IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

Hahaha Hahaha haha

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

[quoted image]

1 year later
#337 2 years ago

Thanks Mirco for the quality playfield… less than 100 plays

4ACE8083-D60A-4A0C-9F03-C7A2FF48AB49 (resized).jpeg4ACE8083-D60A-4A0C-9F03-C7A2FF48AB49 (resized).jpeg
#339 2 years ago

No sir not missing anything- removed to show the damage of the clear and artwork lifting on a poor quality PF

Also this PF sat for months to cure after purchase.

Quoted from meSz:

You missing a mini post???

#345 2 years ago

7/22/2019 is on the receipt…. I let it site for a long time in our guest room. I’m not sure I buy the whole let it sit to cure and you’ll be good concept.

Quoted from gdonovan:

How old is the playfield? Purchase date/build date?

#347 2 years ago

Where is the production date on the PF? Under apron or something?

Just a joke considering seeing this happen on JJP games and nobody taking responsibility. This isn’t the only one I’ve seen in person in poor quality especially pooling.

Lots of time and money go in to this process

Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm my curious as to when it was sprayed as there was a period he tried a different process and it did not work out.

#354 2 years ago

Great hopefully you don’t have the clear lifting around your posts in a couple months after all
The time and money to swap a PF. And you want to thanks this guy saying risk vs reward?

Quoted from earetz:

All i was asking for was to put in clear inserts instead of colored ones, simple. They dont "make" or "process" it special. Not sure why you consider this so "special" a small handling charge from cpr was expected not a knife in the guts. But Mirco responded, same price doing a run of them soon. I Had my pf within 2 months

#356 2 years ago

Lol I already know. I paid to have this done by a gentleman here on pinside who regularly restores and swaps PFs . This game was actually documented here on pinside. They were not I I know cause we discussed the topic.

Again no ownership here or for JJP games. I don’t expect to see it at any point. Just a warning to others.

Quoted from mufcmufc:

I can do the customer service email from him for you:
“Djsolzs, you have tightened the posts too much, this should have been obvious to you, this is not my fault - it’s yours. Bye”

4 weeks later
#385 2 years ago

Comes off negative but I was thinking the same thing. I hope you don’t have issue. But if you do it will happen within 100 plays and would appreciate you reporting it.

Got me once and I’ve bought another PF prior I’m putting off installing since I found this issue in my installed one. Plus buddy bought same PF and has issues.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Somewhat negative view you have there pal, wishing misfortune on someone not a net positive.

1 week later
#396 2 years ago

That works - unless it chips first. That’s my issue.

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

And if it did happen to pool, I would mount every post to pf and let the pooling happen.
Use iron technique to flatten, and problem doesnt return.
I did this on a machine that we put in Pincinnati tournament this year. No way Id chance that abuse if I was concerned with recurrence.

#403 2 years ago

Ok so of the 300 how many were Mirco and how many developed issues? You seem to be a good use case at 300 pfs installed.

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I will chime in again. UV ink is not the problem! It is either moisture, poor manufacturing process at times (surface prep or cleanliness), or poor clear coat factors. Never had it happen to me for restorations or over 300 new playfields I did the last 15 years.

#405 2 years ago

Oh thanks for the correction

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Greatwichjohn's talking about the playfields he made personally (Greatwichjohn used to make repro playfields). If I remember correctly, Greatwichjohn used Varathane for clear coat and not auto clear. Maybe Greatwichjohn needs to call Mirco and tell him to switch to Varathane for clear coat, lol.

#465 2 years ago

Yup similar to mine - fucking sucks

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've seen a lot of people saying this but it makes no sense. While Ron does a great job of touching up and clearing playfields, if the issue is art not sticking to the playfield, redoing what's on top isn't going to make a damn bit of difference.
Here are three pics of a Mirco FH playfield swap I did for an op friend of mine. He sent me these pics after about a week's worth of play. While it looks minro now, I guarantee you it will get much worse.
I'm so fucking tired of this shit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#508 2 years ago

Put in a ticket eh - gladly… again. Maybe we all should. POS

#514 2 years ago

Brave? No way… maybe ballsy or cocksure but brave I don’t think that was bravery

Quoted from romulusx:

You got to admit that it was pretty brave to sit there and then to be so bold as to answer questions that way.I know they can’t outright admit the issues but it would be nice to see if they’ve figured a better way forward

#573 2 years ago

Definition of a keyboard commando right here - keep stirring the pot turbo I’m sure your having a great time

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Wait you can say you dislike CPR but if we say we dislike Mirco that’s being a crybaby?
What a hypocrite

10 months later
#771 1 year ago

Be interesting to hear what robin take on this is cause I completely agree. This guy is a thief in my opinion.

Quoted from Warzard:

Completely agreed

#789 1 year ago

Yes - imagine the time and cost to repopulate a playfield only to see chips of clear and paint sliding down your playfield with the ball as you play. It’s not about a bubble here or there you can’t see or wouldn’t notice.

This isn’t about being picky - it’s a faulty product made poorly.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am a super picky guy, over the top maybe. Some say a wacko. I have no doubt a Mirco PF is not good enough for me.
Do you think normal non-picky people are happy with Mirco products?

3 weeks later
#913 1 year ago

Ill get you an email with pictures this weekend.

Quoted from PPS:

What I do and will do is forward any issue to any of our suppliers with complaints of quality and work with them to get a resolution if you cannot come to one yourself.
What I won't do is deal with generalities, so if you have a specific issue on a specific product that you cannot get a resolution with then let me know.
I've already heard back from Mirco ... so will be digging into any issues ... which I've had one email so far.
rick

#916 1 year ago

I would also say most of us dont have any hope that anything will come from this - but since hes asking I will send. Not sure its worth my time - hope I am proven wrong.

Quoted from meSz:

To be fair Rick it's been one day so it's not surprising that you have only one email thus far. A lot of the people that have posted their problems may not be following up on this thread.
If you look back at this thread you will see there's certainly issues with Mirco. One alarming one is post #852 where after 30 days the playfield is shot.
You posting here advising people to send examples of issues is great but I think you just opened yourself up to be Mirco's customer service now. As you can see, if you go back and read this thread, most people have already reached out to him and he refuses to help.

#931 1 year ago

Some of us have communicated with no response - respect though - email with information requested coming

Quoted from PPS:

Unfortunately playfield manufacturers don't grow on trees ... any for anyone new it takes years and many mistakes to get things decent ... and then often they are tripped up by something (ink changes, chemical changes, process changes, regulation changes, etc). These are low volume endeavors very expensive to get all the elements lined up to call it a business, which is why the options are so few ... just the nature of that business. So, prefer to work with Mirco to move him in the right direction than to shut dozens of playfields down which will not be made for years if at all ... I guess hardtops would be the solution then ...
So, I prefer to try to solve problems than destroy people's ability to have a product in the marketplace. There have been hundreds of Mirco products sold, and there are not hundreds of complaints. We have a number of them and sell them without issues. We also have the option for customer to see the playfield in detail before we ship, which I think would help in some cases.
So anyone with issues, let me know, and we will advocate for you and try to get your situation in front of the supplier and resolved as best we can.
Team PPS

#973 1 year ago

I’ll be sending email of pictures today. I bought a funhouse PF through pinside from you. Will provide all details.

Pinside Shops order 190104200238

Here are some personal pictures - sure is amazing of all the PF produced how many examples one person has huh?

PPS your licensing right?

Quoted from Highclasspinball:

As I stated above. If you are a REAL customer who bought a repro playfield from me, you are welcome to send me an email to my email adress listed above.
Regards,
Mirco

EAAF0607-0157-4793-BDCD-45FCFCA7F1FC (resized).jpegEAAF0607-0157-4793-BDCD-45FCFCA7F1FC (resized).jpeg

A521F5B7-9459-4B6B-9E76-3B034F8CC957 (resized).jpegA521F5B7-9459-4B6B-9E76-3B034F8CC957 (resized).jpeg

2F142ACD-A08C-4AAE-A33D-CCB1FE883D79 (resized).jpeg2F142ACD-A08C-4AAE-A33D-CCB1FE883D79 (resized).jpeg

#976 1 year ago

Ill report back on the response - can assure you that a lot of attention was put towards the appropriate "tightness" at install. It develops over time as the game is played and I dont mean years I mean months.

Quoted from LORDDREK:

Am I the only one who looks at these photos and hears “Players fault…” In the background?

#988 1 year ago

Email sent to you PPS and Mirco per your instructions.

#992 1 year ago

Got a response. Was told to order washers. Was told he was out of them otherwise would send to me. Wasn’t worth the time I took to take more pictures and write the email.

Quoted from djsolzs:

Email sent to you PPS and Mirco per your instructions.

#997 1 year ago

Sent last night got the response today. At least I got a response. Asked me if I needed help ordering the washers. Rick is copied on it as well.

Quoted from radium:

You mean he just sent that to you recently or this was an old email?

#1002 1 year ago

Rick reached out as I had him copied on my email and we spoke on the phone - I am extremely appreciative that he did. Definitely interested in addressing and helping out. While he should not have had to reach out - we had a really good conversation around my issues and the response I got.

Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Not citing Mirco here specifically because I see this issue with other playfields as well.
Washers were never a big part of ground floor playfield assembly.
Originally they would only be used under certain ball guide spade post to keep the guide from digging into the actual wood when tightened.
Having to install them to basically pad and or shim every part from actually touching the playfield is not a rational nor reasonable solution.
It adds countless steps and time to playfield assembly that is not factored into what is already a tedious process.
In my opinion and experience adding washers to everything is only camouflaging or trying to avoid the issue not solving it.
We should be able to place post on playfields tighten them down without worry or concern just as we had been able to for several decades prior to.
If we cannot. Why not?
Are we being sold useable parts or just pretty pictures?
I spoke at length with Rick today at PPS.
He is definitely interested in addressing reasonable concerns.

#1010 1 year ago

Interesting so he’s blaming PPS now - this guy really doesn’t get it.

Quoted from Faust:

I decided to post anyway the childish reply I got from Mirco on my request to only replace my backbox decals, which I have been asking for for months.
I wrote a polite factual email with PPS in CC by the way, so nothing offensive.
Funny thing is he does admit he has a lower printing quality (that was not my complaint though, haha).
Mirco’s new argument for not sending replacements makes absolutely no sense. But he is very good at finding reasons to not help you
[quoted image]

#1015 1 year ago

I think there is a point and there is potential really something that can be done. I feel your pain but I’m just saying - Mirco can’t do some of his business without PPS.

Quoted from Kobaja:

This is exactly what I did back then. No point. As much as I appreciate PPS involvement. It would not help anymore. I had no replacement and I had to take it or leave it. There is no way to resolve my problem now, except for a partial refund. There was no option then.
There is also no point in writing another email to Mirco now with Rick in CC, because there is no solution. PPS - this does not mean I'm not a real customer with a real problem.
With this thread i am returning the favor to this guy. At this point it's my enjoyment to see the attention. I will continue to bump this thread over and over just for fun. I'm not financially dependent on the money i have spent on a playfield.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1032 1 year ago

Can you put washers on inserts? Asking for a friend...

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Obviously. If there were no players then this wouldn't have happened...therefore it's the players' fault.
Similarly, shipping damage is caused by the receiver opening the box.

#1052 1 year ago

Can’t wait to see you back here after install and about a month of play

Quoted from jaime:

I was very skeptical ordering a playfield actually bought the package with rad cals then thinking I'd get a poor quality playfield considering the price. I was actually please at the condition of the playfield very very minor mis alignment but will be covered when populated. Over I'm happy I've bought several rad cals from mirco and I love the quality of them
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1089 1 year ago

Serious question - have you ever bought and installed a micro product?

Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Unleveled inserts

Is Foo Fighters using Mirco also? No. This is just a common issue when using plastic inserts in wood. It's probably very difficult to get perfect, which is why is happens for more than one company.
[quoted image]

#1101 1 year ago

So your basing this “anomaly” off of posts you see on pinside? I would agree a review section might shed more clear light on this as I know plenty of people who do not waste their time posting on Pinside.

Quoted from robin:

There's no secret here. Mirco runs a Pinside shop, and pays a commission over his sales. He gets no special treatment, and the mere fact that all these threads are allowed to exist (rather than being removed for monetary reasons) should be enough evidence that I'm always on the side of the Pinside community. I hope you realize this.
I have been asked numerous times why I allow Mirco to keep selling playfields via a Pinside shop, in light of the complaints and issues people have been posting about. The simple truth is this: the number of orders/sales Mirco gets via Pinside do not match the number of complaints I see on Pinside. Far from it. That tells me that the issues are still an anomaly and not the norm.
That's not to say there are no issues! There are plenty of documented cases here on Pinside (some posted by respected Pinsiders) that tell a different story. And especially in the customer service department, Mirco's reputation on Pinside isn't exactly immaculate.
It is my hope that by allowing constructive discussion, manufacturers can learn and improve their products and, maybe even more important, their customer service and QA. On the other hand, mob mentality can sometimes over-amplify rare issues which is also undesirable.
To level the playing field (pun intended) for manufacturers and Pinsiders alike, I have been considering adding the option for product reviews to Pinside Shops. It will help establish a sense of which products are good or, uhm, not so good. It will award good customer service. It will disclose bad business ethics. And by only allowing actual customers to post reviews, you can be sure the review is legit. The system could also show when people send stuff back or if they got a refund, i.e. full transparency.
In closing, and for no particular reason other than to look cool, I'll end with a great quote from Warren Buffet: "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

#1111 1 year ago

I disagree with Robin as well - likely nobody cares. He is a part of this problem with this hobby.

Quoted from Faust:

I disagree with Robin’s argumentation that it is only a very small amount of complaints.
Sure, in this thread maybe. But:
My POTC was pooling/chipping. There are hundreds of games with this problem.
Then GnR: same problem if not worse with pooling chipping.
I know 2 other GnR owners and they have this issue too. I’m not believing it is just a very few games.
GnR thread has plenty of complaints.
Maybe ask Pinmonk how many silicon sets he sells.
And this is only about the clearcoat issue.
I invite anyone to visit the TBL owners thread and you can see there tens of cases already reported there.
I can guarantee not every TBL owner is on pinside and/or reading that thread.
Now sure this is not the complete case but it does show there are many more issues than reported here if you look around or just look at his shop (only chipping/clear coat).
Then last, and most importantly : I could well live with a lot of things( imperfections, problems) if it weren’t for Mirco’s blunt and unrespectfuls treatment of customers and partners. He gets away with everything for the simple reason he is the only supplier, and he knows it. This will not be good for the community on the long run.
I hope he changes his behavior (and quality) in the future.

#1134 1 year ago

Hard to send the product back that becomes faulty after a ball starts rolling around. I’d like a Refund on my Funhouse playfield - I’ve already emailed you. How about taking care of the “small” percentage of issues in that fashion. You’ll get more praise and sales.

Your problem is that not only is your production complete SHIT but you and the way you support your customers is complete SHIT.

Product aside - I don’t want to do business with someone who treats their customers the way you do.. period.

I think I have to chime in here again which I usually did not want. But if someone external would read these comments it sounds like we produce only crap and don't care. That is simply wrong.
Compared to the volume we produce the issues are really low. Please keep in mind here that we run approx. 20 times as many playfields per year or more than the other manufacturers do. This does of course result into more public issues, especially after being in business with playfields for more than 15 years.
Of course mostly pitchforkers are writing here as complains always cause more attention than other feedback.
Let's say you are right and we produce only crap, how can you explain that there is not a single playfield issue reported on TS?
Yes there are people writing about their experiences and issues. But the fact they don't write, most of the cases are years old. Not all, but most.
Of course I take popping up issues serious and adjust production as far as possible right away.
Does anybody here believe I have not changed anything in the past 15 years?!? Really?
There was a ton of quality control added to the process steps and also in process monitoring to make sure all boards are what they are supposed to be.
Yes, sometimes things slip trough quality control, especially as humans do the final inspection. But if so and there is really a big issue I ship out replacements right away. And even if it is not a qc issue but more cosmetic, you can always ship the part back and get a refund.
Good thing of this thread is that it does the opposite of what the pitchforkers want to reach here, it pushes sales instead of blocking them. Guess the reason is that people don't believe everything written online.
Best regards,
Mirco Steffen

3 weeks later
#1211 1 year ago

No offense - but he has already answered this question. He does not care about you or any of his customers. He will not stand by his product. This has been documented over and over again.

Quoted from sethbenjamin:

I want to buy your products, but I need to know that they are reliable and that on the rare chance that I receive defective merchandise, you will stand by your product. Seriously.

#1265 1 year ago

Tried installing a post to check in advance - didn’t help or show at all what was coming.

Quoted from Zitt:

The idea is to test the clear coat in a inconspicuous area to see if it's impacted by horrible/soft clear... Not to install any posts on the main playfield

2 months later
#1328 9 months ago

WRONG - where in the world did you come up with this?

Quoted from c818919taylor:

If the posts (etc) are checked for tightness chipping is nonexistent. Gotta check the playfields when the pin is first received
Worked for willy. Worked for g&r.

#1379 9 months ago

You will get it - will look very nice. Until 100 hours later..

Quoted from Maverick222:

I just bought a playfield and rad cals from Mirco four days ago and haven’t received an e-mail update saying anything about the order, but payment has been pulled out which is always alarming to me.
Does anyone know what his process is when buying a playfield? Reading all these posts makes me a bit concerned. Just hope I actually receive the playfield!

1 week later
#1426 9 months ago

Exactly.

Quoted from pingod:

I am one of the guys who cancelled his GF CE.
Once I found out it was still Mirco and there was issues even on that run, I was out.
Fuck that no warranty crap.
Just won’t buy new.

#1432 9 months ago

I’d like to see pictures of the posts on this QS

Quoted from CLEllison:

I'm happy for you that the pf worked OK and has remained viable and thanks for your comment which only helps reinforce the validity of my claim. That's the complete confusion here. How this mans "quality" can be absolutely all over the place is just mind boggling. I find no value in harboring ill will, but I also choose not to be complacent, a willing participant or an accessory by remaining silent either.

#1507 9 months ago

Agree with all your posts however PPS never claimed to resolve these issues. I think the idea was to understand how wide spread it is and potentially offer “advice” to Micro on it. I imagine the advice is not going over well.

Quoted from Zitt:

The clear coat is a very big problem... but it's not the only problem Mirco has.
Last 30 or so posts have been about his sh1tty clear process.
Let's remember... he does more than clear. He sends PFs with "Cad errors" (as stated above). He sends PFs with missing Art. Not his problem.
He sends PFs with laughable art choices. Not his problem.
He steals PFs but never actually completes them.
He steals Plastics but never actually produces them.
He claims to be a service to teh customer; but denies any claim of responsibility.
His partner is crime at PPS claims to be able to resolve these issues... but he actually didn't do a thing other than getting scared when people started threating lawsuits to PPS for substandard licensing.

#1512 9 months ago

This EXACTLY.

1500 posts now - nothing to see here folks. PPS I hope you are still following.

Quoted from bakerhillpins:

He shipped you a production reject so that it didn't cut into his bottom line. Plain and simple. There was no good faith in shipping that "replacement" to you period.

#1545 9 months ago

The issue doesn’t show its face until the ball starts hitting the posts and rolling around. Good luck hope your one of the lucky ones.

Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I have ordered 3 IJPA playfields from Mirco. The first went off in a full restoration to a buyer in PA so I don’t know how it is holding up (purchased play field on 9/26/22 sold pin on 1/23/23)
Second two playfields ordered on 12/1/22 and we are just now doing the second restoration.
We put metal washers the same diameter as the interior of the main support of a star post. The star posts have been installed for a few weeks so I thought a would pull a couple and check for pooling.
No damage to report but the presence of that playfields protector speaks to my level of confidence. There are rings clearly visible from both the washer and the star post in a pic taking with a zoomed in camera, but they can't be seen without the camera and are not detectable by touch.
Will see how it goes...
[quoted image][quoted image]

#1613 9 months ago

This - stay on topic. Horrible business person hiding in a country where he is able to scam people from around the world. Curious to see if he shows up for any more pinball shows in the future.

Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Mirco is still dead to me
Terrible product
Horrible support
Money grab

#1624 9 months ago

Can’t argue with this

Quoted from underlord:

Why not? Cuz someone may take a pic behind him or not ask questions at a meet.
Finger wags and furrowed brows abound Sir. Have at you!

#1698 9 months ago

Hope is all lost bud - how long has it been? Your only delaying the inevitable but I respect what your saying. Some people don’t deserve this kind of leniency

Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you. I try to look for the best in people. Most of the time it works. Since that minipinhead guy emailed Mirco and got an August date from him, I'll cross my fingers. But on 8-31 I'll figure all hope is lost and with nothing to lose I will accept nice offer for help navigating the German system.

2 months later
#1848 6 months ago

Buahahaha - there is a type of person this guy is. Huge SCAM won’t change. Probably is laughing every day at these posts while orders come in. No chance he is getting any shit together.

I do hope this all works out for you but he is straight up playing you with zero fucks given.

Quoted from cottonm4:

What I am hoping for is that in the last 2 years he has gotten his shit together with his finishes and pooling and chipping will no longer be an issue.
I'll post more when I know more.

#1876 6 months ago

This made me chuckle - Robin will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regards to this. Nothing. At all - more zero fucks when it benefits these people

Quoted from Zitt:

Robin has already spoken on this topic. I think in this thread. Not going to happen unless he really goes off the deep end and demonstrates obvious fraud across the board

#1879 6 months ago

This website is being fed regardless of Mirco. It’s his choice to allow an untrustworthy vendor to sell on this site regardless of the impact to its user base. Some times people need to take a stand and remove the cancer even if it means losing some revenue. Not everything is about money - integrity used to stand for something.

I get your a nice guy and clearly love this hobby. You deserve the type of karma that makes this all work out for you.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I am not for laying any heat on Robin. He has a website that needs to be fed. All the time. Mirco advertises here and helps generate revenue to keep pinside going.
What would anyone expect Robin to do? If Mirco was taking money but not delivering product, then Robin would need to get involved. But my own experience was when I bought 2 different play fields from Mirco I had both within a week of placing my order.
That said, I would not make any handshake deals with Mirco. It is kind of like buying something from Ebay; If the seller screws you over, Ebay gets involved. But if you buy from that seller off-Ebay and he screws you, you are on your own.

#1884 6 months ago

Funny who they WILL ban from this site and who they wont. I wonder if Kaneda started a company and started paying for ads etc. if they would all the sudden let him back on.

Quoted from Colehvac1:

Crispin robin so crispin was never sent his playfield back, you continue to allow Highclasspinball to rob pinsiders by allowing him to be a part of this community. I recently donated to pinside to support it, i have to ask myself why? In this case Mirco responded to you that he was going to send crispin back his items. He lied, its time for you to protect this community.

#1894 6 months ago

Yes but clearly Im bias - i don’t think any show should give him space or a podium. What’s the motivation anyways? It’s bad business all around.

Did he send you pictures???

Quoted from cottonm4:

Using your logic, then shouldn't Texas Pinball Festival not sell space to Mirco for displaying and selling his play fields?
" Hey, Ed, Mirco has not returned my play field and you should not be letting him set up shop at TPF."
or
" Hey, Ed, I bought a play field from Mirco and it started chipping and pooling. You need to stop selling him space at TPF since he has some quality issues."
How do you think that is going to fly? TPF would tell me to haul my smelly ass out the door.
OTOH, if I handed Mirco $1000.00 for one of his play fields at TPF and he did not want to hand it over to me but keep my money, Ed and TPF would need to get involved.
All IMO.
I'm no Mirco apologist. He hit my shit list when he was issuing empty threats to John Greatwich saying that Greatwich needs to cease and desist from reproducing Seawitch play fields.
And while we all have problems of one sort or another with Mirco, I don't believe I have heard anyone come in and say they bought a play field via Pinside and Mirco did not deliver and just kept the money.
The transgression of taking the money from a Marketplace ad on Pinside and not delivering the product is an issue where Robin would need to get involved. But for me, or anyone else shipping a play field over to Mirco and it not being returned is not Robin's problem. The play field I buy and it starts chipping and pooling is not Robin's problem. Robin is not a quality control inspector, IMO.
I may be building another Quicksilver someday. Mirco is the only game in town. What should do? Go without because I would be buying from Mirco.
Now, Nine Ball, which I have recently scored the parts needed to build another Nine Ball, I have options. I can buy from Mirco, but I also now have the option of buying from CPR. And I would go with the CPR unit---and this would only be after CPR has already has worked out the kinks from how it seems to manage to make crazy and inexcusable errors in some of its first run play fields.
What I know that I will not do in the future is send Mirco another play field to reproduce. His less than honest answers, hid bullshit answers over the last 3 years has left a bad taste in my mouth.
None of this is Robin's problem, IMO.

#1948 6 months ago

Hoping you get 2 PFs tomorrow!

#1994 6 months ago

Congrats!! After 3 years of waiting you were made whole.

#2007 6 months ago

You wont know about the pooling until the ball starts rolling around. This post might be good in the Dragonfist thread.

Quoted from cottonm4:

First test: Ball guides
There are 3 ball guides on DF. All 3 mounted right up. All the dimples/predrill holes are dead on the money. With the exception of one missing hole. The ball guides fit right up. No issues. No tweaking. No forcing.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The missing hole. I will talk about this missing hole when I have more time.
[quoted image]

4 months later
#2495 59 days ago

Stick with working this through your distro - if you have a good one this should be no problem. I found going to stern direct lessens your chances .

Quoted from KJS:

I don't want to be negative or slanderous.
I just want a replacement playfield.
Stern if you are reading this please get in touch and make it right.
Unfortunately the manufacturers ( and a lot of podcasters) seem to slam pinside and everything in it which is a shame.
Yes there a lot of dicks here and my block and ignore list has grown, but there are also some fantastic people and resources and I am very glad we have it as a forum. I think its a nasty balance of manufacturers getting pounded by the web warriors and they have walked away. You dont see any of the brands not getting a caning.
I will email Patrick and my distributor again and report back with what is happening.

1 week later
#2632 52 days ago

You are a fucking joke. I must just be unlucky in dealing in your bullshit odds for garbage PFs.

Guess you have the market cornered with the desperate Pinball collectors looking for a PF savior while robbing people in multiple ways.

This thread has turned in to an advertisement for Mirco - enjoy your crappy PFs Pinside

If there is an issue with a recently bought playfield, it is replaced, usually if purchased in the past two years. The problem with many people here is that they are screaming and bashing even if they received a new playfield. Many other people here bashing are not even my customers. No idea what their Intention is to participate here...
Yes, sometimes I miss an email or pm but so far every massage was replied. Latest a reminder helps here...
Nearly all cases shown here happened on playfields made years ago with a different process which is no longer been used for years.
Does that mean I need to replace 10+ years old playfields which have now problems? Have you tried that with a car you bought, maybe second hand? Good luck...
The screamers here will probably not believe but there is usually less than 1 board out of 500 shipped ones which has issues out of whatever reason. Sometimes packages got lost or damaged or my people missed something. If that is the case the situation will be taken care of.
That is all I have say here. Go ahead bashers and scream more if that makes you happy.
Regards,
Mirco

1 month later
#2715 20 days ago

This sums up this entire thread.

Quoted from pencilneck:

This is why he has no incentive to fix the issues..... chumps will still give him money. I understand the desire... but nothing will change until he is forced to so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 1,159.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=djsolzs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.