology because game hasn't seen much play? should I play 1,500 more games before listing so its closer to what he would expect? think somebody needs to take their meds, Whack-O!!! Its a very rare game, and to find one with 500 plays is prob not going to happen ever again. it doesn't make it worth more money then if it had 2000 plays. im just describing game as it is, no need to lie about it, pics says all somebody needs to know.

Well as you know some people just like to cause drama. Just because he doesn't know for sure how many games are on his machine he thinks nobody knows. I know exactly how many are on my Pro because I bought it NIB.

#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

the real answer to this question is it running its original version or was it updated?

From where it was located and the number of plays I'd probably say it's running the original version. probably has the original balls too.

#1640 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

The real question is why would a Ford dealership sell it? If I owned a dealership I'd want all three versions in my showroom!

A local dealer had a Pro for a couple months when it first came out then it was gone, it was on Free play in the service wait room. I asked a salesman if they had one and he knew nothing about having one.

1 month later
#1651 5 years ago
Quoted from mima:

What do you guys think? Has the final code arrived or will Stern revisit this highly underrated game?

They sold so few I don't think they'll bother with code updates.

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Is there something you would really want to see changed in an update?

I haven't gotten that far in the game so I couldn't say.

#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Would like the colorDMD treatment though!

I sure would like that too.

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi a mustang pro will be at home this sunday,i hope i will enjoy it

Welcome, all the way to France too. Do you have a Mustang car too? Post some pictures please.

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I bet they sold more mustang pros than avenger pros.
I think total numbers would be suprising but still under 2500 games total.

Hmmmm, I'm thinking under 1000 Pros. Sure would be nice to know. When me and my buddy have our Mustangs in a weekend indoor show I'm bringing my Pro as part of our display and let people play it.

#1674 5 years ago

I have sadly and officially now left the Mustang club as I sold my LE outside of Pinside this weekend. I will truly miss playing it and I'll continue to fight the good fight of countering the naysayers who have never given it a fair chance due to its less than popular theme. Mustang is a really FUN game that is absurdly underrated at its current Pinside #134 (!!!) slot.
I encourage all pinheads not already familiar with it, to seek one out and play some games on it - even better if you find a Premium or LE with their added features!
Rules and strategy info can be found here for those interested:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bI7gUksbVgeW8yT1BsZ3R5cW8/view

Oh man I thought you were a lifer. Sorry to see you go.

#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

There is one at Route 66 BBQ, with POTC (JJP) at 79 Pearl Street downtown Manhattan near the South Street Seaport in the Finncial District.
[quoted image]

I wonder how it's earning. Is it in good shape?

2 weeks later
#1680 5 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hello i am starting to take care of my mustang's pinball
clean it and new paint
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lookin good.

#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Great looking trim. Hoping for color dmd this year.

We all are. The game is so rare that I don't think any of the guys who do the coloring have one to work with.

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

This is what I can show you, as I don’t longer have this game.

It needs some work. I had a laptop crash and lost some files, also the firmware is now 1.45, I made it under 1.4
Maybe I will correct it someday

Dang that was a lot of work. Really looked good.

1 month later
#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I dunno, I was hoping for a little more foxbody in the theme, maybe an alternate translate, foxbody diecast for the center piece (I guess I could handle this one myself)
Pinballworks, as for not selling because there is no shipping available, that makes me concerned that if I was to purchase one and not own it forever i'd have to ship it? In the tri state area games don't typically need to be shipped since we pull from quite a few states with just a couple hour (or less) ride.

Yeah you'd have to offer shipping. There just aren't that many Mustang games out there. I know my Pro isn't going anywhere. Sounds like you should go pick that one up. For $3900 I'd be there in a hot second if I were you, that's a great price. I payed $4700 for mine NIB and probably have another $600 in mods.

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I am in the club now. Just got delivered.
[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to the club.

2 weeks later
#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Looks nice
I am back in the club with boss 98
What a beautiful looking machine. In my opinion best art of the three models[quoted image]

Welcome back. How hard was it to find over there?

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Welcome back! Still holding my breath for a Color DMD for our beloved Mustang pin.
I think it will look sharp in my LE.

Same here, it has GOT TO come at some point.

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

So here we go,
This is how the smartdmd with sidechanel looks installed in the machine
There are still some little errors in there, but I really like it so far. I think they came from the update to 1.45, because I hadn’t them on 1.4. i‘ll Try to figure them out.
Hope you like it.
Here is the Videolink :

Greetings [quoted image]

That is some really fine work there. About how many hours do you have into it so far?

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thanks for all the positive feedback. It took me about 3/4 year. Mustang have really a lot of Frames. And the fact that the sprite frames have to use the same color palette was killing me, because I have started several times from the beginning till it fits.

Wow.

#1735 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That’s the reason why I think cdmd won’t do it. Because too much work for too less possible Sales
But who knows ...

Well I would be in favor of making a donation to sirlonzelot for his efforts if he made it available.

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

There is no need of donation. Get a smartdmd with sidechanel and I help you.

Thanks but I don't care for Smart DMD.

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well I think the issues with it come down to time and support. The work you did looks amazing. And if it was on a ColorDMD, I would have already PayPal’d them to buy it. I currently have 5 ColorDMD’s in my house. And on the right games, they rock. But it’s about more than Color. Yes, they are expensive. But they support you. All I do is send money, then toss it in a game and update it from the software I download from them. They are very responsive to issues. Really you buy the whole package. Quick shipping and suppport.
As a middle aged guy without a ton of extra time on my hands, I appreciate things that are already simplified for me. If I have to screw around building something and getting it all together myself, it’s likely to end up in a box at the back of a closet while I stand there playing pinball.
At least those are my issues. I’m not speaking for mustangpaul

Yeah Dave, I followed the SmartDMD for a while and was not impressed with the product or support. ColorDMD for me also.

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I can’t agree with this. Surely cdmd is a great plug and play product and their support is great, but oga helped me a lot to get pirates and mustang where it is. I think he made with pinballbrowser and smartdmd a great product. You can easily change sounds and songs which make a huge difference with mustang. And for those games that aren’t colored you have to do it your own. Support from oga is great !

A Pinsider changed my songs and I really like it.

1 month later
#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I'm a bit late to the Party, but here is my Boss premium.
Got it this week end, and we used it for tournament play. Played like a charm!
I don't think anyone around played a Prem/LE before, so that was a first.
Still got yours, Paul?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to see you got one, a Premium too. Gee I wonder if playing my Pro had anything to do with you getting the game. Oh you bet I still have it, it's like my Mustang car....IT AINT EVER GONNA LEAVE! Have a blast with your new toy. Oh and the Mustang car is almost done. Just a few weeks away now.

IMGA0925 (resized).JPGIMGA0925 (resized).JPG
#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

50th birthday approaching (2020?), right?

Yup, mine will be 50 May 1st of 20.

2 weeks later
#1782 4 years ago

So sad but he had a good long life and accomplished sooooooo much.

2 months later
#1791 4 years ago
Quoted from Eldritch:

Thanks alot eskaybee ! Joined the club a few weeks ago. This was awesome!

Welcome to the club. I have a Pro also.

1 week later
#1795 4 years ago

I bought a NIB Pro when they came out and it's a tank. I've modded the heck out of mine and now call it a Promium. I sure wish someone would do the dmd in color, I want it sooooo bad. I KNOW it would sell good. BB is metal with wood sides. Boss 302 version for sale in Market Place, in Provo, UT $5900 if your interested.

#1798 4 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Yea Pro here as well, 2nd owner and threw all the mods on it minus the speedometer that goes over the pop bumpers. It's a solid game and love playing it every time.

All the mods? I'll bet you don't have my Leg Lights or my "Volcano" cup light on it.

#1801 4 years ago

Wow, 2 Mustangs for sale, an LE and a Premium.

1 month later
#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from Fastfred:

Been a long time no posts. Lets start and seeing what list of Mod's are added on your Stangs. I will be watching as I don't have any mods added yet and will be doing this soon.

Hi Fred, heard you had some shaking going on over there.

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from Fastfred:

6.8, 6.7 and a 6.5 in three days.

Dang that must be some ride.

1 week later
#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Stang related jumped back in the stang family.[quoted image]

Welcome back.

2 months later
#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Premium Found! In the club! (Thank You Robert!)

Welcome to the club. Gonna put any mods on it? I have a Promium.

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Joined this club over the weekend![quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome. Gonna put any mods on it?

1 week later
#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Only about 1800 boss 351’s made
Not too many 429’s or boss 302’s either[quoted image]

My buddy has a freshly built Boss 351 road race motor for sale if ya know anyone looking for one.

#1860 4 years ago

The looooong wait is finally over, now the hard part.....which version to buy. Any thoughts?

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

First, thanks for the positive comment about coloring both versions
Re: installation
I only used an LCD panel when coloring the Pro and Boss. I had them in and out of each machine multiple times.
Installing in a Stern of this era is about as easy as it gets. When you order a display, you’ll get the correct spacers and a power cord that reaches the front of the machine where you tie into power.
You’ll want to order a clear plexi to replace the red one. ColorDMD is making a special plexi version that has cutouts for the bolts that hold the numbered plaque (BOSS and LE)
Also, for the BOSS and LE, the Mustang logo is held on with a ridiculously long bolt. It’s in the way for the LCD panel - but it’s easily trimmed with a Dremel. Only takes 30 seconds since you already have the speaker panel down and the old display out of the way.
Not sure if an LED would squeeze in with the bolt in place or not.
I’m anxious for people to download and try out the color version!

MANY thanks for doing this.

#1888 4 years ago

Interesting to see what an led looks like.

3 weeks later
#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Any pics of art blades installed? Only ones I have seen installed are the desert scene, which doesn't do it for me. If anyone has the Tilt Graphics or Retro Refurbs versions installed, I would love to see some pics!

Sorry, I have mirrors.

1 month later
#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Side view mirrors on a Mustang? How appropriate.

I have them on my Pro and LOVE them, they make the pf look really wide. But I would recommend you get the Pinball Universe mirror protectors, they are worth their weight in GOLD.

2 weeks later
#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Mirror blades arrived [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love mirrors on this game.

#1924 4 years ago

My other Mustang is 50 years old today Happy Birthday Mustang.

Mustang when new (resized).jpgMustang when new (resized).jpg
#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Paul happy belated birthday to your 70 mustang.
I think its cool it was originally a Grabber edition car, I know its all modified now!!! I am a fan of grabber orange (COMMONLY REFERRED TO AS SCHOOL BUS YELLOW). I've owned several 70 mustangs over the years a few boss 302's, mach1's, and even had a "Turd "brown 70 coupe 302ci. with white standard interior but it had factory AM/FM and air,ps auto, low milage grandma car i got off LI NY.
But to be an original owner and still own the car 50 years later! congratulations!

Thanks, 70's are the best looking if you ask me. I ordered it too and payed $2800 cash. How many owners can say they still have their first car 50 years later. I never have.

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Beautiful Mustang, Happy Belated Birthday Paul!

Thanks, I appreciate that.

1 week later
#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I replaced the 1/24th car with seven 1/64th cars. All Mustangs I added a Ford truck towing a 2019 Camaro. I have two 1/18th cars as my topper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Towing a Camaro, love it. hahahahahahahahahaha

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yah, my brother in law didn't like the game because it only had Mustang's in it. So I adding a truck and a Camaro. His favorite car. Then he got pi$$ed..

Yeah that's those chevy guys for ya, no sense of humor. LOL

7 months later
#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Purchased a LCD ColorDMD for Mustang today.

Wish I could afford it, I'd have to sell more of my Leg Lights and Cup Lights. LOL

5 months later
#1971 2 years ago

Here's my other Mustang, the black one.

image4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Hey, new to the club and absolutely loving this pin. Not a total fan of the theme, but I'm a car guy and the gameplay is fast and it shoots really well.
With that said I've had a really bizarre situation pop up recently. No issues running 1.30, but after updating to 1.45 I seem to have a regular issue that happens only at a certain time. My right scoop (Mustang Store) will stop kicking out and blow fuse F8. What's strange is it seems to only happen at Gear Shift mulitball. If I abort with a double flipper push it kicks the ball out. During all other gameplay it's fine and scoop works as intended.
I thought it was a code issue, so I installed 1.45 Premium code, same issue. Reinstalled LE 1.45 and it happens again. For now I abort Gear shift multiball, but really annoying, especially since this seems like a code issue. I guess it could be a board or device that gets fired up during the start of Gear Shift, no clue at this point.
Just wondering if anyone had something similar or best way to test. Thanks!

Welcome, wish I could help but my game plays perfect.

4 months later
#1992 2 years ago

Hey guys pretty quiet in here. How's everyones Mustang holding out? I bought my Pro NIB when they first came out and it's worked perfectly ever since. I'm still making Leg Lights if you still want them.

#1995 2 years ago

Hey that's great news guys. Keep on playing.

1 month later
#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What 2-3 mods would you all suggest for this game?

My Leg Lights. hehehehehehe

1 week later
#2013 2 years ago

pretty sure 50 years ago to that date was when the first Mustang rolled off the line and that was to commerate that days run.

6 months later
#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

With gas prices so high. Have all Mustangs been parked? Going to be a Great Barn Find for someone, one day.

Not mine.

IMGA0551 (resized).JPGIMGA0551 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone have a Hooked On Pinball Tachometer they'd be willing to part with?

Oh that's gonna be hard to find if not impossible. Good luck.

2 months later
#2039 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

Not as low plays as the recent post but it is a Refinery edition with a lot of mods.
Curious what I could get for it but probably won’t sell it trade. [quoted image][quoted image]

Oh nice Leg Lights, I put red on my Pro.

1 week later
#2041 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

Yeah they are from you Paul.

Fantastic. I'm still selling them if you know anyone in the market, Cup Lights too.

1 month later
#2045 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Picked up a premium over the weekend, 0043, super nice. Always wanted one, but could never find it. Has the tach mod I think from hooked.
My question is whether a shaker motor is worth getting? I'll add side mirrors too.
Was going to add a color lcd dmd, but I didn't realize they were $500 now, pretty hard to justify it even though they make really nice products. I'll probably stick with the red dmd.

Yeah that $500 is holding me back on my Pro too.

3 months later
#2068 1 year ago

Kind of quiet here, so how is everyones game holding up? No problems with my pro since NIB.

#2070 12 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I lent mine out to a friend in exchange for a game I wanted to have in my game room for a while. He is loving it. This is the second time I’ve loaned out Mustang. It seem rare enough that people want to take it for a spin.

Hey that's really cool. Hope you get it back now. LOL

3 weeks later
#2079 11 months ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sadly leaving the club as Refinery Boss Prem #87 sale is pending.

Try adjusting spring mounting position on the drop so the will fall easier. Worked for me for all except the far right one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So sorry to see you go, hope you get your asking price.

1 month later
#2083 10 months ago

I have one I got when they first came out MIB. Same with my 70 Mustang NIB. LOL I still have both.

1 month later
#2093 9 months ago
Quoted from Magadovski:

Hi 2 questions,
Anyone mounted support rails for playfield?
Are there room to do that? Pics?
Is it worth buying shakermotor for this game? Does the code use it well?
Here are some pics of my mustang [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have mirror blades on my pro and they look great.

#2094 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Shaker a must!
Rails are on prem LE should fit pro no prob.
I put rails on my other pros no issues I assume same for mustang.

I put them on my Pro also.

#2095 9 months ago

My red Leg Lights look great on the Pro and blue on the Premium and LE.

16107191_10209057972431355_7073679525452775149_o (resized).jpg16107191_10209057972431355_7073679525452775149_o (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2097 8 months ago
Quoted from koji:

New club member... Def feel fortunate to start my journey with the latest code w/ some alternate music, some neat mods (tach is so amazing), shaker, real knocker etc. really enjoying it.
I was curious about if the mystery lamp (seems to be a small PCB led), is supposed to be fairly dim?
Also wondering what sort of set up most are running? ie, angle relative to bubble, and outlanes?
TY!
[quoted image]

Good to have you on board. Not sure about the led. I put my level on the pf and set it at 6.5.

3 weeks later
#2120 8 months ago

Hi everyone, I forgot to post this but Jim Simons the guy who started the club past away last year. He bought my Pro from Milissa NIB and had it shipped to me and helped me set it up and had the first play, a while later he moved to Chicago and we kind of lost touch except on FB. As you all know I'm a Mustang guy with my 2 prized Mustang toys my 70 fb and my Pro both of which I will NEVER sell no matter the price offered because both are sooooo much a part of me. Going on 53+ years for one and 10 years for the other. Keep the post alive in Jims memory. Thanks

2 months later
#2124 5 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Seems people are holding on to Mustang. You see pros go up rarely but the LE and more rare Prem you only see a few a year.
Still enjoy playing mine and I dont see it leaving any time soon.

I hear yeah I've had 2 people ask if I wanted to sell my Pro. It aint going anywhere.

2 months later
#2154 59 days ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Just joined the club. What are the best mods that are still available?

Which one did you get? I have a Pro and love it. Consider my leg Lights and Cup light. Not Mustang but you get the idea. 7 colors to chose from.

503d3939be80970523b5de8ed4503a2f55fe84ba (resized).jpg503d3939be80970523b5de8ed4503a2f55fe84ba (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

408 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club/page/2?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.