c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 first pic Posted by SuperPinball (8 years ago)

Post #3445 anti scratch tape Posted by Jarbyjibbo (5 years ago)

Post #4945 differences on all MMR versions Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5853 Damsel trapper ball, Right troll trapped ball - fixes Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #6402 Speaker Kit and Widescreen upgrade manual Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2660 6 years ago

is there a trick for pulling the speaker panel out? Mine is "stuck" and doesn't want to lift.....

#2665 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Nope, should just lift, allowing you to pivot it forward....
You did remove the translite I presume....

Yeah, felt like something was holding the lcd down still...,

2 weeks later
#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Not sure if this has been discussed, but is it normal to see so much of the wood grain on the playfield through the graphics?

I think it is usual? I see it on my sterns as well. But as someone else asked, can you feel it or is it smooth?

#2783 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

About how long does it take to install the color upgrade
It’s been about 8 minutes and nothing has come up on the screen
Also where does the large chip go? It is not on the directions

What install steps have you done so far?

#2794 6 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Unfortunately I have no way to do anything with the small SD card I’ll call automated in the morning and see if he is can mail me out a new one

If I shipped you a micro to standard sd adapter, do you have a PC with the standard adapter?

As for install, yes you need the chip installed, the Sd card is only new software so the game should work even without the chip.

Have you tried you old Sd card again?

2 weeks later
#2866 6 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

I picked up my MMr yesterday! Everything seems to be running in tip/top shape. However, I wanted to check to see if the emulator software needed an update: http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr_update.php is there a way to check to see what version the emulator software is running at? At startup I only see 'Ye Olde Medieval Madness' logo and 'LOADING'. (btw, I'm just assuming that it is an emulator please correct me if I am misunderstanding the architecture)

I just did this and I forgot hahah.

If you go to the menu I know you can find it. There are versions listed for software, dmd software etc.

The new version should be on a nib game.

Here is the manual
http://www.chicago-gaming.com/Brochures/MMR_Manual_Rev_1_2.pdf

Page 31
Hold escape for ~4 seconds and you will get a cgc menu and that should list the software versions

180353BC-A4A4-404B-B6C5-77346DE99FCC (resized).png180353BC-A4A4-404B-B6C5-77346DE99FCC (resized).png

#2872 6 years ago

I have an LE, but I got mine so late, I'm not sure if it was built at CGC or stern...but ugh...it feels so so good. The quality on this mmr, gives me no hesitation to buy any other game they remake or recommend them. My gosh is it gorgeous.

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does your game have the F word, or a bleep?

bleep/beep, however he gets the f and maybe part of a u out.

#2884 6 years ago

Yeah, I asked about the swear rom before it was made and never heard a real answer from Rick, so I assumed no :/ Wish they would of put a adult mode in the code like stern.

#2892 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

MMR doesn't have ROMs. And PPS/CGC can't add swear words into Williams code.
LTG : )

Why wreck my hopes and dreams! I just yell the f word any way

1 week later
#2959 6 years ago
Quoted from Mattamoose:

Why not unscrew the switch from the bracket and reverse the sides (metal parts) ? If you don't know 100% what you are doing don't go adding new holes to a new playfield. Worse case call Chicago, or your distributor (Nitro? Tommy's awesome) they will help you out.

I agree, you shouldn’t have to drill new holes for a mount for a brand new game. Check with distro and/or cgc tech support

3 weeks later
#3031 6 years ago

Just got all the Cliffys installed. The one inside the castle isn’t bad at all! It looks bad but the moving towers remove super easy (4 bolts) and you can get in there easy peasy!

If you’ve been waiting, get er done!

#3036 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've been debating about installing protectors. This is my first machine, and I'm wondering if they're necessary. I know the game was a big expense (I'm not using the word investment!), but how often do shooter lanes, castle moats, catapults and other places show wear in moderate use?
I'd like to hear some opinions. Are protectors necessary on HUO, or do they let you sleep better at night.

It will wear it just is a matter of time and number of plays. All up to you. It was a small investment to have protection and doesn’t alter game play.

#3053 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I went with Mantis to protect the lip in front of the small castle entrance. Then I put in a full set of Cliffys minus the catapult. Might do it later on.
Cliffys aren't too tough to install. The one inside the castle is a little challenging, but you can always post questions and concerns here if you run into issues.

I did a full cliffy set. If you did the inner castle the catapult is easy! I do need to check into the mantis though.... also Amy Merlin protector?

#3068 6 years ago

Got my game working fully. Been a long time but finally took the left troll out, which is ultra easy btw. Black set screw and boom it’s apart. Adjusted the switch which was stuck close and put together.

The dmd/speaker panel was stuck to the head by the sticky foam that must of flipped. Pulled and adjusted. Now it slides in/out without sticking.

3 weeks later
#3136 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Same. So I've swapped keyless locks on all of my games.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2782

SO SICK OF KEYS getting lost, looking the same. My friend swaps to these...I have a bunch on order as all my games are being swapped, no real reason to have home use games on keys....yet. Once my kid can walk and turn things...I may be in trouble.

1 week later
#3162 6 years ago

With the pinbit Merlin protector is it harder to get in the scoop? I have all cliffys and the game plays great/same as stock. Not super worried but I do like to protect the game.

#3174 6 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks LTG. I'm still a pinball newbie when it comes to diagnosing and repairs but I appreciate the insight and will try to figure it out.
Is drawbridge test in the test settings? I'll try to check and see what I xan figure out tomorrow. My MMr had only been used 3-4 days at a small convention before I got it a few weeks back so kind of frustrated it came with this problem essentially out of the box.

Small adjustments are normal with pins, even nib. My machine did this exact same thing. Which I posted about, ran the test fiddled with the mech and it just started working. No diffinite answer to the repair but once you see where the gate starts to hang up with the glass off, you’ll get an idea on where to start

1 week later
#3194 6 years ago
Quoted from Sam40:

I am getting popouts on the catapult shot....
Sometimes it even happens when you hit the target in the back and get the gong....
Any adjustments available to not have this happen ?
The catapult shot is hard enough already....
Shelly

Isn’t there a 1way gate on it? See how the ball is getting back out. Huh. Weird, may have to take the glass off and use your fingers with the ball to monkey around with bounce outs

#3207 6 years ago
#3209 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Well said.....

Hahah. I posted something meant for another thread, but didn’t see a delete :-p

4 weeks later
#3358 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I just donated some $ to pinside because this site rules. And thanks to everyone for chirping in some solutions.. MM is the best game ever made!

I haven’t been in the mmr thread much lately, but I love hearing stories like this

I love the forum too. The help and experience on here is amazing

#3363 5 years ago

I saw a sticker some where.....

Must of been out of country or something I can’t find it

1 month later
#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

having issues with shots not registering when hitting the gate. I have checked the photo eyes and did the roll ball test. All registers in test mode. What I found was the draw bridge doesn't come down all the way. About 3/32 off the pf. A hard shot causes the ball to go air borne enough to go over the eye. A soft shot registers.
My question: is this a linkage or cam adjustment?

is your draw bridge catching on the way down? Mine was doing this out of the box. I didn't adjust but it started going all the way down, however it sure is close as heck on the left side. I may have to adjust.

4 weeks later
#3527 5 years ago

I got 2 balls stuck in the catapult last night for the first time ever. it tried a handful of times and finally 1 made it up and dropped to the lower ramp, so the 1st ball could launch.

#3535 5 years ago

So for some reason my MMR last night was super squirrelly and was flying balls around the pf like it was GB's.....

1 month later
#3566 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I should add that when this happened, when both flippers were energized, they both went to the rest position in the exact same symmetry.

Do you have a handful of games?

Are they all on the same circuit?

#3568 5 years ago

15 or 20amp breaker/circuit?

I’ve had some funny issues when all my games are on.... but not that on my mmr

#3570 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Flippers warmed up and plungers dragging in the sleeves.
Could be debris or just worn.
Coils stops grabbing the plungers.
File them flat again or replace.
Clean or Replace the coil sleeves?
Either way, remove the coil stops and inspect.

That was my first thought but after letting it sit it was fine the next day.... but for sure OP should check

#3572 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Cooled down then it appears.

Ghost of old trolls past.....causing a ruckus

1 year later
#4780 4 years ago

So the "exit" of the right orbit lane guide is directing the ball to the drain. I took a couple pics and it looks like the guide has a little twist/bend. When the ball is shot to the left orbit, rips around and comes out of the right orbit, where should the ball land? Left flipper or right flipper? How should this metal lane guide be? in front of the post or behind?

0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg0EBB2CDF-C0CC-4115-BEAB-5A60471E54D0 (resized).jpeg52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg52F32CC1-5E75-40B1-8E89-D1E086DC6339 (resized).jpeg
#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

The guide on My MMRLE sends the ball either into the right flipper (fast ball) or possibly into the right Slingshot (slower ball kicked out from the Merlin hole). Looks like your exit guide needs adjustment so the ball will not hit the rubber bumper.
Here is a picture from my MMR.
[quoted image]

Ya looks like the bottom of the guide needs to be bent/pushed out as it’s behind the rubber of the post. Thanks! I’ll check it out

#4787 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I just got My JP and I’ve had less issues than my CGCs. Also the side art appears to be better quality. Stern’s lockdown bar is better, they include a handle to get the game in the machine easier, and some other improvements. My CGC playfield are dimpled just like all the others. I get Stern has had some pooling issues which they should be criticized for, but they seem to have solved them.
I like my CGC games, but I’m just not seeing a noticeable difference in quality.

I have dimpling on the pf of mmr but the cabinet is way better build than my GB prem

9 months later
#7421 3 years ago

I forgot to look at my game, I have a few Beagle board blacks laying around from projects but I wanted to leave one with the game for future issues. The BB is just a beagle board black, in MMR /LE correct?

#7424 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

CGC will make SEs as long as they’re making the game, it’s just one of their normal production games... it’s the Royals (and of course the original LE run) that were limited to however many they made.
I can’t speak to if they’re making them right now, but it seems like they would be, right?

afm is on the line, the 4th game I would assume and if demand is there I would suspect more standard mmr's I would hope. Demand seems to be there for it still.

2 months later
#7986 3 years ago
Quoted from Winslow3000:

I have the MMR-RE #13. Love it. Will be checking in occasionally. - Scott (Twin Cities)

OHHHHh another Minnesotan!

#7990 3 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Hey everyone! New MMR owner here. Whenever the ball ejects from Merlin, it hits the top of the right slingshot. Sometimes this directs the ball directly down the middle. I have been playing like this for a month or so, but its getting old. I currently have the pitch set at 8 degrees, so its not to flat. Any thoughts? Sorry if this has been gone over before.
JAY

You can bend or adjust the ball guide as it exits the orbit. I also had to do that. I think my metal ball guide was behind the rubber post sleeve so it would bounce off that and go to the drain.

B2F3BC84-5208-4976-9165-041666A234C8 (resized).jpegB2F3BC84-5208-4976-9165-041666A234C8 (resized).jpeg
#7998 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Shaker....no brainer...

Hahah, it adds some fun for the castle explosion for sure, I need to tame mine down some.

Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Merry Christmas fellow MMR Owners! Wifey gave me an IOU for $200 for Xmas and I’d like your advice. Shaker motor or 3D Translite? Or any other suggestions? Thanks!

You could do the gi update for $250. But requires a lot of labor to install

#8022 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Thanks. Yes, C10. Whats more concerning is i followed Cayennes advice last night and attempted to upload new software. I'm version 3.0. Nothing, sd card not recognizedby the pinball machine at all. I'm starting to wonder if its the sd card reader on the pinball machine thats faulty? Going to try more sd cards tomorrow, unreal headache CGC.

We should start documenting cards and if it worked. Like brand, size and class, plus format and from what computer. Sometimes macs format fat32 messed up, for example

#8023 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

We should start documenting cards and if it worked. Like brand, size and class, plus format and from what computer. Sometimes macs format fat32 messed up, for example

Speaking of, I think I updated my game without issue back when I got it, but I should go look to see what version it’s at now.

I do plan on getting the gi and display update at some point though!

#8024 3 years ago

If this is the correct update process, than either the beaglebone sucks at compatibility or the cards aren't being formatted correctly.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update

I'll try mine in a little bit.

#8026 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Great. Looking forward to seeing how your efforts turn out.

Oh boy, just updated my Ford explorers sync 3 via usb and that went about as well as the horror stories from this thread :/

I’ll try a couple ways and document!

#8030 3 years ago

okay, on my mac, building the img file manually via dd to the sd card and i'll give it a whirl.

#8031 3 years ago

Worked great on the first try.

Created on mac osx
Need to be partially familiar with terminal and/or diskutility. One comment for the windows people, after the image was created on the sd card, it was Fat16 formatted. I would recommend following CGC's guide (https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update)

Get your computer, sd card, sd card reader (if needed) and download the .7z file from CGC link above. You'll need to extract the 7z file and you will/should be left with an .img file. This is what we will flash to the sd card. I left my cgc files in the downloads folder, this is the location I'll use for my example.

Here is my SD card, a sandsisk ultra plus 32gb
IMG_1030 (resized).jpegIMG_1030 (resized).jpeg

Here is my game at current/before update values
IMG_1024 (resized).jpegIMG_1024 (resized).jpeg

Put the SD card into your mac
Open Terminal app
type in: diskutil list
Press enter. This will list your drives. OR go to disk utility and select the SD card/drive and see what /dev/diskX your sd card is. Ex. Mine was /dev/disk2
now that we know the /dev/diskX we need to unmount the drive so we can copy the img to it
Still in terminal
type: diskutil unmountDisk /dev/diskX
Now to send the image over
type: sudo dd bs=1m if=path_of_your_image.img of=/dev/diskX; sync
ex. sudo dd bs=1m if=~/Downloads/MedievalMadness300Installer.img of=/dev/disk2
Press enter
This copy will take, forever. You can use Control+T to see if it is still writing to the card, but yes it most likely is. When done you will see the command prompt back at the home.

Once done, to eject do it via gui or type sudo diskutil eject /dev/diskX

Turn MMR off, insert sd card w/ gold contacts facing you, into the beagle bone board sd slot. Power game on and it will star the self update.

IMG_1026 (resized).jpegIMG_1026 (resized).jpeg

Once done
IMG_1029 (resized).jpegIMG_1029 (resized).jpeg

Via cgc you can use apple pi baker 2, or even u-netbootin apps to flash the img to your sd card. For windows users, they recommend Win32 Disk Imager.

#8033 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Does MM come with different plunger links on left vs right?
I had an original and my left flipper link was larger giving the left flipper a little more range over the right.
Old game so i figured it was replaced with the wrong part.
However now i have a royal edition brand new and the left flipper link is slightly larger and allows more travel on the left flipper then right. Very minor amount.
Is this normal? I don’t understand why they would ship with 2 different plunger links

I don’t think mine has that? They look the same to me
404CFB63-825E-4A87-850A-7A962728C5A9 (resized).jpeg404CFB63-825E-4A87-850A-7A962728C5A9 (resized).jpeg

Edit: damn I forgot how amazing the inside of these games are. Cab is soooo neat, new and clean, aahhhhhhh

#8034 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Thank you for the info sounds like I’ll roll the dice and skip the protector.
Another question my play field print is way off on the catapult anyone else have this issue?
The gap in artwork for the cut outs doesn’t line up. [quoted image]

I was going to check this for you, but the cliffy covers it all. Here are pics of the outlines though.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8039 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I should probably leave well enough alone at this point. Fwiw, here is the software installed.
[quoted image]

Were you getting errors before?
what sd cards have you use?
Do you know what made it work this time?

#8045 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I had a similar issue. I was able to update to the latest software version. But, I then used the same card to try and change the CGC logo and it wouldn’t work. It was as if it couldn’t read it. Drove me nuts for a couple of days. Then, I tried the same card over and over. I’d remove it each time and press it back down firmly. After 10ish tries in a row, it finally recognized the card and allowed me to change the logo.

I’d be curious if this is a beaglebone issue with it reading the card or a carrier board issue where it isn’t correctly booting up and pulling off the cd card

#8048 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I also tried the controller board reset button. Still no luck. No recognition of the inserted SD card.
Do you think its a controller board and/or beaglebone issue that the software update is also not being recognized / uploaded?
What other HW could it be?
At this point who knows...
I am mailing 2 SD cards to CGC today for testing on their end.
Imagine at the rate USPS is delivering mail they will get the cards in 3 weeks, lol.
IDK, but at this point it seems it has to be a HW issue, right? Again, cant imagine what hardware parts need addressed / replaced since the machine appears to function properly otherwise???
Hopefully it can get fixed and this thread can help others downstream.

We did some of this som with usb boot flashing via sd on a product at work. I mean that is the only hardware there for this, the beaglebone and the carrier board. If the SD card is correctly done, then it isn't going into boot/flash mode. I'd be curious if all the beaglebones were same version/gen. I snagged a spare and threw it in the coin box incase my BB ever died/broke. And there is a new BB out, wonder if cgc is using the newer one in the new games? Wouldn't be a bad idea to see if the new BB fits the mmr.

#8057 3 years ago

BAH i should get that one too!

Does cliffy made a CF for the merlin scoop?

#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Hello guys,
I would like to remove a troll to adjust the sensitivity.
In my search I came across several solutions.
What is the easiest and safest solution to remove the troll and how?
Thanks

i swear I also had to do this. I think if you get them up, you can remove the "door" then it will come out via under the pf.

#8085 3 years ago

What have people done for flipper button wear protection? I usually put lollipop rails on my games. For my MMR I remember hearing the side rails are a pita to take off (glue/sticky tape?) and was thinking of getting the clear ones from PBL, attached.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8088 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

the best cabinet protectors around the buttons I know are the Titan ones (must have imo):
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138
clear with no adhesive

Ohhhhh I like this.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

nothing. a decaled HUO machine just isnt going to see enough play to get worn.

3M Automotive trim molding tape, really good stuff.

For some reason I get the feeling my kids and guests will get the cab gross with dirty fingers :-p this just puts my mind at ease. Otherwise all my games have the armor have covers

#8090 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I get that, I rub hand sanitizer all around the buttons on machines I play out in the wild.

I used my shirt last year but man it doesn’t help all that much if it is super greasy.

There is a product....we have pinball lip balm, we need button cleaner

#8118 3 years ago

If anyone has the MMR GI kit, is it worth it? I've seen just 1 YT video and it seems pretty sweet. I liked the effects on afmr.

#8123 3 years ago

Well that is great to hear. I am ordering the GI now, I'll get the XL a bit later. But I've only played an amfr le and seen 1 YT video and it looked sweet. The game is a keeper for as long as I can , so I figured I'd put the mods on.

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

I have been installing my topper, xl display and rgb light kit today but have an issue,
Please see photos below, the display isn’t working correctly, does anyone know what could be the issue here? Also can someone please send photos or confirm the correct location of the topper plugs and where they plug into on the board, I have plugged the two lower left plugs in ( please confirm they are in the correct plugs but not exactly sure where the other two plugs go.
Cheers
Trevor
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t have the kit yet but this may be of some help

Do you remember if you’ve ever updated code on your game?

#8151 3 years ago

My gi kit came today

#8156 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Be sure you update to the 3.0 with the micro SD card that comes with the kit.

I updated to 3.0 a week or two ago just because I saw an update. I’m ready!!!!!

#8160 3 years ago

If you read up, someone posteed about it. but start here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151#post-5908163

EDIT: didn't read fully, US available led board. Gotchya. Let me look

#8162 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You missed the point. They want to know WHERE to get the part if in the US as the OG post you linked to has a link to parts that can't be shipped to the US.

Yaa, read too quick.

#8164 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Happens.. On a happy side not.. It's FRIIIDAAAY! lol. Pinball night!

Just need to know on the original german ones, is it +, 1, data in, data out? There are some chinese rings that could work, but just need the wires/pinout for what is required. Adafruits are 5v, these chinese ones are 12v.

#8167 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Looks like its. 12v. 1 positive. The red,green and blue inputs.

These are worth a shot. They have the little nub cut out and the disc is only 20mm vs 26mm so it may fit without cutting.
http://lightsandparts.com/product/flat-round-rgb-3led-dimmable/

#8169 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Thanks. I will look into these

let us know!

Otherwise the cheap way is to take a 12v rgb strip and just have the 4 wire leads and stuff that in the pop housing or do a ring around the cap.

#8172 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Thought about the strips. I think it would look bad how they would have to lay in there.
Looks like that website is a wholesale web site. Can't but just a couple

the only good thing is you can barely see the pop caps from the player position

Quoted from MrMikeman:

The GI lights are "dumb" RGB and aren't individually addressable. No data. On the German ones it's +12v, and then R, G, B. The game GI is already wired with G,R,G,B.

ah ok. I'll keep looking. Otherwise a single led could work.. hmm ok should find a few options.

EDIT: ya so if anyone is looking, it is a 12v non addressable rgb led. Tons of 5v but the 12 is the harder one. Almost seems like someone fabing a board to fit a smd led(s) may work better :/

#8174 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Like the one from Germany!! lol

I wonder if Zitt would be down to make for a small run? Otherwise comet has the pop bumper "pcb" but they only do 1 color. Would need a pcb like that with changed schematics for RGB w/ 4wire

#8175 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I wonder if zitt would be down to make for a small run? Otherwise comet has the pop bumper "pcb" but they only do 1 color. Would need a pcb like that with changed schematics for RGB w/ 4wire

like this

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8186 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Anyone know what kind of rgb bulb and socket was used in the kit?

In the gi kit?

Looks to be custom made. Non addressable single smd leds. If the pop bumper needed 12v I can only assume these are as well.

2BDD391C-350F-450A-B611-488C42B8BD8B (resized).jpeg2BDD391C-350F-450A-B611-488C42B8BD8B (resized).jpeg4A25ED74-0663-46EB-BDC1-2371118862A5 (resized).jpeg4A25ED74-0663-46EB-BDC1-2371118862A5 (resized).jpeg8026A226-B2DB-4E86-86DB-E9D54F73F33D (resized).jpeg8026A226-B2DB-4E86-86DB-E9D54F73F33D (resized).jpeg
#8188 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yea i have the kit. I was thinking if I could find a few extra bulbs I could make them fit in my pop and in my barrel spot lights. And just tie them into the closes strings.

you could do your own 12v rgb strips or leds, just make sure they are non addressable and tap them into that four wire harness.

You could even do a 4 position Z connector, then made a whip with two ends to splice it without cutting a wire.

#8192 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

in response to do any owners regret buying this game.I recently got my nib royal and having never played the game before I liked it but was not sure it was my best buy.But after playing and understanding the goals to this game I have a hard time walking away.Now I am certain it was a great purchase and i am totally enjoying this game in my collection.Its more fun every time I play

It truly is one of the best games because of the entire package. I also am pondering an afm because that also is a similar amazing game, and well not good enough to get deep into code or really care it “is a similar layout to mm”. Just a ton of fun and that’s all I like, fun games for me and others!

#8200 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Do you guys know if they are still doing the cheaper color chip for the LE owners?

I’ll be selling mine when I order the XL screen and use the old screen for vpin. Not sure how long you’d want to wait

Edit: nvm the chip is needed on XL display as well

#8203 3 years ago

Whaaaaa? Oh. Ok nvm. I saw someone sell one so I just assumed I didn’t need it. Nvm.

1 week later
#8227 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthFett72:

Awesome...thanks for the confirmation Gunstarhero.

I would contact PPS and ask if you can get the original price. May say no, but worth asking.

#8229 3 years ago

So i have a mmr le and the entire game is nice plywood. I heard someone mention that the "standard" pps titles were made using mdf? anyone know for sure?

1 week later
#8278 3 years ago

I pulled the pops apart on my GB prem and they have an independent led board inside to do rgb, however it is 5v.

Just finished installing my Color GI kit into MMR Le..
PITA - pop bumper wires are not long enough, the top glass trim had 300 staples (6-8), my kit was missing wire management (loops) and the ethernet splitter zip eyelet broke off.

Finished product looks freaking amazing. The longest parts were just harness routing and feeding through, then the stables on the top glass trim. I have a video I'll try and get up of original vs color. Totally worth the update imo. Just set aside a 3-5 hours and work through. The instructions were 90-95% excellent, with a couple differences but there were a handful of different builds so understandable. Nothing that made me stop and think it wouldn't. work.

#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

These were in the bottom of my cabinet. Any idea what they might go to?
[quoted image]

those hold the coin mechs in the coin door

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Ah yes. Thank you. One more question I had. Is it possible to get the speakers to color change with the rgb upgrade? Currently they stay blue all the time. I did not do the upgrade.
[quoted image]

Yea, there is a plug or something, someone mentioned it a page or 3 back. The instructions are in this thread. May have to search or flick back some pages. I'll post if I find them.

#8296 3 years ago

Here is a side by side of the color gi

2 weeks later
#8327 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcal:

whats happening guys I have picked up a MMR LE and upgraded to the XL Screen, wow what a difference.. Question is, Cn the older MMr Le screen be used in any other games? Is there any value to the original screen, speaker panel etc? thank you for any feedback.

I’m going to use my original in a vpin, I’d assume more vpin people have and would use it

#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

Came across a Gold MMR LE for sale. Really would like a MM. Wife fell in love with it. I definitely enjoyed playing it and it seems like a bolt to the floor game. Thing is he wants 12 grand. Now I do have the money, and I’ll probably let one of my games go. The question I have is he asking way to much? These MM games don’t come around often.

For a gold le? No. 12k is like royal money as it has all the mods in. Le’s are usually 8500-9000

Quoted from benime:

I get that we're in covid-times, but I bought my HUO MMR LE last June with the Color ROM upgrade for $7800 delivered to my garage. The thing is mint, < 500 plays on it.
Maybe if it has all of the upgrades and is HUO, but that's still really high. If it's just a vanilla LE, 12k is insane.

Ya, you got a deal at 7800!

#8337 3 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

Yeah, I guess I already knew the answer to my question. In the market for another pin and none really knock me out. Played the new GnR and meh. MM is bad ass.

I love my MM, but also wish cgc would release the next game. I suck at pinball so the 90’s Williams are just fun all around

#8344 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:I agree, I have a standard with upgraded color, XL display, royal topper, shaker motor. I'm just missing the rgb lighting to make it similar to a royal. Side art and Merlin mod. It has over 10k plays. Playfield is perfect with cliffys and plastic protectors installed. I wouldn't take less than $10k.

which side art

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I meant blades. I couldn't find them with a search. The newer ones are probably nicer. Side blades are not the main event for me.

Just the mirror/chrome ones?

#8365 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I didn’t care for them. Seemed...off a bit. Bit blurry. I bought a mirrored bg from CPR instead. Awesome.

Oh dang I didn’t realize they did mirrored!

I don’t mine Brian Allen’s trans and blades but it is just so different from the original pf art :/

Mirrored Bg would set it off as “special”

#8386 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthFett72:

Hey folks....I’ve owned my MMR LE for just a couple of months and love it. I just finished doing the XL display upgrade, the rgb kit install, and added the color chip. It’s AMAZING...the difference.
I do have a question though.....is there a market out there for selling the original DMD display/speakers? I hate to just store a perfectly good DMD display, but then again, not giving it away either.
Opinions/recommendations/thoughts???[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from gunstarhero:

I have one as well... Sounds like there may be some use for these in a VPin or as a replacement for other CGC MMR owners in need... but besides that not too much.

Yes, the vpin people can use this as the display is dvi/hdmi and being in a standard speaker panel may help some out. Otherwise the display alone could be refit to a new speaker panel as a bigger lcd.

2 weeks later
#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m looking into the XL display, RGB lighting and King of Payne topper for my MMR LE. I see those for sale but I don’t see anyone selling the control board. Is that included with the XL display or one of the other upgrades ?

The GI kit has a main board the topper plugs into.

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Can anyone please tell me where to find the Williams logo and the process of how to add it to the XL display? Thanks so much!

oh neat, didn't know this was a thing..... I finally got around to ordering the topper and XL....mmmm going to be a sexy mmr. I got some parts for the pops rgb....see how it goes.

#8412 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Installed the Topper, XL Display with speaker RGB working and Subwoofer and installed the RGB strip and the back of the cabinet all working perfectly. Just have to do the rgb under the playfield to complete it.
I highly recommend the pinball supernova install video for anyone attempting the install - every potential issue they brought up I had- saved me a lot of time.

I have skimmed their video a few times. Don't recall what exact issues, as I have only installed the gi kit, which i ran into some issues on. I'll check it out again, but yeah, i'll need to hook up the speaker rgb as well.

#8415 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Main issues were -
subwoofer screws are too short
The board mounting location per template was too low for topper wires to reach
You have to remove the knocker to install the topper
One thing not mentioned - the topper sits too far forward. Hangs over front edge almost half an inch I moved the template back just a little before I drilled the holes

which version of MMR do you have? I guess there are different board sets used in the game as well? Like the original LE run vs the standards etc.

#8422 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I have an original run LE. The kit includes different mounting templates based on which board you have. The template for the original run games sets the RGB board an inch and a half to low for the topper cables to plug in. I just completed the RGB lighting upgrade and there is more than enough slack on those cables to move the board higher to accommodate the topper.
For the RGB upgrade I highly recommend reading a few pages back on this thread there is a post about using a molex connector instead of wire nuts which works perfectly and gives a factory appearance.

For the pop bumper lights? Iirc that was the only spot for wire nuts....

Oh man well I forgot where I mounted my board relative to the template.... parts come next week, I guess we shall see!

#8429 3 years ago

Mmmmm Royal with le

F252638A-4320-482D-8F45-20B3D4D4F269 (resized).jpegF252638A-4320-482D-8F45-20B3D4D4F269 (resized).jpeg
#8435 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

What are the correct color bulbs for the 2 spotlights near the castle ?

Pretty sure “yellow” but I’ll go look

Edit: look yellow ish/orange.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8440 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here again
[quoted image]

Can we make this a key post? Took me a day and a half to find it again... but now I have rgb speakers!

#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

have fun with it
tom

Thanks for posting that! When I heard about all these mods, I really was "warm" on them, they seemed expensive and well MM is all gameplay right? Well these mods are like heated seats in a car. If you never have them, you never know what you're missing out on, but once you have/play/use them, you NEED them. They seem to work great together and immerse you into the game/color. I'm not into "clown" puke but they do so well at changing color at pauses or when you don't need to flip, then going back to normal during gameplay/flipper use. MM will be the last game I ever get rid of and I'm glad I did these.

Just need to put the rattle tape on the glass, enable the shaker again (maybe low this time) and do the rgb pops w/ clear caps. Oh and get the williams logo on the display

#8451 3 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

I ordered these RGBs:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-LMP-LEDRGB&Category_Code=GS-9991
And these clear caps:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9007-13
And some of these red connectors:
https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/idc-connectors/5354879/
You need to drill out the holes the wires go through very slightly. Don’t go overboard as the lugs are for alignment of the pop bumper body.
You need a longer screw and have to make a small spacer for each.
I then connected 2 pops to string ‘right 3’ and one to string ‘right 2’, giving a total of 6 lights per string.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, this is my plan, I have the rgbs and the clear covers but haven’t started the mod yet.

#8455 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Painted the speaker trim gold to match the armor.
[quoted image]

what logo do you have in your dmd?

the color speaker trim looks great!

#8459 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

On the speaker panel kit for the royal upgrades.... is the speaker lights only blue or are the supposed to be RGB?

Yup, they are blue unless you do the "mod"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151#post-5909393

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I have a Williams logo that I found in the monster bash remake thread

Mmm, ya me too. Kinda lovin it. I need to do my rgb pops, but my mantis castle lock and merlin protectors came in....ohhhh man what a gem of a game.

#8461 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I need to do the RGB pops too. I went with a carbon fiber cliffy for the Merlin and have a mantis on the way for the castle.

I'll probably do the cf cliffy as well on merlin..... mantis's are usually inside and cliffs are outside so you can sometimes (depends on location) double up. The castle one is really needed as that bare wood takes a beating. I did the full cliffy kit on the MMR except merlin as he didn't have that one yet. the under castle ones aren't as bad as you'd think.....

#8463 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

thinking of selling my MMRE - what's the going rate for one of these bad boys these days??

Royal? Mmm idk about $14k? But prices seem to be in flux with some random game sales that were higher than usual. I think earlier this year they were about 11-12k

#8465 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

ok - 14K is not bad actually - maybe I should be like all these other jokers asking big $$ and go 20K to start hehe

Idk, they retailed at 10k…

1 month later
#8520 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I have a mm se edition. How difficult is it to put a CGC topper on it. Thanks

I did it on my LE, not too bad, but I for went their template for the topper and made sure the topper fit on the top the way I wanted it. If you go a page or so bad, someone mentioned the template pushed their topper over the lip and so it sat funny. Also use painters tape where you have to drill to help flaking off the wood/paint.

2 weeks later
#8559 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

So after upgrading the display to the XL version I am getting horizontal lines randomly flashing across the display. At least I haven't noticed a pattern yet. I opened a ticket with Chicago gaming but has anyone dealt with this problem before?

Do you have a color chip?
Did you update your MMr to the newest code?

Have you checked the cables are seated firmly? (top of the beagle bone is a micro hdmi that then runs to the display and is converted to dvi. make sure all those are tight and the dvi adapter is screwed down.

#8560 2 years ago

Is there a thread or talk anywhere of putting the XL display on a "classic" remake (any of them)?

I opened mine up today and similar to the Arcade 1up arcades, it is a basic video conversion box that takes inputs to the lcd panel plug. I have never seen the baords/plugs used on a classic version of the game, but since they use lcd's this upgrade to a XL should be pretty simple.....

2 weeks later
#8577 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

A little foam did me wonders.
Fast shots still usually bounce out, but normal and slower shots almost always are successful.

yup came to suggest adding a little foam to that metal angle piece. Easier than adjusting/bending the metal

#8580 2 years ago

beer seal, target foam, window/door insulation, kind of all the same just different size/squish/stick

#8608 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Whats everyone doing to prevent wear around the flipper buttons?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/162#post-6068655
That is what I was thinking of

1 week later
#8643 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

No need to update firmware unless you plan on adding one of the Royal upgrades.

There was one update before the Royal, I remember doing, but don’t recall what was included.

However the color chip should just be a plug n play swap with the stock, under the playfield

#8648 2 years ago

Here are the updates...There were a few small ones prior. Honestly it is just worth going to 3.0.0 so it is. all up to date with OS etc updates and if you do any mods.

V3.0.0 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

1) Added support for King of Payne Topper.
2) Added support for XL Display.
3) Added support for RGB LI LEDs.
4) Fixed bug preventing custom logo installation.

V2.0.1 RELEASE NOTES

1) Next generation graphics engine to support full color display upgrade and address previous screen tearing issue.
2) Addition of Castle Multiball jackpot voice call.
3) Modifications to real time clock.
4) Addition of adjustment for controlled playfield LEDs.
5) Addition of adjustment for trough coil strength.
6) Resolution of audio crackling issue.
V2.0.2 RELEASE NOTES

1) Fixed bug in OS causing date and time to reset.

V2.0.2a RELEASE NOTES

1) Updated installer to be compatible with new generation Beagle Boards.

2 weeks later
#8683 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

My MMR castle gate has been slowly degrading in performance. Meaning the gate open hit wont work, and the only way to fix it is to let the ball search cycle. It’s happened more and more frequently and now the ball search cycle will not reset it. I suspect I need to replace the whole actuator but I’m not sure. I am also finding this part a bit hard to find. Any thoughts? Maybe I don’t need the whole assembly and just the actuator part? Thx for any advice!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-21718

I would go into test and see/verify the switches for the gate. Open, close, being hit by a ball. I would first suspect it just isn’t adjusted right, first. Then move on to part replacement.

2 weeks later
#8725 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Just joined the club with an MMr LE 684/1000 with a 2016 build date. According to the previous owner, the code has never been updated. If I were to update the code do I use the same software updates as the newest remakes?

What only_pinball said. Follow directions on their site, it may be finicky but most people get it working.

#8757 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

With the recent announcement of Kits being offered again soon (Topper, RGB, etc) - has anyone heard when these would be released? Are there any distributors that have a "notify me when available" option type thing to get an email?
Thanks

They are doing the kits again?!

#8762 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yes they said soon in the seminar

Awesome. I got mine as I saw the fomo coming. But damn I love the idea of doing kits for the games so you can get a classic and slowly upgrade.

1 week later
#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

I have a CGC MMR LE and I'm looking to upgrade some things on it. The only upgrades I have done is add all cliffy protectors. What do you guys recommend for upgrades?

If money ain’t no thang, all the cgc upgrades; xl display, rgb gi kit, topper, if you’re diy add rgb pop bumpers.

#8777 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I was confusing SE and LE.

MMR was weird as it was the first vs afm that standardized the models etc.

2 weeks later
#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from Phazed:

I moved my machines 800 miles. Despite my efforts to be very careful, I've had a few issues. My 1997 MM will not recognize the ball dropping through the Damsel, so Damsel Madness can never be activated. The switch test does not see the ball so it's just that the ball is not being recognized. I've got no local support here so I could really use suggestions on how to proceed.

Just a heads up, this is the remake thread, here is the thread for the original mm
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in

However, the switch itself probably just needs a visual inspection to make sure the wires are soldered to the legs still and it potentially could use an adjustment. I know Lloyd may of just spoke to someone about that same switch in this thread a page or few back.

Are you comfortable pulling the glass out and lifting the pf up all the way to the backbox so you can see the back of the playfield from the bottom side?

#8800 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The damsel tower switch is mounted in the metal assembly inside the actual tower, only the cables are going out below the playfield. This is speaking about the original btw.
To get access to the switch you have to remove the right part of the castle wall (and probably the right ramp) then a few screws to remove the metal assembly with the switch on it.

Quoted from LTG:

Or the tower has shifted and the ball isn't getting to the switch at the bottom.

I didn’t look and thought the ball dropped way lower, I played a game and realized it was not that far down. I don’t remember if the mm of slides out or just rotates but ya, find a way in there

#8801 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Does anyone know where I can buy a topper?Preferably at msrp price? Thanks

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Check KingPinGames. They had some for $599.99. I’m not sure if they still do. If they are sold out, there is one other person who had a couple for the same $600 price. I bought one last month. If KingPin is sold out I’ll message you his contact info. He may be sold out too, I’m not sure.

Cgc did say they would make and sell more mmr kits. So we potentially will have toppers again.

#8804 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Has there been any talk about another MMR production run?
Is CGC producing any pins currently?

the announced but unknown CCr currently. rumor is some word coming tomorrow/friday or monday but I heard that last week. LE should be shipping in 2-3 months.......let the wait continue.

1 week later
#8816 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Having an issue with our early build MMR standard. Both the catapult and moat solenoids decided to stop firing today. I don't see anything obvious when lifting the playfield - any thoughts/assistance appreciated.

You can visually inspect the coil via lifting the playfield. But also I would go into test/diagnostics and check the switches associated with those coils firing.

#8824 2 years ago

Hey guys,

Anyone that upgraded to the XL screen want to sell their smaller panel setup?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-mmr-dmd-display-classic-not-xl

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT: Sorry, this isn't my ad, was just trying to help someone out!

#8826 2 years ago

Did anyone make a custom logo for the XL display (under the dmd) similar to the MBr ones? I have the CGC one, Williams but someone made a MBr one that looks similar to the right apron card of all the heads....looks pretty neat. Was thinking of scanning that or looking for some icon/logos but graphic design isn't my strong suit yet.

#8829 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

This is the one I made for my MMrSE.[quoted image]

Yaaa that’s what I’m thinking. Did you manipulate the picture from somewhere?

1 month later
#8850 2 years ago

Do the normal Williams mirror blades fit the remake or does cgc’s fit better? I have an old wms set laying around……

#8860 2 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Can any kind soul point me to the page number or post in this thread that has the modified instructions for installing Topper, RGB, XL display into a 2015 MMR LE? Have had my upgrades sitting in boxes for months waiting for cold weather. Now's the time.

congrats!
directions are all in the box as well.

This video helps a lot though. will give you the gist of things. The only hard part was getting the hole for the topper lined up so that the topper was flush to the front of the head.

also redo the pins so you can get rgb speaker lights!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/129#post-5704119

#8864 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just curious how fun this game is in a collection. I had a Afmr le and got bored fast and sold it with no regrets. Any feedback appreciated

Mmmm honestly I’d you get bored with afm idk why you wouldn’t get bored of mm… similar style of game and humor :/

#8867 2 years ago

Ya I’ve had mmr since release, I don’t play it too often. But I’ll have a few games every now and then. If it was my only game, I’d probably get bored but I like to just rotate the game Of the week and not play some often. Sometimes it does take time to appreciate something. I keep my current line up because they are fun for the family. And I’ve never get close to beating any. Mmr and MBr I can see and feel being shallow but sure are fun to shoot and try to stack

Edit: oh and I maybe would say mmr for some reason is a tad higher on the list than afm for me…not sure what it is

#8871 2 years ago
Quoted from Botfly:

I am looking for someone who sells mirror blades for mmr. I don't like the oversized hole from Cointaker.
[quoted image]

I have some williams ones I need to see how they fit..... I WISH cgc would make their blades again......

1 week later
#8877 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Have an intermittent issue with right Joust loop not registering. I think it happens once in a while during regular play but I saw it not register several times during royal madness.
Also, sometimes the castle doesn't register a hit.
It's a very new machine, 300 plays, nib back in august, classic version.
Ran switch tests and it registers with a press or a ball.
Any ideas?

almost wonder if the ball is hitting it too fast? like on joust is the ball just ripping around it?

1 week later
#8884 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

I just installed the topper but do not have the RGB kit. Is it possible to get the color changing speakers without the RGB kit? I do not have a 10 pin connector to attach to the far right spot on the topper PCB. Does anyone know where to get an appropriate size 10 pin connector and will it work to move the speaker pins without the RGB kit? Thanks.
[quoted image]

The color changing speakers are built into the XL display, do you have that kit? If not you'll need to buy that or custom your own rgb speaker leds and wire them into the gi or off the topper pcb.

#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

Yes. I have the XL display and the lighted speakers. Mine are always blue. I just need to plug it into the Topper board but I do not have the 10 pin connector

Let me find the post, you just need to move a pin or two. You don’t need the topper board iirc

Edit: here is how to make the speaker rgb
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151#post-5909393

#8889 2 years ago
Quoted from mrcosmo:

Yes. I have the XL display and the lighted speakers. Mine are always blue. I just need to plug it into the Topper board but I do not have the 10 pin connector

The pcb and plug are included.
The pcb was included with your topper and the plug is the one that is on the XL display.

Does yours look different than this?

#8895 2 years ago

After reviewing the instructions again. The plug in that 10 position lower right spot is from the backboard rgb (included in the rgb gi kit) So if you want to wire the speakers there, you can purchase a connector (10 position) and remove the pins from the XL display and move them up to that.

I suppose you could move them to the topper connector(s) but you would need to validate rgb and power, the lower right connector has already been verified.

2 weeks later
#8923 2 years ago

The weights should be offset, yes? They need to be opposite, so just making them straight may keep the “shake”.

I forgot what mine looked like, I’ll need to open.

Edit:
From what I recall being told, as I have a CT red tremor that needs to be tamed down. The off set weights need to be opposite to not shake as much.

Shown here, this is my mmr. The offset is on the same side, mine rattles like a mofo.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8926 2 years ago

Huh. Well I took my one weight off and there is only a dimple for the shaker weight to be the one way… not sure the set screw is strong enough to use a non dimple section.

May be time to cut the weight or make a new dimple. Curious what orhers have done. Maybe I’ll dig into the tremor soon

#8929 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dremel a new dimple.

I think I may…..

#8932 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I am trying to adjust here but it is not turning for some reason!

gotta use a small allen, you have to back it out pretty far and then it will spin separate from the other side, which you may have to hold while you turn it

EDIT:
I think my allen is a 3/32

#8934 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

This shaker problem didn’t exist prior to the last software upgrade, the one needed for the display/lighting/topper kits.
Seems like CGC broke the shaker with software, why can’t they fix it with software? Don’t they test it?
You can’t adjust the weights without drilling a new dimple in the shaft.
I also have my shaker turned off. It shook so hard during Madness Multiballs that it would set off the tilt!
Fix the software CGC.

....I don't think mine changed with that software update......

#8937 2 years ago

I just hacked a divot to the opposite side of stock on one of the weights. Now the weights are opposite of eachother..... There is noise when the shaker goes off but no shake.....

#8940 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

You balanced the shaker by putting equal weights opposed to each other. Putting one weight 90 degrees from the other would be the half way adjustment.

Yes, I know. I was trying to prove/show the other users.

I have mine currently set at a 90 degree offset and it is ok, more noise than shake, but you can feel the shake.

#8941 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Isn't the red tremor infamous for being too powerful? Perhaps replace with a new, bit calmer, shaker.

yeah. it was shaking games loose. I think they either stopped making it or changed it. I need to adjust the weights but I just haven't remembered. However it seems today I've been doing the random stuff I always forget to do... Like HOOKS little metal pieces Once I shop the MM out i'll swap in the rgb pops and clear covers.

#8945 2 years ago

Gona try 90 degrees now? How did you “hack a divot”?
Thanks!
Richard

Nice. Maybe I’ll try around 45 degrees first then?

I can take a pic, I don't think I did of the 90. Ok soooo I have a dremmel with a cut off wheel and a drill with a step bit (sharp tip) I really didn't get a good divot but I got something and it's stuck.

Game off
I took off the shaker case
removed the front facing weight
Took the rear weight and turned it so it was horizontal to the floor/cab
Marked the metal post where the divot would go
So the back weight is -- and the front weight will go |
I took the dremel with wheel and make a little notch then worked it front to back just a little to make a flat/concave spot.
Then I took the drill bit and while holding the rear weight again slowly started the bit to get a little concave action.

Let me get pics, That may help some too.

540B9989-3708-4609-8988-6708D305ADE4 (resized).jpeg540B9989-3708-4609-8988-6708D305ADE4 (resized).jpeg7C6EEAE4-DD04-4D37-B1C8-98DDDF13082A (resized).jpeg7C6EEAE4-DD04-4D37-B1C8-98DDDF13082A (resized).jpeg
#8948 2 years ago

I would say depends how sharp the bit is, I don't think a drill bit will just bite into the shaft as it will want to step off. The dremel disc made a flat spot for the bit to stay on. Otherwise a drill press would be useful if you have one and can clamp in the shaker.

#8956 2 years ago
Quoted from Dpirhana:

Thanks for the tip. Never noticed the Additional Shake menu item. I rushed down to the basement and turned that item off….unfortunately for me it didn’t seem to reduce the intensity of the shaking.
The shaker on my AFMrLE is perfect. On my MMr it’s like the Tasmanian Devil is inside the cabinet, hopped up on sugar, and wrestling with an alligator that owes him money!
Just too much for me.

I should check my MBr. The shaker in MMr was installed when I got the game, but MBr I got from cointaker. Curious if they changed shaker things. As the one in MMr is just ultra loud when on.

#8963 2 years ago

They (iirc) said they would start remaking mods sooner than the mmr. But with ccr not shipping yet, I would just assume everything is delayed.

#8973 2 years ago

You could get the 3m VHB thin double sided tape to reapply

#8984 2 years ago

Are there two video modes in mm? I remember the one with the birds…..

#8993 2 years ago

Nice! Flipper rebuild must make the flippers feel snappy too.

How’s the shaker weight now? I still haven’t played mine…..

#8995 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I have an se and I notice the speaker lights aren’t turning on. Anything I should check?

each speaker led has a plug (behind the speaker) then those Y to a 10 pin connector (only 4 used) on the top of the cpu carrier board. Make sure that is plugged in.

#9001 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The hinges will need to swing out of the way to remove the upper mounting bolt. Are you not powder coating them as well? Are your rails taped on? They are a bear to remove without bending, if that is the case. My MMR had no adhesive, so they came off easily. But on other games that did utilize 3M tape, I bought new rails from Pinball Life. It greatly reduced the stress of removing them, and probably paid for themselves in prep time to remove the adhesive: they can't go on the oven with any tape residue.

Ya I was told the LE run had the double sided tape, not sure on any else

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Thanks, I figured out the opto number when I looked at the board closely... it's printed on the opposite side of the board.
I have taken out both and cleaned the sender and the receiver as well as the connectors.
The issue still was there. Then I took the dog for a walk.
When I got home I tried the switch edge test, and all of the switches in the trough worked.
So I tried the "slap the side of the game" test and switch 32 would momentarily close with no balls and stay closed with a ball in the trough.
So I guess there is an issue with perhaps a solder joint, connector pin/wire or the emitter/receiver.
Robert

Reflowing solder is the usual fix

#9009 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

It's actually a wire that has pulled out of the TR opto connector.
Unfortunately I can't find a pin extractor for that size, I guess I'll have to buy one. Does anyone know what size I need?
Robert

YOu have a pic? I haven't opened my MMr up today but need to at some point.

#9011 2 years ago

Looks like a 0.1 "molex" tool size.
You could also take a pick or tiny flat head to the rear to push that back clip down and slide out. Extraction tool similar to a gottlieb edge connetor isn't needed. In pic 1 you posted, that is the side you have to lightly depress the back of the pin and apply pressure on pulling out the wire and it should slide out.

since you may have one stuck inside, you can use a pick and just wreck the pin by applying pressure and angle to push in and slide it out.

#9013 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

That's what I did. I tried that yesterday and thought I might break the connector, so I stopped. But today I got it out.
So the game is fixed, no credit dot.
Robert

Glad to hear! Yeah, sometimes those pin/connectors feel like you'll break them

1 week later
#9026 2 years ago

yeah I have the basic PBL v2 and v3's on all my games. But a custom one would be a nice touch!

1 week later
#9037 2 years ago

IIRC start butttons are 12v, PBL, comet and CT all carry plain (non flashing) 12v, throw one in your next order! I need some as well

#9041 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

My MMR LE seems to be missing the gate in the Joust lane. (Pic below)
It does not appear to effect game play. What is its purpose? I do not see (or am just missing it) anything in the owners manual…
[quoted image]
Edit: wrong thread…sorry. Think I will leave it anyway.

I think that gate pushes the ball to the ball guide so it doesn’t exit the next gate and go sdtm. Do you “need” it? Prob not, but may depend if you want your game to be all oem, or if you get sdtm balls from the pops and orbit

1 week later
#9061 2 years ago

I think you can adjust the lock down adapter to make it tighter

#9063 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hi Guys- what's a MMRE worth these days?

lol that is a loaded question.
Remake of the standard will go again and will probably be similar to the cost of CCr? but you see everyone trying to get 15-20k for one....

#9067 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I'm guessing it will be more than CCR. It seems like they charge more for that machine than the rest. When they were selling MMRSE in 2020 it was $9,000 and MBRSE which was still available at that time was $7,300. When they start selling them again (probably 2024 with all the delays going on) I would bet they ask $10,000 for the SE. Also they said they are only going to make 300 next run so I'm sure they are all already spoken for.

MMR had an se? Do you mean the Royal? Royal msrp was like 10 or 10500, iirc.

I don’t remember an se only a standard and the kit upgrades. Which they said they would make more of those too…

#9069 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yes they already made a SE. The SE was $9,000 and the Royal was $10,000 back then. They made them them when they were making the Royal. I have a SE with a February 2020 build date. So someone on this thread asked Chicago Gaming how many games did they make for the 2020 run and they told them 550. With 378 were Royals and the rest were SE. I'm not sure if any classics were made during the 2020 run.

What parts did the se have? Just the xl screen and gi kit?

#9075 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gzus and my Royal is still stuck nib. No GD room for it!

You’re crazy! :-p find some room!

#9078 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Didn’t the LE have a plyboard base over MDF as another difference?

That’s what I’ve heard but the base of my MBr se looks plywood?
However mmr le feels and sounds more solid :shrug:

1 week later
#9096 2 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK I will try this.

I can take a pic of mine quick, if that helps

IMG_4366 (resized).jpegIMG_4366 (resized).jpegIMG_4367 (resized).jpegIMG_4367 (resized).jpegIMG_4368 (resized).jpegIMG_4368 (resized).jpegIMG_4369 (resized).jpegIMG_4369 (resized).jpeg
#9098 2 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That was it!
Thanks.
The right two connectors were swapped.
RussMyers

awesome! Glad it was easy

1 week later
#9130 2 years ago

I used a putty knife and a hammer,

#9133 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My backglass is nearly impossible to remove with out bending brute force and even harder to replace.

I found mine, original LE, had some tape that was holding it a little. Otherwise ya I find my mmr harder than MBr to remove

#9145 2 years ago

It’s in the cab, you’ll never see it. Worst case paint the heads or use a paint pen

#9147 2 years ago

Do you have all the boxes and parts from the old upgrade kits still?
There should be a wood shim so the sub cone doesn't hit the grill.

#9150 2 years ago

Me? I do not. The XL dmd/sound upgrade was done before I bought it.

I like to hoard everything so I have a box of all the original stuff........ and with all my games that goes with to the new owner.

#9161 2 years ago

Shoot ok. No way to make it?
Thanks!
Richard

It was just like 3/4” mdf cut do you can totally make it

Let me see what I have in my spare box and see if I have a size of what it was

EDIT: sub spacer is 1/2"

#9163 2 years ago

Ok, great! Thanks! I’ll order the speaker.

Let me check, was that the the right one? 70$ seems expensive..

#9165 2 years ago

$70 Canadian. I believe it is correct. I searched the speaker model number. The specs look the same.
Thanks!

Stock stuff pictured.
Template is just for new sub shim screws to hold it to the cab
2683ACCE-246C-4664-A6F9-F8895C146507 (resized).jpeg2683ACCE-246C-4664-A6F9-F8895C146507 (resized).jpeg

New sub spacer is 9.5” x 9.5” and 1/2” thick
The circular cut is just where the cone is to allow the speaker cone to articulate without hitting.

New sub is:
Goldwood gw-8024r
Should be ~$40
8” 4ohm 90watt sub

Looks like this is in Canada

https://qcomponents.ca/products/goldwood-gw-8024-4-ohm-8-90w-home-stereo-woofer?gclid=CjwKCAiA4KaRBhBdEiwAZi1zzqfSho4Kz2W7vq4ewcnRxdzKtLps8MbpBq-oi0--XSX_G0HxeBhPABoCSa0QAvD_BwE

Otherwise I’ve bought from parts express and goldwood directly

21C4F44E-7C3B-4279-980D-745723D616F9 (resized).jpeg21C4F44E-7C3B-4279-980D-745723D616F9 (resized).jpeg60C93A98-2DF4-49AC-8843-8C3CECC2A328 (resized).jpeg60C93A98-2DF4-49AC-8843-8C3CECC2A328 (resized).jpeg
#9167 2 years ago

Thanks! Great price on the sub. Any reason why I can not just bolt the new sub to the old mdf? Maybe put the new sub in place and drill from inside the cab (thru the 4 hole in the speaker) down thru that cab and bolt it down that way?
Thanks!
Richard

Old sub is 6"
New sub is 8"

I would recommend a new shim, just makes it easier.
You could do a sub spacer (10") but it is just a ring, so you'd have drill through the cab and that set of 4 screws/nuts would hold the sub, spacer and cab all together. mmmmm it would work. I guess it just seems easier to make it modular. I could pull my sub and give you a ID measure of the circular hole if that helps. I did this for my TNA game too when I switched subs.

#9169 2 years ago

Thanks! The original owner is checking around for it first. He may have it. If not I’ll order a speaker, and see what I can do without chipping out the old mdf board. Take it from there.
Thanks!
Richard

with a puddy knife and hammer, it was pretty easy.

#9173 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

For mine, the pop bumper grounds were wired into a solder terminal strip. Going by memory, the instructions say to cut the wires from the strip, twist the wires together and then secure with a wire nut. There was barely enough length for the wires to touch one another after stripping, and certainly not enough to twist together, so I soldered them together and sealed with heat shrink.
I don't know off the top of my head what gauge wire is used but you could probably just use 18ga stranded.

Same. It was tight. However if you wanna do rgb pop lights, that’s the time to do them instead.

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

Yeah when I modded my pops for RGB, I just rewired them completely. Way easier.

how much of a pita is removing the right ramp? I have the parts, just haven't.....done it...

#9186 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Where are you guys finding the RGB kits? Or was it just uninstalled from when you bought the pin?
Been on the lookout for one.
Thanks,
Matt

The rgb gi kits are pretty hard to find. Cgc should remake them with the mmr rerun.
The pop bumper rgb is a diy mod

1 week later
#9197 2 years ago

When I go down stairs for work I’ll look

3 weeks later
#9207 2 years ago

huh, i've never seen one break. I'd prob just get a few full leds to have on hand instead.

#9209 2 years ago

Are they getting hit by your sling rubbers?
What size sling rubbers do you have on?

#9211 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Probably just bad glue and the shaker, trolls and kick out hole and sling shots vibration finally breaking the glue. I've lost a couple tops randomly over the years.

That shaker is a little nuts. Had to redo weight placement. I also had my shaker disabled for a year or two..... but haven't had a cap come off yet... weird. I'll have to watch for iit.

#9214 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

No. Just vibration taking it's toll.

Maybe I should play my games more often

Quoted from Mahoyvan:

How’s a shaker with this game? Worth it?
Also, any decent plastic protectors out there?

Yeah, shaker shakes often. I made a new spot for the set screw on the weights as it was just too hard of a shake.

For plastic protectors I got an orange set for the slings and inlanes. Forgot where, but PBL has the clear set

2 weeks later
#9238 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Does anyone have these Hooked on Pinball flipper toppers installed? They look awesome but I am having a hard time getting them to stay stuck to the flipper. They fly off the flipper after a few games. Thx!
[quoted image]

I Imstakled mine a few months ago. Cleaned the top of the flippers and pushed hard. They haven’t cone off yet :/

#9255 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Hey gang, I brought home a HUO MMR yesterday. I have major glass rattle with the sub and wonder if thats normal? Pinstadium is also already installed on the game and I also wonder if maybe theyre mounted a tad to high and the glass is hitting them too. Im gonna take it apart and see but, thought I'd see if the glass rattle was normal. Thanks

Normal. I got anti rattle tape from PBL for the glass

#9256 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I’m working on fixing an MMr with RGB GI kit, that had stopped working.
RGB on the display panel works, but none of the GI.
I checked cables but nothing found. Anyone has any ideas or a similar experience?
What should I check next

Do you still have the original white gi strings?

You could unplug the gi, and test one strong at string at a time. You could test that there board is out putting where the gi plugs in but be very careful as you don’t want to bridge pins with the dmm probe

#9265 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I

No it has the RGB kit.
It worked and it stopped working.
I’m clueless. Can it be the board?

Yes, but I kept my stock white gi strings. could test.
if the topper and gi isn't working, there is something with a board further up. Is there a manual? I haven't dug into mine much.
I would maybe see if voltage is even going to the topper pcb via the black/yellow wires (iirc those are power)

#9266 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

well well problem solved, it was the red ethernet cable not well seated…
Thanks for the help LTG!!

HA, glad you found the issue!

1 month later
#9297 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

I was wondering if anyone would have any insight as to what my MMR is doing?
I have a LE with the color chip. I have not updated any code since the color chip came out.
My MMR used to have the Boot bong sound. Since the color update it has not had it. I noticed after it was left on for awhile it has a speaker pop that I've heard of. Will updating my code fix this?.

crap, how do I get mine not to do that insanely loud BONG... Not sure, I never looked in the menu. I thought we were stuck with it.
Your speakers work other wise?

#9302 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

my 2 yr old loves turning on my machine (it's a switch she can reach) and then she realizes what she just did and starts running around in circles with her hands over her ears screaming.
...and then after the BONG! she asks me to get the step stool so she can start a 4 player game and play 1 ball each.

totally sounds familiar!

#9307 1 year ago
Quoted from erak:

Yes, everything else is normal. Other than no boot BONG. And speakers pop every now and then. When in attract mode after being left on for a few hours.
Just wondering if a software update will fix this? If not, I'm not going to bother.

You could try an update, but from what everyone has said, this problem is very odd and no one knows what that could be…

You could put a ticket in with cgc to see if they could help…

Are you on 1.03? I forgot the level now

3 weeks later
#9342 1 year ago

Remake with all addons for me too, game is gorgeous with them

#9345 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Thanks for your help. I pulled the trigger on an original. It's in great shape. I am going through the machine and replacing all the rubbers, cleaning, etc. And noticed that it is missing this metal piece directly under the draw bridge. I tried looking on Marco but can't find a replacement. Anyone have any ideas? It looks like it is also missing a piece that goes under the left castle door?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is an aftermarket protector from mantis
https://mantispinball.com/product-category/medieval-madness/

#9351 1 year ago

kickout from the moat, should put the ball in the left orbit, is the ball coming down the orbit sdtm? I don't think the original MM or wms games had individual coil power adjustments..but i havne't owned one in a while.

EDIT: I had to adjust the right orbit as the ball guide went behind the post and then the ball would hit and sdtm.

#9363 1 year ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hi all, just picked up an mmr LE that is very original. Is it possible to rgb the GI and contolled lamps? Is the xl screen available anywhere? I don’t see them in stock at planetary. Basically I’m looking to royal this LE if that’s still possible. Thanks!

stock is pretty much out where I've looked, but they said they (cgc) would make more kits in the future.....

#9366 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Gotta love autocorrect.

HAHAHHAHA....crap

#9378 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

When I installed my mirrored backglass I had to buy the kit from Marco Specialties for the backglasses because the one that CGC uses is smaller.

Ughhhh wonder if I’ll need that for ccr as well :/

4 weeks later
#9393 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:Anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the load beep when the game starts up for CGC when you first turn it on. It really scares my son…I disabled the knocker noise on replays, but don’t see anything on the start up noise. I am guessing there isn’t a way.

there was one person where that noise was gone and we cant figure it out, but I also dislike that loud noise as the volume control does not affect it.

1 week later
#9425 1 year ago

Iirc they were going to run the upgrades again, imo it would be dumb of them not to.

#9427 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Doug and Ryan wanted to move past remakes to original titles. I’m guessing the economy and the ‘Rona have put a damper on parts availability. Plus suppliers can’t get quality help to produce what’s ordered ( Barts arms for example).

Sure, but it is dang hard to say no to guaranteed money. And the preservation of those games is nice for the community.

1 week later
#9446 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

actually, it IS possible, lol. I want the 'Hail to the King, Baby' callout..it would be funny to do have hybrid theme of MM, mixed with Army of Darkness..pretty cool idea acutally!

Mix in some duke nukem

1 week later
#9457 1 year ago

Anyone have gold mirror blades in theirs? Was going to do mirror blades as they help bring light etc in, but gold ones may match the ramps etc.....

#9463 1 year ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I have the gold but don’t have the installed yet if I get them installed soon then I’ll pm you.
I remember seeing pics that sold me on gold but I can’t recall exactly where. They were a nice gold tone, not cheesy bling.

Sweet, thanks!

4 weeks later
#9472 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Don’t buy flipper swords they just come off. Not enough area to stay put. I tried to glue them on and still came off. Glue Ruined the flipper bats so had to replace those. Had swords on my black knight and also came off. Too small.

? I've had my Hookedon ones for a year or two without issue. I don't play a ton though.

#9477 1 year ago

Before owning the upgrade kit, topper, gi etc. I thought it would be a waste or not noticed since nothing moved. Nope it is freaking cool. While playing, I don't "notice" it unless it is dark in the room. However when watching someone play it just adds to the mood and room. Really want a oem one for my MBr

#9484 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinminister:

Lloyd, that says it is for a remake, I have an original MM.

To be fair, you posted in the mm remake thread :-p

If you can’t find a Williams specific shaker, try
http://www.pinshakers.com/

#9496 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Hoping for some help. I have a MMR LE and was able to track down a topper for it, however the extra parts that come with it (topper pcb, hardware, wiring ect we’re all missing)
I was able to track down a topper pcb and made the wiring harness needed myself, now all I need to complete this and make it function is the coms connector and wiring.
I ordered an rj45 splitter off Amazon, and tried it with a couple of cat5 e cables I have laying around and it’s not working.
Does anyone happen to know the red cables that are included, are they just regular cat5 cables or perhaps crossover cables? Anyone have access to them to snap a pic of the writing on the cable it’s self?

I can totally help. I was planning to do this with my MBr, i have parts and pcb but need the wiring etc. I'll go crack open mmr

#9497 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Hoping for some help. I have a MMR LE and was able to track down a topper for it, however the extra parts that come with it (topper pcb, hardware, wiring ect we’re all missing)
I was able to track down a topper pcb and made the wiring harness needed myself, now all I need to complete this and make it function is the coms connector and wiring.
I ordered an rj45 splitter off Amazon, and tried it with a couple of cat5 e cables I have laying around and it’s not working.
Does anyone happen to know the red cables that are included, are they just regular cat5 cables or perhaps crossover cables? Anyone have access to them to snap a pic of the writing on the cable it’s self?

They are B ends. Standard cable.

A02AA5A3-27B3-4B68-80DB-A0F64C2281D4 (resized).jpegA02AA5A3-27B3-4B68-80DB-A0F64C2281D4 (resized).jpegB4603F6F-9A58-4FD2-926B-256C983F4F71 (resized).jpegB4603F6F-9A58-4FD2-926B-256C983F4F71 (resized).jpeg
#9499 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Thank you for this, I’m not sure why mine is t working. I ended up ordering crossover cables anyway just to try and tried yesterday and still no dice, I’m guessing it’s the splitter, but mine looks exactly like yours (got mine on Amazon) I have an email into CGC also but no reply.

did you turn on topper settings in the CGC "dmd" menu?

Added 17 months ago:

EDIT: MMr does not have a topper "enable" just test the lights.

#9502 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Do you have to do this in order for it to all work? As soon as I plug the splitter in on the dmd it says can’t communicate with playfield on the dmd

Hmm makes me think the splitter or cord is causing an issue, but send a pic of your setup. I’ll look at my splitter

1 week later
#9508 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I still have no solution to this problem. Emailing Sara at CGC has been no help. Feeling pretty frustrated

Let me look tonight at your pics vs mine

#9520 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

No that is the problem. My topper arrives missing all the extra install stuff and it has been a nightmare finding it all (it’s a bit of a long story) so I’ve been trying to piece it all back together and this is the last piece of the puzzle. One member already checked his cables and said they are normal Ethernet patch cable, not crossover cable.
If I use a regular patch cable and hook my topper directly to the cpu it works, it’s when I use the splitter got off Amazon that nothing works, so I know it’s the splitter I just can’t find any info out on it. I just ordered a different one and will see if I have any better success with it.

bah sorry, i keep getting busy with family and work. After I fix this work thing let me get down there and look more at mine vs yours. My friend has an ethernet tester... I could test all the cables too and 100% verify.

#9522 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

It’s cool man I understand life is busy.

I snagged my buddies Ethernet tester last night

#9524 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

It’s cool man I understand life is busy.

Can you verify your wiring? The pic above shows the cpu going into the 2 part and the pf going into the single side.

I have verified the ethernet cables and they are all standard "straight" through. This pic is how the game should be wired up.
MMr topper config (resized).pngMMr topper config (resized).png

EDIT: looking at the pic more, i think it is correct wiring wise.
Seems super weird, but do you have any 1' ethernet cables to try for cpu to splitter, and topper to splitter?

1 week later
#9534 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Follow up on this. I finally was able to get my topper working, the rj45 splitters on Amazon do not work. Here is a link to one who does work.
https://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=10168&ad_source=google_usa&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj97p-NCk-wIVIXxvBB298Ac2EAQYAyABEgLZtfD_BwE

Woot woot! Glad another topper was lit up!

1 month later
#9557 1 year ago
Quoted from N101AA:

If the head, playfield glass, and playfield of a MMr are removed, would the cabinet be light enough that two people can carry it up some tricky basement stairs with reasonable effort? I need to move the game from the basement to upstairs prior to putting it up for sale. Getting it down to the basement when I bought it was quite a disaster. I’m wondering if I remove the head and playfield, would that make it light enough for two adults to just carry it up some stairs like a piece of furniture.

Should straps can make quick work. I’ve used them a few times on tight stairs

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/SHOULDER-DOLLY-ShoulderDolly-12-ft-L-x-5-in-W-Moving-Straps-for-items-up-to-800-Lb-LD2000/204726780

1 month later
#9599 1 year ago

did the later run have rgb pops? original runs did not.
But yes that would be the bulb. I ordered those to add rgb to my pops and just haven't done the mod yet. Will do it when I shop the game as the ramps need to come off.

#9602 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Yes the SE and LE in the 2019 run has RGB in the pops, above the castle, in the speakers, and all around the playfield. This particular pop led has a clear star shaped lens and then there's a black plastic body that is screwed down in the pop. I tugged on it pretty hard and am not sure if it has a socket or not. Very hard to see, and I am not sure what I'm looking at. Has anyone ever removed one? What type is it? Is it like the pic I posted from planetary pinball, or is it 555 or bayonets?

by le you mean royal? It is not a normal led you can buy from CT/comet.

2 weeks later
#9623 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Totally. Could you send me a link to a meter you suggest? Thanks again for the quick response. I appreciate your time.
May I use a 5A or a 4A?

$45 FLUKE-101 Digital Multimeter https://a.co/d/9m2fNrr

Best cheap meter you can get

#9626 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a nice multimeter, but the lack of a backlight is a dealbreaker for me recommending it. Especially on a pinball machine it can be in the dark or bad lighting a lot.

Ah, haven’t had an issue yet, but I can see a backlight being awesome. However personally I would take a higher quality build over a cheap with a back lite. I have a fluke something, Klein and Jensen and they all work ok, but the fluke from my dad is better hands down. Luckily for pinball stuff we don’t need a whole lot of features for basic troubleshooting

#9628 1 year ago

Another good recommendation is "alligator" clamp tips so you can clamp on to legs etc as holding 2 leads with 1 hand sucks

#9635 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thanks guys. Problem solved. I appreciate your time. You all motivate me to fix and play pinball. Such a good feeling fixing then playing pinball.

What was the solution?

#9638 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I did a clean on optics and reset all connections and fuses. I checked all wires. The catapult was acting up too. I assumed the shaker/ castle movement might have caused something to get loose. Shaker motor is cool, but I think it loosens mechanics/wires somewhat. All was finally working, but I still keep a close eye on it and thanks for all the quick responses.

ah! thanks for posting

I JUST had an issue where the castle lock wasn't registering. and i tipped the pf up. flicked the switch all worked just fine in test, but it seemed like switch arm got hung up but once I lifted the pf it unstuck and was fine... ugh pinabll

4 weeks later
#9660 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone do the lit troll eyes mod? Took this on today and I have to say that it’s a bit of a bear and was starting to get the best of me.
Removing the troll mechs from the game is the easy part. Right one comes out the top, left one out the bottom, just need to turn them 90 degrees to get clearance and get them out. Each troll mech has three connectors and each coil bracket has four screws, comes right out.
The hard part is removing the trolls from the switch bracket and installing the leds into the trolls and reinstalling the trolls back on to the bracket. First attempt I had the led wires running outside of the trolls, but then I quickly realized if you do that, it interferes with the leaf blades. Took the leds out and ran them inside the trolls and then it was fine. The hardest part was reinstalling the trolls back on to the switch bracket, wasn’t easy lining up the holes. I never took the switch assembly out of the troll mech, I guess if you do that, it could be a little easier.
Drilling the eye holes requires a drill press. I would not want to do it with a power drill as I think the bit could wander and screw things up. I had an extra set of trolls on hand so I wasn’t too worried if I messed one up, which I didn’t. I used 3mm 5v leds and used multiple bits to make the hole big enough to install the leds ending with a 5/32” bit.
I connected the leds to the GI on my LE. If you have an SE or RE, you would connect to the power supply.
If anyone needs help or pointers, please reach out or ask here. You need patience and a couple of hours to do it, but I’m glad I did as the end result is great.
[quoted image]

I’d really like to do the mod, just haven’t pulled the trigger. I also have the rgb pop bumper stuff too… need to get to work

1 week later
#9664 1 year ago

my castle lock switch started to not register, and it seemed when i took it apart, the switch arm was getting caught on the green moat plastic. may have to verify/adjust the arm.

1 week later
#9715 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is there a no bs comparison opinion available between the remake and OG? I thought I had a really nice OG bought, but that went to crap, so exploring all options.

I am not a “wms og” fanatic, love the games but the remakes with the upgrades are where the fun is. I’m not the person to compare flipper times cuz I don’t give a f, I couldn’t tell. I’m playing the game and having fun, hence the remake

#9724 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I own a lineup of B/W pins and have friends who own AFMr and MBr with a lineup of B/W pins. I cannot feel any real difference between them. They all play the same. Except remakes are sooo much better with detailed displays and improved lighting.

Going from the XL display to a standard dmd is SO HARD.

#9726 1 year ago

Playing on say my cgc remakes with the xl displays, then going to play on standard dmds. Is hard to see the dmd and they are kind of disappointingly small xl displays are just so awesome and spoil us

#9746 1 year ago
Quoted from roscoepinball:

I am new to the club - just received my MMrLE with all of the Royal Upgrades. I have played 5 games on it so far & it's froze up twice so far. Basically the game continues, but the flippers are dead and non-responsive. Anyone have any ideas?

hmmm not sure, you may want to flip the pf up, and reseat plugs, and also open the backbox and reseat those plugs too But lloyd may have some ideas.

#9751 1 year ago

Pulled the 4 screws on the Blue driver card - pulled the card and reseated it. They're pretty long pins and appear to be seated quite well in the socket.
Thought it was fixed but just happened again tonight. Both flippers just dead. Multiball had just started and the shaker was going pretty good. I have the tilt bob wrapped, so it didnt tilt. Anything else I should take a look at LTG ?
Side question - my LE appears to have all of the Royal upgrades. RGB GI, Large color DMD, Topper. Speakers are single color blue - are the mode aware speaker lights a separate upgrade? Thanks in advance!

There is a Keypost I can find later too, but it shows how to get your speakers to change rgb. It’s like moving a pin over on a plug

#9753 1 year ago

Awesome - thanks northvibe.
I need to swap out driver boards tonight to see what's going on - will probably pull and reseat every single connection under the playfield and in the cabinet+backbox. It travelled across the US to me, so there's a solid change something is loose. Just need to track it down starting with switching the driver boards per LTG

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/153#post-5931025

#9757 1 year ago

RGB speaker is easy and worthwhile mod for sure! the pops I have the parts but haven't done it yet.

3 months later
#9815 8 months ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Those would’ve been perfect but unfortunately, they said it’s been removed from production

Ive had the PBL orange sling/inlane protectors on for a few years, been fine and work well. but Ive don't have tons of games but haven't had any issues with broken plastics.

#9820 8 months ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Just picked up a clean MMR LE. I recall there was a mod for the catapult with a chase light does anyone know if this mod is still being made? Any mods that anyone thinks is worth. At this time I am doing the following:
Painting Castle
Pinwize two headed dragon
Pinwize light up wizard
Pinwize green arch light
Pinstadium lighting
Mezel Mod goblin green light
Any other suggestions??

Cliffy and mantis (mantis specially at the castle lock door)
inlane/sling protectors
missing plastic in front of castle (pbl has this)
RGB pop bumpers w/ clear caps - if you get your RGB kit
hooked on pinball has a few mods too.

#9824 8 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I meant to write this up a long time ago, and never got around to it. I loved the look and idea of the Barrel Lights from The Mod Couple, but their mod isn't set up to be compatible with the RGB lighting on the remakes. I found a way to make this work that could be used with generic spotlights as well:
I am pulling power from the original GI circuit, at "GI1." This is part of the "Lower GI" circuit on the main PCB. Since all of the RGB lighting is coming from an external board, this is unpopulated, but still active and controllable from the game menu. It functions in concert with the RGB GI, which I am pretty sure is triggered by the original circuit. I bought a Molex connector and the connectors to go with it from Mouser.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/molex/22-01-3047/?qs=cRUT3GdJqny7%252bjvo4bugHw%3D%3D&countrycode=US¤cycode=USD
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/molex/79758-0015/?qs=6kT3pPPHxnXGS%2Fs989roJw%3D%3D&countrycode=US¤cycode=USD
When I ordered my bulbs from Comet, I ordered a 2 way matrix splitter, and (2) 12" Matrix extensions.
I carefully removed the heat shrink from the Mod Couple cables, and installed the 12" extensions. I then re-installed heat shrink, but kept it isolated to the junction points to keep the wires as small and flexible as possible. The heat shrink doesn't go small enough for the wire-only sections anyway. I removed the top sling leaf-switch from it's mounting, and lowered it slightly to make more room for the Matrix connector to slip through the playfield. Once the Matrix connector was through, the leaf-switch was reinstalled.
I utilized one of the extension cables that comes from the Mod Couple kit to connect to the leads from the Mouser sourced connector. The connections are then very straightforward, and I wire-tied everything out of the way.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, I always wanted those things...

#9837 8 months ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Is the RGB upgrade worth all the effort?It seems like a 3 to 4 hour install

I think so, it makes the whole pf change to the other rgb inserts. I don't do pinstadiums so this is my kind of mod.

4 months later
#9902 3 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Left castle turrets don't return to their beginning position - plastic is not in the way, maybe the spring needs to be replaced (or something else I should check)? Any suggestions on a spring to use that I might have laying around in my parts bins? So hard to guess with these, needs to have just enough tension to bring them back, but not so much that they barely move at all...

Can you move it with your hand/fingers back?

Quoted from WillM:

This. And we'll just skip the part that I've owned a CCr for nearly a year, with a strikingly similar process for accessing the CGC menu - have utilized it multiple times
Confirmed: Version 3.0
So, do I need the original/duplicate SD card from CGC to install and/or use the topper?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Your playfield firmware is at 3.0 but your software version is 2.0.1. The most current release is 3.0. 3.0 adds the support for the topper.

Yup, just do the update per cgc
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update

1 week later
#9915 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any reason to shy away from the original 2015 run remakes i.e. an MMRLE with color chip over the 2019 rerun other than of course if you can get a model with the the other upgrades (doesn't seem possible w/o BIG $$$)?
I only ask as I have seen a few random comments in various places saying that the 2015 models have issues, have bad audio and some other issues etc. Not sure that is really the case but just what I have read and would like some feedback from others.
Thanks

The first ones were built at Stern and those seemed to have a few? weird issues. Other than that they literally should be the same. THe original run are LE's, which is what I have, and it has been a freaking tank. Mine is a later built LE but I don't think I've had to really fix anything that I can remember except that right orbit guide having to be bent a touch. I'd buy any of them if they were available. But as you state, if you want the add ons, probably easier to get them already installed as you never know when/if CGC will rerun them.

I wasn't big into the add ons until I got them... they are awesome. I for sure recommend the color, but the XL display is a must, sooooo gorgeous and easy to see.

1 week later
#9927 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Assuming someone has the board and cables for the RGB upgrade kit (no topper or XL display though just the regular display with color chip) is there anything else I would need to install this on an MMRLE?

potential code update.

#9934 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

In preparation for getting my MMRLE I have a couple of questions about add ons please.
What plastic protector set does everyone use and what color looks best (just clear?)? It appears that none of include a protector for the missing center lane plastic which I do plan to get from PBL
Does anyone do a single headed light up dragon for the red one? Not interested in the blue one on the left even though it looks nice I feel like it covers up too much.
LED Troll eyes - pinwize still the best/only choice here? I don't have the patience or ability to drill mine out and do the LEDs.
Lit catapult - I read a lot of talk about this one is it the mod from Lermods or is it something else?
Lit moat - does MMR have a lit moat or is this an add on as well - seems cool
Thanks for your help

I have the orange inlane/sling protectors from PBL, they look nice with the rgb.
Add the missing plastic in front of the castle.

Cliffy set
Mantis set (specially the one in front of the castle lock)

I have not done the troll eye mod yet but probably will.

#9970 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Asking this again for an MMRLE if I am getting protectors should I get the full Cliffy set AND the full Mantis set - are there any overlaps in the kits (seems like it but I could be wrong)?
And a MMRLE did not come with any factory protectors did it?
Thanks

It did not.

I have the full cliffy and added the mantis castle lock and Merlin. You can mix and match but not sure what else mantis makes

#9982 89 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yep just a weee bit.
Question is what promise will they give now that they don't meet? That's always they concern with CGC. You will get a good well built game but no idea when you will get it.

ya, they did say they'd run kits too. I love having them all on...so good.

#9991 86 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Did they add the Williams logo below the DMD?

It’s a sticker you can get for the “normal” size dmd that shipped with the le

#9996 85 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

The CPR mirrored backglass - read some comments about it not fitting in the game.
Do I need to order new glass channel all around to get it to fit?

I’ve heard they don’t fit the stock channels. I’d just order new channels with it.

4 weeks later
#10079 57 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Did you check settings in A.4 09 HIGH SCORE RESET EVERY?
Is it disabled/off?
Also check the other high score settings in the A.4 section to make sure they are how you want them.
Hopefully it is as simple as that.

I was gonna ask about a setting like this, stern had it on their older games too, so every x plays it resets the xyz score. Which can be very confusing lol

#10091 53 days ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Unable to find any problems with the wiring, I ordered a new coil. The new coil has diodes, the original coil does not. Is it OK to install the new coil as is?

The manual with schematics should tell you, otherwise LTG it no one responds by the time I get home I can also look

1 week later
#10123 44 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I bought a lot of medieval madness parts and it came with a Merlin mod that has the smallest LED I’ve ever seen lighting his crystal ball. The LED is red and I’d like to change it - does anyone know a good source for the micro LED’s ?
[quoted image]

Digikey or mouser

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.