20240123_181422 (resized).jpg
pinside.13366fd7c2143e3375ce653efa167ef7e046c37c (resized).jpg
29C90993-1AAC-4BA1-854A-39A5534ABB5F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
3C6F3380-0F77-4A53-9294-0272FCE6B6F0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
11E2D4EF-C4AB-4513-8B34-A5F6D729D5EE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7BC227A1-49E7-450B-BCE9-043699CF8C10_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
04D2E8FD-562E-4E3F-B017-D94A2F2A34A0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 54.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I was going to create a decal for it - like I did the Meteor - but I ended up having Chris/HEP redo my factory, so I never got around to it. I may be able to toss together a sheet of decals, but it would take some time.

oh, since it's been sitting for 10+ years there's no hurry. I was excited when I got it but then the responses were "why is it pink?" (pink variant).

I don't REALLY need to swap it, but one of my award inserts along the bottom occasionally pops up when it's really dry or humid I forget which, and it affects the roll of the ball (plus will end up causing some wear.....) Rest of the PF is nice since I bought this game a year or less off of a location that saw very little use.

#102 3 years ago

(Frr the record, I actually have nothing against the pink version - the first TZ I owned was the pink, and I didn't even NOTICE it until after I got my sample game..!)

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Does your TZ playfield have all the text on the center door? (Seriously. Wondering if he fixed that.)

Well shit. I didn’t even notice :/ missing “piano awards lit value”

Now I’m disappointed

B8C36156-E11A-499A-8BDD-4818F212A016 (resized).jpegB8C36156-E11A-499A-8BDD-4818F212A016 (resized).jpeg
#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Now I’m disappointed [quoted image]

Same here just looked at mine, also has some ghosting and clear issues up in front of the clock target where the ball has bounced.
If I don’t put my reading glasses on it’s all good!!!

#105 3 years ago

At least without the piano text leave the slot text off too!!

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Now I’m disappointed [quoted image]

F*ck.

Quoted from slochar:

At least without the piano text leave the slot text off too!!

I believe it was just an accident, oversight. (Like 99% of CPR's issues, apparently). I send him an email, pointing it out, and never got a reply back.. So unsure if he ignored me or didn't get the email.

#107 3 years ago

Not defending Mirco…

There's something that I've noticed in this hobby that I haven't seen anywhere else. I'm wondering if anyone has any insights into why. I regularly see posts where someone isn't happy with a product, wants to return it, and expect the seller to pick up the cost of return shipping. If you don't like something, ship it back on your own dime.

#108 3 years ago

How about do it right or don’t bother?

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Not defending Mirco…
There's something that I've noticed in this hobby that I haven't seen anywhere else. I'm wondering if anyone has any insights into why. I regularly see posts where someone isn't happy with a product, wants to return it, and expect the seller to pick up the cost of return shipping. If you don't like something, ship it back on your own dime.

People have gotten accustomed to free return shipping from big businesses, and expect the same from small businesses.

#110 3 years ago

If a product is defective or not as described, the seller should pay to ship it back. If the buyer simply has buyers remorse or no longer wants the item, he or she should pay return shipping.

A buyer should never have to pay extra shipping due to seller error.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Not defending Mirco…

If you dont like, is not the same as defective or broken.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If you dont like, is not the same as defective or broken.

Agreed... but "defective" is subjective.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

If you don't like something, ship it back on your own dime.

If you sell a reproduction product, then it is reasonable for the buyer to assume that it is of the same quality as, functions the same as, and at least matches the reliability of the original.

It’s the sellers fault for knowingly putting garbage into the post and then hoping the buyer accepts it. It’s not the customers job to do QA for them, and it certainly shouldn’t cost the customer significant international shipping fees (on large products) for the privilege.

2 months later
#114 3 years ago

I have read this topic with great interest. I want to order a playfield for my scared stiff from mirco soon. So far communication is going well. I also asked if i am not satisfied if I can return it and that was no problem. I also don't find any crazy messages on his facebook page
When i see the pictures on the forum i am worried because it is a € 1000,- . I have specially created an account on Pinside to be able to give my feedback when i recieved my playfield.

regards

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmachine:

I have read this topic with great interest. I want to order a playfield for my scared stiff from mirco soon. So far communication is going well. I also asked if i am not satisfied if I can return it and that was no problem. I also don't find any crazy messages on his facebook page
When i see the pictures on the forum i am worried because it is a € 1000,- . I have specially created an account on Pinside to be able to give my feedback when i recieved my playfield.
regards

You created an account 5y ago to give a playfield review? Or you have two pinside accounts? Why create another account just for a review?

#116 3 years ago

created an account a few years a go but never used it. I only have 1 account

#117 3 years ago

but if you prefer that I don't give feedback, let me know

regard tim

#118 3 years ago

I also asked if i am not satisfied if I can return it and that was no problem.

He will accept returns but you need to pay for shipping, not cheap.

#119 3 years ago

I also asked if i am not satisfied if I can return it and that was no problem. I also don't find any crazy messages on his facebook page

1) As meSz stated; you must pay for return shipping which would be expensive.
2) Mirco is not known for being customer oriented ... and making excuses for defects or design problems.
3) Facebook isn't trust worthy. The owner of the facebook page can freely delete any post they want. Stern white washes their pages regularly and hourly. I'm sure Mirco does the same.

All I can say; is buyer beware.

#120 3 years ago

regards

Everything will be fine until:

A: you have handed the payment over and
B: when the playfield arrives you find an error that wasn't included in the pictures provided or mentioned in the description.

Then the fun begins in getting restitution.

#121 3 years ago

If you buy from PPS, they offer a service (I think it's an extra $50) where they will hand pick you a playfield and send you pictures of the exact item before its shipped. That way you can inspect it before purchase. Well worth the price IMO. Obviously this applies only for the playfields they sell (mostly/only Bally Williams).

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

If you buy from PPS, they offer a service (I think it's an extra $50) where they will hand pick you a playfield and send you pictures of the exact item before its shipped. That way you can inspect it before purchase. Well worth the price IMO. Obviously this applies only for the playfields they sell (mostly/only Bally Williams).

They charge extra to not send you a garbage product? Now that’s service!

#123 3 years ago

I want to order a playfield for my scared stiff from mirco soon.

Just don't order from him directly. Order from a reseller. That way you don't have a direct contract with him and for that reason you will have a more reasonable business partner to deal with.
also the margin on the sale is going to the reseller mostly and not to Mirco.

That's what I should have done.

#124 3 years ago

I’ve received at least 5 different playfields from Mirco. Hard to say exactly since we go back about 10 years. All 5 perfect and problem free. He is Always super nice to deal with. I always recommend him to anyone who needs a playfield. Never any issues. He supplies a crazy volume which explains rare issues. Buy with confidence. It used to be virtually impossible to put together a super nice game due to playfield wear. Nos playfields were over 2k. Today, Mirco and Cpr have changed all of that. Big thank you!

#125 3 years ago

regards

Don't do it, wait for a decent 2nd hand playfield or CPR/NOS. Mirco is a shark/shonk. Does not stand by his product, has all the excuses in the world, does not take any blame for issues which are clearly Mirco's fault. I have two of his playfields, one is drilled incorrectly, the other had clearcoat issue which cost me 100's of dollars to repair. A poor or faulty product is one thing, but his #@$%*^! poor attitude and customer service is even worse. Just makes my blood boil.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

crazy volume which explains rare issues

Sorry, but this does NOT cover bad art, that all PFs in a run will have...

#127 3 years ago

If defective, I would think the manufacturer would cover shipping return. Other places I've bought from send the correct item and a return shipping label. They cover the cost....

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If defective, I would think the manufacturer would cover shipping return. Other places I've bought from send the correct item and a return shipping label. They cover the cost....

You would think that, yup.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If defective

Unless the manufacturer tells you that whatever it is you are experiencing is to be expected blah blah... Once he has the money he shows who he is...

#130 3 years ago

I did the PPS purchase for my SS playfield. I paid the extra money to get a hand picked playfield. I was sent high resolution pictures and confirmed I could return it if I wasn't happy. This is absolutely the best way. My playfield was perfect and still looks new. Excellent customer service from PPS

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I did the PPS purchase for my SS playfield. I paid the extra money to get a hand picked playfield. I was sent high resolution pictures and confirmed I could return it if I wasn't happy. This is absolutely the best way. My playfield was perfect and still looks new. Excellent customer service from PPS

Just my opinion, excellent customer service would be that PPS does this without charging for it! Basically PPS is saying they're aware that the quality of the playfields is hit or miss so we're going to benefit off this and charge you to look at them as opposed to looking at them and sending any flawed ones back to Mirco.

So the people that pay PPS for this service gets a great example. The person that doesn't pay for it gets a less then desired playfield. Let's face it, PPS has to get rid of the less then desired ones sooner or later!

The only way to get a company, in this case Mirco, to step up their quality is to hold them accountable. Or maybe Mirco adopts a process like CPR where he grades his playfields. Opinions always varies but if you're paying for a bronze or silver you know there's going to be flaws. With Mirco you're paying full price and hoping there's no issues.

#132 3 years ago

I see your point. I was referring more to the communication and delivery of what I wanted in a playfield. My post here was to show a option to get a playfield in excellent condition without dealing with Mirco directly.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I did the PPS purchase for my SS playfield.

I did for my WCS playfield, years back. Was worth it, especially when they said the first one they looked had 'art issues'. The second one had 'wrong colors', but was otherwise in great shape. They sent me images, and I told them - I'll take it, because it happened to be a prototype field. If I hadn't gotten the service, I likely woulda gotten the first one.

#134 3 years ago

I live in the Netherlands. it will be an expensive playifield if i buy it from the usa with import costs then i pay 2 playfields. does anyone know a dealer in the Netherlands or Belgium other than mystiry of pinball?

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

People have gotten accustomed to free return shipping from big businesses, and expect the same from small businesses.

Depends on what you classify as big/small business.

He's no Amazon, but he's also not some guy running playfields off a mechanical hand router in his basement.

If a manufacturer actually stood by their product, an offer of free return shipping as a possible solution for obvious defects shouldn't be seen as unreasonable rather than trying to excuse it away as part and parcel of the manufacturing process.

#136 3 years ago

I live in the Netherlands. it will be an expensive playifield if i buy it from the usa with import costs then i pay 2 playfields. does anyone know a dealer in the Netherlands or Belgium other than mystiry of pinball?

Why not buy it directly from him in Germany?
Received two AFM playfields recently and they are grate.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Why not buy it directly from him in Germany?
Received two AFM playfields recently and they are grate.

If you go in person it fine. If not - read the thread.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I just did a funhouse from them. No issues and beautiful playfield!

With a lie on it? Back when he did Funhouse, he was advised not to include the DiamondPlate logo but he included it anyway. Lost any potential business from me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-beware-of-diamond-plate-funhouse-pf

#139 3 years ago

Just got a gorgar from him sent from Germany playfield has a 3/32nd bow / dip in the middle was told this was perfectly normal and would go flat after installed never heard of this before

0112211616 (resized).jpg0112211616 (resized).jpg0112211616a (resized).jpg0112211616a (resized).jpg
#140 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Not defending Mirco…

it's not that we don't like the product it's that it's defective,I would think if you got a defective product you paid for it you would want the seller to pay for return shipping and send a correct item with no defects

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Could be worse, look at this blue on a cpr gold that im about to change.
[quoted image]

I actually like the lighter blue better ? Either way: beautiful playfield.

#142 3 years ago

I’ve gone through 60+ New playfields in 10 years. I store them leaning against the wall. I’ve never had an issue with warp once installed. I would say your totally fine. Both sides sit on the lock bar. I can’t see how it could possibly hold that slight dip. I’ve had many show up with some twist but nothing detectable once installed. I would be curious if anyone has ever seen one in a game. Nice Black knight. Is that Cpr or Mirco?

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

I’ve gone through 60+ New playfields in 10 years. I store them leaning against the wall. I’ve never had an issue with warp once installed. I would say your totally fine. Both sides sit on the lock bar. I can’t see how it could possibly hold that slight dip. I’ve had many show up with some twist but nothing detectable once installed. I would be curious if anyone has ever seen one in a game. Nice Black knight. Is that Cpr or Mirco?

Someone had a really bad Iron Maiden (? I think it was maiden...) a couple years ago that they posted pics of. VERY warped.

#144 3 years ago

A friend just posted this on his Led Zepplin. Reminds me of your issue @jq-pinner77

https://www.facebook.com/859575143/videos/10165239778035144/

#145 3 years ago

Must be brutal to get a warp across the width...

I presume it's easier to self-straighten a length-warp with woodrails (depending on the game) and how it seats in the cabinet.

#146 3 years ago

Good to see Stern still give no shits about quality. No wonder Mirco can get away with anything he wants.

#147 3 years ago

Has anyone recieved their playfield with in the last 3-4 weeks.? How do they look? Thinking of getting a playfield , but am concerned...

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Has anyone recieved their playfield with in the last 3-4 weeks.? How do they look? Thinking of getting a playfield , butvam concerned...

I received two sets, fishtales and black knight. They look totally perfect!

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Can I also ask that you CC your email correspondence to Rick at PPS the license holder for BW reproduction parts.
If he is made aware that there are a multitude of complaints about quality control from collectors on every continent then minimum standards might actually improve.

Read Rick’s post or his personal PM’s to many members. You will then really see the true colors. In 2005 this industry was going out of business. They would do anything for a sale. Now the industry is booming. Until people stop buying the bad products nothing will change. As long as they are making money no one cares. The OP is just complaining in their eyes. He should be happy they took his money.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Read Rick’s post or his personal PM’s to many members. You will then really see the true colors. In 2005 this industry was going out of business. They would do anything for a sale. Now the industry is booming. Until people stop buying the bad products nothing will change. As long as they are making money no one cares. The OP is just complaining in their eyes. He should be happy they took his money.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, NY
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.