I have thought about whther or not to post this for a while, but I have come tothe conclusion that it is absolutely neccessary.
Recently purchased a reproduction PF from MircoPlayfields and have had the worst experience with it. The quality of the product iscomplete crap - print and holes are massively misalignedand. I am stuck with it.
In response to my complaint Mirco had these things to state:
1. You are the first of hundreds of customers complaining about this (discreditation)
2. All my playfields are like this and even the originals are not better (i believe most of them are, which sucks for him. but not all - straight lie)
3. Read the Terms of service - Return shipping is to be paid by you
4. Make sure there is no damage whatsoever (There wasn't, and adequate shipping insurance, which is VERY recommended based on statement 3 is very expensive, making the return shipment unreasonable altogether)
Mirco would have had several ways to rectify the situation: He could have offered an exchange or a discount. That better PF exist in his stock you can see in several of the restoration threads and even by the photo he has in his shop. He could have sent me a return label from his large volume deal with his logitics partner - I would have even paid for it.
What he did was discredit my complaint with statement 1., lie to me in statement 2, and act rigid and absolutely unhelpfulby statement 3. even, where it would have not cost him a cent, and even make an implicit threat in statement 4.
I now have a playfield with is shit (luckily mainly where it will be covered by the ramps etc.), but is still better than none. I am still open to any suggestion from his side to improve the situation, but not expecting. Until then enjoy the pictures and be warned.
My recommendation is to
1. avoid him and his products altogether
2. If NEED BE only order his stuff through retailers who have leverage on him.