IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8083636_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5220 (resized).JPG
IMG_5218 (resized).JPG
IMG_5210 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 56.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I can't wait for Buthamburg's new shop to get up and running! It may be the greatest playfield production facility in the world when they're done, and they have a keen eye on quality and will reject parts with even smaller defects than what Mirco puts out.

Yea, well I'll wait and see. The T2 cab decals have several errors that are obvious and have kept me from buying.

Lets not oversimplify this stuff. There's a lot of work to get correct reproductions.

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I wish people would stop buying from Mirco, unfortunately they are the only option for some games at the moment so it's Mirco shit or nothing.
I can't wait for Buthamburg's new shop to get up and running! It may be the greatest playfield production facility in the world when they're done, and they have a keen eye on quality and will reject parts with even smaller defects than what Mirco puts out.

I’ve purchased 2 playfields in my life. First one was T2 from Buthamburg, and the other was Space Invaders from CPR. T2 was totally superior across the board, just looks so much better as it’s screen printed. The SI is fine, still waiting for it to cure, but you can definitely see the scan lines of the printing process when you look at light reflections in just the right way.

I guess I’m saying this because I didn’t know about Buthamburg building a new facility and I look forward to figure offerings by them.

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Yea, well I'll wait and see. The T2 cab decals have several errors that are obvious and have kept me from buying.
Lets not oversimplify this stuff. There's a lot of work to get correct reproductions.

What we the errors on the cab decals? I have some downstairs, but decided not to even put them on after my extensive (first time) playfield swap.

#754 1 year ago

I still don't know why some people are still buying from him most are grap and he doesn't care at all he just wants your money

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

What we the errors on the cab decals? I have some downstairs, but decided not to even put them on after my extensive (first time) playfield swap.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/7#post-6655791

When I posted that I pulled images directly from their site. I have no idea if they've since fixed these issues. I'd be in for a set if they have.

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

I’ve purchased 2 playfields in my life. First one was T2 from Buthamburg, and the other was Space Invaders from CPR. T2 was totally superior across the board, just looks so much better as it’s screen printed. The SI is fine, still waiting for it to cure, but you can definitely see the scan lines of the printing process when you look at light reflections in just the right way.
I guess I’m saying this because I didn’t know about Buthamburg building a new facility and I look forward to figure offerings by them.

Check this out: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buthamburg-new-facility-merry-christmas-and-a-happy-new-year

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/7#post-6655791
When I posted that I pulled images directly from their site. I have no idea if they've since fixed these issues. I'd be in for a set if they have.

I’ll take some pics of the ones I have if you wanna see them. I didn’t notice anything, but also didn’t look too hard, I guess

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Plus it’s also feeding a crook and letting him stay in business.

I’m curious about more info on this. Is he scamming people? Are people not getting what they agree to? Is his work not up to what it should be?

#760 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

I’m curious about more info on this. Is he scamming people? Are people not getting what they agree to? Is his work not up to what it should be?

It's everything u said and more just read all the post here it's all true art work is not the best ,clear coat not the same as oil base is what he's using doesn't really dry and when it does chips off under posts ,I got one a year ago and he said its ready too install and I got it and it's wasn't. Dry I heard some people have too wait a year for it too dry and still things happen too them all so it's really not worth anything better off restoring your own for cheaper in the long run

#761 1 year ago

Anyone in Canada doing playfield restores? Absolute is tied up with his own games right now.

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Quoted from Williampinball:

It's everything u said and more just read all the post here it's all true art work is not the best ,clear coat not the same as oil base is what he's using doesn't really dry and when it does chips off under posts ,I got one a year ago and he said its ready too install and I got it and it's wasn't. Dry I heard some people have too wait a year for it too dry and still things happen too them all so it's really not worth anything better off restoring your own for cheaper in the long run

If talking about Mirco, then yes, he sucks. If talking about Kruzman, then no, he is legit.

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

If talking about Mirco, then yes, he sucks. If talking about Kruzman, then no, he is legit.

Yes, I should’ve clarified. I was asking about Kruzman, thank you. I’m in the middle of buying a playfield from him and started mildly freaking out trying to find other bad things people were saying and was having a very hard time doing so. Thank you for saying this, really. I started to doubt him and for no real reason at all, he’s been fantastic to deal with this whole time.

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Yes, I should’ve clarified. I was asking about Kruzman, thank you. I’m in the middle of buying a playfield from him and started mildly freaking out trying to find other bad things people were saying and was having a very hard time doing so. Thank you for saying this, really. I started to doubt him and for no real reason at all, he’s been fantastic to deal with this whole time.

Yeah, Kruzman is 100% legit. He's done 2 playfields for me that turned out great, and I've been to his place multiple times. He's a good guy and an asset to our community.

#765 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, Kruzman is 100% legit. He's done 2 playfields for me that turned out great, and I've been to his place multiple times. He's a good guy and an asset to our community.

I’m so glad you all are saying this. Like I said, he d given me zero reason to doubt him at all, and has been super nice and fun to deal with. Then that one little message on this thread that I didn’t clarify my question on started slowly eating away at my brain thinking “these people have all had shit experiences with him as well as Mirco”

#766 1 year ago

yes kruzman is THE BEST, check out his link: KRUZMAN monthly playfield thread By kruzman (3 years ago) a lot of great info and oictures of his amazing work

#767 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

That isn't pooling. Of course, what people here call pooling isn't pooling either, but that's just plastic and wood moving at different rates. You're better off with it breaking cleanly over the transition than having the clear so thick that it stay together and ghosts the insert. That will quickly break off. The clean break you have will be fine forever in home use as long as the inserts stay level.

if I recall, a big portion of the issues with mirco's playfields were that the insert holes didn't have the step/ledge inside of them for the insert to bottom out. without that ledge, the insert is free to fall [into] the playfield, below the surface after the screening and clearcoat, which is causing what you see in your images.

#768 1 year ago

And the clear he used is not oil base like it should be ,he's never really drys that hard plus the art work is always off line most times and he says its with in reason wtf

#769 1 year ago

Why is Mirco allowed to continue advertising their playfields on Pinside? I feel for those that don't know the issues or what they are getting into when purchasing from them.

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Why is Mirco allowed to continue advertising their playfield on Pinside? I feel for those that don't know the issues or what they are getting into when purchasing from them.

Completely agreed

#771 1 year ago

Be interesting to hear what robin take on this is cause I completely agree. This guy is a thief in my opinion.

Quoted from Warzard:

Completely agreed

#772 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Be interesting to hear what robin take on this is cause I completely agree. This guy is a thief in my opinion.

Yes he should be NOT be selling this grap on Pinside or fix everything with theses PF and we all know he won't do that

#773 1 year ago

At least tag a warning or disclaimer on the ads, something like:

- Clear coat may not be stable and is known to be prone to pooling/flaking etc.
- Seller does not acknowledge any issues with their product and takes no responsibility
- For long term durability, reclear of playfield will be necessary

#774 1 year ago

At least tag a warning or disclaimer on the ads, something like:
- Clear coat may not be stable and is known to be prone to pooling/flaking etc.
- Seller does not acknowledge any issues with their product and takes no responsibility
- For long term durability, reclear of playfield will be necessary

Man the clear is just one issue. Holes not even close to lining up with the art, etc.. Major problems. “Reproduction” seems like a falsehood as they’re not even close to the originals.

#775 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Man the clear is just one issue. Holes not even close to lining up with the art, etc.. Major problems. “Reproduction” seems like a falsehood as they’re not even close to the originals.

Ya as for the holes not lining up with art work under the PF the T nuts don’t even fit in wtf is that grap

#776 1 year ago

This whole thing is just sad. And the fact that its gone on for a few years now? Hard to believe nothing has been done.

#777 1 year ago

This whole thing is just sad. And the fact that its gone on for a few years now? Hard to believe nothing has been done.

Something should be done with this it’s not worth anything

#778 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Something should be done with this it’s not worth anything

I think a dedicated thread for his ban of Pinside should be created and the upvote on first post should show to the moderators what people think about his products. It needs to end.

#779 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

I think a dedicated thread for his ban of Pinside should be created and the upvote on first post should show to the moderators what people think about his products. It needs to end.

Yes I am with u really needs too end

#780 1 year ago

Or perhaps just don’t buy his products. You guys and your ‘ban this!’ and ‘ban that!’ are freaky… why can’t it be enough to just let your opinions be known and stop trying to enforce your ways on everyone else?

I have a Mirco Quicksilver pf that was recleared by Ron Kruzman and it is glorious. Where else would I have gotten that playfield? Yeah, sure, maybe I am Satan himself to you all for grabbing that playfield… but that was my choice. So make your own choices - but stop trying to push them on all of us.

#781 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

So make your own choices - but stop trying to push them on all of us.

I think we are all for informed choices. The question is how to make sure they are INFORMED. Lots of people stumble into this mess in good faith any only find out afterwards, what is going on. And you cannot blame them either. The shop looks all legit and nothing seems wrong and no red flags come up on the straightforward path to purchase from him.
Banning him will leave these people just as helpless. Adding a warning or allowing a rating system for pinside shops or even shops outside of pinside (kind of like tripadvisor) would likely be a better approach.

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I think we are all for informed choices. The question is how to make sure they are INFORMED. Lots of people stumble into this mess in good faith any only find out afterwards, what is going on. And you cannot blame them either. The shop looks all legit and nothing seems wrong and no red flags come up on the straightforward path to purchase from him.
Banning him will leave these people just as helpless. Adding a warning or allowing a rating system for pinside shops or even shops outside of pinside (kind of like tripadvisor) would likely be a better approach.

Agreed. I am all for that… informing buyers (even though these days even reviews are proving to be fraudulent) is great. And start threads about your experiences… good or bad. The pitchfork stuff is just stupid though… and totally counterproductive.

#783 1 year ago

Why is Mirco allowed to continue advertising their playfields on Pinside?

$$$$$$

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Rating is also a good idea. At the end, i don’t think people check that much before buying and there are a lot of people who don’t consult or check all the thread in existence or just will type Mirco in the research bar. At the end, the same stories will repeat over and over. The only leverage for him to change is money so for this, if his store could be removed or « flaged with warning » maybe and maybe, he could start listening to critics which he can’t do right now. Just MO.

#785 1 year ago

I am a super picky guy, over the top maybe. Some say a wacko. I have no doubt a Mirco PF is not good enough for me.

Do you think normal non-picky people are happy with Mirco products?

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am a super picky guy, over the top maybe. Some say a wacko. I have no doubt a Mirco PF is not good enough for me.

I think only picky people do PF swaps.

I wouldn't consider myself overly picky. I try to be a realist on things, but the chipping underneath the posts and the bad dimpling are real issues.

#787 1 year ago

The licensors should pull the plug on him due to quality issues. Oh well, I will just restore originals instead of pay a dime… sorry PPS you’re missing out on a lot of $$$ from me.

#788 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

The licensors should pull the plug on him due to quality issues. Oh well, I will just restore originals instead of pay a dime… sorry PPS you’re missing out on a lot of $$$ from me.

Ya after the one I got then sold it because I wasn't going too but that grap in my machine for now on I will spend my money on restoring my old PF and at the end of the day you really have something

#789 1 year ago

Yes - imagine the time and cost to repopulate a playfield only to see chips of clear and paint sliding down your playfield with the ball as you play. It’s not about a bubble here or there you can’t see or wouldn’t notice.

This isn’t about being picky - it’s a faulty product made poorly.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

#790 1 year ago

Why is Mirco allowed to continue advertising their playfields on Pinside? I feel for those that don't know the issues or what they are getting into when purchasing from them.

He pays a lot of money for ads on Pinside. I really doubt that they’re going to boot him. He pays PPS a lot of money for licenses so they won’t do anything either.

#791 1 year ago

I really don't understand his thought process. There's no shame in changing your process and making improvements when necessary. He must have a passion for the hobby to be going through all the work to make the playfields.
Sure powering on and churning out a product with issues is easier money in the short term, but I think if he made the changes he'd be more than financially rewarded in the future..

#792 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

I really don't understand his thought process. There's no shame in changing your process and making improvements when necessary. He must have a passion for the hobby to be going through all the work to make the playfields.
Sure powering on and churning out a product with issues is easier money in the short term, but I think if he made the changes he'd be more than financially rewarded in the future..

I doubt that he wants to make a poor product. If nothing else, he's probably sick of all the complaining. It could easily be that to really fix the issues he would need to purchase new expensive tooling and/or change to new processes - that may not even be possible for him.

#793 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I doubt that he wants to make a poor product. If nothing else, he's probably sick of all the complaining. It could easily be that to really fix the issues he would need to purchase new expensive tooling and/or change to new processes - that may not even be possible for him.

Doesn't help that he has pretty much been in hiding since all of this and failed to acknowledge a problem with his product. That in itself says a lot about him and his business morale. Take ownership for your mistake and fix it moving forward, don't just continue to sell and supply a faulty product.

This is why others here are suggesting to ban him, regardless of whether he pays a substantial advertising fee, he is selling a faulty product. The playfield is the heart and soul of the machine, its not an easy part for the average user to just "replace", so many people are stuck with damaged playfields in their machines because of his products.

Its a real shame because his playfields look beautiful, but when the artwork starts to chip off after no more then 10 games, after putting countless hours into a playfield swap, its a devastating feeling and it turns you off the hobby some what. Speaking from personal experience.

#794 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And as far as I know he’s still stuck using water-based clear because Europe. I don’t know how much that actually contributes to the problem but seems like a factor.

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

And as far as I know he’s still stuck using water-based clear because Europe. I don’t know how much that actually contributes to the problem but seems like a factor.

My latest observation indicated numerous different issues.
The art coming free from the wood.
The clear coming free from the art
The clear chipping off of the wood.
Off center t nut holes and recesses.
Dimples that are way off. WAY off.
Seeing the actual dark stripes of the wood grain through the art.
Hazy inserts
Large voids or knots in the shooter lanes or exposed wood areas.
Inserts that shift or crack at the seams.
Playfields that are so warped and twisted that even the weight of population will not flatten them out.

Unfortunately I am not describing a lot of playfields over time just one of the last I received.
It was pure trash. Fit for nothing but the burn pile.
He has got to do better!

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Hazy inserts
Playfields that are so warped and twisted that even the weight of population will not flatten them out.
Unfortunately I am not describing a lot of playfields over time just one of the last I received.
He has got to do better!

Add:
Vectorized Art issues, bad fonts, and missing text.

#797 1 year ago

Hazy inserts
He has got to do better!

We all hope so but I really don't think he will as u said they are for the fire pit will never buy again and everyone here should do the same

#798 1 year ago

That seems like the big one. Even if he can fix his clear and QA issues, if he can't get his equipment to stick art to wood it's kinda pointless.

#799 1 year ago

Ya your way better off restoring your old PF then u have something after it’s done no more buying for me I spend my money on restoring the old one way better in the long run then I will know it will last for ever

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from Off2War:

Doesn't help that he has pretty much been in hiding since all of this and failed to acknowledge a problem with his product. That in itself says a lot about him and his business morale. Take ownership for your mistake and fix it moving forward, don't just continue to sell and supply a faulty product.
This is why others here are suggesting to ban him, regardless of whether he pays a substantial advertising fee, he is selling a faulty product. The playfield is the heart and soul of the machine, its not an easy part for the average user to just "replace", so many people are stuck with damaged playfields in their machines because of his products.
Its a real shame because his playfields look beautiful, but when the artwork starts to chip off after no more then 10 games, after putting countless hours into a playfield swap, its a devastating feeling and it turns you off the hobby some what. Speaking from personal experience.

I was not trying to justify his business practices.

But some people here were like "why doesn't he just fix the problems?". As if he is thinking, "I could do a lot better, but why bother as long as I'm making money."

It may be that the problems are outside of his ability and/or finances to fix. So he makes what he can with what he's got.

That doesn't excuse his pretending that there isn't a problem, but then what are his other choices?
He could just shut down (which helps no one), or he could say "Yes, I know it's crap, but it's all I have." Neither of those seems to be a great answer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,159.00
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 39.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 79.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 2,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.