149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzrider926.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4012 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Thinking about joining the club, possibly with the alleged summer batch.
Any tips or recommendations about grabbing one of these new?

Call distributors and see what’s available. I imagine you should be able to find one.

4 months later
#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

With the rumors of another run of MMR. Does anyone know if the pricing is still going to be higher than their other titles?
Thanks

I wouldn’t expect pricing to change for MMR. I would love for it to happen, as I want one too, but be prepared to pay 8k.

#4196 4 years ago

So whats the deal, price, limited availability, machines can be fully upgraded?

#4213 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

No way I'm paying $1650 to upgrade my already color MMr dmd display. How is this a good deal for current MMr owners? Feels like CGC and Planetary just vaulted on us.

It would only be 650 if you have the color chip already. The display with color chip is 1050.

#4265 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

New hobbyists don’t want “used”, HUO, or restored. The scene is much different than when we started collecting. Newbs want NIBs.

Hells yeah. 9 out of 10 newbs are saying they want the NIBs.

#4278 4 years ago

Thank you for posting that.

#4342 4 years ago

It’s going to be powder coated in the black diamond like the trim, etc.

2 weeks later
#4614 4 years ago

Looks fantastic.

1 week later
#4639 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Colorado game exchange sold out right away of the Royal editions
I was told 200 ?
Anyone hear anything different

Everything I heard was they weren’t disclosing numbers. Maybe they’re waiting on demand to determine the amount of RE’s they’ll make.

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is there a nice CGC video highlighting the Royal Edition? I’m interested in it but need to see it in person or a high definition close up video tour before spending that kind of money.

It’s an MMR with all of the upgrades (rgb lighting, shaker, topper, color upgrade, larger screen), and black metallic powder coat on the rails, coin door, hinges, and speaker panel. Also has a 2 year warranty like the last 2 LE’s.

1 month later
#4857 4 years ago

Maybe see if you can find someone willing to trade and get some time on an MMR. I think the only way I would sell or trade an original for a remake would be if my original wasn’t in decent shape. I’ve played originals, but not enough to make a fair comparison. I do have a MMR on order however and have the 2 other remakes.

3 weeks later
#4997 4 years ago

RE is priced higher so that everyone that wants all of the upgrades essentially pays the same price.

It was done to not piss off the original owners.

3 weeks later
#5238 4 years ago

Well if they are truly waiting on parts from overseas I could see this being an issue. Hopefully they got everything when they began building the SE’s. I still haven’t heard anything from my distributor since the update that they will begin shipping in March.

3 weeks later
#5315 4 years ago

Reached out to CGC. Didn't expect much, but did get this. Pretty much what the last couple of posts have alluded too.

"With everything that has been going on throughout the world, MMr Royal has experienced many delays.

Currently the state of Illinois is under a “stay at home” order from the governor. We will be resuming production lines as soon as we can ensure the health and safety of our employees and vendors."

1 week later
#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Same. I'll post pics here when it shows up.
"Royally" stoked!!

Yeah I got the same. Sounds like CGC is trying to start shipping them out in limited amounts as they can. Sounds like things can change given the current situation, but hopefully these start going out.

#5372 3 years ago

I was told that GCG is hopeful to get a few games shipped out either this week or next. They are requesting, at least thru the distributor I went thru, payments in small batches for machines to ship out. If there is any hiccups due to the uncertainty of everything then I can get a full refund until they are actually shipping.

#5375 3 years ago

Just heard from my distributor that they were told games should start shipping Friday.

#5387 3 years ago

Just heard game should ship on Monday.

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Congrats man, be sure to post pics when you get it. Had my deposit in since last July have not heard from my distributor yet.

Will do.

Every time I see your name it makes me think of Yoder smokers haha.

#5393 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

What version did you order?

I’m getting the RE.

#5396 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

I live in Wichita Kansas which is only 30 minutes from where the town of Yoder is which is a small Amish community where those smokers are made.

Yup I bought one a few years ago. Love that thing.

#5412 3 years ago

I think the games are already built and now they just need to start shipping them.

#5415 3 years ago

Just checked mine and it's supposed to arrive at the shipping terminal Wednesday. Guess Ill call tomorrow and schedule a delivery.

#5420 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Great for you- lets see the unboxing and game pics as it sounds like you may be the first to get the RE - lucky man

Coming tomorrow. FedEx called and scheduled today.

#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You're killin me! Mine was scheduled for delivery on thursday but now fedex says there's a frickin delay. Grrrrrrrr

Checked tracking just now and saw there was a delay this morning. But they did call and schedule delivery for tomorrow. Guess we’ll see at this point.

#5427 3 years ago

Mine is still showing that it's in Illinois as of 6PM. Kind of thinking I may not be getting it tomorrow. Ill check in the morning and see if it's updated and is any closer. Oh well, might be waiting another day or two.

#5428 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

FedEx hasn’t called but tracking shows tomorrow

Yeah that tracking is usually when the local hub will get it. You'll need to call and schedule them to deliver it to your house. Just remember it's freight so you'll have to find the number to your local Fedex Freight Facility.

When I ordered MBR I had to call. This time they called me.

#5448 3 years ago

Congrats and please get some pics. Mine was delayed at least a day. Hopefully I’ll get mine tomorrow.

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from BlazerB:

When I get mine I was going to do the blanket method. How do you tell which side to tilt when it is still in the box. This will be my 1st pin.

Box should be labeled. Couldn’t hurt to open up the top and just check them reseal it.

#5464 3 years ago

Well my game is apparently sitting on a train that has been delayed. So hopefully tomorrow I get it. If not it will hopefully be next week.

#5486 3 years ago

Congrats guys. Hoping to be doing the same tomorrow. Game finally moved out of Illinois and is in PA currently.

Also that black powder coats looks awesome.

#5498 3 years ago

I ordered from PPS and my game will arrive today.

#5503 3 years ago

Just dropped off #3 going by serial.

B53099BD-CE8A-449A-B1FC-9A01BD136BAD (resized).jpegB53099BD-CE8A-449A-B1FC-9A01BD136BAD (resized).jpeg
#5507 3 years ago

How do you install the topper? I don’t see how in the Manual and no cables are labeled.

#5512 3 years ago

I have an MBR LE too so Ill take a look at that. I noticed somebody figured it out already. Maybe mine just isn't labeled. There is 4 connectors coming off the topper.

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Screw holes on top.
Match up connectors with empty spots on the board. They are keyed, so you can't get one in a wrong spot. A little patience and you'll figure it out. And single connector match up wire colors on both sides.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd. I’ll take a look at it later on. Working from home so didn’t have a lot of time to mess with it.

#5517 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

We had this same question, thankfully the wire length kind of give a clue, and some of them are indeed keyed, but two had the same pinout.
Here is how we did it and it all checked out in the test menu, hope this helps...
[quoted image]

Thank you that will help a lot.

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I had the same questions on the AFM topper. There were no instructions so you ended up matching connectors and wire lengths

Yeah I remember messing with that and thinking what the hell haha. MBr was easy.

#5521 3 years ago

Thanks for the input, up and running now.

1BCDF61D-81B4-42B9-872A-211486E16152 (resized).jpeg1BCDF61D-81B4-42B9-872A-211486E16152 (resized).jpeg
#5522 3 years ago
073917D7-D39A-4D13-AF09-9D4AEB93166A (resized).jpeg073917D7-D39A-4D13-AF09-9D4AEB93166A (resized).jpeg265504EE-9A60-4F78-AC86-7526513F014A (resized).jpeg265504EE-9A60-4F78-AC86-7526513F014A (resized).jpeg6A5EF295-729A-4AC8-83A7-C1B83641A5A1 (resized).jpeg6A5EF295-729A-4AC8-83A7-C1B83641A5A1 (resized).jpegFCC72F3A-F1AA-4357-A198-A98835E5CCCF (resized).jpegFCC72F3A-F1AA-4357-A198-A98835E5CCCF (resized).jpeg
#5538 3 years ago

Kids are liking it.

761E8C8D-7479-4998-AFA0-121E0BD75834 (resized).jpeg761E8C8D-7479-4998-AFA0-121E0BD75834 (resized).jpeg
#5541 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

you have ERROR AT MMR
the dot after FREE PLAY indicates a problem

Yeah it was a switch error. It’s fixed now.

#5549 3 years ago

Congratulations, I’m loving mine.

#5601 3 years ago

Ordered thru PPS the morning after announcement.

#5636 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

My Royal Edition came today. It is my first NIB pin. For those who received their Royal did you get instructions for the topper? Did you guys get a key chain? My old LE came with one, I just figured that was standard. Last question I have a nick in the head that I noticed as soon as I opened it. Will CGC do anything about it?

No there isn’t any instructions. I asked this same question a few pages back. There is one post with a picture and another one explaining where the wiring goes.

3 weeks later
#6006 3 years ago

Got mine in about a week. Maybe a little more due to shipping be delayed by 2 days.

2 months later
#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I noticed that the MMR GI RGB UPGRADE KIT, MMR KING OF PAYNE TOPPER and MMR XL DISPLAY/SOUND UPGRADE have landed into the EU.
Just to check: isn't it so that these are not any limited edition and will be continuously available from CGC/Distributors?
I mean - can one wait with the purchase or should one buy right away?
Thanks for any info!

If I recall it was only the Topper that would be limited. But only in the sense that they’ll make enough for people that want them now, and won’t be doing another run. Who knows though.

2 weeks later
#6953 3 years ago

The CE is the standard just MMR is using the modeling of the other 2 remakes now.

2 months later
#7717 3 years ago

My MMRRE and MBRLE make the bong sound on startup but my AFMRLE does not. Did the original AFM do it?

2 months later
#8065 3 years ago

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this.

MM Meme (resized).jpgMM Meme (resized).jpg
6 months later
#8647 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wasn’t there a quick code update regarding flipper strength, screen tearing, audio cracking, or something minor like clock stuff in the beginning of the role out before the color update for the small screen? Does anyone remember?

You might be thinking of AFMR.

6 months later
#9042 2 years ago

Anyone ever have issue with the leds in any of the inserts? I noticed within the last month or so that the 3 Lock insert is dim. Its odd though as it will work for a bit then get dim, then get brighter. Hoping its something easy, lifted the playfield and didn’t see anything out if the ordinary.

#9044 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Could be one of those stupid bayonet bulbs. If so, take it out and open the wires up aroumd 90 segrees, make sure they align and are straight as well. Then reinsert. And hope for the best. Another trick is open the wires and wrap some electrical tape around the plastic then reinsert. Or the wires could just be too messed up and you need a new bulb.
Another issue is socket may have some problems.

I think these are surface mount 3 led banks.

#9047 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Have you tried re-seating the connectors on the board?

Yeah ill have to try that. Looking at it last night nothing looked loose.

#9050 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I've had in the lock 3 insert. 1 Led always flash and light a bit from day one when any of the other locks light are on. Brighter when flashers go off on my LE. I've never been able to fix it. With any reseating. But it's not a huge issue. Someday I might dig deeper into the LEDs on the board.

This is essentially what mine is doing in the same insert.

1 year later
#9685 12 months ago

I have both right next to each other and don’t feel they are to similar. Look good all lined up too.

3316386E-AF9B-4BFC-A783-AC25F8978E1D (resized).jpeg3316386E-AF9B-4BFC-A783-AC25F8978E1D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9716 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is there a no bs comparison opinion available between the remake and OG? I thought I had a really nice OG bought, but that went to crap, so exploring all options.

I own the remake and enjoy it. Ive played originals but nothing extensive. I would say just pick up either one if given the opportunity.

9 months later
#9925 70 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thx that is the sheet I was looking for but my google-fu was letting me down tonight
Still hoping to find one of these without having to pay 20k which I am never doing.

Is that what the RE’s are selling for? I’m not currently looking to sell but can’t believe they’re actually selling for that price.

#9928 70 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

If you were selling I would be coming to your house since you are basically local, lol.
There are Royals posted for 20k on pinside doesn't mean they sell for that but I am not paying that either. There was an MMRLE updated to Royal level in Canada that is pending it was listed for 16,500 but not sure of the final sale price.

Haha yeah not far at all. Yeah i’ve seen those listings but figured its a list high and widdle it down to what I really want/expect type listing.

1 week later
#9980 62 days ago

They did say they would do another run of MMR just behind schedule.

#9983 62 days ago

Yeah being on time is not their thing. Im sure they’ll tun kits too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzrider926.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=yzrider926 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.