IMG_5198 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_181422 (resized).jpg
pinside.13366fd7c2143e3375ce653efa167ef7e046c37c (resized).jpg
29C90993-1AAC-4BA1-854A-39A5534ABB5F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
3C6F3380-0F77-4A53-9294-0272FCE6B6F0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
11E2D4EF-C4AB-4513-8B34-A5F6D729D5EE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Check this crap out....
Original Williams.
[quoted image]

Damn. That’s off center.

1 month later
#86 3 years ago

WOMEN'S MOVEMENT AGAINST SEXUAL HARRASSMENT. ODDLY NAMED POUND METOO.

5 months later
#173 3 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

Just got a gorgar from him sent from Germany playfield has a 3/32nd bow / dip in the middle was told this was perfectly normal and would go flat after installed never heard of this before
[quoted image][quoted image]

Actually that is pretty normal. I’ve installed nos pf’s worse than that and they were fine.

Hell, safecracker restoration I did had enormous pf bend. Had to install rails to straighten it. 1/4-3/8 inch hump in middle.
Straight as an arrow after assembly.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmachine:

hereby my review. i have never ordered from mirco playfields. this is the first time. the mail contact was smooth and correct also when I asked him critical questions about what was written about him on forums. ordered on Sunday and delivered today. the field was neatly packed. I have taken a good look at my field, but it is a wonderfully beautiful playfield. it is not crooked holes where they should be clearcoat is tight. so for me personally plus 1
[quoted image]

Well, your pf is obviously light diffused and out of focus. I’d call Mirco immediately!

2 years later
#863 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

[quoted image]

Be sure to repost this in Godfather thread. Goldfish memory going on with new and shiny.

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi all,
I have decided to write a comment here.
Manufacturing process:
We are and will always react and improve things which cause errors and problems. These are not things which are ignored as many people here state. I take all problems serious and try to investigate the reason why things happen and resolve it. Just to give you some numbers the real issues here are really low compared to the total manufactured playfields. Out of several 10.000s of playfields we have a really low number of issues. I would never claim production errors can't happen, but we took a lot of precautions, especially in the past 3 years, to avoid any problems. The clearcoat for example is sprayed on with a robot and automatically dispensed by special pumps and mixed fresh right at the nozzle to get the exact same amount and mix for every board. This process is checked during application and documented in a file.
Beside that every playfield is pulled off and pressure tested with a digital tester. Every playfield contains a later cutted off area which is destructive tested and documented. Only test passed boards will ship.
With thousands of playfields being made in our company every year does anyone really thing that they are right and we don't care? Really?!? Of course we do and I do track what is going on.
In-process quality control is very important and we spent a lot time and money to check and improve every step. One reason I have so many robots is that they don't make human related errors and do the exact same job all the time. I have upgraded the robots a lot in the last years.
The finishing and buffing robot for example is one of them. Previously I had employees who buffed out dust spots. Now I have a robot with all necessary tools and a camera with a high end software behind to do that. The robot does fully automatically detect and remove dust which happens during clearcoating. I would post pictures or videos of the system but the process is top secret as even car manufacturers are currently interested in our system. They did not solve issues we fixed...
Long story short, we did and will always improve and continuously improve and develop. That we don't care and do nothing is simply false.
Missing or wrong art:
I do always correct and fix things which show up during sales. The ij teeth have been fixed right away as well as the missing insert text on Whirlwind and twilight zone door panel. As of right now I'm not aware of any missing text or wrong art.
New titles:
I know that here are many people waiting for specific titles to be made. The truth is that we did not have any capacity in the past few years to work on new projects. Our space and machine capacity was exceeded. As you can imagine it is not easy to raise capacity after a certain point. It took me more than 1,5 years to finish our new building which is in addition to the existing building. We have already installed a new second printer and some cnc machines to speed up. As of now we are moving slowly into a better position which means we will be able to finish the new already started projects soon. Followed by new titles.
New projects coming up:
With the new space we will set up a full automatic robot based production of pinball cabinets. The idea is to have different versions of new cabinets available in different finishes. This line will be set up during the year and I will update once we are running. At the time the cabinets are in production it will be possible to buy a new cabinet with either direct print and high end finish or any kind of currently used artwork of different titles for a fair price. So you don't have to worry about preparing a cabinet or installing decals. More info for this will follow.
The funhouse playfield posted earlier here:
If you look close at the outhole you will see that this game had tons of games played. The wood is worn off which does not happen fast or easy. This playfield is definitely made with the old process which is not as durable as the new one. Our test stations show wear like this after approx. 300.000 cycles which would be approx 15000 or more plays at least. Current process lasts more than 2.000.000 cycles and still does not show issues. This game is most likely running in a barcade or similar with lots of plays on it. This playfield was definitely sold more than 5 years ago. That was in use for just 4 weeks? - I really doubt that and the owner is welcome to contact me if so. As of today he did not.
If someone has a problem or issue please send me an email to [email protected] and I will try to help the best I can.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,
Mirco Steffen
Systemtechnik GmbH & Co. KG
www.mircoplayfields.com
www.Facebook.com/mircoplayfields

Mr Steffen, what was the feedback at your last visit to a pinball show in the USA? Did ANYONE there provide information on possible playfields adherence issues?

Something has changed as JJP complaints seem to have dropped in the last year or so regarding nib pf issues.

I appreciate the monumental efforts it takes to produce playfields for obsolete pins, I really do. I’ve purchased many products directly from you with no issues at all. That being said, the amount of issues that have been documented on this website over time reflect a pattern of pushback from you Sir on customer complaints and concerns.

Perceived reputation is as important in a hobbyist culture as much as actual issues resolved. No one here is your enemy and if you will try to understand the passion we have for our pinball culture maybe you could try harder to resolve issues one person at a time.

1 week later
#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Just curious here, why not just write "crap"?

Hey. Language.

4 weeks later
#1222 12 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Glad to hear it ... but the first step is to never order a Mirco or JJP product. No loss of deposit. No loss of sleep. No stress of worrying about what garbage your going to get.
I can state with 100% confidence; I will never own either of these companies products... until they demonstrate a complete 180% on customer service and warranties and a documented history of flawless products for several generations.

Pf integrity was done decades ago for far less money.

2 months later
#1504 9 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I hear that this can be corrected on a mirco playfield where the soft washers are used by using a playfield protector to negate the additional height of the washers for the pinballs
rumor has it that the playfield protector also protects the rest of the playfield from the substandard clear

Just don’t ever remove that protector. It’ll pull up all the art with it. Make a fantastic 10 grand wall hanging though!

#1505 9 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The clear coat is a very big problem... but it's not the only problem Mirco has.
Last 30 or so posts have been about his sh1tty clear process.
Let's remember... he does more than clear. He sends PFs with "Cad errors" (as stated above). He sends PFs with missing Art. Not his problem.
He sends PFs with laughable art choices. Not his problem.
He steals PFs but never actually completes them.
He steals Plastics but never actually produces them.
He claims to be a service to teh customer; but denies any claim of responsibility.
His partner is crime at PPS claims to be able to resolve these issues... but he actually didn't do a thing other than getting scared when people started threating lawsuits to PPS for substandard licensing.

But, but…according to Stern and JJP every pin is a unique snowflake. Embrace the substandard-isms.

#1566 9 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Jeez he still hasn't fixed Willie's teeth?? Even if Mirco made quality products I could never bring myself to buy an IJPA playfield from him with such a glaring error front and center

It’s fine. She’s a blood sucker.

#1623 9 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

This - stay on topic. Horrible business person hiding in a country where he is able to scam people from around the world. Curious to see if he shows up for any more pinball shows in the future.

Why not? Cuz someone may take a pic behind him or not ask questions at a meet.

Finger wags and furrowed brows abound Sir. Have at you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.