(Topic ID: 257845)

Warning! Mirco not returning playfields and plastics.

By Mitch

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you been wronged or how do you feel about how he treats customers.”

• I've sent mirco a playfeild and plastic and never received them back 8 votes
      4%
    • I've sent mirco a playfeild and plastic and dont expect them back 2 votes
      1%
    • I'm never buying g from mirco because of this 95 votes
      52%
    • I'll still buy from mirco because I have no issues with his shady practices 6 votes
      3%
    • None of this matters as mirco quality is shit and he never addresses it. 56 votes
      31%
    • I love mirco he can do no wrong. 16 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 183 votes by 162 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    31501F9A-9528-4881-92AA-D9E17991B604 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191220-233554_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-233545_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Untitled document.pdf (PDF preview)
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 4 years ago

After seeing this mentioned in so many different threads I fell that it should have it's own topic so people are aware and dont get ripped off by mirco.

Atleast half a dozen people have sent playfeilds or plastic sets in to be used for repo artwork.

Mirco then refuses to send back the owners property and will eventually completely stop responding and ghost you.

This is a warning that if you send something to mirco, despite what he may say you may never see it again.

Because of this I am boycotting mirco. I will no longer buy any products made by them.

You've been warned.

#2 4 years ago

To think that people want to help out and then get this treatment , terrible indeed.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

After seeing this mentioned in so many different threads I fell that it should have it's own topic so people are aware and dont get ripped off by mirco.
    Atleast half a dozen people have sent playfeilds or plastic sets in to be used for repo artwork.
    Mirco then refuses to send back the owners property and will eventually completely stop responding and ghost you.
    This is a warning that if you send something to mirco, despite what he may say you may never see it again.
    Because of this I am boycotting mirco. I will no longer buy any products made by them.
    You've been warned.

I believe you, but I think it's best to cite actual posts and have the playfield owners chime in here, especially if you are not one of them. Some claims could also be old and resolved. Maybe start a list of those who are currently being screwed? I hope everyone gets their stuff back.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I believe you, but I think it's best to cite actual posts and have the playfield owners chime in here, especially if you are not one of them. I hope everyone gets their stuff back.

I have sent PMs to a few members who have had this happen to them asking them to share there experiences here.

There are a few reports of this in this thread and a few other threads.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-which-new-mirco-repro-playfield-titles-wanted-for-2018/page/17#post-5365976

#5 4 years ago

I first hand know of someone that sent mirco a playfield and plastics from his game and micro is not a stand up guy. He’s a crook and should be exposed, I wouldn’t mind saying this to him in person to his face. When a collector LENDS you collector quality playfield and plastics for your reproduction business and you keep it and ghost them you're a POS! This issue has not been resolved! It’s not old it’s currently happening.

#6 4 years ago

I don't have any experience in this, other than to say I have seen the threads on here for ages, all saying the same thing. I wouldn't send them anything.

#7 4 years ago

It’s good to have a thread to allow the victims to tell their story. I’m also boycotting any purchases from mirco and will let all my collector friends know not to support mirco.

#8 4 years ago

Centaur Playfield sent November/December 2018.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I first hand know of someone that sent mirco a playfield and plastics from his game and micro is not a stand up guy. He’s a crook and should be exposed, I wouldn’t mind saying this to him in person to his face. When a collector LENDS you collector quality playfield and plastics for your reproduction business and you keep it and ghost them you're a POS! This issue has not been resolved! It’s not old it’s currently happening.

True story.

I doubt he'll ever show his face state-side where people will actually be allowed to confront him!

#10 4 years ago

I almost sent him my NOS Jungle Lord playfields. After the incident with him threatening to sue other companies when he had no grounds to do so I held back. Glad I did.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Centaur Playfield sent November/December 2018.

Ouch

Quoted from PinLen83:

True story.
    I doubt he'll ever show his face state-side where people will actually be allowed to confront him!

I believe I have seen him at Expo and Texas unless he sends someone else to represent his company.

#12 4 years ago

He was at TX last year.

#13 4 years ago

I'd love to share but I'm still hoping to get my assets back instead if him setting them on fire. I'm sure others are in the same boat.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

It’s good to have a thread to allow the victims to tell their story. I’m also boycotting any purchases from mirco and will let all my collector friends know not to support mirco.

That means not buying many new pins either as it looks like Mirco is doing most of JJP and a good portion of Stern playfields. Although there are plenty of reasons to avoid those purchases right now anyways.

Thanks
    Blake

#15 4 years ago

It sounds to me, like these asset owners need to get together and get a lawyer involved.

I'll bet there is a pinball loving lawyer on this forum, who would assist.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

I'd love to share but I'm still hoping to get my assets back instead if him setting them on fire. I'm sure others are in the same boat.

It’s terrible that you have to be victimized and fearful to tell in fear of losing your property. Hopefully mirco will respond and return people’s property.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

That means not buying many new pins either as it looks like Mirco is doing most of JJP and a good portion of Stern playfields. Although there are plenty of reasons to avoid those purchases right now anyways.
    Thanks
    Blake

I have to be honest and say your right I never thought about that, it’s not fair to JJP or Stern to lose business. I was talking about buying products directly from mirco or his booth at the shows.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

It sounds to me, like these asset owners need to get together and get a lawyer involved.
    I'll bet there is a pinball loving lawyer on this forum, who would assist.

If you think there's an attorney on here who is both versed enough in international law and willing to take on a case for probably 1% of the value of his normal case just for funsies you may be hallucinating.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I have to be honest and say your right I never thought about that, it’s not fair to JJP or Stern to lose business. I was talking about buying products directly from mirco or his booth at the shows.

Its a fucked up situation that no one should have to be in. Puts a hurting on the industry/hobby as a whole. I hope it is rectified.

Thanks
    Blake

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Perhaps someone should get all the victims together and start a dialog with Jack and Gary about what is going on? I would think if enough people contact them they will move in order to keep customers coming back rather than lose business in a hobby that has thin ranks already.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

It’s terrible that you have to be victimized and fearful to tell in fear of losing your property. Hopefully mirco will respond and return people’s property.

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks so much for starting this thread Mitch! I didn't want to start this thread out of fear of never seeing my stuff again. Like rape victims we have been questioning ourselves as if we did something wrong and not speaking out for fear of what would happen to our property. After being in the dark since Sept when he stopped corresponding and doesn't pick up his phone what do I have to lose? Here's my post from the Quicksilver thread to share my experience with Mirco.

I'd like to share my Mirco experience with the Quicksilver group and what my repro playfield is like now that I FINALLY received it the 2nd week of August. In October of last year I sent my restored playfield that Devin (sohchx,) had touched up and cleared along with my plastic set to Mirco so he could make the repros possible. I was told that he should print mid Feb of this year and I should expect my stuff back mid to end of April of this year and that he might need the playfield a little longer for reference. When I saw that the playfields were put up for sale I kept emailing asking for updates and when I can expect the playfields back because I wanted to repopulate and sell this game. A number of excuses like various colds and vacations and workers not being there were given over the summer while I had the distinct pleasure of watching other pinsiders receive their playfields! Even though I was being jerked around I kept sending pleasant emails and kept getting curt non aplogetic responses. When I had enough in July and sent an email demanding my playfield and plastics back he finally sent me a repro 2nd week of Aug. but without the plastic set. I emailed asking why I hadn't received the plastics I was told that he didn't have the time to deal with my small project he has more important work to deal with. I then got the run around again until Sept when I was told he still didn't get to it and that I should be happy with the playfield I received and that the deal was he keeps the donor playfield for reference. Then in the next sentence he wrote but of course if you want it back you can have it I just need it for reference. I again explained I had people interest in buying the Quicksilver since May and need the plastics back. Well a month went by again and I reached out and reminded him I haven't complained publicly this whole time. That every time he told me he needed my playfield for reference I told him I"d be willing to accept another repro in it's place if he wanted to keep the original and I NEED my plastics to finish this restore. Silence

I'm tired of asking politely for my playfield and plastics back while being strung along with excuses or just outright ignored. In 3 days it will be a year since I shipped them though I was told I'd have them back within 6 months. It's not the 6 months difference it was the way in which I was treated during the whole process. He couldn't be bothered to even scan some plastics over the span of a year?! Just wanted to share my frustrating year long experience with Mirco and warn others what to expect if you are kind enough to depopulate and send off your property to Mirco to share with the community. Since I wasn't a paying customer he couldn't be bothered. I haven't heard from him since September 11th!

#22 4 years ago

Oh forgot to say thaty post was from 53 days ago. I'm past the year mark now. I was sorry to find out from others after I posted that he is an equal opportunity 'I don't give a shit about our agreement kinda guy' and others are in the same boat.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks so much for starting this thread Mitch! I didn't want to start this thread out of fear of never seeing my stuff again. Like rape victims we have been questioning ourselves as if we did something wrong and not speaking out for fear of what would happen to our property. After being in the dark since Sept when he stopped corresponding and doesn't pick up his phone what do I have to lose? Here's my post from the Quicksilver thread to share my experience with Mirco.
    I'd like to share my Mirco experience with the Quicksilver group and what my repro playfield is like now that I FINALLY received it the 2nd week of August. In October of last year I sent my restored playfield that Devin (sohchx,) had touched up and cleared along with my plastic set to Mirco so he could make the repros possible. I was told that he should print mid Feb of this year and I should expect my stuff back mid to end of April of this year and that he might need the playfield a little longer for reference. When I saw that the playfields were put up for sale I kept emailing asking for updates and when I can expect the playfields back because I wanted to repopulate and sell this game. A number of excuses like various colds and vacations and workers not being there were given over the summer while I had the distinct pleasure of watching other pinsiders receive their playfields! Even though I was being jerked around I kept sending pleasant emails and kept getting curt non aplogetic responses. When I had enough in July and sent an email demanding my playfield and plastics back he finally sent me a repro 2nd week of Aug. but without the plastic set. I emailed asking why I hadn't received the plastics I was told that he didn't have the time to deal with my small project he has more important work to deal with. I then got the run around again until Sept when I was told he still didn't get to it and that I should be happy with the playfield I received and that the deal was he keeps the donor playfield for reference. Then in the next sentence he wrote but of course if you want it back you can have it I just need it for reference. I again explained I had people interest in buying the Quicksilver since May and need the plastics back. Well a month went by again and I reached out and reminded him I haven't complained publicly this whole time. That every time he told me he needed my playfield for reference I told him I"d be willing to accept another repro in it's place if he wanted to keep the original and I NEED my plastics to finish this restore. Silence
    I'm tired of asking politely for my playfield and plastics back while being strung along with excuses or just outright ignored. In 3 days it will be a year since I shipped them though I was told I'd have them back within 6 months. It's not the 6 months difference it was the way in which I was treated during the whole process. He couldn't be bothered to even scan some plastics over the span of a year?! Just wanted to share my frustrating year long experience with Mirco and warn others what to expect if you are kind enough to depopulate and send off your property to Mirco to share with the community. Since I wasn't a paying customer he couldn't be bothered. I haven't heard from him since September 11th!

What's really fucked up about this, Sterns re-release is probably why he held onto your PF for so long. I'll never forget that "AH-HA" moment when we realized that.

The flood gates have now officially opened. This is gonna be a rocky ride

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I mean what do you expect?

You sent them in for repo!

#25 4 years ago

Where are they located?

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They EXPECT to get them back, along with a new repro.. as promised.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Where are they located?

Germany

Thanks
    Blake

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With the thought they would get their items back and be comped at least for helping out.!

#29 4 years ago

I wonder what our fellow pinheads in Germany can share....?
    thanks Blake.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

They EXPECT to get them back, along with a new repro.. as promised.

It was a joke. He was playing on the word repro with repo.

In all seriousness this sucks. Won’t be buying playfields from him anymore.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are missing the pun here.
    Levi is riffing on "repossess" rather than "reproduce" for repo.
    Levi should stop complaining about "Punny Factory".

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Yes it was a joke on the common "repo/repro" conflation. Yes I'm on pre-order list for PF. (I'm the first to abbreviate it!)

Yes it sucks.

Send them back their shit you douche!!!

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

D'oh. Missed it by 27 seconds.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

As I mentioned earlier:

Thanks
    Blake

#35 4 years ago

I used to support this guy but this is unacceptable. People are voluntarily helping him create products to make money and then they get screwed.

I think it make sense to compile a list of people out their products.

What a dick.

#36 4 years ago

Maybe his shop will burn down. Karma's a bitch.

#37 4 years ago

Or maybe he'll just continue doing whatever he wants because he's the only game in town, other than CPR who does not have the capacity and their own issues to deal with.

#38 4 years ago

Glad it didn’t get to the point where I sent him a big game playfield.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

As I mentioned earlier:
    Thanks
    Blake

Yep!

D034F418-F205-4A3A-AD29-007347D75D5C (resized).jpegD034F418-F205-4A3A-AD29-007347D75D5C (resized).jpegE082B9EC-8CC5-48E2-94E0-420B372F2F62 (resized).jpegE082B9EC-8CC5-48E2-94E0-420B372F2F62 (resized).jpeg
    #40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Or maybe he'll just continue doing whatever he wants because he's the only game in town, other than CPR who does not have the capacity and their own issues to deal with.

Do not think this is true anymore - Spooky is not getting their PFs from CPR or Mirco, said they had someone local doing them. This.. could be a game changer.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Do not think this is true anymore - Spooky is not getting their PFs from CPR or Mirco, said they had someone local doing them. This.. could be a game changer.

paradigm shift!!!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Yep![quoted image][quoted image]

Man I hate to see that. The pooling and chipping is unreal and becoming the norm real quick.

This thread is full of examples: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/4

Thanks
    Blake

#43 4 years ago

This really sucks. I know I personally would be extremely pissed with the guy if he tried to keep my PF.

Has anyone thought of asking/demanding a cash deposit when they send off something to him?

#44 4 years ago

I prepaid for a set of Whirlwind CALs at Expo 2 years ago because he didn't have them with him. It took many many emails and some threats on my end to get him to send them. He was at Disneyworld, they weren't run yet, blah blah blah.

Never do business with them again unless it's at a booth and it's something I really need.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

He was at Disneyworld, they weren't run yet, blah blah blah.

Yeah he used vacations and sicknesses to string me along for 6 months as I asked for just my plastics to be scanned and sent back so I could finish the restore. I offered to accept another repro and have him keep the original. I offered to buy another repro or one of his other playfields at 1/2 price to let him keep the original for reference as long as he wants just so he would send the plastics back. He couldn't even be bothered to respond. Apparently he has a correspondence limit and got tired of hearing from me.

#46 4 years ago

Next time he shows up to TPF take one of his PF’s for collateral.

#47 4 years ago

Yeah when I originally sent him Centaur he said he should have them ready for TPF of next year, March 2019. I can only assume he works on a Deeproot like schedule at this point.

#48 4 years ago

I have to say when I started this thread i was worried it would get shut down or become very negative towards me.

I'm glad people are showing up to support the pinside community.

#49 4 years ago

It would be wrong for pinside to squash this topic, we are only posting the truth to help others we are all long time members with verified accounts that have donated many times to pinside, both on game sales and as members. Robin please do not allow this to get removed!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I have to say when I started this thread i was worried it would get shut down or become very negative towards me.
    I'm glad people are showing up to support the pinside community.

Most stories have two sides but this has only one and it sucks.

There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mirco-stealing-playfeilds-and-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.