IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 56.
#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Got a response. Was told to order washers. Was told he was out of them otherwise would send to me. Wasn’t worth the time I took to take more pictures and write the email.

Well in his post #940 above he did say "If someone has a problem or issue please send me an email to [email protected] and I will try to help the best I can."

I guess we just saw what his "best" effort to help is.

#1002 1 year ago

Rick reached out as I had him copied on my email and we spoke on the phone - I am extremely appreciative that he did. Definitely interested in addressing and helping out. While he should not have had to reach out - we had a really good conversation around my issues and the response I got.

Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Not citing Mirco here specifically because I see this issue with other playfields as well.
Washers were never a big part of ground floor playfield assembly.
Originally they would only be used under certain ball guide spade post to keep the guide from digging into the actual wood when tightened.
Having to install them to basically pad and or shim every part from actually touching the playfield is not a rational nor reasonable solution.
It adds countless steps and time to playfield assembly that is not factored into what is already a tedious process.
In my opinion and experience adding washers to everything is only camouflaging or trying to avoid the issue not solving it.
We should be able to place post on playfields tighten them down without worry or concern just as we had been able to for several decades prior to.
If we cannot. Why not?
Are we being sold useable parts or just pretty pictures?
I spoke at length with Rick today at PPS.
He is definitely interested in addressing reasonable concerns.

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:Deleted post

Yes if PFs needs washers under everything that's not Pinball in my world it's a PF made of wood like it has been for ever

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Rick reached out as I had him copied on my email and we spoke on the phone - I am extremely appreciative that he did. Definitely interested in addressing and helping out. While he should not have had to reach out - we had a really good conversation around my issues and the response I got.

I also copied Rick on my email to Mirco and he saw his dismissive response. Kudos to Rick for at least trying to make change happen.

#1006 1 year ago

Well I got motivated again and gave it another try to get my issue resolved, let’s see if PPS can help.

#1007 1 year ago

Well my optimism didnt last long. It took Mirco 3 seconds to tell me again to go fck myself, so here it goes:
I received radcals with scratches. See attached images.
The right cab decal has a printing error.

For reference I also attached the licensed decal set I have.

In a nutshell is Mirco’s response he will not replace anything.

Regarding the printing he keeps stating ‘its in the files’ So how other manufacturers manage to print defect free from the same file is a miracle.

Regarding the scratches I got no comment just that he will not replace.

I do not recommend to buy from this guy anything. If you do, use Paypal to pay. That makes it easier in the refund discussion if things are not up to expectation.

5E1EB491-DAD9-46ED-A7BD-F06E009226B4 (resized).jpeg5E1EB491-DAD9-46ED-A7BD-F06E009226B4 (resized).jpegA3448BB9-597C-4EC7-9F24-6924BA600EB5 (resized).jpegA3448BB9-597C-4EC7-9F24-6924BA600EB5 (resized).jpegBBFBB570-7EA5-4D4B-B21C-5F0B663F6648 (resized).jpegBBFBB570-7EA5-4D4B-B21C-5F0B663F6648 (resized).jpegC9366B88-EEE6-45DE-BCCB-955D8B2EAB79 (resized).jpegC9366B88-EEE6-45DE-BCCB-955D8B2EAB79 (resized).jpegDA315070-7BEE-4726-A5AD-F7F5EA445ECA (resized).jpegDA315070-7BEE-4726-A5AD-F7F5EA445ECA (resized).jpegE550199A-AFC9-4997-8282-CF6AEE664D8F (resized).jpegE550199A-AFC9-4997-8282-CF6AEE664D8F (resized).jpeg
#1008 1 year ago

I decided to post anyway the childish reply I got from Mirco on my request to only replace my backbox decals, which I have been asking for for months.
I wrote a polite factual email with PPS in CC by the way, so nothing offensive.

Funny thing is he does admit he has a lower printing quality (that was not my complaint though, haha).

Mirco’s new argument for not sending replacements makes absolutely no sense. But he is very good at finding new reasons to not help you

By the way I offered to resolve the issue BEFORE writing the review, but Mirco turns it around and says now because I did not write a review he will not help.
I got a different answer a few months ago from him but the conclusion was the same (he won’t help).

It’s what I said before -and others too- arguing with this guy is pointless.

4E06A335-C912-44DB-B51E-C03C250AA97E (resized).jpeg4E06A335-C912-44DB-B51E-C03C250AA97E (resized).jpeg

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I decided to post anyway the childish reply I got from Mirco on my request to only replace my backbox decals, which I have been asking for for months.
I wrote a polite factusl email with PPS in CC by the way, so nothing offensive.
But he does admit he has a lower printing quality (that was not my complaint).
Mirco’s new argument for not sending replacements makes absolutely no sense. But he is very good at finding reasons to not help you
[quoted image]

Man, what a pain.
For comparison, here is a decal set both sides for BB (uninstalled) I have. Paid 110 euros on eBay and UV protected.

I let you judge. At this price for the Radcals, around 4 times more expensive, you should have a perfect product and a minimum of customer service.

78A9DB94-27A4-4E16-A031-2B090193AE36 (resized).jpeg78A9DB94-27A4-4E16-A031-2B090193AE36 (resized).jpegD9F9A706-D809-4A93-B02A-78547379B4DE (resized).jpegD9F9A706-D809-4A93-B02A-78547379B4DE (resized).jpeg
#1010 1 year ago

Interesting so he’s blaming PPS now - this guy really doesn’t get it.

Quoted from Faust:

Funny thing is he does admit he has a lower printing quality (that was not my complaint though, haha).
Mirco’s new argument for not sending replacements makes absolutely no sense. But he is very good at finding reasons to not help you
[quoted image]

#1011 1 year ago

Yes he blames PPS for low res files but also me for not writing in time a review. Its not that I had a deadline for it, but oh well he has to come up with something.

life is too short to argue on the internet, so I’ll shut up now

#1012 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

[quoted image]

I would never do business with this person. That’s awful.

Here are some playfields I’m restoring because there is no one reasonable to buy good reproductions from…

2A0C8B3A-926E-4641-AD42-96ED05A429AA.jpeg2A0C8B3A-926E-4641-AD42-96ED05A429AA.jpeg

I’ve been happy with the CPR playfields I’ve bought and they’ve been ok to deal with…

8E0FD9F4-F03F-4880-B57B-C5F57AC4C0B9.jpeg8E0FD9F4-F03F-4880-B57B-C5F57AC4C0B9.jpeg

Just in the last year, that’s $6k worth of playfields that I DIDNT buy reproductions of because Mirco is the only source.

I bought six hardtops last year and OE customer service is excellent.

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

I would never do business with this person. That’s awful.
Here are some playfields I’m restoring because there is no one reasonable to buy good reproductions from…
[quoted image]
I’ve been happy with the CPR playfields I’ve bought and they’ve been ok to deal with…
[quoted image]
Just in the last year, that’s $6k worth of playfields that I DIDNT buy reproductions of because Mirco is the only source.
I bought six hardtops last year and OE customer service is excellent.

Yes u have the right idea I got one from him and he told me its with in reason lol what is that wtf so I sold it and will never ever buy again and will restore my old one and after done u really have something that will last for 30 years again it's the only way too go and if people do the same over time he will lose in the long run

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

By the way I offered to resolve the issue BEFORE writing the review, but Mirco turns it around and says now because I did not write a review he will not help.

This is exactly what I did back then. No point. As much as I appreciate PPS involvement. It would not help anymore. I had no replacement and I had to take it or leave it. There is no way to resolve my problem now, except for a partial refund. There was no option then.
There is also no point in writing another email to Mirco now with Rick in CC, because there is no solution. PPS - this does not mean I'm not a real customer with a real problem.

With this thread i am returning the favor to this guy. At this point it's my enjoyment to see the attention. I will continue to bump this thread over and over just for fun. I'm not financially dependent on the money i have spent on a playfield.

#1015 1 year ago

I think there is a point and there is potential really something that can be done. I feel your pain but I’m just saying - Mirco can’t do some of his business without PPS.

Quoted from Kobaja:

This is exactly what I did back then. No point. As much as I appreciate PPS involvement. It would not help anymore. I had no replacement and I had to take it or leave it. There is no way to resolve my problem now, except for a partial refund. There was no option then.
There is also no point in writing another email to Mirco now with Rick in CC, because there is no solution. PPS - this does not mean I'm not a real customer with a real problem.
With this thread i am returning the favor to this guy. At this point it's my enjoyment to see the attention. I will continue to bump this thread over and over just for fun. I'm not financially dependent on the money i have spent on a playfield.

#1016 1 year ago

Well, one action that would have value, would be to actually record all defects (description, pictures), the email sent to Mirco, and his response.

That way there is a customer story log, and PPS has access to the exchanges and can see for himself (and can't state - I did not know about it).

It could be a central repository hosted on a Github, or a Google spreadsheet or equivalent, locked and maintained by one individual (maybe the OP of this thread, or even better, High_End_Pins whose credibility is super high), or a few individuals if the number of response is too high.

It should also contain the good and the bad, so that if there's a positive evolution, it can be seen. Because after all, as much as we complain, at this point we have very few alternatives, if any at all. So it is in everyone benefit that Mirco quality improve. If this is even possible in the first place though.

And this list would be accessible on the first page of this thread, so that newcomers could have some historical data, and not search through miles and miles of threads.

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I think there is a point and there is potential really something that can be done. I feel your pain but I’m just saying - Mirco can’t do some of his business without PPS.

And PPS can’t collect if his vendors aren’t selling… so he’s incentivized to keep things churning. I don’t know of anyone being booted by PPS who has agreed to his fee structure

#1018 1 year ago

Lets not forget this old post! Do not support this company or his products, he’s the worst!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mirco-stealing-playfeilds-and-plastics

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

People just stop buying this grap it's easy he will learn somehow in sales then he might fix grap better maybe not lol

#1020 1 year ago

A two day old Godfather LE on location yesterday with a Mirco playfield that has raised inserts around the mosaic window that effect the ball path (gameplay).

i.e. not my game. but I did play the one pictured.

0ACC3050-4F79-4440-80D9-5AD3BA1C7FA9 (resized).jpeg0ACC3050-4F79-4440-80D9-5AD3BA1C7FA9 (resized).jpeg
AAD78126-3531-4B28-A2EB-A0C31FF6F4CB (resized).pngAAD78126-3531-4B28-A2EB-A0C31FF6F4CB (resized).png

#1021 1 year ago

Oh man. I really hoped that at least his new stuff would be reliable. There weren’t a lot of problems with ts4, right?

#1022 1 year ago

Players fault.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Add:
Vectorized Art issues, bad fonts, and missing text.

He says he doesn't use Illustrator's autotrace (maybe his contractors are and claim they're not) when reproducing art, but the ones I've seen have the HALLMARKS of autotrace with too-thick, inaccurate lines compared to originals.

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

A two day old Godfather LE on location yesterday with a Mirco playfield that has raised inserts around the mosaic window that effect the ball path (gameplay).
[quoted image][quoted image]

JJP has no warranty on playfields and Mirco doesn't backup his product. This is just sickening! Sorry Pinzz, that just sucks. As an operater you have to be leery of buying JJP in the future.

If you would, post pictures over time. It would be interesting to see how it does over time.

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's nasty.

Shakedown, indeed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

JJP has no warranty on playfields and Mirco doesn't backup his product. This is just sickening! Sorry Pinzz, that just sucks. As an operater you have to be leery of buying JJP in the future.
If you would, post pictures over time. It would be interesting to see how it does over time.

Not my personal game. but I did play it.

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No one should be surprised by this, JJP as a company sends out defective products because they don’t care, and As long as they use mirco it will be more of the same. I have games that i would 100% playfield swap, but because i can only get one from mirco i choose to keep the original, and maybe some day i will send it out

#1028 1 year ago

Are those custom / new insert shapes? Not that I've seen every game out there, but I can't recall seeing those before. That's a very specific shape, in two sizes/orientations.

Not that it's an excuse for the defects, but it would be interesting nonetheless if somehow related.

#1029 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ugh.

Quoted from goingincirclez:

Not that it's an excuse for the defects, but it would be interesting nonetheless if somehow related.

They're inserts. There have been lots of sizes and shapes over the years. I don't see how the size/shape by itself would affect clearcoat issues.

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ugh.

They're inserts. There have been lots of sizes and shapes over the years. I don't see how the size/shape by itself would affect clearcoat issues.

Of course! Hardly new in concept. But it would be interesting to see if the relief cuts under those (new?) shapes have a different pressure quotient and aren't yet figured out or something.

I mean, consider how often you see old games where all the round and square inserts are fine, but all the triangles or arrows are popping... OTOH later games have less problems with those formerly troublesome shapes.

I'm just pitching a question/theory. Not defending Mirco. Because it shouldn't be happening this quickly and of course he'll never acknowledge or own the problem regardless of cause.

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Players fault.

Obviously. If there were no players then this wouldn't have happened...therefore it's the players' fault.

Similarly, shipping damage is caused by the receiver opening the box.

#1032 1 year ago

Can you put washers on inserts? Asking for a friend...

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Obviously. If there were no players then this wouldn't have happened...therefore it's the players' fault.
Similarly, shipping damage is caused by the receiver opening the box.

#1033 1 year ago

The guy wasn't an owner - so obviously his opinion of the PF is meaningless. Please send an email to get the real answers!

#1034 1 year ago

Well... there goes my nonrefundable deposit on godfather.

Why am I so stupid? Blinded by the new and shiny. I joked before about hoping to win the pf lottery thinking things may have been blown out of proportion but I just read through this whole thread (and some others linked)...

A fool is easily parted from his money. Oh well.

I should add this is NOT because of micron scale leveling with harsh angles but the above poster saying those defects affect ball trajectory.

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The guy wasn't an owner - so obviously his opinion of the PF is meaningless. Please send an email to get the real answers!

Usually you have some valid interesting and points to learn from.

Would you suggest that the manufacture track down this customer and fix the issue? I am not following your train of thought on this, heck I lived this stupid chipping mess and had my issue taken care of by a distro.

What would you like the manufacture to do in this case of the missing customer?

Would you like PPS to step into this one and get it resolved?

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

Mirco’s new argument for not sending replacements makes absolutely no sense. But he is very good at finding new reasons to not help you
I got a different answer a few months ago from him but the conclusion was the same (he won’t help).
It’s what I said before -and others too- arguing with this guy is pointless.
[quoted image]

Just so I’m understanding correctly, he moves items at shows for a discount as long as people write reviews? He’s buying reviews, that’s what’s happening?

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Usually you have some valid interesting and points to learn from.
Would you suggest that the manufacture track down this customer and fix the issue? I am not following your train of thought on this, heck I lived this stupid chipping mess and had my issue taken care of by a distro.
What would you like the manufacture to do in this case of the missing customer?
Would you like PPS to step into this one and get it resolved?

He is being sarcastic. Mircos answer to someone who isn´t the original purchaser is usually “your opinion/experience of my product doesn´t count. If you are the original buyer, send me an email and I will tell you to go f*ck yourself.”

#1038 1 year ago

The number one reason why I will not buy a JJP game right now. I remember my POTCE, it looked great day one and started pooling about a month later. Jack made it right, however it is not worth the aggravation to me anymore. Plenty of other shiny objects to buy.

#1039 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

The number one reason why I will not buy a JJP game right now. I remember my POTCE, it looked great day one and started pooling about a month later. Jack made it right, however it is not worth the aggravation to me anymore. Plenty of other shiny objects to buy.

Mirco is doing the JJP radcals, the playfield, soon the cabinet. Maybe some other parts we don’t know, own part of JJP…
The divorce JJP and Mirco is not for tomorrow.
I will never buy a JJP because of those Pf issues.

#1040 1 year ago

To make it a bit more clear: I offered to write a review on radcals, not necessarily a ‘good review’.

Plus I wrote him and PPS to solve the issue BEFORE I write the review.

I went as far as ordering CGC decals, Mr pinball decals and next gen decals for the MM for comparison.

I like to keep things factual and
I can confidently say that his response was a big lie ‘its in the files’. This is utter BS.
I also took pictures of an original MM cabinet.

I will write a review with all info in there.
the radcals do look nice from a distance.

The problem is that any concern you have he will point to everything and anyone except himself and he will take even the effort to act like he is surpised by a complaint and I am a bad person to complain.
You see I am looking for a solution but this guy doesn’t want anything other than being offended.

Anyway I should not have to repeat that, there are dozens of identical treatments with customers in this thread and I could’ve known obviously.

What I don’t understand is why he even takes the effort to offer these products. He makes big money supplying thousands of playfields and radcals to JJP. Those extra few repro stuff doesn’t bring him much more other than complaints.

But yeah if you take a glance at his website you can see he doesn’t put much effort in.

I feel sorry for the ‘forgotten tales’ guy to decide to work with Mirco. I’m sure it is hurting his sales. Same for JJP. I’m sure they miss out at least some sales due to Mirco.

#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Looks great until you look closer
Should have put my glasses on when I bought it but it’s ok I’m used to it now and plays great, just a shame.[quoted image]

I just pulled my TZ playfield that I have been holding onto for a TZ build I was going to do and discovered that yes, it is missing the text at the top of the door panel. It 's not like this text is small and hidden in some obscure spot, its right in the middle of the playfield in plain sight. It's makes me question if there was ever a quality assurance check ever performed during the manufacturing process.

mircotz (resized).jpgmircotz (resized).jpg
#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiefKC:

I just pulled my TZ playfield that I have been holding onto for a TZ build I was going to do and discovered that yes, it is missing the text at the top of the door panel. It 's not like this text is small and hidden in some obscure spot, its right in the middle of the playfield in plain sight. It's makes me question if there was ever a quality assurance check ever performed during the manufacturing process.
[quoted image]

It’s your fault, you didn’t check the playfield picture before buying on his website !
Check it, it’s still there on the picture:

https://mircoplayfields.com/p/twilight-zone-3-magnet-prototype-version-mirco-playfield-set

There are all like this!
I’m joking of course. I really don’t get it. This error has been made since he started doing the TZ playfield and he never bothered correcting it nor make it rights to the buyers.

I guess, this one is not behind his capabilities.
Maybe he should offer a text sticker for all the buyer to make it right.

This reallly sounds like he really doesn’t care to this repro playfield and focus only to the JJP and DP things.

#1044 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

Same for JJP. I’m sure they miss out at least some sales due to Mirco.

They absolutely do. 100% on that. That GF is everything I want in a pin. But I am not dropping 12k to roll the dice or support dipshits in this hobby. I have standards.

#1045 1 year ago

Let’s not forget this as well from HEP:

Unbelievable.

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Unbelievable.

WTF was that??

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

This error has been made since he started doing the TZ playfield and he never bothered correcting it nor make it rights to the buyers.

Because if he did that would be proof something was wrong. Right now he can play dumb and blame files without the threat of any responsibility.

In this age he is a great businessman. His bottom line is doing just fine without people like us. So good he is expanding even…

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Unbelievable.

That is just shameful. He should be completely embarrassed with that.

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:Mirco is doing the JJP radcals, the playfield, soon the cabinet. Maybe some other parts we don’t know, own part of JJP…
The divorce JJP and Mirco is not for tomorrow.
I will never buy a JJP because of those Pf issues.

Why would JJP let the cabinets being produced in the EU and then shipping them all the way to the US?
Sure does not sound like a cheaper option. Maybe it is easy because he can add decals already? However it puzzles me they want to intensify the collaboration with this company.

#1050 1 year ago

Pinsiders talking about bottom lines and turning around and selling games 2x the nib prices and then turning around and have the blasé pair to talk about this stuff and corporate greed.

It's fine for the individual to jack up the price but when it comes to business it crime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.