20240123_181422 (resized).jpg
pinside.13366fd7c2143e3375ce653efa167ef7e046c37c (resized).jpg
29C90993-1AAC-4BA1-854A-39A5534ABB5F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
3C6F3380-0F77-4A53-9294-0272FCE6B6F0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
11E2D4EF-C4AB-4513-8B34-A5F6D729D5EE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7BC227A1-49E7-450B-BCE9-043699CF8C10_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
04D2E8FD-562E-4E3F-B017-D94A2F2A34A0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#531 2 years ago

Does anyone have a link to a place to “open a ticket” with Mirco? I have some pooling on my new FH pf I’d like to submit. I think a link posted in this thread would be a good idea…

#532 2 years ago

Ok this was funny. His website is about as useful as his quality explanation presentation…

https://mircoplayfields.com/en/i/our-mission

#590 2 years ago

I did a Gorgar swap from Mirco. All the holes were millimeters off from the main pop holes, etc. The entire hole pattern was off angle from the playfield. It was obvious. I had to redrill a lot. Then the clear coat at the scoop chipped off first ball. Not joking. First ball. It was my first swap and I’m not sure I’ll ever do one again after the frustration I felt. Feel free to tell me why it’s my fault. But even Mirco couldn’t do that. He just gave me a set of radcals to make it up. After a year (literally) of nagging him. He knew that playfield sucked.

1 week later
#620 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I am really, REALLY mad I wasn't able to make TPF this time. I would have freakin' paid a second registration to just go to Mirco's panel. Jeez.
To answer this - Peter is f*cking AWESOME. He cares, and he does a freakin' fantasic job. After CPR and Mirco had so many art issues (with TX, Metero, 9-Ball), Peter was asked by some of us if we could review his art for Road-Show - and he willingly sent out PDF copies of his art. And it was flawless.
I got a Getaway field from him a few years ago, and traded if to Kruzman in exchange for a clear job on a TZ playfield - and Ron admitted that it was one of the
best repro fields he came across. (He was more focused on the clear, but..)

Does this person have a website or catalog?

#633 1 year ago

Hahahaha. I seriously thought you were having us on there. Good stuff.

3 months later
#662 1 year ago

Honestly we need ANYBODY else making this stuff. He’s the opposite of an asset to the community. He makes crap, but because he has the licenses, we can’t get anything better.

5 months later
#722 1 year ago

Gorgar was a huge mess. Hole patterns were like 10 degrees misaligned to the entire playfield. Like he didn’t even lay the template down square (or however he does it…). I had to redo a lot of stuff. Finally got it done and the scoop chipped on the FIRST BALL! Not kidding. Like a fingernail sized chip. I felt like taking the whole game to the dump.

3 weeks later
#774 1 year ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

At least tag a warning or disclaimer on the ads, something like:
- Clear coat may not be stable and is known to be prone to pooling/flaking etc.
- Seller does not acknowledge any issues with their product and takes no responsibility
- For long term durability, reclear of playfield will be necessary

Man the clear is just one issue. Holes not even close to lining up with the art, etc.. Major problems. “Reproduction” seems like a falsehood as they’re not even close to the originals.

3 weeks later
#860 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'd commit to a gofundme donation for any group of people that are willing to file a real lawsuit against PPS for defective Mirco PFs. Seriously. no joke here.

I’m in too. Not to punish PPS but to try to get st the untouchable Mirco

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

People surprised at playfield wear.
Ladies and gentlemen things wear out. You play something more with high frequency you will wear it out faster.
It's like we convinced ourselves this can't happen in pinball.
You have a ball, metal using friction gliding and rolling and banging into things and things breaking, shocking isn't?
When it comes to dimpling you act like it's a war crime and it shouldn't happen.
But people on here get freaked out because nature does its thing. Nothing in this world is truly indestructible except for one thing.
At some point indestructible things get worn out and become destructible.
Playfield wear and tear is a fact of life.
Dimpling is a fact of life.
Who knew that people playing pinball for hours on end for months is make things wear down quicker.

You, good sir, post like a troll. Did you see the picture of a month old funhouse playfield? One could play an original funhouse playfield 24/7 for a year and it would never look like that. Mircos playfields are legitimately defective. Period. I got two. Both sucked. My Gorgar chipped and took clear and paint off the scoop on the first ball. FIRST BALL. The other, the entire hole pattern was rotated off the rectangle of plywood by 15 degrees. Comically bad. So, no. You’re just wrong. Or a shill. Or both.

#967 1 year ago

Email sent

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Rick reached out as I had him copied on my email and we spoke on the phone - I am extremely appreciative that he did. Definitely interested in addressing and helping out. While he should not have had to reach out - we had a really good conversation around my issues and the response I got.

I also copied Rick on my email to Mirco and he saw his dismissive response. Kudos to Rick for at least trying to make change happen.

#1021 1 year ago

Oh man. I really hoped that at least his new stuff would be reliable. There weren’t a lot of problems with ts4, right?

#1080 1 year ago

So I got the typical response from Mirco. There are no problems. It’s in the films. Etc. he did offer me $100 off my next purchase. Blah. The only good thing that came out of it was Rick was copied on the whole conversation and pmed me about how dismissive he was, etc. So at least Rick now has a front row seat to see how his sole licensee for some products treats the customers.
Edit: I wasn’t going to quote him directly but this was too good upon review. It’s regarding my chipped clear and paint on my FIRST BALL on a Gorgar I swapped. TLDR: it’s my fault for not putting a cliffy on the scoop (cliffy didn’t make one until I emergency begged him to make one custom for me).

“As we already figured out before you did not put protectors in the holes prior to use which can result into chipping and with Bad luck into bigger chips. I have had the same situation myself when I started working on pinball. I bought a nos Monster bash playfield in 2003 and after I installed it and had the first shot into the mosh pit hole, a large Chip of paint flaked off. I took the board out of the game, touched the area up and put it back in. It is what it is but this is nothing new or only happening with our playfields. “

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Two days after the new playfield install on my black knight. Happening in numerous locations. [quoted image]

Man I’m sorry. That sucks.

3 weeks later
#1163 11 months ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Just to refute Mirco’s last post in this thread: I have bought 3 playfields from him over the course of 10 years. ALL 3 have had issues with the latest one being the worst with clearcoat chipping and cracking. The percentages are not low, the issues are not few. This post may just be a speck now in the world of pinball where not many see it, but it WILL grow.

Yeah the statistics don’t lie. I have bought three and two had severe problems and one had significant problems. Not one perfect or even close.

4 weeks later
#1283 10 months ago

I do think the radcals have been a better experience. My ij were great. However my friend hated his totan ones and Mirco just gave him the old “it’s like that in the original films” routine.

Avoid Mirco if at all possible.

1 month later
#1303 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm not sure if this is the right "Mirco Sucks" thread so if I am in the wrong place please let me know.
3 years ago I sent Mirco a very rare play field to reproduce. 3 years !!!! I can't get the man off the dime. We have gone beyond the being nice to each other bullshit phase.
I have told him several times to just send the play field back and I would pay for the shipping.
I finally called him out for his 3 years of excuses of not reproducing this play field. He says Jersey Jack is keeping him busy. OK, Mirco, I get it. You can't do the job. Just send it back. He pretty much told me to fuck off.
I told him I have no idea if he will be taking another 1, or 2, or 3 years to produce this play field.
And now he ghosts me when I send him an email.
How do I get some action out of this lying POS ?
Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks

It’s amazing, frankly. Just scan the damn thing and send it back! What more do you need Mirco? Highclasspinball

1 month later
#1751 7 months ago

Just found this on my indy playfield that was installed a couple years ago…

Just a reminder that these Mirco playfields suck!!! I ironed it back out and put down Mylar and everything is good now. But that was a sweaty repair!!

1A28D64D-C5C6-4C92-982B-FFB4E4C5ACFE (resized).jpeg1A28D64D-C5C6-4C92-982B-FFB4E4C5ACFE (resized).jpeg7E2ED23F-FFF1-4ADB-96BC-06773EAA41FB (resized).jpeg7E2ED23F-FFF1-4ADB-96BC-06773EAA41FB (resized).jpeg7FD5AA34-1DC3-4C4F-93E1-6261552DE6FC (resized).jpeg7FD5AA34-1DC3-4C4F-93E1-6261552DE6FC (resized).jpegD096D37D-5D12-4E6E-B5B4-425753256DB3 (resized).jpegD096D37D-5D12-4E6E-B5B4-425753256DB3 (resized).jpegDE727079-F42F-471E-991C-048D904630B3 (resized).jpegDE727079-F42F-471E-991C-048D904630B3 (resized).jpeg
#1753 7 months ago

It’s repaired, but I would never use Mirco again. And if I bought a game with a Mirco pf Id immediately take all the posts off and put down adhesive Mylar.

#1768 7 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

What does that have to do with playfield quality?

These are the best images this thread has produced. They certainly show pooling on a recent playfield. Doesn’t look like the star posts were over torqued either Thank you for sharing
The focus is pooling under star posts, but are there other spots where pooling can or have occurred? What about metal posts or under metal brackets for ball guides?
Would Mylar actually stop pooling under star posts?
Personally, just going the silicone washer route.

After a lot of reading, the Mylar under the post has adhesive that actively holds the art together and keeps it from curling up.

Other posts could definitely have the problem, but I think maybe they don’t take the pounding that the sling posts do?

1 week later
#1794 6 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Let's not bash John... He hasn't ripped anyone off like Micro does on a regular basis.

That Texas lawyer might have something to say about that…

But, to keep on topic, Mirco playfields suck!

#1807 6 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Can we please get back to ontopic posts about the lack of service from Highclasspinball ?

And the crappy clear coat!

4 weeks later
#1839 5 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Just keeping this topside for any new pinsiders.

Great call

1 month later
#2144 4 months ago

FWIW I didn’t see pooling around my posts on IJ for a full year. I’m really hoping the washers solve the problem for everyone.

Hopefully JJP uses them…

#2145 4 months ago

Bump

4 weeks later
#2163 3 months ago

Bump. Hoping someday Mirco fixes his processes. I’m afraid he will still ship out all his defective playfields before making ones with the corrected clearcoat though. Maybe that’s obvious.

2 weeks later
#2190 87 days ago

Bump for awesome cotton and mediocre Mirco!

4 weeks later
#2247 58 days ago

I honestly would consider it if you’re desperate. But put washers under every post and don’t complain if it pools. It will.

Others will rightfully disagree and say you shouldn’t support his crap business. But I hate to see a wounded Indy.

1 week later
#2321 47 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

Got a Gorgar playfield and it was perfect. Just beautiful.

You’re lucky. My Gorgar from Micro had ALL the holes top and bottom misaligned with the art and the rectangle of the pf. Total nightmare. Then, when I adjusted everything and got it all installed a giant chip of clearcoat WITH PAINT came off the scoop on the literal 1st ball.

I’ve changed my vote to “never buy from”

1 week later
#2387 40 days ago

Absurd. The QC there is headed by blind monkeys…

2 weeks later
#2637 26 days ago

Yeah, out of four playfields I got from Mirco, two had significant defects. Yes, they were probably made years ago. The real question is whether he threw all those old ones out and remade them with his new process, or is selling through the crap (grap) ones.

I’ll give you one guess which is happening.

1 week later
#2662 15 days ago

Bump. Crappy playfields.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=paynemic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.