IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 56.
#1301 10 months ago

I'm not sure if this is the right "Mirco Sucks" thread so if I am in the wrong place please let me know.

3 years ago I sent Mirco a very rare play field to reproduce. 3 years !!!! I can't get the man off the dime. We have gone beyond the being nice to each other bullshit phase.

I have told him several times to just send the play field back and I would pay for the shipping.

I finally called him out for his 3 years of excuses of not reproducing this play field. He says Jersey Jack is keeping him busy. OK, Mirco, I get it. You can't do the job. Just send it back. He pretty much told me to fuck off.

I told him I have no idea if he will be taking another 1, or 2, or 3 years to produce this play field.

And now he ghosts me when I send him an email.

How do I get some action out of this lying POS ?

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks

#1302 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm not sure if this is the right "Mirco Sucks" thread so if I am in the wrong place please let me know.
3 years ago I sent Mirco a very rare play field to reproduce. 3 years !!!! I can't get the man off the dime. We have gone beyond the being nice to each other bullshit phase.
I have told him several times to just send the play field back and I would pay for the shipping.
I finally called him out for his 3 years of excuses of not reproducing this play field. He says Jersey Jack is keeping him busy. OK, Mirco, I get it. You can't do the job. Just send it back. He pretty much told me to fuck off.
I told him I have no idea if he will be taking another 1, or 2, or 3 years to produce this play field.
Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks

Well, we sent him a Centaur pf over 5 years ago, and still nothing so I feel your pain (when cpr wasn’t making them anymore).
I’d just like my pf back if he’s not going to do anything with it. Maybe he’s collecting pfs to hang on his wall??? Seems kinda shitty.

At least CPR gives you a time frame. Maybe they miss it, but they make it eventually…..

#1303 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks

It’s amazing, frankly. Just scan the damn thing and send it back! What more do you need Mirco? Highclasspinball

#1304 10 months ago

Once again, Mirco shows his true colors. Totally unacceptable taking advantage of people who are trying to not only better the hobby, but help him profit in the process!

#1305 10 months ago

This is truly horrible news. I had hoped Mirco had stepped up not only his quality but his customer service. I'm truly rooting for the guy as our hobby needs playfields.

About 5 years ago I bought a Mirco FH pf. Man it was gorgeous! Unfortunately after installing hardware the clear pooled. My installer sent me a pic so i drove over there and wowser pooling in full effect! I sent Mirco an email and he said it was normal and should level out in a few days. 4 days later andit was actually a little worse! That same day my installer sent me pics of two FH's that he did for a client. Both being routed and ~2 months old. The clear was cracked in multiple spots on both of them and then scoop edges were chipped to hell. My installer called me the following day and said check the pictures I just sent you. The gawd damned holes on my pf were drilled not only in wrong places but crooked! If anyone doubts me I do have pictures "some where".
Anyway that was the last straw. I had purchased this through JJP and they fought me tooth and nail. I ended up filing a chargeback with my bank and I won. I was fortunate to find a $2200 genuine OEM playfield cleared by Kruzman (confirmed with Ron it was his work). After all the shit I went through - it was actually a blessing in disguise. Who else in the world has a brand new Williams OEM pf cleared by Kruzman?! Answer - nobody but me!
I sincerely do wish Mirco the best in success and I HIGHLY advise him to offer an uncoated PF and let those of us that know better send them off to be professionally cleared. If he did that I'd buy an Addams family right freaking now.

#1306 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks

Meet him at a pinball show he attends, with a friend or three. Could his smugness change?

#1307 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks

Please copy your info to Rick at PP. I saw here in one of the threads where he is looking into playfield quality issues with Mirco.

Since PP sells playfields and allows Mirco to reproduce them, maybe he can persuade the dude to give you back your playfield.

I wonder if anyone has ever attempted to file a civil action against him in Germany or where ever his business is located.

Europeans is this possible ?

#1308 10 months ago

If only it were easy to sue him from here
Maybe criminal action for theft?

#1309 10 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

If only it were easy to sue him from here
Maybe criminal action for theft?

Internationally? Good luck.

#1310 10 months ago

You can always try emailing the German police if you think you have been the victim of a crime: [email protected]

#1311 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks

It's just bloody anger now that I feel when reading Mirco threads. How this crook is still able to do business, sheltered by JJP is fucking astonishing. Asshole doesn't come close to covering this clown. His sheer arrogance, ambivilance to customer complaints, unwillingness to recognise issues and resolve them and an unwavering inclination to hide behind physical distance to majority of the world. Such a shame.

#1312 10 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

It's just bloody anger now that I feel when reading Mirco threads. How this crook is still able to do business, sheltered by JJP is fucking astonishing. Asshole doesn't come close to covering this clown. His sheer arrogance, ambivilance to customer complaints, unwillingness to recognise issues and resolve them and an unwavering inclination to hide behind physical distance to majority of the world. Such a shame.

You forgot the smugness

#1313 10 months ago

How this crook is still able to do business, sheltered by JJP is fucking astonishing.

It’s bizarre to me that JJP hasn’t switched…I mean, it’s not like there isn’t *some other company in Germany making really good playfields* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1314 10 months ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

*some other company in Germany

Rumor has it that "TheHack" is a early investor in JJP in some way. This is why JJP can't back out of the deal.

#1315 10 months ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Well, we sent him a Centaur pf over 5 years ago, and still nothing so I feel your pain

5 years !!! This is not encouraging.

Do you get any kind of correspondence from him at all?

#1316 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Meet him at a pinball show he attends, with a friend or three. Could his smugness change?

I have not been to TPF since the covid stuff started. I was told Mirco was not at TPF last year and asked him about that. He said his wife had some sort of cancer they were dealing with.

[removed]

I have also thought of putting his email address out and ask everybody to clog up his email so that maybe he would return it out of email DNS frustration.

#1318 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

5 years !!! This is not encouraging.
Do you get any kind of correspondence from him at all?

Nah, we just stopped asking about it. I’m not losing any sleep over it. Just annoyed by it. But lesson learned.

#1319 10 months ago

His sheer arrogance, ambivilance to customer complaints, unwillingness to recognise issues and resolve them and an unwavering inclination to hide behind physical distance to majority of the world. Such a shame.

I had one of his Quicksilver play fields that developed a paint adhesion problem. I actually shamed him into sending me a replacement; And I know of others who have bought his Quicksliver play field with pooling and bubbling problems and Mirco told them to pound sand.

#1320 10 months ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Nah, we just stopped asking about it. I’m not losing any sleep over it. Just annoyed by it. But lesson learned.

More encouragement

I'm not going to stop. I will jack with his email.

This was/is my Dragonfist play field. Only 301 of these pins were produced by Stern.

#1321 10 months ago

Man what if somebody went to a pinball show that Mirco was at and took a picture of his back? That would really show him

#1322 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Man what if somebody went to a pinball show that Mirco was at and took a picture of his back? That would really show him

LMAO

#1323 10 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Rumor has it that "TheHack" is a early investor in JJP in some way. This is why JJP can't back out of the deal.

I havn't bought a New JJP since all this came to light, and won't.

How low can TS4 go?

How low can GF go?

Maybe that is the only way to change things.

Customers Fault?

#1324 10 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Customers Fault?

I'll never forget that one. Never.

#1325 10 months ago

If the posts (etc) are checked for tightness chipping is nonexistent. Gotta check the playfields when the pin is first received

Worked for willy. Worked for g&r.

#1326 10 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

If the posts (etc) are checked for tightness chipping is nonexistent. Gotta check the playfields when the pin is first received

Naw.. that's the thing.. some PFs are perfectly fine, others are problematic. It's a gamble and you won! congrats.

#1327 10 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:If the posts (etc) are checked for tightness chipping is nonexistent. Gotta check the playfields when the pin is first received

In March 2021 I bought a NIB Wonka LE that had a manufacturing date of 11/2019. So more than enough time to cure, checked and snugged everything right out of the box I even added washers below the sling posts and 30 Plays in pooling started. It’s just the luck of the draw.

#1328 10 months ago

WRONG - where in the world did you come up with this?

Quoted from c818919taylor:

#1329 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

In March 2021 I bought a NIB Wonka LE that had a manufacturing date of 11/2019. So more than enough time to cure, checked and snugged everything right out of the box I even added washers below the sling posts and 30 Plays in pooling started. It’s just the luck of the draw.

I'm not sure it is luck of the draw.

Notwithstanding my Dragonfist play field Mirco seems to have decided to keep, I have built 2 of his Quicksilver play fields and one Nine Ball play field. I had pooling problems with one of the play fields and the other two are suspect but what I did was to use bonded Neoprene washers under each an every post. That solved any pooling problems.

These are nice because after you tighten the post down, the washer keeps it up and away from the play field and you can hook a fingernail under the post. I recommend them for any build on any play field.

https://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Bonded-Sealing-Washers-Stainless/dp/B07WX7HNGD/ref=sr_1_3

Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 4.18.11 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-06-29 at 4.18.11 PM (resized).jpg

Here is the problem I ran into with my first QS play field. I had a slingshot post split sometime during the night. And the post acted like a shovel and dug out a chunk of paint. Mirco tried to blame me by saying I over-torqued the post. I persisted and he did send me a replacement play field and I kept the this one and made the repair.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Here is some post distortion at a couple of other post locations on this play field. Using the neoprene washers stopped this problem.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

And this is a post area on a pin that I restored and clear coated 5 years ago. There is no pooling, etc. I think Mirco is using some substandard clear on his pins, but he knows all and will not listen.

This post area is why I will always be using the rubber washers going forward.

IMG_3460 (resized).JPGIMG_3460 (resized).JPG

#1330 10 months ago

For those who have posted that you sent a playfield to Mirco for reproduction, did you get promised a reproduction playfield of your choice (like CPR does)? Did you get that playfield delivered to you? Or were you wanting a reproduction of what you sent and are still waiting on it?

#1331 10 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Or were you wanting a reproduction of what you sent and are still waiting on it?

Still waiting. 3 years.

#1332 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Still waiting. 3 years.

He won’t send you back the original and something else for your trouble?

#1333 10 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1334 10 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

That's why I am here bitching about it. I have asked him several times and offered to pay for the shipping.

#1335 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's why I am here bitching about it. I have asked him several times and offered to pay for the shipping.

are there any other pinsiders that reside in germany (close to mirco) that could help you reclaim your playfield?

#1336 10 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

For those who have posted that you sent a playfield to Mirco for reproduction, did you get promised a reproduction playfield of your choice (like CPR does)?

CPR changed that policy a long time ago. Was $150 store credit when I last sent one in, at least 6-7 years ago.

#1337 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

CPR changed that policy a long time ago. Was $150 store credit when I last sent one in, at least 6-7 years ago.

Not when I spoke to them recently (2023). Sent them plastics, got free plastics of my choice (and originals back). Sent them back glass, got free back glass of my choice (and original back…in one piece, ha). Was told for the playfield it was they keep the original and you get a playfield of choice back, which could include the reproduction

Mantis does the same bounty system for metal that Kerry wants to change into stainless steel

#1338 10 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Not when I spoke to them recently (2023). Sent them plastics, got free plastics of my choice (and originals back). Sent them back glass, got free back glass of my choice (and original back…in one piece, ha). Was told for the playfield it was they keep the original and you get a playfield of choice back back, which could include the reproduction

CPR keeps your playfield now? Who do they think they are, Mirco?

#1339 10 months ago

Thank sweet baby jesus this guy isn't making playfields for CGC, i will never spend a dime to support that business.

He only does them for JJP for the most part? Sounds like a horrible person to deal with, nothing like fast tracking the clear coat process so it doesn't cure proper.

Thin coat, gasses out correctly, sand and re-clear, repeat process.....

#1340 10 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

are there any other pinsiders that reside in germany (close to mirco) that could help you reclaim your playfield?

Yes. I discovered a guy in Germany (U.S. ex-pat) who has a Nine Ball that had a fairly decent play field. At my request he contacted Mirco, broke down his Nine Ball and took it to Mirco and within 3 months Nine Ball play fields were being sold ( All the while Mirco already has my play field).

My contact lives with in driving distance of Mirco. He is aware of my problem but has not offered to help and i would not feel comfortable asking.

#1341 10 months ago

Heads up everyone never buy anything or ship anything for this bonehead what ever he says he will not do ether way so just don't or buy JJP pins he's PF are crap all around they only last a year or two

#1342 10 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Heads up everyone never buy anything or ship anything for this bonehead what ever he says he will not do ether way so just don't or buy JJP pins he's PF are crap all around they only last a year or two

Well, no. If you buy something, he ships. In this regard he is not a thief. This is what makes my situation seem so strange.

And there was an issue with my first Quicksilver play field. He said to send it back and he would fix it and return it. He did just that.

You say, "he's PF are crap all around they only last a year or two." What are your experiences with his play fields only lasting a year or two?

Other than the well documented pooling and peeling issues, what other things should we be looking for? I posted my solution of using neoprene washers to control and eliminate the pooling problem and thought I had it all solved.

What other issues on my 3 Mirco play fields do I need to be concerned about? Be specific, please.

#1343 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, no. If you buy something, he ships. In this regard he is not a thief. This is what makes my situation seem so strange.
And there was an issue with my first Quicksilver play field. He said to send it back and he would fix it and return it. He did just that.
You say, "he's PF are crap all around they only last a year or two." What are your experiences with his play fields only lasting a year or two?
Other than the well documented pooling and peeling issues, what other things should we be looking for? I posted my solution of using neoprene washers to control and eliminate the pooling problem and thought I had it all solved.
What other issues on my 3 Mirco play fields do I need to be concerned about? Be specific, please.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only/page/102#post-7647234

Quoted from cottonm4:

what other things should we be looking for?

There was a huge thread on the 9-ball field and the bad artwork, as well as comments on misaligned post holes and dimples.

But for lasting a year or two - cracks, ghosting, chipping and peeling around posts like above..

#1344 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes if u buy from him yes he will for sure because it's money in his pocket ,I got a IJ PF from him which wasn't cheap at all when I got it looks good until I was going too install it and found out the clear coat wasn't dry and the more I looked at it some inserts wasn't that good ether so I told him about he said ok send it back but I had too pay the shipping ,I don't think so that's he's way too get out of it ,most people won't spend 500 more too send it back ,so that PF wasn't going in too my IJ that's for sure ,so I sold that PF insend and restored my own from the game and I have too say now after doing I am was better off with the same PF that now will last 30 more years ,not like his PF I have seen with my own eyes two years later after ball play and tons of people on here with pooling ,the pins from the 90s never had theses problems so for me I am sticking with the 90s pins all the way but that's me

#1345 10 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only/page/102#post-7647234

There was a huge thread on the 9-ball field and the bad artwork, as well as comments on misaligned post holes and dimples.
But for lasting a year or two - cracks, ghosting, chipping and peeling around posts like above..

Oh ya forgot too say there way lots of misaligned post holes and dimples on the IJ PF that most parts didn't line up which was grap that's why I didn't want his grap ever again and better off restoring my old one that will last 30 more year at the end

#1346 10 months ago

File a report with your local police. They should collaborate with German police. That costs you nothing.

#1347 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

More encouragement
I'm not going to stop. I will jack with his email.
This was/is my Dragonfist play field. Only 301 of these pins were produced by Stern.

This has been floating around in my head for several years. I couldn't recall who sent their Dragonfist PF to him. Sorry to hear it was you.

It rubs additional salt in the wound because so many DF owners & potential scratch builders really need that reproduction. I gave up hoping for this awhile ago & moved onto other projects. He's been promising to produce AS playfields for at least 5 years, if only someone would send him a PF for artwork reference. Glad no one ever did.

#1348 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That solved any pooling problems.

Weeeelllllll ..... with all intended and due respect, you didn't "solve" a problem per say, but you did mitigate it. For games without VUK kickouts or scoops I'm sure Mircos "soft, pliable and reliable" approach works fine.

The FACT there is inconsistency in his own product is just proof there's inconsistency *being introduced* somewhere. Derp.

If someone knows Mirco please pass this on to him.
If I were Mirco, this would become standard operating procedure to help instill public confidence. Currently his silence is actually an admission of guilty.
1.) After PF goes through CNC, a stiff paper template is laid over PF backside and quick dry ink rolled over. Visual confirmation that hole placement is proper (for them and customer!) Can also confirm that any potential drifting is caught before it gets stupid out of alignment and product loss occurs.
2.) 30 day drying window. Once time expires a post is inserted. I assure you a pool WILL appear in under 24 hours. (PF is marked as a second and price reduced). This ones important. He'd be openly admitting the PF has issues and selling the defect at a reduced price. Nobody can complain at that point. You knew what you were buying and he's no longer the bad guy!
3.) Offer a "clear-less" option for those that prefer a high quality coating. He can pump and dump and the client is happy. He's making money and no longer the bad guy!

#1349 10 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Weeeelllllll ..... with all intended and due respect, you didn't "solve" a problem per say, but you did mitigate it.

Let me qualify this. For a standard play field post, using a neoprene washer eliminates the pooling problem. The clear may still be crap but with this washer you get to live for another day.

One of my pins with a saucer has a Cliffy installed so there is no issue there.

Quoted from CLEllison:

The FACT there is inconsistency in his own product is just proof there's inconsistency *being introduced* somewhere.

Good point. But my 3 play fields are consistent. All 3 are crap clear.

Quoted from CLEllison:

If someone knows Mirco please pass this on to him.

Mirco and I have had a "discussion" about this. It does not matter that I painted airplanes professionally for 7 years. He thinks he knows all.

Quoted from CLEllison:

If I were Mirco, this would become standard operating procedure to help instill public confidence.

I have sent him an email talking about these washers. It's like talking to the brick wall.

Quoted from CLEllison:

Currently his silence is actually an admission of guilty.

Agreed. For him to jump on the rubber washer bandwagon would be an admission that his clear is substandard.

Quoted from CLEllison:

2.) 30 day drying window. Once time expires a post is inserted. I assure you a pool WILL appear in under 24 hours

My first Mirco play field sat here and cured for 6 months. And as soon as I started installing posts the pooling started.

Quoted from CLEllison:

He'd be openly admitting the PF has issues and selling the defect at a reduced price.

I don't see Mirco doing this.

Quoted from CLEllison:

3.) Offer a "clear-less" option for those that prefer a high quality coating. He can pump and dump and the client is happy. He's making money and no longer the bad guy!

I would go for that. For sure.

#1350 10 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Regarding playfields in general, will a clear get a hairline scratch if you scratch it with your nail, or is that too soft? I'm not sure what to expect with a clear coat and wondering what are some general musts that help you tell if you have a top notch product, or subpar one?

Clear and Ceramic clears are scratch resistant. Not scratch proof.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.95
There are 2,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.