image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 205.
#9951 3 months ago

That looks better lit up red. How do you like the blue dragon? I was on the fence with that one.

blockquote cite="#7992418">Lit up? Yes. Better? Maybe not.
After I got that blue dragon mod for the left ramp that's out there, that has leds under it's wings, I decided to put some leds I had left over from doing my own troll eyes mod, under the wings of the red dragon. It's not great but kind of matches the blue dragon. I think I just alligator clipped it to a GI.
You can kind of see it in this gameplay video of my MMRLE:

#9952 3 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

That looks better lit up red. How do you like the blue dragon? I was on the fence with that one.
blockquote cite="#7992418">Lit up? Yes. Better? Maybe not.
After I got that blue dragon mod for the left ramp that's out there, that has leds under it's wings, I decided to put some leds I had left over from doing my own troll eyes mod, under the wings of the red dragon. It's not great but kind of matches the blue dragon. I think I just alligator clipped it to a GI.
You can kind of see it in this gameplay video of my MMRLE:

Overall I like it. It's a beast and dominates that area of the playfield. When I was installing it I was like there's no way the glass is going to fit over this, but sure enough it does(just barely). The only real downside is it kind of obscures some of the castle ball lock inserts from view(at least from my viewing angle). Not a big deal though and I think it adds a lot to the playfield. But, as you can tell, I'm mod happy.

Side note, I don't know if you noticed or caught in the video, but because I'm using pinstadium fusions, I have individual flasher colors set to go off for left and right ramps. Blue for left, red for right, so they match the dragons. Kind of a cool added effect.

#9953 3 months ago

Me:

IMG_20240123_061308 (resized).pngIMG_20240123_061308 (resized).png
#9954 3 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

nor am I clear on the intended mfg's use

The picture is of the turret, upside down. Same as what is already in the game.

LTG : )

#9955 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The picture is of the turret, upside down. Same as what is already in the game.

Will that's lame!
Add a vote for the decal!

#9956 3 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Has anyone lit up the red dragon on the right ramp better? I know there is a white led board under it but kinda gets lost.

Here’s mine lit up. The camera exaggerates the leds a bit.

IMG_0372 (resized).jpegIMG_0372 (resized).jpeg
#9957 3 months ago

That looks great! Is it LEd strips? Is this something you are offering as a mod? I just installed your RGB trough mod last night!

Quoted from Lermods:

Here’s mine lit up. The camera exaggerates the leds a bit.
[quoted image]

#9958 3 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

That looks great! Is it LEd strips? Is this something you are offering as a mod? I just installed your RGB trough mod last night!

Not offering it officially, but if anyone wants a set, happy to make them up. Just reach out via pm.

#9959 3 months ago

Lermods

Which undercab light kit would I need for an MMRLE?

Thanks

#9960 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

@Lermods
Which undercab light kit would I need for an MMRLE?
Thanks

We don’t offer it for the LE, sorry. The one we offer is tied into the speaker lights on the se and re. If you want a non-interactive setup, reach out to me via pm.

#9961 3 months ago

Any other suggestions for a topper out there? Not getting the KOP one as I am not paying 2k for it.

Not really wild about the modfather one, the laseriffic one either. Not sure if anybody else has any creative alternatives.

Thx

#9962 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any other suggestions for a topper out there? Not getting the KOP one as I am not paying 2k for it.
Not really wild about the modfather one, the laseriffic one either. Not sure if anybody else has any creative alternatives.
Thx

I just picked my MMr classic up Sunday. I'm thinking the modfather one is the best starting point for what is available. PPS does have the light control board that the KOP and the CCr toppers use. I'm thinking of running those outputs to my own leds to make an interactive topper. I am also going to add some 3d printed trolls and make the eyes light on the dragon.

Does there exist a schematic for the MMr implementation of the topper3 board?

Right now I'm going off the CCr manual and cross referencing pictures from this thread to guess the outputs. If such document doesn't exist, i will just brute force it, it seams they are dumb LEDs, so isn't too hard.

#9963 3 months ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

I'm thinking of running those outputs to my own leds to make an interactive topper.

Please be careful of anything you do. I'm tired of people modding their games and blowing them up and having to open a support ticket.

#9964 3 months ago

My only comment would be what good is the topper board and cables without the topper? Can it even be used in another capacity?

And I am not trying to risk messing up my game either someone else can be the test subject just trying to understand it is all.

#9965 3 months ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

I just picked my MMr classic up Sunday. I'm thinking the modfather one is the best starting point for what is available. PPS does have the light control board that the KOP and the CCr toppers use. I'm thinking of running those outputs to my own leds to make an interactive topper. I am also going to add some 3d printed trolls and make the eyes light on the dragon.
Does there exist a schematic for the MMr implementation of the topper3 board?
Right now I'm going off the CCr manual and cross referencing pictures from this thread to guess the outputs. If such document doesn't exist, i will just brute force it, it seams they are dumb LEDs, so isn't too hard.

Page 141 this is what your looking for

IMG_1308 (resized).pngIMG_1308 (resized).png
#9966 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please be careful of anything you do. I'm tired of people modding their games and blowing them up and having to open a support ticket.

That's why i would like a schematic. along the lines of 3-14 in the CCr manual.

Quoted from GCS2000:

My only comment would be what good is the topper board and cables without the topper? Can it even be used in another capacity?

control boards are just that, they control stuff. using the outputs, it's possible to control similar leds with whatever the factory programing is.

#9967 3 months ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

That's why i would like a schematic. along the lines of 3-14 in the CCr manual.

control boards are just that, they control stuff. using the outputs, it's possible to control similar leds with whatever the factory programing is.

Well I would be interested in your results as it could open the door for others to use different toppers (like you mentioned) since the official one is unobtanium except for big big money.

#9968 3 months ago

If anyone has an exploding tower assembly or a complete set of the tower sculpts to sell please PM.

Edit found one

#9969 3 months ago

Asking this again for an MMRLE if I am getting protectors should I get the full Cliffy set AND the full Mantis set - are there any overlaps in the kits (seems like it but I could be wrong)?

And a MMRLE did not come with any factory protectors did it?

Thanks

#9970 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Asking this again for an MMRLE if I am getting protectors should I get the full Cliffy set AND the full Mantis set - are there any overlaps in the kits (seems like it but I could be wrong)?
And a MMRLE did not come with any factory protectors did it?
Thanks

It did not.

I have the full cliffy and added the mantis castle lock and Merlin. You can mix and match but not sure what else mantis makes

#9971 3 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It did not.
I have the full cliffy and added the mantis castle lock and Merlin. You can mix and match but not sure what else mantis makes

Mantis

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9972 3 months ago

I use a combo of both protectors. The merlin one is a little tricky to install but great when you do.

#9973 3 months ago

Talk to me MMRLE owners.

I am picking up my game this weekend and my Hyundai Santa Fe has just under 32" of clearance in the opening (plenty more once inside) once I remove the rubber mat.

What is the height of this game with the head folded down - am I going to make it?

Please know I was unable to transport a GZ Pre in this car it had to hang out the back end for the 80 minute ride home.

I also have to get a JJTPOTC in it for the trip down but based on measurements it should fit but will be tight (I think 1/2" clearance). Won't know for sure until I attempt to load it up (dreading this due to sheer weight).

#9974 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Talk to me MMRLE owners.
I am picking up my game this weekend and my Hyundai Santa Fe has just under 32" of clearance in the opening (plenty more once inside) once I remove the rubber mat.
What is the height of this game with the head folded down - am I going to make it?
Please know I was unable to transport a GZ Pre in this car it had to hang out the back end for the 80 minute ride home.
I also have to get a JJTPOTC in it for the trip down but based on measurements it should fit but will be tight (I think 1/2" clearance). Won't know for sure until I attempt to load it up (dreading this due to sheer weight).

Given the cost of these machines, I would just rent a truck or SUV for the trip. Small amount of money for peace of mind and easier loading/unloading.

#9975 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Talk to me MMRLE owners.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

Based on your previous experience, I'd have some reservations.
Based on flat, legs off...
Widest point is 28" 3/4, tallest: 29" 3/4, longest: 53"
Topper doesn't make it longer, I simply wasn't going to remove for photo

20240126_114457 (resized).jpg20240126_114457 (resized).jpg20240126_114507 (resized).jpg20240126_114507 (resized).jpg
#9976 3 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

[quoted image][quoted image]

And be careful with the backglass/translight. It wanted to pop out upon raising the back box

#9977 3 months ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Given the cost of these machines, I would just rent a truck or SUV for the trip. Small amount of money for peace of mind and easier loading/unloading.

Have a truck, no cap and not wiling to

Quoted from WillM:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks

Based on those dimensions there is clearance and MMR will fit for sure. Length and width are not an issue for this car only the height and that is 31 1/2" and maybe a touch more.

Seems like POTC will be the tighter fit of the 2. Nothing can be underneath the game to help it slide easier as I need all the space I can get.

And yeah WPC games (even remakes) always have that translite fall out on lift up. Drives me nuts. I usually shrink wrap the head one or two wraps before lowering and full wrapping the game.

Appreciate the pics and dimensions.

#9978 3 months ago

Also have to wonder if there is a forthcoming MMR rerun announcement about to hit since CGC has officially started shipping PF (announced on FB today).

Just hope they make the upgrade kits again since I am going forward with this MMRLE deal.

#9979 3 months ago

Happy to help. I think you can post your findings on the pin wiki and help other Hyundai Santa Fe owners with your model year info.

#9980 3 months ago

They did say they would do another run of MMR just behind schedule.

#9981 3 months ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

They did say they would do another run of MMR just behind schedule.

Yep just a weee bit.

Question is what promise will they give now that they don't meet? That's always they concern with CGC. You will get a good well built game but no idea when you will get it.

#9982 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yep just a weee bit.
Question is what promise will they give now that they don't meet? That's always they concern with CGC. You will get a good well built game but no idea when you will get it.

ya, they did say they'd run kits too. I love having them all on...so good.

#9983 3 months ago

Yeah being on time is not their thing. Im sure they’ll tun kits too.

#9984 3 months ago

Well after 12 hours on the road much of it in the rain the game I never thought I would own is finally home.

Got a few games in before tearing into it for some troll eyes which I will finish tomorrow. Happy she is here and look forward to many long evenings together haha.

IMG_8562 (resized).jpegIMG_8562 (resized).jpeg
#9985 89 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well after 12 hours on the road much of it in the rain the game I never thought I would own is finally home.
Got a few games in before tearing into it for some troll eyes which I will finish tomorrow. Happy she is here and look forward to many long evenings together haha. [quoted image]

Nice!!!
Congrats!!

#9986 89 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Got a few games in before tearing into it for some troll eyes which I will finish tomorrow. Happy she is here and look forward to many long evenings together haha. [quoted image]

Nice indeed!
Curious to know more about the lighting in front of the main turret - I like it! What is it?

#9987 89 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Nice indeed!
Curious to know more about the lighting in front of the main turret - I like it! What is it?

I assume you mean the barrel light in the upper right area?

That's just a spotlight with a barrel cover on it. I cannot take credit for that as it came from another pinsider @mrsiyufy. Excellent person who has been a tremendous help to me on many levels.

The lights on the sides are DIY pinstadiums which I am not 100% sold on them just yet. I may switch out to the real neos which are lot smaller. These do work fairly well though.

#9988 89 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I assume you mean the barrel light in the upper right area?
That's just a spotlight with a barrel cover on it. I cannot take credit for that as it came from another pinsider @mrsiyufy. Excellent person who has been a tremendous help to me on many levels.
The lights on the sides are DIY pinstadiums which I am not 100% sold on them just yet. I may switch out to the real neos which are lot smaller. These do work fairly well though.

Not the barrel. The castle seems to be lit just beyond the gate, in front of the main / center tower.

I'm not a fan of Pin stadiums but, that's just, like, my, opinion, man.

Screenshot_20240129_105026_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240129_105026_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9989 89 days ago

Didn't notice that tbh. Will look it over when I get home tonight as I have not done anything to the game other than install my Trolls.

I just have to figure out where to connect the LEDs for them.

#9990 89 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Did they add the Williams logo below the DMD?

#9991 89 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Did they add the Williams logo below the DMD?

It’s a sticker you can get for the “normal” size dmd that shipped with the le

#9992 89 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It’s a sticker you can get for the “normal” size dmd that shipped with the le

Bingo! And it looks even better if it's on straight, unlike mine lol.

Screenshot_20240129_122807_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240129_122807_Gallery (resized).jpg
#9993 88 days ago

The CPR mirrored backglass - read some comments about it not fitting in the game.

Do I need to order new glass channel all around to get it to fit?

#9994 88 days ago

Can anyone tell me where to find the 12v flasher for the trolls? I need to hook up my new led trolls and that is where I am told they should go but I have no idea where that is tbh.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it

#9995 87 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

The CPR mirrored backglass - read some comments about it not fitting in the game.

I got a CPR back glass for my T2. I had to order system 11 glass channels. They fit like a glove. Not sure if that would work in this situation.

#9996 87 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I’ve heard they don’t fit the stock channels. I’d just order new channels with it.

#9997 87 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’ve heard they don’t fit the stock channels. I’d just order new channels with it.

Thanks.

Just order the channels for the game itself or do I need bigger ones as suggested above?

#9998 87 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks.

Just order the channels for the game itself or do I need bigger ones as suggested above?

Mine was super tight but I was able to use the factory channels that were on my MMr. The mirrored BG is awesome!

#9999 87 days ago

I have the mirrored glass and love it on my MMr. I think I used the sys 11 channels.

#10000 86 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Not the barrel. The castle seems to be lit just beyond the gate, in front of the main / center tower.
I'm not a fan of Pin stadiums but, that's just, like, my, opinion, man.
[quoted image]

As promised even though I am a few days late it appears to be a led strip connected to a GI bulb. It almost looks like a Lermods trough light to me.

IMG_8566 (resized).jpegIMG_8566 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/200?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.