IMG_0120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0079 (resized).jpeg
image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 205.
#10151 52 days ago
Quoted from Jargus:

But that’s just for audio, right?

Yes.

Quoted from Jargus:

I know the RGB GI kit and the King of Payne topper include a board to go fully controlled RGB,

Looks like you need that board too for the speaker lights.

LTG : )

#10152 52 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like you need that board too for the speaker lights.

This is the connector I’m talking about. I’ve seen pics online of kits where that has some adapter plugged into a splitter off the yellow/black that powers the monitor. But that didn’t come with my kit.

IMG_4784 (resized).jpegIMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
#10153 52 days ago

I mean, I certainly wouldn’t say no if someone had a spare topper/GI board with wires.

#10154 52 days ago

ROM MEDIEVAL MADNESS -CPU PROFANITY
Has anyone tried this Rom I see listed in the marketplace ?

#10155 52 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

ROM MEDIEVAL MADNESS -CPU PROFANITY
Has anyone tried this Rom I see listed in the marketplace

Remakes dont use the OG sound Roms

#10156 52 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Remakes dont use the OG sound Roms

Thank You
I probably dont need to hear more people say F you anyway.

#10157 52 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thank You
I probably dont need to hear more people say F you anyway.

It's only a single callout. You can enable it with custom firmware.

#10158 52 days ago
Quoted from Jargus:

I mean, I certainly wouldn’t say no if someone had a spare topper/GI board with wires.

PM'd you.

Also, if you end up getting mine, you'll want to use this too, not sure why it was never keyposted but here are the instructions to make the speaker lights RGB.

c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpegc58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
#10159 52 days ago

Hi guys, I'm back in the club
MMR LE in the house.

Few nice mods added already.
I added the custom launch button, not available anymore.
Flipper toppers as well.

IMG_0078 (resized).jpegIMG_0078 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegIMG_0079 (resized).jpegIMG_0079 (resized).jpegIMG_0120 (resized).jpegIMG_0120 (resized).jpeg
#10160 52 days ago
Quoted from benime:

PM'd you.
Also, if you end up getting mine, you'll want to use this too, not sure why it was never keyposted but here are the instructions to make the speaker lights RGB.
[quoted image]

Greetings
Assuming one has a topper w/PCB AND the XL Display - all in good working order - how does same individual acquire/ obtain/ enable RGB lighting?

#10161 52 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Greetings
Assuming one has a topper w/PCB AND the XL Display - all in good working order - how does same individual acquire/ obtain/ enable RGB lighting?

You have to have the RGB kit AFAIK.

There were 3 upgrade kits offered before

Topper
XL Display with sound upgrade
RGB lighting

#10162 52 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

You have the have the RGB kit AFAIK.
There were 3 upgrade kits offered before
Topper
XL Display with sound upgrade
RGB lighting

Ok, so what is the next thing/item needed to get to RGB lighting for my MMrLE?

#10163 52 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Yes and like the other two kits no longer offered. If you believe the CGC rumor mill they will make more - of course it might be 2028 before they ever show up again but maybe they will prove me wrong.

#10164 52 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

The instructions I posted from kapsreiter are for enabling RGB lighting for the speaker lights in the XL Display kit. If you follow those instructions, then your speaker lights will no longer just light up blue, but also multicolor when those light cues are triggered (castle gate, catapult, trolls, damsel, dragon, etc).

If you're asking about RGB GI lighting, you would need the RGB GI LED kit because the standard LEDs are just white.

#10165 52 days ago
Quoted from benime:

The instructions I posted from kapsreiter are for enabling RGB lighting for the speaker lights in the XL Display kit. If you follow those instructions, then your speaker lights will no longer just light up blue, but also multicolor when those light cues are triggered (castle gate, catapult, trolls, damsel, dragon, etc).
If you're asking about RGB GI lighting, you would need the RGB GI LED kit because the standard LEDs are just white.

Thank you for the reply - I really do appreciate it! I suppose my question is: Do I simply purchase an RGB LED bulb kit and everything else simply comes together?

#10166 52 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Thank you for the reply - I really do appreciate it! I suppose my question is: Do I simply purchase an RGB LED bulb kit and everything else simply comes together?

Yes, if/when CGC makes another batch of the RGB GI lighting kit, you would purchase that and it would have everything needed to change over your GI lighting to RGB.

#10167 52 days ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party, but I just purchased the XL Display and Speaker kit from Game Room Guys. Got it installed relatively easily, but the speakers don't light up at all. Looks like there's a connector I'm missing (ie, I've got the plug for the speaker lights, but nothing to plug it into). Anybody know what that connector is or where to find it?
I know the RGB GI kit and the King of Payne topper include a board to go fully controlled RGB, and I'm happy to install that if I can find it, but just getting the speakers to light up blue would be a hell of an improvement.

When you say, "Just purchased" , how recent was this? Gameroom Guys shows sold out?!

Screenshot_20240405_112258_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240405_112258_Gallery (resized).jpg
#10168 52 days ago

They had 2 this morning.

one is on it's way to KS

#10169 51 days ago

I was just talking with my brother (who loves pinball as much as I do) and I recall when CGC first announced they were going to start making the MM pin. I remember the original MMs we’re going for around $15,000 bucks at the time and people were stating that price was way too high, while the owners of the original MM were stating they didn’t like the idea of CGC remaking the pin because now their original will lose its value because of the “new and better” MM will blow it out of the water. The original owners were chastised and ridiculed for being “greedy” and “should never buy a pin for an investment” and now the CGC version of MM will finally get the game into the hands of players who could not afford them or did not want to drop that kind of coin for a pinball.

Fast forward years later and I noticed the remakes are commanding about the same price, if not more, than the originals were commanding years ago.

And the wheels on the bus go round and round.

#10170 51 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

When you say, "Just purchased" , how recent was this? Gameroom Guys shows sold out?![quoted image]

They had a total of four about a week ago. Not sure if it’s old stock they found or newly produced.

Although, several of the stickers do say 2023, so likely recent.

#10171 51 days ago

anyone try this troll eyes kit ?I dont find installation instructions.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Added 43 days ago:

its garbage

#10172 51 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

anyone try this troll eyes kit ?I dont find installation instructions.
[quoted image]

Wow they don't even wire it together? I hope you didn't pay more than 10 bucks for that. Could add this onto a mouser order for maybe $1..

#10173 51 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Wow they don't even wire it together? I hope you didn't pay more than 10 bucks for that. Could add this onto a mouser order for maybe $1..

no instructions either

#10174 49 days ago

This dont look so hard.We will soon see.

#10175 47 days ago

Are the Red and Green trolls hard to find on this game?
I see the brackets are very hard to find; kinda surprises me.

#10176 47 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Are the Red and Green trolls hard to find on this game?
I see the brackets are very hard to find; kinda surprises me.

Planetary has the trolls readily available
$22.50 green
$25.50 red

#10177 47 days ago

Im doing sideblades today ,can this be done without removing the playfield or ?
I have done Sterns before and it seems like less room in MM.

#10178 47 days ago

Thanks norcalpin they went right on and look great

#10179 43 days ago
Quoted from benime:

PM'd you.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing this. As noted, these instructions are exactly what's needed for full RGB interaction w/ XL display & the KoP topper.
Here's hoping we'll see another batch of RGB GI kits...

Screenshot_20240413_205351_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240413_205351_Gallery (resized).jpg

#10180 43 days ago
Quoted from benime:

PM'd you.
[quoted image]

All lit up and interactive.

Thanks again!

IMG_4885 (resized).jpegIMG_4885 (resized).jpeg
#10181 43 days ago

My lockdown bar moves around,its a little loose on this machine
not tight like all my other machines.Any advice ?

#10182 43 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Just a thought…possibly add some strategically placed thin foam underneath the top of the lockdown bar

#10183 43 days ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

Just a thought…possibly add some strategically placed thin foam underneath the top of the lockdown bar

I will give it a try,thanks

#10184 42 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It is adjustable via the two brass screws in the top of the assembly. My best luck in doing so has been to remove the glass, balls, then lift the playfield against the backbox. Put the lockbar in place, stick your head in the cabinet, and look underneath the lockbar mechanism at how each slotted tab of the lockbar is engaged by the sliding mechanism. You will quickly see which side needs to move up or down. (In your case, they probably both need to go down several turns) Remove the lockbar, then adjust each screw up or down. Repeat until you can just barely catch the slot, so that tension is applied downward when engaging the lock. If it is too far down, you won't enter the slots, and will have a hard time moving the handle all the way to the locked position.

#10185 42 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

It is adjustable via the two brass screws in the top of the assembly. My best luck in doing so has been to remove the glass, balls, then lift the playfield against the backbox. Put the lockbar in place, stick your head in the cabinet, and look underneath the lockbar mechanism at how each slotted tab of the lockbar is engaged by the sliding mechanism. You will quickly see which side needs to move up or down. (In your case, they probably both need to go down several turns) Remove the lockbar, then adjust each screw up or down. Repeat until you can just barely catch the slot, so that tension is applied downward when engaging the lock. If it is too far down, you won't enter the slots, and will have a hard time moving the handle all the way to the locked position.

Thank You

#10186 42 days ago

Your are welcome. This is one of the few things that I prefer about a Stern design over B/W: I've never had a loose lockdown bar on a Stern, nor had to adjust one.

#10187 41 days ago

I know it seems pretty likely we are getting another run of MMR games from CGC in the near future. Do we have any idea of which model it will be? I'm guessing Special Edition's based on them asking people's interest levels in RGB kits and XL displays. I'm also curious if pricing will be adjusted to the current market for these games or if it will match what they were when originally released at which I think was ~$9k for the LE/Special Edition.

#10188 41 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I know it seems pretty likely we are getting another run of MMR games from CGC in the near future. Do we have any idea of which model it will be? I'm guessing Special Edition's based on them asking people's interest levels in RGB kits and XL displays. I'm also curious if pricing will be adjusted to the current market for these games or if it will match what they were when originally released at which I think was ~$9k for the LE/Special Edition.

Same as Cactus Canyon?

#10189 41 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Same as Cactus Canyon?

Duh, you are totally right. I didn't even think to use that as a baseline, good thinking. Gives me hope it will be reasonably priced.

#10190 41 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Duh, you are totally right. I didn't even think to use that as a baseline, good thinking. Gives me hope it will be reasonably priced.

MMR SE was 9k in 2019 so and Royal was 10k so I would not expect it to be lower 5 years later.

#10191 39 days ago

Waiting for the next run here myself as well. Any more word on it yet?

#10192 35 days ago

I shattered the glass on my backboard trying to take it out for a battery replacement. It’s alway been difficult to get out as the speaker panel seems an 1/8” too big. In any case does anyone know where a can get a replacement?
I’ve searched around (planetary, Marco) but not sure of the correct size.

#10193 35 days ago

Planetary Pinball Supply is the source for parts for the remakes. If not on the website, contact them. They can hook you up.

#10194 35 days ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I shattered the glass on my backboard trying to take it out for a battery replacement. It’s alway been difficult to get out as the speaker panel seems an 1/8” too big. In any case does anyone know where a can get a replacement?
I’ve searched around (planetary, Marco) but not sure of the correct size.

it's just clear glass right? I had this happen on a spike 2 game recently. Marcos wanted $70 plus shipping for the glass. My local glass company sold me a piece for $22. It's not tempered, but I feel like that piece doesn't really need to be. (if you want tempered, I'm sure your local glass company can still do it for less than any pinball place)

edit, or use the opportunity to change to a mirrored backglass: (use the original translite somewhere else at home or sell online...)

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mmglass/

#10195 35 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

it's just clear glass right? I had this happen on a spike 2 game recently. Marcos wanted $70 plus shipping for the glass. My local glass company sold me a piece for $22. It's not tempered, but I feel like that piece doesn't really need to be. (if you want tempered, I'm sure your local glass company can still do it for less than any pinball place)
edit, or use the opportunity to change to a mirrored backglass: (use the original translite somewhere else at home or sell online...)
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/mmglass/

Yes it was clear glass but it must have been some type of shatterproof. It was the original glass than CCG put in the game. I had replaced the translite with a 3D one that someone was selling years ago. The actual transits is fine. Just can’t find who is selling just the glass at the correct dimensions. So don’t need the translite. I guess I’ll contact planetary and or my local glass co. Just need the dimensions.

#10196 35 days ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Yes it was clear glass but it must have been some type of shatterproof. It was the original glass than CCG put in the game. I had replaced the translite with a 3D one that someone was selling years ago. The actual transits is fine. Just can’t find who is selling just the glass at the correct dimensions. So don’t need the translite. I guess I’ll contact planetary and or my local glass co. Just need the dimensions.

Meaure the opening and ask for tempered glass no bug.you may have to order and wait a couple days because some shops dont cut tempered at their shop they just order it.

#10198 35 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I second this. The mirrored backglass is amazing in the game!

#10199 35 days ago

OORRR...
acrylic Flyland designs translight... requires no glass and looks better

especially when next to others...

PXL_20240324_234923770 (resized).jpgPXL_20240324_234923770 (resized).jpg
#10200 35 days ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

especially when next to others...

I keep my Sprayway in the same spot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
17,877 (OBO)
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.80
Playfield - Other
Steel Tiger Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.