IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Indiana Jones is wrong, too. The art is clearly different on willie, and I don't care how much he denies it, the black keylines show signs of autotrace in Illustrator (fatter and longer than original art). Willie looks like a vampire because most of her teeth in the middle are missing on his.
On the non-glitter playfields, the "Y" in shorty is wrong, the yellow just disappears and you can see the art underneath.
Lots of stupid stuff like this that could have been caught by the community if he had let more eyeballs on the art before he ran them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

He turned her into a Vampire

6 months later
#127 3 years ago

If defective, I would think the manufacturer would cover shipping return. Other places I've bought from send the correct item and a return shipping label. They cover the cost....

1 week later
#147 3 years ago

Has anyone recieved their playfield with in the last 3-4 weeks.? How do they look? Thinking of getting a playfield , but am concerned...

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

No I was able to take some tonight tho. I added washers and got them just snug enough which I did in the first place but I hope this is the end of it. I also sanded the edges of the through and hole. There has been a cliffy on the hole since day 1 but not covering 100% you can see the chipping. Oddly none of my star posts have pooling so fingers crossed it holds up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to hear this and that is what worries me if I buy a micro playfield.....

10 months later
#322 2 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Drilling a whole that was missed or opening up holes that were to small as has happened on several CPR playfields makes me laugh my first playfield swap was a Funhouse back in I believe 2005 ish. The playfield was a remake by Gene Cunningham, one of his first. There was NO dimpling on the backside, yes that’s the way they were sold!
So I had to take my old playfield sand the bottom side then place tracing paper on it. Identify some orientation points between the two an mark with pencil each an every screw hole. Then line that up with my new playfield secure it then used a sharp spring loaded punch to dimple it myself…
Turned out great
Still have the game today…
[quoted image]

I still have one of those IPB Funhouae playfields. Gene sent me a tracing layout of the dimple marks.

1 year later
#982 1 year ago

Let's not forget this one....

Pinside_forum_7428726_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7428726_0 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#1752 8 months ago

That is just terrible.

#1760 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Only way to teach Mirco a lesson is with your wallet.
After reading he's selling a members custom TOTAN code even after the member said "stop" .... yeah he's a dirt merchant that needs a blanket party.

It's unfortunate and obvious that even with all the complaints, Rick at Planetary Pinball does not care....

3 weeks later
#1827 7 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Because its rumored that Mirco has a stake (as in part ownership or other agreement) with JJP, so they couldn't ditch him even if they wanted to.

They could buy him out right, then ditch him ?
That is if someone else was already in line to produce the playfields.

2 weeks later
#1838 6 months ago

Just keeping this topside for any new pinsiders.

1 week later
#1852 6 months ago

Mirco is kinda like the saying-- Free beer tomorrow.....

1 week later
#1986 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Reach out to Ron Kruzman via [email protected]. Send pics of your current playfield and ask him to quote restoring and clearing the OEM VS reclearing a mirco. If you do go the mirco route ensure you ask Ron to do the inserts as he's mentioned several times about inserts dropping.
Sadly, you're not the only one being forced to either play on a hammered playfield or buy a Mirco.

Not sure entirely, but I think Ron has gone to nos, or reproduction only.

#1989 6 months ago
Quoted from HobbyGuy:

Given the spare playfield I had to work with, I didn't bother to ask about repainting it - BH doesn't have a simple playfield pattern like old EMs and it's too far gone for anything but a dedicated art project for me. But he did offer to paint some extra detail on the Mirco, so maybe that's more his approach these days. I can't speak for him on that.
As much as I'd like to, Mirco + Ron > cost of average BH. Gonna have to think a bit on this one. The PF that's in the machine is pretty good, much easier to paint and fix, but that means no pinball while it's apart. And Ron did tell me that Mirco operates close to on-demand, meaning that any PF from them would need to dry for 4-6 months before installing....

Is there a hard top for Black Hole?

2 weeks later
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
2 weeks later
1 week later
#2185 4 months ago

If you sent mirco anything, keep emailing him. It worked for #Cotton, and it will work for you.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#2212 3 months ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Received my new Medieval Madness playfield a month ago. I did notice a few dimples after closesly examining, but besides that the clear does seem good now. Screwed in a post and let it sit for a few weeks, nothing seems off, no chipping or anything. You can't say that he is not trying. Not taking any risks though, will still install a playfield protector on that thing.

I hope it stays solid for you!

1 week later
#2234 87 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Woah. Pooling? That's more like a lake_.

Mini Tidal Wave..

1 week later
#2304 74 days ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

[quoted image]
Funhouse playfield. I got the game completed just a couple of days before Southern Fried 2022. Take the game down and set up Friday afternoon and by Sunday morning the clear was pooling and chipping in a few spots.
No rights holder should licenses anything to the morons at Mirco... if they haven't figured out how to clear coat by now, then they are really stupid or just simply do not care.

Just plain Unacceptable!!!

#2325 73 days ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Ya everything about his PFs is just not right at all wtf how is this even right too even too sale

It's too bad Mr. Personality is blinded by license money not able see this is ***A Growing Issue***.

#2392 67 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I purchased a TAF playfield from him back in December of 2022. I let the playfield sit for a few months to fully cure in a dry spot in my game room. I went to start my restoration and found that the playfield warped badly. I emailed Mirco and he tried to convince me that the playfield would flatten out once I started populating it, but based on how warped the playfield was. There was no way I was going to put a single screw into it, because once I did, there would be zero chance I would be able to return it.
To Mirco's credit, he did eventually replace the playfield once I showed him the videos I took. It's just unfortunate that he has so many of these issues, as he has a lot of playfields that nobody else is making and they do look great.
Based off HEP's latest video, I sure hope he didn't resell it.
Here are some of the pictures of the playfield.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good grief, that is a horrible warpage. I think a Spooky Total Nuclear Annihilation playfield I have may come close to this.

1 week later
#2484 60 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

Unfortunately there are none of the first run around.
Agree it's a nice gesture but I still want the game for myself but more importantly for my son without going into detail. All I want is a replacement pf and happy to do the swap and return this at my cost as stated to both distributor and Stern. But the pictures Patrick sent of the games in production seem just as bad.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's as if it was heated or near a strong heat source. Or simply a bad spray the Stern tried to Buff out unsuccessfully....

3 weeks later
1 week later
2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=chad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.