20240123_181422 (resized).jpg
pinside.13366fd7c2143e3375ce653efa167ef7e046c37c (resized).jpg
29C90993-1AAC-4BA1-854A-39A5534ABB5F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
3C6F3380-0F77-4A53-9294-0272FCE6B6F0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
11E2D4EF-C4AB-4513-8B34-A5F6D729D5EE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7BC227A1-49E7-450B-BCE9-043699CF8C10_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
04D2E8FD-562E-4E3F-B017-D94A2F2A34A0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Guys,
I have thought about whther or not to post this for a while, but I have come tothe conclusion that it is absolutely neccessary.
Recently purchased a reproduction PF from MircoPlayfields and have had the worst experience with it. The quality of the product iscomplete crap - print and holes are massively misalignedand. I am stuck with it.

Par for the course with that person. I won't ever do business with that guy.
That playfeild is horrid. My restored game looks about perfect; I don't know where they got the PF in my game - but whatever the case; it doesn't look anything like that.

1 month later
#95 3 years ago

Strange... Anyone else "surprised" by all the positive feedback that is now appearing in this thread?

On one hand; I'm ecstatic there are satisified customers getting acceptable PFs...
On the other; I'm hopeful that readers of this thread are very suspect of the motivations of the manufacturer... I wouldn't be surprised if there were shenanigans being done behind the curtains to get these people to speak up about their positive experiences.

2 months later
#119 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmachine:

I also asked if i am not satisfied if I can return it and that was no problem. I also don't find any crazy messages on his facebook page

1) As meSz stated; you must pay for return shipping which would be expensive.
2) Mirco is not known for being customer oriented ... and making excuses for defects or design problems.
3) Facebook isn't trust worthy. The owner of the facebook page can freely delete any post they want. Stern white washes their pages regularly and hourly. I'm sure Mirco does the same.

All I can say; is buyer beware.

1 week later
#146 3 years ago

Good to see Stern still give no shits about quality. No wonder Mirco can get away with anything he wants.

#154 3 years ago

This thread (*and others); have convinced me never to buy a Mirco PF...
And TBH; I'm not buying a JJP NIB because they use Mirco for some or all of the PFs.
So; really - the only way to fix this is for him to sell his business to a new owner who cares and resolves these issues. I don't see that happening; so I'll just keep restoring my games with CPR PFs or doing my own touch ups.

#158 3 years ago

Sounds like you're defending a company blindly.
Mirco has a bad rap for a reason. "these aren't the droids you're looking for" isn't a valid business strategy... even in a galaxy far, far away.

#163 3 years ago

It's been reported that micro himself stated he doesn't supply stern.

#171 3 years ago

Pooling / Soft clear is not a tiny thing.
Lifting inserts same.
mis drilled holes.
You get the idea.

Also; given these PFs are +1000 USD ... being anal-retentive is completely understandable. These are being sold at a premium; it's not unexpected that the support comes with a premium as well.

1 month later
#181 3 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Mine is about 9 of 10 But I would prefer 10 of 10.

:faceplam:
Read Post #1.
if you have a 9/10 PF that is ORIGNIAL; don't even bother to replace it with a inferior mirco.
The clear coat will be junk even if the art and CNC is perfect.
Seriously; unless you have a badly damage PF - there is no reason at all to chance a Mirco PF.

2 months later
#195 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

NONE are over $1000. People outside of Germany do not pay the VAT fees.

Whatever dude; after you add shipping fees and the like it doesn't matter.
I really don't care that you are a Mirco FanBoi; People have problems... he dismisses those problems and tells them to deal with it.
Your comments are suspect as a plant / second account. But maybe that's just me.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:More
You never ordered or installed a Micro playfield. You "opinion" means jack-sheet.

Wait, hold up... You are making statements as fact when you have no clue.
Where did I say I've never ordered or installed a Micro PF?
Seriously, my opinion is totally valid. It's you who need to rethink being a tool or shill.

#202 2 years ago

Why? To make Mirco's shill feel better? I'm done feeding you troll

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

So I am stuck with a garbage playfield. BOO!

Wait... Did someone hijack his account?

2 months later
#242 2 years ago

What we really should do... is encourage the victims to post pictures of the crap he's selling.
Like repeatedly and often.

3 months later
#304 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

My only experience with a Mirco PF is my JJP GNR CE…. Sooooo, you know…. Thought I’d ask first.

Trust your gut.
This thread, the way her treats his customers, and handles defects should be all the confirmation you need to keep your money in your pocket

#308 2 years ago

So, taking a 1k pf and putting what, another 1k of work/clear is acceptable?
No. No, it's not
I value @kurzman s work... But that shouldn't be necessary for a "high class" playfield

1 month later
#349 2 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Risk vs reward! I asked cpr for a sorcerer pf with clear inserts and was told 200usd extra, which was already an inflated price... Are you shittingme! F..inng dogs! I understand a handling charge but 200 usd for clear inserts! You are putting in inserts anyway....Get far away fom me, absolute bs. Mirco same low price and i am more than happy with the end product, thanks mirco!

You really don't grasp concepts well.
Your asking them to customize a product in a special way. They have to make it special, process it special, and order / use extra inserts they may not have.

200extra was more than reasonable. Your lucky they even agree to entertain your request

Try asking the yahoos at high class to do this

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

They dont "make" or "process" it special.

You clearly do not understand how manufacturing works.
Your request was frought with issues for the manufacturing line.
Then for you to come here in another vendors complaint thread and try and make them look bad speaks more about you than them.

I am truly sorry you didn't get you way, because we wouldn't hear about it.

4 weeks later
#370 2 years ago

Posts on Facebook indicate Mirco is going to be a TPF'22.
I remind people here ... don't buy from this company.
Not worth the risk of getting defective playfields.
Apparently JJP continues to pay them enough for them to fly in... although; I doubt he's going to ship PFs for sale at the show. which means people are going get suckered in.

1 week later
#400 2 years ago

Pooling can happen anywhere.
It's not safe to assume all parts of the pf cure equally, have the same density, or have the same adhesion parameters

1 month later
#652 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There’s a reason CPR is the only company you ever heard of that did things that way, and even they quit doing it.

IF they really did stop doing it... and they start having excursions; then, I'm done buying from them.
CPR's grading was the only reason I bought from them.
It's reason I refuse to give PoorClass Playfields any of my cash. That and the reasons talk about in the 650 post above this one.

#654 1 year ago

Not accusing you of being wrong. May very well be true.
I seem to vaguely recall there being some discussion about "no need" to do grading because everything was going to be done on flatbed printer. That said; I haven't been in the market recently so I'm ok just kind of waiting.
I think the only PF I need at this point is STNG ... unsure if that was ever planned tho.

That said; let's keep this on topic... reminding people how horrible PoorClass Playfields is.

2 months later
#665 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe an incorrect Metric conversion?

Or just a he doesn't do quality work thing.
For someone whom claims he needs to keep customer PFs for future reference... these kinda stupid mistakes seems... at odds to the reference thing.

5 months later
#699 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:

they just give out licenses like candy and don't care?

Yes. This. License = money = not ricks problem

#715 1 year ago

In betting he's not smart enough to stay away this year

3 weeks later
#805 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

And the clear he used is not oil base like it should be

I don't think that is correct.
I've never heard of an oil based clear.

The argument is he uses low VOC, perhaps water based clear... but no one knows for sure.

1 week later
#818 1 year ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Being limited to unlicensed playfields would make it very difficult to pay for the investment in equipment and justify the time required to do small runs of playfields.

Not sure I buy this. Exactly what do you think that investment is?
A CNC router is relatively inexpensive now.
A Belt sander?
A UV flat bed Printer?
A clear coat setup?

Offset most of that with a seperate cabinet business; where are you with costs?

#820 1 year ago

I don't think anything was reasonable at the liquidation. I mean, maybe it was... But not my idea of reasonable cause I'm a cheap skate

1 week later
#858 1 year ago

I'd commit to a gofundme donation for any group of people that are willing to file a real lawsuit against PPS for defective Mirco PFs. Seriously. no joke here.

#897 1 year ago

Let the flood gates open.
Rick; I can state with 100% certainty; I will never, ever buy a Mirco PF because of the way he has treated customers and "supporters".
This thread is FULL of documented cases.

#961 1 year ago

Micro needs to demonstrate better customer service and better quality across multiple product lines.

For me he gets out of the dog house when Jjp has no pf issues for 3-4 products and no one publicly complains about "high class playfield" issues here on pinside.

Sorry, this vendor has been screwed the customer for years. It'll take that long to recover if ever.

To me it's funny that both show when there is a threat of a lawsuit. Speaks volumes.

1 week later
#1081 1 year ago

"in the files" lol
So; yeah... um... you don't own Photoshop or some other vector editor and can't fix it for future people.

Is anyone really surprised by this? Did you really hope that Rick would actually add any value.
By value; I mean remove Mirco as a licensed provider? Nope, didn't think so.

Rick; there are documented cases here after your olive branch post lawsuit discussion. This is why we don't trust you or Mirco to actually take action.
Please prove me wrong.

#1115 1 year ago

Couldn't help myself...
Washers; the best modWashers; the best mod

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Low enough to have Jersey Jack change their warranty to not include playfields.

Pretty sure that GodFather has already reported issues here in various threads with the PFs.

Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Does anybody here believe I have not changed anything in the past 15 years?!? Really?

Regardless; I think the point Highclasspinball isn't grasping is that you aren't making any friends with your attitude and general dismissive behavior. You hide behind all kinds of reasoning and "not my problem" behaviors.

A vast majority of us can read thru your bullsh1t and see that you are fundamentally not willing to "work with" a customer to resolve any would-be-problems. You claim ignorance. You claim someone else is at fault. You send minions in here to try and sway the crowd. You claim perfection.

The very name and branding you are claiming implies a quality and a customer support system that is so impressive that no one can claim better. "High Class" you aren't. Quality isn't in your DNA. You aren't the cats meow. FAR FROM IT

I know you aren't capable of self introspection ... We know you won't change your underlying nature or behavior. So; let's just agree that you shouldn't post here in this thread as your being disrespectful and dismissive of the real problems. But hopefully; you'll read this response ... decide to turn over a new leaf... and become the "high class" debutant you claim to be on paper.

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Of course it is updated. But you are right I have not updated the website...

But it's in the files... which can't be altered.

#1140 1 year ago

because its in unchangeable source files which cannot be edited.
Or he can't at least offer a water slide decal kit to resolve. or offer a discount for the obvious error.
But you know; because "owners fault"

3 weeks later
#1182 11 months ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

These things are reality. You play your game more often you wear out it faster the more you have do maintenance.

Isn't it against Pinside rules to have more than one account, Mirco?
That said; you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
The others have said more than enough that I don't really have much to add. Other than, Mirco makes PFs for JJP... Those by definition ARE NOT reproductions. So; clearly - your argument was false from the get-go. You knew this; but, you're just trying to hide behind yet another fake account.

#1221 11 months ago
Quoted from pingod:

This right here is why I cancelled my GFCE.
Not playing the playfield lottery with JJP and no warranty on it.

Glad to hear it ... but the first step is to never order a Mirco or JJP product. No loss of deposit. No loss of sleep. No stress of worrying about what garbage your going to get.

I can state with 100% confidence; I will never own either of these companies products... until they demonstrate a complete 180% on customer service and warranties and a documented history of flawless products for several generations.

#1260 11 months ago

I'd test the clear for softness with finger nail; then maybe a coin to see if they need to be re-cleared.
I'd fix the rings with a water slide decal; the re-clear.
But yeah; Mirco sucks.

#1262 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

if a line/trail is left behind after running the coin over an area?

I'm far from an expert. I'd judge how much pressure a post would inflict on the clear to see if it is too soft for a post. sorry; I don't have more experience with this because I haven't been ripped off by JJP or Mirco.

Maybe install a post under the apron area to see if it has pooling issues after a few months?

#1264 11 months ago

The idea is to test the clear coat in a inconspicuous area to see if it's impacted by horrible/soft clear... Not to install any posts on the main playfield

#1266 11 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Tried installing a post to check in advance - didn’t help or show at all what was coming.

Sorry to hear that. Good info.

2 weeks later
#1284 10 months ago

Makes decals... restores faith in his business. Sigh

#1290 10 months ago

Use the gallery. Read this thread. It's pretty obvious you won't read what is right in front of you.

#1295 10 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

clear coated product

RadCals can't/won't have clear coat unless you put it on the cabinet AFTER installing them. (Like a Spooky Butter Cabinet)
At best those stickers have a varnish put on by the UV Printer which isn't a clear coat. More likely they put a clear film on the art to project it. At worse; they do neither.

#1297 10 months ago

That's a weird product. So are they super thin then? I'd be very concerned with legs crushing something like that. Or damage due to moving.

Regardless; thanks for educating me.

1 month later
#1308 9 months ago

If only it were easy to sue him from here
Maybe criminal action for theft?

#1314 9 months ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

*some other company in Germany

Rumor has it that "TheHack" is a early investor in JJP in some way. This is why JJP can't back out of the deal.

#1366 9 months ago

Pinside does not take sides.
I'm sure "TheHack" has convinced pinside moderators that these are Opinions not facts... And as such aren't a banable offense

#1393 8 months ago

I touched up a completely blown out star trek... I'd do that before giving "TheHack" any of my money.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/bally-star-trek-pinball-restoration.89593/#post-771169

#1397 8 months ago

Burned by jjp and micro
... Then again by micro. Hope you come out better that is expect you will. Best of luck

#1430 8 months ago
Quoted from pingod:

I am one of the guys who cancelled his GF CE.
Once I found out it was still Mirco and there was issues even on that run, I was out.

Wasn't the deposit non-Refundable?
Did you get that back?

Please don't take that as a criticism. I'm genuinely curious if JJP fxing people on deposit refunds.

#1503 8 months ago

The clear coat is a very big problem... but it's not the only problem Mirco has.
Last 30 or so posts have been about his sh1tty clear process.

Let's remember... he does more than clear. He sends PFs with "Cad errors" (as stated above). He sends PFs with missing Art. Not his problem.
He sends PFs with laughable art choices. Not his problem.
He steals PFs but never actually completes them.
He steals Plastics but never actually produces them.
He claims to be a service to teh customer; but denies any claim of responsibility.

His partner is crime at PPS claims to be able to resolve these issues... but he actually didn't do a thing other than getting scared when people started threating lawsuits to PPS for substandard licensing.

#1559 8 months ago

Let me be clear... I "considered" a nib STNG PF from mirco... almost bought one at TPF one year... but was like; humm... let me hold and do some research.
Then I found this or another mirco fact-finding thread... then the JJP PF thread... then the 2.0 Tails of Arbian nights thread...
There is no way in hell I'll every "on purpose" own a Mirco PF... not in a second hand machine... not in a JJP NIB... not in a JJP second hand.
This dude's product is my kryptonite... so Lex Luther is going to have to slip it to me somehow without me knowing.

I vote with my dollars and expect service and a superior product. This guy does none of that... and actively looks for ways to screw people. That sets badly with me and he'll never gain my respect.

#1560 8 months ago

@cottonm4... have you ever seen the rubber captons on a 80s tape deck, VCR, or hard drive?
Can you imagine what'll happen in 20 years on those rubber washers?

#1580 8 months ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

20 years seems like a pretty good life expectancy on a playfield part which is subject to compression and impact stress.
20 years on from a scratch build o

Tell that to my 1978 Bally Star trek which didn't have pooling... or require any washers to work right. Bally ST had a different problem with art... but that's beyond the scope of my argument.
Tell that to my Stern Star Trek which in 20 years; I expect to no have torn art under the washers. My DE Star Trek; still has no problem with posts/art except where cliffys normally are used. My RFM is fine without any issues.

Let's be 100% honest ... washer (metal, rubber, silicon) under a post to prevent clearcoat pooling and/or art tearing shouldn't be an issue at all.
Now; if one dude wants to put a washer under the post to prevent normal dirt from scratching the art away... that's fine. IE post 1572 above.
But- putting a Band-Aid on the poor, soft clear coat to try and prevent the horror show seen on Mirco PFs... it's just... unacceptable.

The clear/art problem is just kicking the can down the road when installing washers. Eventually; I'd predict in the lifetime of a pinball machine ... these PFs will self distruct requiring CPR: The Next Generation to reproduce 1000s of these PFs to bring them back to "collector's Quality".

The reality is that Mirco has a substandard product he is selling at premium prices... and doesn't care. In the process current and future customers of his junk will pay the price.

#1615 8 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The Centaur "mirrored" backglass I purchased is nothing of the sort, more like silver paint.

The Flash Gordon one I purchase a year before was clearly mirror, no comparison between the two.

Yeah; I grabbed a Monster Bash true-mirror Backglass before they made that change. No way I'd buy the new stuff. I'd just stick to the non-"silvered" version for cheaper.

On the DragonFist PF you sent cotton... did you get ANYTHING from Mirco as "payment" or did he just steal it... and hasn't bothered to provide you with the final PF or a store credit. My gut tells me he took the DragonFist PF and never bother to actually follow thru with any form of compensation. Won't my change my opinion of Mirco... but genuinely wonder if he really is a thief or just a bad person.

#1644 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's the lay of it. We traded emails. I asked if he would be interested in doing Dragonfist. He said he would. I made him promise to return my original play field aland he said he would. I shipped the play field and he still has it.

So Highclasspinball is a Thief. That sheds a whole new light on him.
Wonder what kind of bs excuse he's going to give us.
Ship cottonm4 's PF back!

#1655 8 months ago

Who cares what the definition of refurb is.
Man, next ya'll will be telling me that A thief isn't really a thief if he had the permission of the owner with stipulations and just "forgot" / "refused" to return it.

3 weeks later
#1730 7 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

When the Mirco reproduction happens, it'll be awesome.

Have you not been paying attention?
Awesome until you try to use it in a game

Don't gamble. Keep your money in your pocket

#1735 7 months ago
Quoted from Micky:

Have you not been paying attention?

Pretty sure I had my shill filter on. ;D

2 weeks later
#1762 7 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I asked him to stop selling this kit and it’s still available on his website and he is still proposing it at pinball events at his booth.

Stop asking.
Send a C&D letter to him and Rick at PPS demanding that they stop selling your copy protected work as they do not have a license to do so.
Rick probably doesn't know that Mirco is selling unlicensed code... and will probably put a stop to it himself.

#1767 7 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Thanks for the advice, yes i contacted PPS and exchanged all the details of the situation already a while ago.

An official C&D from a lawfirm would send a different tone.
That said; I understand if you might not want to go that far.
For me; turnabout would be fair play imho.

#1774 7 months ago

There isn't a torque spec and we all know it.

#1784 7 months ago

So... let's not lend him any more playfields... then maybe even JJP can't keep him in business.
(yeah, I know... wishful thinking)

#1792 7 months ago

Let's not bash John... He hasn't ripped anyone off like Micro does on a regular basis.

#1806 6 months ago

Can we please get back to ontopic posts about the lack of service from Highclasspinball ?

1 month later
#1874 5 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

ou'd push for the Mirco products to not be listed for sale on Pinside. I

Robin has already spoken on this topic. I think in this thread. Not going to happen unless he really goes off the deep end and demonstrates obvious fraud across the board

#1905 5 months ago

Who blew out the 5x and 6x?
Thought he copied all the defective art?
Guess that excuse only works when defending his decisions

#1936 5 months ago

cottonm4 Don't trust the tracking until it's clear customs and is "out for delivery".
I've had many shipments since Covid SIT in the German warehouse for a week waiting for Fedex/UPS to get around to loading it on an airplane.

I don't know why; I think they just don't have enough pilots flying between us and Germany due to War?

Regardless; I hope my experience doesn't affect your package in any way.

#1960 5 months ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

he could just tell you whats being sent in this thread or by email.

Mirco isn't stoopid. He's not going to invite wrath of Pinside by posting anything.
Just like the mic-drop he did in the Dragonfish announcement thread. He did his sales announcement... probably saw the very unwelcome response and just decided nothing would be gained by engaging with us.

#1980 5 months ago

Pls tell me he wrapped both pf with tissue paper or something and didn't have them ridding across the ocean in a cardboard box with not protection

#2028 5 months ago

Yeah there was all kinds of drama regarding Totan 2.0 kit. Any I have no love for any of the parties involved including @noitbe1
That said; if Mirco is indeed still selling the kit with no residuals to noitbe1 ... then well... that sh1t needs to stop.
It's pretty clear at this point neither PPS nor Highclasspinball has license to sell the Totan2.0 software based upon what we've just read.

#2097 5 months ago

The tools to do PF repos are expensive.
Hobby CNC machines have come down in price.
Inserts (injection molded) are probably an issue.
Direct Print Printers are still very expensive and temperamental to keep running.
Clear Coating equipment is pretty cheap.

Basically; it's a skill which Mirco has brute forced into a barely passing grade.
I wouldn't' want to be in the business; but, sure it's doable.

2 months later
#2216 71 days ago

last time you checked this thread was about mirco fuxing people in this hobby
This hasn't changed.
I'm happy for you cottonm4 ... But this thread needs to stay open to serve as a warning for people researching him in the future

#2218 70 days ago

No reason to bump unnecessarily. Having a natural ebb and flow would just show that he continues to screw people or show a general improvement.

1 week later
#2248 58 days ago
Quoted from swanng:

I don't believe there are any other manufacturers reproducing this playfield, so I don't really have much of a choice, do I?

You always have the choice.
If you know the PF was going to self destruct in 100 plays; would you buy it at over 1000usd? Do you really want to run the risk that he screws you by shipping a "manufacturing defect" as new and as a usa person - have no option to return it or get a replacment?

Your reasoning is exactly the reason this dorkwad continues to stay in business and screw your fellow pinball fanatics.

The Indiana Jones PFs are really questionable. We've seen numerous pictures of how bad the art quality is on Mirco's PF. Look at this threads topic gallery and you'll probably see those examples.
It's your money; but, if it were me... I'd rather disassemble the current PF and pay a good vendor to touch up the existing PF and put a nice clearcoat on it.

1 week later
#2320 47 days ago

Just threaten to sue Rick @ PPS and he'll appear like some butt hurt genie looking to "protect" his business thru fear, uncertainty, and doubt.
He claims he cares... but, really he's just looking to make a fast buck with as little effort as possible.

1 week later
#2464 34 days ago

you can thank Mirco for this... his FAILURE on JJP PFs caused JJP to de-warranty the PFs for any defect. Stern followed suite.
He really is Highclasspinball !

#2480 33 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

That’s a little extreme. Also, your website is down. Did Mirco cause you to not pay your service provider?

Not extreme at all. It's a fact backed up by real world data.

And no, I paid my bill... The webhost have been having problems all month. They still owe me a post mortem: but the site was back up by 9pm last night

#2482 33 days ago

No. Highclass fukd customers first as evidence of this thread.
Jjp refused to fix it and added the bo warranty clause to third manual

Stern was like goody, we don't have to either.

Now stern is telling customers to go wade in the water with the sharks.

Granted, stern should not be shipping crap like this, but obviously they are and will because of the actions of this one ashhat. He's made our hobby a much better place!

#2486 33 days ago

I'm wondering if they got cheap and hired unskilled labor to do the clear coat.
I've done several PFs lately in 2part automotive clear using a harbor freight special gun.
Even with my unskilled hobby setup; I've laid down better clear coat than these Stern PFs.

After sanding; they already look better than the crap put out by Stern and Mirco.

I hope to put a buffer to them this weekend to bring them to mirror shine before it gets assembled.

To me; those Stern PFs look like a single very thin layer of clear was put down incorrectly. Looks like "orange peel" with not enough clear being laid down. Thats said; I only have less than a dozen PFs in my practice belt... so; I don't know specific how to do it properly for a single coat which doesn't require post processing with a sander and a polisher.

#2527 31 days ago

In this case; you play the Clear Coat. Having "orange peel" will lead to dirt collection from the ball travel and will be a long term problem and may even lead to premature art damage.

Orange peel will have microscopic impacts to ball travel... but probably not enough to be noticeable.

If this were my game; I'd return it or if I got such a hella deal I'd send the game to someone like HEP to have a correct clear coat put on it (If I couldn't do it myself)

#2529 31 days ago

My concern is the lack of skill applying clearcoat likely means an already thin clearcoat which hasn't been post processed is very thin. The valleys may not have much if any clear protecting that art. It's hard to know for sure.

#2534 31 days ago

For all the quality control discussion; remember HEP's video of a "new" PF direct from Mirco.
Quality product.

I'm as guilty as everyone; but, please take this off topic Stern issue to a new thread.

#2537 31 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

never left anyone with a citrus playfield,

* that we know of. ;D

#2543 31 days ago

How can you be a devils advocate for a person making an inferior product for the sole purpose of taking people for large sums of cash?

#2567 30 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

This thread carries a very divisive tone.

You carry a very weird outlook on life.
Micro screwed you over; you paid a professional to fix a professionally produced PF... and you're happy with the final product?

This isn't about us trying to find a reason to hate Mirco or your statements.
The statements seem flawed... you paid +1k for a PF that had to be redone by HEP for another what... 1k. But that's ok. Weird.

#2569 30 days ago

Any you think it's divisive that we don't feel comfortable taking that risk and call Mirco's product defective?

#2589 28 days ago

I just wouldn't. 2500 for a "working", professional PF... that may be done in 2026?
nope.

It'll take a year for Mirco to ship it after "next week" for a year.
Then I just gotta believe the queue for professional clear coaters to get to you in the queue.

#2596 28 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

That would be awesome but you know he'd pick the best one.

LOL. You havent been paying attention.
I'm not sure he's that... smart. Look what he did to HEP.

#2627 26 days ago

Another poor attempt to diffuse this thread with no data.
I'm saddened to hear you may be at tpf. I wish you wouldn't be there

So, 1 in 500... So the next 499 pfs better be gold, because you shipped a used PF as new to HEP.

#2643 24 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Maybe after TPF when he has more time ?

lmao.
When he has more time. Eyeroll

#2647 23 days ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Anyone else read this in Morgan Freeman's voice?

No... there isn't that level of class in this thread. Maybe andrew dice clay...

#2656 23 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why you roll your eyes? He did send me my Dragonfist. He did not cheat me out of it. Since he has---FINALLY---reproduced the man's Catacomb I can't see him not sending it to him. But Mirco's communication stinks.

exactly.
Rolling my eyes because he can't be trusted ... "when he has time" is a bullsh1t answer.
I just don't understand how people still send this dorkwad money.

If I operated my business this way; I'd be out of business.

1 week later
#2665 11 days ago

Too busy having a great time rather than wasting time dealing with that dude.
He's not worth the effort really; unless, you has time to confront him in his own seminar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 75.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 32.99
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.