16107191_10209057972431355_7073679525452775149_o (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
6280848E-CBB5-4E7C-A20B-A47E82F05C36 (resized).jpeg
04129193-23EF-4298-8265-29E62A2068EC (resized).jpeg
70966554866__AC17C5A5-5A45-413A-9B06-C25D0706CCDD (resized).jpeg
27D52833-2803-41FE-B3DA-66139BA4F301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 44.
#551 8 years ago

Kids need fed.
Floor needs mopped.
Grass needs cut.
Haven't showered in 3 days....
Whatever....... I'm busy.
So close to beating police pursuit.

#552 8 years ago

So drag race is the easiest mode to beat just by hitting drops and starting mb, correct ? I'm kinda getting a feel for easiest to hardest, just wondering what some of you guys do.
Haven't broke 100m yet.
And before he jumps in here singing, yes, that bastard Violent Steve came over and proceeded to kick sand in my face like the old Charles Atlas ads.
Put his dirty mitts all over my new girl.

#553 8 years ago

I was playing too but in a different way...dressing up the LE today.
Made the shifter shooter install vid, installed the Tach mod, H2O bottles, pinblades and new flippers from Pinballlife.com.
The brush look flippers look almost white in the pictures but look fantastic on the machine.

Oh by the way I have playfield # 1

Mustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_011.jpgMustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_011.jpg
Mustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_013.jpgMustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_013.jpg
Mustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_007.jpgMustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_007.jpg

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Oh by the way I have playfield # 1

Just curious...does the #1 playfield correlate to the #1 LE? Or are the LEs randomly numbered like I've heard?

#556 8 years ago

Random numbered from what I hear. Pf are numbered as they go in. All have number labels added going down line.

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

that bastard Violent Steve came over and proceeded to kick sand in my face

Hahahaha. Glad to oblige. Fun game, brother.
20150802_115657.jpg20150802_115657.jpg

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So drag race is the easiest mode to beat just by hitting drops and starting mb, correct ? I'm kinda getting a feel for easiest to hardest, just wondering what some of you guys do.
Haven't broke 100m yet.
And before he jumps in here singing, yes, that bastard Violent Steve came over and proceeded to kick sand in my face like the old Charles Atlas ads.
Put his dirty mitts all over my new girl.

Start with stunt driver > do the left flipper skill shot to the center target and get gear 3. Complete stunt driver in just a few shots.

It doesn't take much to get burnout MB lit, so maybe move to the mode in the bottom right corner - think it's rally race? And stack it with burnout MB.

Then stack police pursuit with your gearshift MB.

On the next ball when you don't have a MB lit, do drag race as it's easier to start with a ball saver.

That leaves cruisin and the other race mode (top middle - forgot the name ATM). But that race mode isn't too bad if you have power shifts stacked from your current progression and hazard targets (LE/prem model). So do this mode in single ball only and try not to hit the left loop until it's one of the last two shots then you can repeat hit it and use your power shifts to complete.

Stack a MB with cruisin if possible otherwise it's not such a bad single ball mode.

Hope this helps.

Btw, I left the club this weekend A trade popped up and I went with it. A fellow pinside right and friend asked me about the trade and I told him if it wasn't a trade for this specific game (LOTRLE), then I'd keep mustang - had no intention of selling for another game or trading it away for anything else.

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Start with stunt driver > do the left flipper skill shot to the center target and get gear 3. Complete stunt driver in just a few shots.
It doesn't take much to get burnout MB lit, so maybe move to the mode in the bottom right corner - think it's rally race? And stack it with burnout MB.
Then stack police pursuit with your gearshift MB.
On the next ball when you don't have a MB lit, do drag race as it's easier to start with a ball saver.
That leaves cruisin and the other race mode (top middle - forgot the name ATM). But that race mode isn't too bad if you have power shifts stacked from your current progression and hazard targets (LE/prem model). So do this mode in single ball only and try not to hit the left loop until it's one of the last two shots then you can repeat hit it and use your power shifts to complete.
Stack a MB with cruisin if possible otherwise it's not such a bad single ball mode.
Hope this helps.
Btw, I left the club this weekend A trade popped up and I went with it. A fellow pinside right and friend asked me about the trade and I told him if it wasn't a trade for this specific game (LOTRLE), then I'd keep mustang - had no intention of selling for another game or trading it away for anything else.

Nice strategy tips - thanks! I too typically save the Cruisin' and Road Course modes for last and definitely need all the power shifts I can earn to help me get through them. Making it to Drift Race is still a rare achievement for me.

Sorry to hear you've traded your Boss Premium and left the club. And for a LOTR yet?! That's crazy!

Enjoy the game man and see you around the ST club thread!

#560 8 years ago

OH no, we're are losing Eskaybee? He has a PHD on rules and has helped with so many things.

If I could figure how to make a sad face I would.

BTW anyone get to Silverball Stampede? Been to Drift maybe 5 times or less.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

OH no, we're are losing Eskaybee? He has a PHD on rules and has helped with so many things.

Sad to see him go but that's how the pinball rolls.

#562 8 years ago

Brushed aluminum flippers with super bands blue rubbers

Mustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_013.jpgMustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_013.jpg

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Brushed aluminum flippers with super bands blue rubbers

Mustand_Shifter_Shooter_Mod_013.jpg

Close up please.

#564 8 years ago

Ive become obssessed with trying to hit the nitrous. Got pretty good at it on the Dead's 95 tour
Seriously the upper lft N2O is almost impossible for me. Im playing full games only aiming for the stand ups...lol.
That, and trying to hit the skill shot to start. Thanks for that tip SKB.
Other ways to score big ?

#565 8 years ago

Paul have you got a lead on a clear red apron ? Although I gotta say, Ive grown to like the black hardware. Was going to go Mustang red powder, but, really, the stock black looks fine to me. Maybe some powder down the line ; for now, Im just trying to score. Tomorrow gonna throw Hooked's Hurst shifter on and a shaker from ForensicD and Im burnin rubber baby !

#566 8 years ago

Not ashamed to admit I just bought Jan and Dean's Greatest Hits.
Totally gnarly !

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Seriously the upper lft N2O is almost impossible for me. Im playing full games only aiming for the stand ups...lol.

I find that the upper left nitrous mini standup is easier to hit with a backhand off of the left flipper than a straight (or rebound) shot with the right flipper.

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Installed H2O bottles.

That should look unique. Most people just install NO2 bottles to match the targets in the game.

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I find that the upper left nitrous mini standup is easier to hit with a backhand off of the left flipper than a straight (or rebound) shot with the right flipper.

Yes ! Not really going where I want, but my backhands are getting much better.

Quoted from littlecammi:

That should look unique. Most people just install NO2 bottles to match the targets in the game.

Lol.
Hookeds economy upgrade for us po boys.....

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Paul have you got a lead on a clear red apron

Sorry I don't, I was lucky to find mine. Put up a want ad.

#571 8 years ago

Torn between picking up stang or KISS. Is Mustang really worth NIB prices. I can get one for 4600 to my door but wondering if its worth that.

#572 8 years ago

Well, since you're in the Mustang Club asking, I think you already know.
Also....there was one listed for 3750, not sure of location.
Im not a vet like you guys, and I know I'm in the minority here,... but I like Mustang way better than KISS. The Boss engine revving is much more energizing (to me) than hearing "Rock and Roll All Night" for the 9,000,000th time.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The Boss engine revving is much more energizing (to me) than hearing "Rock and Roll All Night" for the 9,000,000th time.

What's worse is that it's the shitty new versions of all the classic Kiss songs. I'd take any Sam game over Kiss until someone cracks the Spike code.

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Torn between picking up stang or KISS. Is Mustang really worth NIB prices. I can get one for 4600 to my door but wondering if its worth that.

Paid far less than that for my Pro that was on location for 5 months, low plays....would recommend finding used if you're going the pro route...they're out there, and far cheaper than 4600.

#575 8 years ago

Yeah I hear yah. Eric In CT had one for 3750 but by the time I ship I am at 4200. Waiting for one to pop up in WI or close by. Seems the Boss is the true LE. I only like the spinning platform though. Maybe I can get that mech from Stern or maybe one of our modders can make one for the pro. Not big into mods myself but the tach is cool. I would rather it be a Boost gauge but since those are pressure driven it would be hard to hook up to a pin.

#576 8 years ago

Plus...KISS doesn't have a Pinsider doing call-outs.
We got O-din !

#577 8 years ago

This is me and two of my best friends in the world back in the late '80s with my 1967 Convertible. The other is my son, my nephew and my dad just before he passed away. He used to collect and restore classic mustangs and had his own parts shop called Mustang Corral up in Burlington, Washington. Everyone in town called him "the mustang man".

1798151_10203100511091561_14938301_n.jpg1798151_10203100511091561_14938301_n.jpg

191208_1840759492938_168847_o.jpg191208_1840759492938_168847_o.jpg

#578 8 years ago

Trust me, when you start trying to actually COMPLETE Cruisin', you'll wish you had the CAUTION targets and the free shots they award. Having that be the only mode in the game that I know of that you have to complete TWICE to get to Silverball Stampede SUUUUUCKS....the second time around you have to shoot every shot IN ORDER, and then hit a moving shot that goes by faster and faster, and hit it three times. UGH. It's a tough bitch of a mode.

#579 8 years ago

what really? Whats the haps with the custom shit for this game. I see Steve Ritchie is in the chase mode.

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Trust me, when you start trying to actually COMPLETE Cruisin', you'll wish you had the CAUTION targets and the free shots they award. Having that be the only mode in the game that I know of that you have to complete TWICE to get to Silverball Stampede SUUUUUCKS....the second time around you have to shoot every shot IN ORDER, and then hit a moving shot that goes by faster and faster, and hit it three times. UGH. It's a tough bitch of a mode.

That sounds right up my alley. I love roaming shots. I loved them in TF too. Thats the Roppsters trade mark mode though.

#581 8 years ago

lol, I like it in TF too, honestly. But I think it moves substantially faster than the ones in TF did. I'm not sure, never owned TF. It's just a bit difficult in Mustang to time because the shots are either sucker shots (NOS targets and lane? Yeah..I'm not shooting those for that!), switches are WAAAAAY back in the orbit (Left and right orbit shots), or have a substantial delay (messenger ball in spinout) from when you hit it to when the switch is activated.

The only safe thing to do is to shoot the scoop over and over while the shot is roaming.

#582 8 years ago

I would love to see a good video of this game describing the modes like Bowen does. But I understand not everyone can play that good

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

#584 8 years ago

Frax, I know yer a busy guy. But we all know you're one of the best shots around. Would you have any beginners tips for us guys that aint livin anywhere close to your neighborhood ?

#585 8 years ago

Paul here are your shots

20150806_202712.jpg20150806_202712.jpg

20150806_202716.jpg20150806_202716.jpg

#586 8 years ago

Hooked can you do a boost gauge?

#587 8 years ago

I talked to Bowen looks like its in the works for a video. Couple months he says.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Your only over in Eau Claire, stop on over some weekend and play mine. That's a great price for a delivered NIB.

#589 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your only over in Eau Claire, stop on over some weekend and play mine. That's a great price for a delivered NIB.

Thanks. looking to get over there to sun ray and blaine before the snow flies. I play one over here on route. I just dont have much time with it. My big concern is resale down the line. Nothing for me is ever a keeper. I always rotate once a year or so trying to keep up with the nwest or newer stuff. I got metallica a year after it was out becasue I wanted fleshed out software.

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Paul here are your shots

20150806_202712.jpg 20150806_202716.jpg

Ohhhh that does look nice.

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Thanks. looking to get over there to sun ray and blaine before the snow flies. I play one over here on route. I just dont have much time with it. My big concern is resale down the line. Nothing for me is ever a keeper. I always rotate once a year or so trying to keep up with the nwest or newer stuff. I got Metallica a year after it was out becasue I wanted fleshed out software.

Well make sure you look me up, I know you'll like the way mine is modded.

#592 8 years ago

Hopefully They need a to fix the multiball tilt bug soon.

#593 8 years ago

Not a mod guy at all. I like them stock for the most part.

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Not a mod guy at all. I like them stock for the most part.

Curiosity....are you a pro pinball tables only or a fan of le? To me mods are lifting interaction not taking away much likenthe LE machines. Mods done the right way are an asset imo.

#595 8 years ago

to me alot of it is like a Honda just stickers that add no hp. Sorry just the way I am. the tach is cool but other stuff just reminds me of rice. I dont like leds in games designed for bubs either. I think allot of it is just silly but again that's me. I dont pay extra for mods and like a car stereo in a car I want to buy i would sooner it taken out than me pay for it. the engine is my radio and the same could be said for pinball.

I am a purist with cars too. I will add periord correct aftermarket stuff but thats it. Did a analog turbo setup on my 240z with triple webers because it was period correct.

No offense to you or anyone I just think things like n20 bottles or led strips or even mirrror blades look silly but again thats me.

please dont take it the wrong way. Its cool other people want to do it to their game its just not for me. I can appreciate and respect everyones work

#596 8 years ago

I can do a rundown of Mustang rules...it won't take that long. Hell, I have half of it written on a facebook PM to someone that asked for advice prior to Pinburgh.

My suggetstion for noobs is to go for 5th or 6th gear. One super jackpot can win a game. Also, don't shoot the ramp for super jackpots unless you just HAPPEN to get it. The captive ball does the exact same thing and won't come back STDM.

*Edit* It's not going to show up tomorrow or the next day...I'm working like 70 hours this week and I have some fun stuff lined up early next week that takes precedence.. I'll try and see if I can have it up sometime in the next week.

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Mustang Corral up in Burlington, Washington.

Hey I've bought Mustang Parts there.

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can do a rundown of Mustang rules...it won't take that long. Hell, I have half of it written on a facebook PM to someone that asked for advice prior to Pinburgh.
My suggetstion for noobs is to go for 5th or 6th gear. One super jackpot can win a game. Also, don't shoot the ramp for super jackpots unless you just HAPPEN to get it. The captive ball does the exact same thing and won't come back STDM.
*Edit* It's not going to show up tomorrow or the next day...I'm working like 70 hours this week and I have some fun stuff lined up early next week that takes precedence.. I'll try and see if I can have it up sometime in the next week.

I've been in the process of compiling a detailed set of Mustang rules/strategy tips and currently have a 20+ page document that I was hoping to post soon. I still need to fill in various blanks by finishing the "glass off" research on my game. I'll shoot for posting my draft after this weekend for you and others to add to as needed. One thing I'm not currently clear on are any rule differences (such as getting Mustang letters) on the Pro version as I've only played LE's so far and haven't had the time to fully check out Pro gameplay videos.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

the engine is my radio

Funny you should say that, that's the way it is with my Mustang (car) also. But I miss a good stereo when the cars not moving.

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Funny you should say that, that's the way it is with my Mustang (car) also. But I miss a good stereo when the cars not moving.

Thats when the music turns into air tools

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 2,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-ride-the-pony-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.