IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsiyufy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8392 3 years ago

I’m looking into the XL display, RGB lighting and King of Payne topper for my MMR LE. I see those for sale but I don’t see anyone selling the control board. Is that included with the XL display or one of the other upgrades ?

1 week later
#8401 3 years ago

Just got a 2015 LE and I’m getting a lot of bounce over and rejects from the Merlin hole are there any adjustments or tweaks to help it capture the ball?

#8404 3 years ago

I added the RGB GI and the XL display. I’m trying to remove the RGB speaker light wires from the molex connector below so I can add them the RGB plug so I’m not stuck with just blue speaker lights. What is the best way to remove the wires from the molex plug without damaging the pins.
5DBE1747-E661-465E-960A-9CE52290C4FC.jpeg5DBE1747-E661-465E-960A-9CE52290C4FC.jpeg

#8406 3 years ago

Thanks LTG worked perfectly!

#8407 3 years ago

Can anyone please tell me where to find the Williams logo and the process of how to add it to the XL display? Thanks so much!

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the MBR thread for logo. Instructions in the MBR manual. You can download from the CGC website.
LTG : )

Found it! Installed and working - thanks AGAIN LTG

#8411 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The GI kit has a main board the topper plugs into.

oh neat, didn't know this was a thing..... I finally got around to ordering the topper and XL....mmmm going to be a sexy mmr. I got some parts for the pops rgb....see how it goes.

Installed the Topper, XL Display with speaker RGB working and Subwoofer and installed the RGB strip and the back of the cabinet all working perfectly. Just have to do the rgb under the playfield to complete it.

I highly recommend the pinball supernova install video for anyone attempting the install - every potential issue they brought up I had- saved me a lot of time.

#8413 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have skimmed their video a few times. Don't recall what exact issues, as I have only installed the gi kit, which i ran into some issues on. I'll check it out again, but yeah, i'll need to hook up the speaker rgb as well.

Main issues were -
subwoofer screws are too short
The board mounting location per template was too low for topper wires to reach
You have to remove the knocker to install the topper

One thing not mentioned - the topper sits too far forward. Hangs over front edge almost half an inch I moved the template back just a little before I drilled the holes

#8416 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I ran into this issue as well and still need to get longer ones. What size did you use?

I’m not sure I took the original screw to Home Depot and bought them 1/4” longer

#8417 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

which version of MMR do you have? I guess there are different board sets used in the game as well? Like the original LE run vs the standards etc.

I have an original run LE. The kit includes different mounting templates based on which board you have. The template for the original run games sets the RGB board an inch and a half to low for the topper cables to plug in. I just completed the RGB lighting upgrade and there is more than enough slack on those cables to move the board higher to accommodate the topper.

For the RGB upgrade I highly recommend reading a few pages back on this thread there is a post about using a molex connector instead of wire nuts which works perfectly and gives a factory appearance.

#8418 3 years ago

On the power switch board in the bottom of the cabinet there is a plug to accept a PC power cord what is that used for ?

#8420 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Service outlet. Trouble light. Solder iron. Nuclear reactor.

Thanks that’s what I was hoping - so I can just put a gender changer like the one linked below on it and use it?

StarTech.com 1ft Standard Computer Power Adapter Cord (IEC 60320 C14 Male to NEMA 5-15R Female) - 10A - Black - Wall Power to PDU, Monitor & Computer AC Power Cable (PAC100) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00066HQ50/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6V4D8PQ3KQCEXQYKVMNP

#8423 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

For the pop bumper lights? Iirc that was the only spot for wire nuts....
Oh man well I forgot where I mounted my board relative to the template.... parts come next week, I guess we shall see!

Yes kind of on pop bumpers. When instructions say to leave gi strings R2 and R3 hanging, instead of cutting all of the wires at the terminal block and using wire nuts, just cut the wire as close as you can to the last light sockets in each of these strings. Solid yellow and solid orange go together and connect to grey on the supplied cable. White with orange stripe and white with yellow stripe go to white on the supplied cable. That cable plugs in to the nearest node board and then you can leave the pop bumpers as is no need to cut them free from the terminal block .

Look at post # 7810 in this forum for step by step pictures.

There were also wire nuts for the sub woofer but I just desoldered the wire from old subwoofer and soldered to new subwoofer

#8424 3 years ago

What’s the proper way to remove the Troll assemblies so I can do the troll eye mod. Thanks

#8427 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Does anyone know what size screw holds the switches in place for the ramps? I am missing one of them.
[quoted image]

I believe it’s a #2-56 x 1/2”

#8432 2 years ago

What are the correct color bulbs for the 2 spotlights near the castle ?

#8436 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pretty sure “yellow” but I’ll go look
Edit: look yellow ish/orange.
[quoted image]

Thanks! When mine came it had the correct yellow lights and I noticed a few screen shots on pinside where the owners changed them to white, so I thought mine may have been incorrect and switched to white which are too bright. Defiantly switching back.

#8439 2 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Wired up the pops today, bit of work but well worth the effort
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Where did you find the rgb lights for the pops?

#8452 2 years ago

I installed the RGB GI kit and am wondering if it would be okay to plug one of the original GI strings back into the board and use it to power some mods that plug into 6.3v ?

#8454 2 years ago

Painted the speaker trim gold to match the armor.

473DD2C0-91E5-49E6-B826-D110AB62DAB2 (resized).jpeg473DD2C0-91E5-49E6-B826-D110AB62DAB2 (resized).jpeg
#8458 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

what logo do you have in your dmd?
the color speaker trim looks great!

I have a Williams logo that I found in the monster bash remake thread

#8460 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yup, they are blue unless you do the "mod"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151#post-5909393

Mmm, ya me too. Kinda lovin it. I need to do my rgb pops, but my mantis castle lock and merlin protectors came in....ohhhh man what a gem of a game.

I need to do the RGB pops too. I went with a carbon fiber cliffy for the Merlin and have a mantis on the way for the castle.

#8467 2 years ago

My castle back door is missing one of the screws. Looks like they go in from the bottom up. Does anyone have the procedure for removing the front of the castle so I can replace that screw ?

#8469 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Take the two tower tops off. One screw each. Then pull the castle front straight up. That's it.

Thanks LTG!

Much easier than my way. I removed the moat from below and can see the screws. I’m going to put it back together and remove the castle per your instructions.

#8482 2 years ago

Could someone please tell me how to remove the exploding tower assembly? Thanks so much

#8484 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I could tell you. But then I'd have to kill you so the secret doesn't get out.
Look straight down at the towers. See the four screws holding the metal base on ? Cut outs in the clear plastic so you can get in there to remove them.
Remove the four screws. Then the whole shebang easily lifts off in one unit. Easy to work on at a table or work bench. Easy to put back in. Stick it in there, replace the four screws.
Done deal. Enjoy your game.

Thanks so much LTG!

1 month later
#8524 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:Noone knows, or the topper isn't shorter?
"Yes."
Someone DOES know, or the topper IS shorter?
.. I'm going to put Clue on now.

My king of Payne topper is roughly 7 7/8 tall. Maybe someone in the MB forum can measure that one

#8526 2 years ago

I have a MMR LE with the xl display / enhanced sound installed and during game play it sounds like most if not all of the audio is coming from the right speaker. Is this normal ?

#8528 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

Had the same thing when I installed the XL display kit. The Speaker Adapter cable provided does not work correctly with some machines. I cut off the connector closest to the display (.062) to make it easier to try different combinations. The attached diagram is what worked for me (Grey from display to Grey/Yellow, Grey/Black from display to Grey, and Grey/Yellow from display to Grey/Black). You might avoid cutting the molex connector off if you can remove the pins and rearrange them.
This is what worked for me.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Will give it a try and repot back.

#8529 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

Had the same thing when I installed the XL display kit. The Speaker Adapter cable provided does not work correctly with some machines. I cut off the connector closest to the display (.062) to make it easier to try different combinations. The attached diagram is what worked for me (Grey from display to Grey/Yellow, Grey/Black from display to Grey, and Grey/Yellow from display to Grey/Black). You might avoid cutting the molex connector off if you can remove the pins and rearrange them.
This is what worked for me.
[quoted image]

Exact same wire combo fixed mine too. Thanks so much !

#8531 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

Great. Glad it worked out. Amazing how much better it sounds when both speakers actually work!
Makes me wonder if other people don’t realize they’re only getting sound from one speaker….

When I first got the game I had it in my garage while I installed the topper, RGB kit and XL display And never noticed until I moved it into my game room. In the smaller space between other games. It took me almost two months to notice.

#8533 2 years ago

The molex connectors in the image are labeled right left and common. I removed the male molex pins from the connector inserted them into the female connector and verified the rewiring worked then put them back into the molex connector In the correct order.

An alternative would have been to desolder the wires from the back of the speakers and correct them there

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#8535 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

If you have an LE do not use the PCB board mounting templates they wont work well for you; also verify your topper mounting template before drilling any holes or your topper may extend beyond the front of your head.
Other thoughts:
My kit contained a 1-1/4" hole saw. I did contact CGC about this and they said "we ran out of the 1-1/2" hole saws but the one included in the kit is high quality and will work fine." It was made in China so I just threw it away.

There is a great install video of the topper/ XL display / RGB kit on an LE by pinball supernova. They show all of the issues and I ran into every one of them on my own install.

#8537 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Interesting, I am not at home to check my sound but will have to check this out when I get home in a week. I have a sub hooked up to my MMRLE so I have not noticed if sound is only coming out of one speaker.

I believe the issue only effects MMRLE with the XL display installed. Both speakers worked on the original display.

#8540 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

Issue is not just the LE. I have a Standard game, and after installing the XL display I was disappointed with the sound quality and within a few minutes realized only the right speaker was working. I contacted CGC and they said it was an “anomaly” affecting some games. I asked for the schematic for the adaptor cable and modified the connections per their suggestion. Don’t know how widespread the problem is, hopefully it’s rare.

If I remember correctly when I installed the XL display it came with a small adapter cable to go between and connect the 3 pin molex to the 4 pin molex connector and it was labeled as if needed in the instructions. I’m thinking all the games that need the adapter cable might need re wiring.

#8542 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Interesting, I am not at home to check my sound but will have to check this out when I get home in a week. I have a sub hooked up to my MMRLE so I have not noticed if sound is only coming out of one speaker.

Just played a game after fixing the speaker wiring anomaly and in addition to the left speaker now working there is a lot more bass from the cabinet subwoofer. At times I couldn’t tell if it was the sub or the shaker motor.

1 week later
#8548 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I just checked the sound in my MMRLE with XL display installed and the sound is equal out of both speakers. I have not looked at the wiring but when I installed it I just followed the directions. Wonder if there was an issue that was discovered and corrected. I ordered and installed my XL display about 4 months ago.

Interesting, I ordered and installed mine last month - but I’m not sure of the build date of my kit. Also I think only the games that need the optional speaker adapter potentially have the issue.

#8556 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

If I understand correctly, I have to swap the grey and grey yellow wires. At the speaker g and gb are on neg and gy is on pos.

I removed them all from the molex connector and and plugged them in first to confirm it worked then reseated into the molex

#8561 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is there a thread or talk anywhere of putting the XL display on a "classic" remake (any of them)?
I opened mine up today and similar to the Arcade 1up arcades, it is a basic video conversion box that takes inputs to the lcd panel plug. I have never seen the baords/plugs used on a classic version of the game, but since they use lcd's this upgrade to a XL should be pretty simple.....

I upgraded a 2015 LE to the XL display - I had to upgrade the firmware in order for it to work correctly. I only had mono color so I bought the color chip now it all works as expected.

I would defiantly update the firmware before install.

Pinball supernova has a great install video

2 weeks later
#8586 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

How thick is the foam that you used? I tried thin (~1/16" thick) and that did not help much.
Did you put it on the whole 90 degree arc? Or just the more vertical part where the ball would impact?
Thanks so much for your advice!

I defiantly need this also

#8593 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

This game is just awesome. Having so much fun adding mods and a little bling to it. I’m considering a midnight blue candy/powder coat also. I’m adding the LED strips behind the castle tomorrow. I added speaker lights today, but need to adjust them so the wire isn’t showing. Still looks fantastic. I love the wizard mod with the blue crystal ball in his hand. So many cool mods for an already loaded game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

XL display is a must have- also comes with the speakers already lit. The RGB lighting is great too and a pretty fun install. I also did red led troll eyes.

#8595 2 years ago

I regret not doing this when I had the chance. Now the kits are sold out. Apparently CGC won't be making anymore.

Hopefully when they do another run of games they will do a few more kits too

#8598 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

The Red Troll eyes is one of my favorite upgrades!!! A must do!

I bought a set of trolls from planetary for $36 and ordered some 3mm 12v LED’s and wired them directly to the flashers. $40 total to DIY the trolls. Or $4 if you don’t buy and extra set of trolls.

#8612 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

He had one, SOLD 10 minutes before I called! Grrrrrr

I know they sell individual rgb led modules on the planetary pinball site if you really wanted to get into it you could make a harness - you just need one of the boards that comes with the rgb kit / topper or xl display to connect them to. I’m sure a bunch of people that bought the kits one at a time have the extra boards to sell.

These are the lights they use:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-LMP-LEDRGB&Category_Code=GS-9991

And these are the style connectors:

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/idc-connectors/5354879/

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8614 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Umm............. He's looking for the topper.

Oh…. Ooops - When I saw Kingpin games mentioned I thought it was the guy who was looking for the RGB kit last week.

1 month later
#8732 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

On the waiting list for a MMR SE. While I wait 2 years (wishing time to speed up) I thought i’d collect some upgrades. So far managed to get a Topper, shaker motor, & missing middle plastic piece.
I can see in the instructions for the topper it says version 2 machines have the holes pre drilled. Does that mean all future machines will have this (I would love to not have to drill holes myself). Also on the circuit board I can see two fuses are missing, does anyone know what fuses it takes?
Have many people upgraded the trim/armour or added mirror blades?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine doesn’t have fuses in all locations and works fine.

#8737 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

There’s two empty fuse holders, are yours like this pic?
[quoted image]

Yes,

I actually have two boards and both are the same. I ordered the topper, XL display and rgb light kit all at the same time and a board came with the RGB kit and the topper. Both had no fuses.

I watched the install video that pinball supernova put up and his board also has no fuses. So you are good to go.

#8745 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone know what these white tabs that hold the plastics are called and where to buy them?[quoted image]

Standoffs /spacers
Look here
https://www.pinballlife.com/spacersstandoffs.html

#8763 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Awesome. I got mine as I saw the fomo coming. But damn I love the idea of doing kits for the games so you can get a classic and slowly upgrade.

Hoping they do a kit to upgrade the pop bumpers to RGB

1 month later
#8827 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did anyone make a custom logo for the XL display (under the dmd) similar to the MBr ones? I have the CGC one, Williams but someone made a MBr one that looks similar to the right apron card of all the heads....looks pretty neat. Was thinking of scanning that or looking for some icon/logos but graphic design isn't my strong suit yet.

I used the monster bash one on my MMR

1 month later
#8846 2 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I have extra red IDC connectors (3-640440-4) to do the pops/jets RGB color mod below. Remember you need the CGC GI color upgrade installed for this to work. If anyone wants a set of 3, I'll send them in the US for $6 (PayPal) a set. PM me

I’m looking to add the “missing plastic” piece that goes in front of the castle gate. Are they still being made, and if so, where to buy?
Thanks!

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-400-0047-00

#8868 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

congrats!
directions are all in the box as well.
This video helps a lot though. will give you the gist of things. The only hard part was getting the hole for the topper lined up so that the topper was flush to the front of the head.

also redo the pins so you can get rgb speaker lights!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/129#post-5704119

Also you may need to rewire the speakers. After the upgrades some of us only had one speaker working.

1 month later
#9017 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

has anyone done the Royal Edition upgrades (RGB/Topper)? how big of a nightmare is it?

I did all 3. Not a problem at all. Pinball supernova did a youtube video and they had a few minor issues with the template for the topper. I had the same issues as them so the video was a great help. Also if you look thru the thread there is a wiring issue with the speakers that about half of us had (I did). You also have to wire the speaker lights on the xl display of you want them to be RGB, also not hard.

#9023 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Anyone make a custom pingulp with art for this machine? Could not find anything on the Google. I have my Deadpool one on there now.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3209406

This one looks good on MM

1 month later
#9102 2 years ago

I have a set of spot light covers and a cup holder that goes great with the MM theme. If anyone has any interest PM me. The spot lights are hand painted for a wood look. The cup holder can be mounted on the left or right by flipping the bracket.

542E1B24-269E-458F-A10F-E234D748AD74 (resized).jpeg542E1B24-269E-458F-A10F-E234D748AD74 (resized).jpeg6D936FA2-FBD7-4DDA-91C7-EEC0AFAD101A (resized).jpeg6D936FA2-FBD7-4DDA-91C7-EEC0AFAD101A (resized).jpeg7BCEFC1C-FAD4-49D0-9EE8-FD6908DC7E01 (resized).png7BCEFC1C-FAD4-49D0-9EE8-FD6908DC7E01 (resized).pngB584CD2B-093D-42AE-8398-D1A4CB3B8104 (resized).jpegB584CD2B-093D-42AE-8398-D1A4CB3B8104 (resized).jpegFF3DB69C-10CB-4584-9EF7-3585E22957EA (resized).jpegFF3DB69C-10CB-4584-9EF7-3585E22957EA (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#9242 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Weird. I used that to glue a red slipper back on a woz flipper bat over 5 years ago and it's still there in commercial use.

I put a few dabs of dollar store super glue on my flipper 18 months ago and still holding strong

#9244 1 year ago

I have a few sets of barrel spot light covers left. PM me if you are interested. They are hand painted and have real rope accents. The go right over the existing light with 3m adhesive and can be installed or removed in 10 sec.

890B8B64-9CF4-4457-A0B9-293E69D8CDF3 (resized).jpeg890B8B64-9CF4-4457-A0B9-293E69D8CDF3 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#9397 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Sorry. Basically yes, but I’m talking a big screen from ccr swapped into a formerly small screen mmr original le

There is a board you would need and also need the color chip in your small screen mm. The boards came with the screen, topper or rgb upgrade. So there are people who did 2 or all 3 of the upgrades that have extra boards

#9403 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

The small PCB doesn't come with the XL Display/Speaker kit, it only comes with the RGB GI and Topper and it's only required for those.

Thanks for the clarification!

1 week later
#9423 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Is $13,500 a fair price for an LE in great shape and low plays? (680). I had him at 13 even, and it magically squeaked up $500, after a week went by. No mods, except a color dmd added, which is confusing because I thought they all had color dmd’s as remakes. I wish there was a faqs page for all 6! Versions.

Pinball supernova has some great videos about upgrading the 2015 LE with the royal upgrades. I did all 3 upgrades to mine and had each of the issues he did. In addition when you do the xl display on the 2015 only one of the speakers works and you have to rewire them to get the 2nd channel. It’s detailed in this forum.

2 weeks later
#9461 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Yeah, good deal there..I saw this, and WOULD HAVE BOUGHT YOURS, if it were local..I ended up buying a very similar condition LE (black trim, 684 plays, color chip, 3D translite, not a scratch on it) for 13,500. He wouldn't budge..you have a better deal, and with a lot of extra mods I'd really like to have (GI kit for example)..needless to say, I'm still very happy! (and shipping such a nice machine always raises an eyebrow on how it would arrive). BTW, what does the 3.0 code do for the game, versus 1.0? and how would one upgrade or find the file to upload? I assume via usb slot?

You upgrade with the SD card slot
Firmware and instructions here
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update

3.0 adds support for the royal upgrades and corrects errors with custom logos

1 month later
#9474 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Don’t buy flipper swords they just come off. Not enough area to stay put. I tried to glue them on and still came off. Glue Ruined the flipper bats so had to replace those. Had swords on my black knight and also came off. Too small.

My flipper Swords have been on with no issues from day one. Installed with dollar store super glue. Flippers need to be cleaned with alcohol a few times and you are good to go.

#9476 1 year ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

Thanks for the replies I have seen lots of mention of the swords coming off. But I though they looked cool & Hooked has a limited supply so better to have them. That’s a good tip Mrsiyufy using alcohol to clean the bats , I will be sure to do that. I’ve seen others have mentioned using a better 3m adhesive replacing what they come with?
Does anyone on here have a King of Payne topper. I think it looks cool but was wondering whether it has an impressive light show effect. I can see it in videos, but would be good to here an owners opinion.
Also further back in the thread I see people mention using Cliffy’s full kit, then the Mantis with cobbles in front of the castle moat entrance. Is that the best set up?
It would be nice to hear some news regarding a run from Cgc, perhaps will have to wait until after xmas. Guess I should learn to be more patient!

I have the king of Payne topper/ xl display and RGB kit. It’s pretty cool when they all sync up the color. I’m not sure if I’d really notice the toppers rgb effect with out the rgb playfield lighting though.

#9494 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Hoping for some help. I have a MMR LE and was able to track down a topper for it, however the extra parts that come with it (topper pcb, hardware, wiring ect we’re all missing)
I was able to track down a topper pcb and made the wiring harness needed myself, now all I need to complete this and make it function is the coms connector and wiring.
I ordered an rj45 splitter off Amazon, and tried it with a couple of cat5 e cables I have laying around and it’s not working.
Does anyone happen to know the red cables that are included, are they just regular cat5 cables or perhaps crossover cables? Anyone have access to them to snap a pic of the writing on the cable it’s self?

Did you update to the latest code?

5 months later
#9688 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think they'd have CCR on both lines and at some point switch to PF.
I don't know for certain, just how I'd do it.

I would dedicate one line to PTC remake.

4 weeks later
#9759 11 months ago

I have 3 cup holders available $65 shipped. PM if you’d like one.

IMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2413 (resized).jpegIMG_2413 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#9775 10 months ago

Power on when I change the battery ?

2 weeks later
#9778 9 months ago

I’d like to finally do the rgb upgrade to my pop bumpers.

Questions for those who have done this:

I ordered the LED’s and clear caps from PPS. I have the red plug that plugs into the led.

How do I connect the wire to the red plug on the LED side ? And how do I tie into the wires for my RGB GI?

Thanks!

#9780 9 months ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Here are a couple of links to info from when I wired them up:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/169#post-6237837
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/171#post-6310460
Just buy a few feet of red, green, blue and white wire. Connect a foot of each to each red connector and route through the pop and zip tie down then connect 2 pops to string ‘right 3’ and one to string ‘right 2’, giving a total of 6 lights per string.

Thanks!

#9786 9 months ago

There’s now one more MMR with RGB pop bumpers! Thanks for all your help ktm450

IMG_4442 (resized).jpegIMG_4442 (resized).jpegIMG_4443 (resized).jpegIMG_4443 (resized).jpegIMG_4444 (resized).jpegIMG_4444 (resized).jpegIMG_4445 (resized).jpegIMG_4445 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#9830 8 months ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Is the RGB upgrade worth all the effort?It seems like a 3 to 4 hour install

Took me just over two hours to install. Wasn’t bad at all.

5 months later
#9968 83 days ago

If anyone has an exploding tower assembly or a complete set of the tower sculpts to sell please PM.

Edit found one

2 weeks later
#10012 65 days ago

Fire breathing dragon concept. I didn’t have a flickering 3mm LED on hand so I used a solid one to test. Concept works so I need to design a better flame than a stretched out cotton ball.

1 week later
#10044 57 days ago

I’m having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the damsel tower. After ball search it ejects. I adjust the switch arm and it works for a game or two then happens again. I suspect it’s time to replace that switch. Does anyone know where I can source the switch I can’t seem to find the mech in the manual

#10047 57 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the damsel tower. After ball search it ejects. I adjust the switch arm and it works for a game or two then happens again. I suspect it’s time to replace that switch. Does anyone know where I can source the switch I can’t seem to find the mech in the manual

I think I found it. Can someone confirm it’s this:

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-5647-12693-06

2 weeks later
#10110 37 days ago

Looking for a good spot to tap in to 12v for some lighting mods. Should I go straight to the power supply ?

#10112 37 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

That's what I did. I am running a buck converter off the psu to get 5v from the 12v. I put a fuse inline to make sure it doesn't get overloaded.

Thanks, is it yellow wire with the blue crimp the 12v and the ground the black directly to the left of it?

IMG_5406 (resized).pngIMG_5406 (resized).png
#10114 37 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Hi there…. It should say right on the PSU.. 12v or maybe V+? I am guessing the yellow wires are correct. You could always bust out the multimeter to be certain. The black will be ground.

Good point I’ll confirm with the meter to be safe.

#10116 37 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You've got 2 ground and 2 12v on the right 4 screws. Either is fine..on mine the left ones only had 1 space terminal each so I chose those

Thanks I did the same. Painted and lit castle towers work perfectly ! Should have pictures tomorrow as I had to pull the exploding tower assembly back out. Despite fitting snug the towers come loose from their mounts after a cycle or two. I’ll glue them with Goop as suggested by EStroh when he did his.

#10117 36 days ago

Painted lit castle and fire breathing dragon installed!

IMG_5407 (resized).jpegIMG_5407 (resized).jpegIMG_5408 (resized).jpegIMG_5408 (resized).jpegIMG_5410 (resized).jpegIMG_5410 (resized).jpegIMG_5411 (resized).jpegIMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
#10122 35 days ago

I bought a lot of medieval madness parts and it came with a Merlin mod that has the smallest LED I’ve ever seen lighting his crystal ball. The LED is red and I’d like to change it - does anyone know a good source for the micro LED’s ?

IMG_5413 (resized).jpegIMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
#10125 34 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Google “Evan Designs”. Lots of cool sh*t Ive used on projects.

Thank you! Ordered exactly what I was looking for. Pricing is really reasonable too

1 week later
#10129 24 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Havent been here for a couple years,where can I find the fire breathing dragon mod ?

I carefully drilled a small hole in the dragons mouth and ran a 12v 3mm candle flickering led which is covered by a piece of cotton. It’s a $2 DIY mod.

#10131 24 days ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Could u send a link or let us know what color you used thank you in advance

https://a.co/d/033cQsb

These will do the trick.

When drilling the dragon I really took my time I started with a small bit and worked my way up until the wires fit thru.

#10132 24 days ago

Here is the first test I did. This is a regular Amber led and not the flickering.

#10134 24 days ago

Very cool! Would love to see a video of the flickering version installed in your machine.

I’ll get a video shot tonight. I did LED’s in the castle towers as well.

#10136 23 days ago

Please include that too!

Video attached. The castle has the yellow candle flicker led Lights from Amazon that I linked above - the dragon has the same solid amber led from my prior video - I thought I switched it over but must have forgot too.

#10138 23 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

what are you using for power 12v battery ?

I ran 12v directly off of the power supply - you can see me asking about it at the top of this page.

2 weeks later
#10176 6 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Are the Red and Green trolls hard to find on this game?
I see the brackets are very hard to find; kinda surprises me.

Planetary has the trolls readily available
$22.50 green
$25.50 red

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsiyufy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.