P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg
There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 42.
#451 9 years ago

I'm hopeless with graphics software so I don't know how to do it, but how about a picture of Pearl Jam's album No Code with Stern translites replacing some of the polaroids?

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After Star Trek I'm not buying another NIB Stern that doesn't have complete code.

So, I guess you are never going to be buying another NIB game from Stern then...

#453 9 years ago

Next facebook post in an hour....so we keep them spaced out.... thanks Erak

We didn't know you guys had a skeleton crew on the payroll!
stern-code-meme-skeleton-wheresthecode.jpgstern-code-meme-skeleton-wheresthecode.jpg

#454 9 years ago

For those interested in games with complete software: have you considered buying Spooky Pinball's America's Most Haunted? That game seems to be completely finished and is fun as well.

#455 9 years ago

new post at the stern Facebook page

face.jpgface.jpg
#456 9 years ago

Nice sentiment but I can assure you this isn't helping one bit to get code completed

#457 9 years ago

only if many people post something like that

and don't buy a new machine and tell the dealer why

will help !!

8K game with unfinished code since 1 1/2 years !!! great job stern.

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Nice sentiment but I can assure you this isn't helping one bit to get code completed

Perhaps, but I for one have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Good show!

#459 9 years ago

Stern have kept pinball alive and we wouldn't be even having this discussion if they didn't produce quality machines, look at the joke that is predator, TBL, and so on. They have done a magnificent job. Just look at the most popular threads... It's people praising stern games. What more evidence do you want?

#460 9 years ago

This flashinstinct knob needs to stop having a cry, get a beer and play a recent Stern pinball , if he has any that is, and stop whining about code. Obviously he is on the receiving end of a very boring life if this is his claim to fame... Rallying to get quicker code updates. Sorry but really... A more productive venture could be.... Playing pinball!!!

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Useless waste of space post. If you can't contribute to getting something done, something that would help people then why bother saying something like that?

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

This flashinstinct knob needs to stop having a cry, get a beer and play a recent Stern pinball , if he has any that is, and stop whining about code. Obviously he is on the receiving end of a very boring life if this is his claim to fame... Rallying to get quicker code updates. Sorry but really... A more productive venture could be.... Playing pinball!!!

Play a recent Stern everyday. Code stiill needs to be fixed.

Problem is people like you think it is good enough because you play a game three times and walk away.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Hi John,
I own an ironman VE, you would have known that just by looking at my profile. I also owned a TF Pro. And if you would have bothered just one bit to look at the initial post you would realized that I am doing this for awareness and not fame but I was tired of people always bitching on this forum with a gaxillion threads about code. So I decided to do something about it and a few people answered the call.

But what do I know, you've been signed up on here for one year and have barely made a post about anything. Happy pinball playing...let's move on and keep posting stuff.

#464 9 years ago

Welcome back Hondanut!

#465 9 years ago

Which game would everyone consider done: LOTR, Tron, TF, Spoderman, Big Buck, Ironman? I'll put a positive post up next...

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

new post at the stern Facebook page

face.jpg 69 KB

and now it is deleted and the account locked

Hey stern!
This is 100% the right way how you handle social media
you are reacting like a little child.
I am a costumer and bought a very expensive product and
and you don't answer a costumer
and delete posts on your website.

would prefer you would hire a social media expert !!

#467 9 years ago

y sountily "spoderman" .

#468 9 years ago

up next...

#sternpinball #awesomecode #lordoftheringspinball
See we know you can produce good stuff.

stern-lord-of-the-rings-greatcode.jpgstern-lord-of-the-rings-greatcode.jpg

#469 9 years ago

Posted that latest one (LOTR) on facebook (pinball enthusiasts)

Might be a good idea if we can reach out to the various pinball mags, any blogs and of course podcasts. Perhaps someone could do something on code, why it's so important and how long it actually takes to wrap a game up.

Also, if your going to post a comment here like "this is a waste of time" or "why bother" ect ect, why not take that same amount of time and effort and actually help the cause?

This isn't about shitting on Stern, their actually making great games and keeping the pinball torch alive. It's about either getting a better schedule with clearer communication for release updates on their machines or getting them to rethink their design process to make sure they don't over promise and under deliver, which is especially important to customers as prices for pinball titles increase along with editions. stern has shown they can roll with change over time. It's our job in the community to show them as consumers what we want, in a constructive way

#470 9 years ago

I've been following this thread as well as others like it. I get the frustration but all the jokes, rantings, and demands sound more like fanboy tantrums than anything else. I know there are some legitimate bugs and parts of games unused but those are rare from what I can see. Most what I see is people expecting better code, better scoring, and more features for all Stern games made in the past 5 years. Who decides when code is completed or how to define what that means?

#471 9 years ago

I would say it is very clear and doesn't need someone to define it when:
-TWD is released in september 2014 and now 4 months later, the main inserts which are the WIZARD MODES are STILL not coded and just do NOTHING (I mean the modes do not even start when you get there).
I mean that is just wrong. It is like playing football without a goal.
4 months (even less) are just TOO LONG!

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

I would say it is very clear and doesn't need someone to define it when:
-TWD is released in september 2014 and now 4 months later, the main inserts which are the WIZARD MODES are STILL not coded and just do NOTHING (I mean the modes do not even start when you get there).
I mean that is just wrong. It is like playing football without a goal.
4 months (even less) are just TOO LONG!

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

#473 9 years ago

We should be selling cars without complete working engines or keyboards without all the letters, apparently there's a good portion of the public that's ok with paying a lot of money for a product that's not entirely finished. Then again, that might be a inherent part of pinball, for many, they'll play a 3 - 5 minute game and walk away, never knowing it should be able to do more but isn't

#474 9 years ago

Releasing unfinished games leads to certain expectations.
Which I understand you are not going to be able to please everyone.
But anything advertised or promised should be there.

If a game is finished you can make an informed purchase.

If not, you are left expecting more.

Stern never says what that more, or what game that is getting it is.

Being left in the dark (for so long) on such a hight ticket item is not a good feeling.

Custom Image.jpgCustom Image.jpg
#475 9 years ago

Btw, I am doing my part. No more stern pins for me until software is acceptable and design/manufacturing flaws are fixed. The design/manufacturing flaws that they won't fix are more annoying than code. At least code can be updated. I have an ACDC premium with a cloudy window over the lower playfield they refuse to replace. All I wanted was a new playfield. During a period of record profits for them they won't fix a seriously flawed playfield? More money for my other hobbies.

#476 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

How long have you worked for Stern?

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So, I guess you are never going to be buying another NIB game from Stern then...

Hey, could be. But really it just means patience. I don't consider ACDC broken. I don't consider Metallica broken. Right now "new" games are being sold half assed. Won't buy those.

It's obviously possible to ship a game with more complete code than Stern does now. They'll either figure that out or they won't, but it's how we buy in response that will dictate things.

I feel people's frustration. I don't think the tactics in this thread will solve anything. But hey, can't hurt.

#478 9 years ago

I agree Aurich....this was more of a way to say..."hey we are here....and we are pissed". AC/DC is not broken but don't put something on a game and then not utilize it. Just the fact that they can't delete the post that will show up with the crawlers is enough of a win in my opinion. This is just to make people aware even if we only find one potential buyer...I'll consider this a win.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

How long have you worked for Stern?

Honestly, that's what I was thinking too

Let's see... just roll over there little one. No need to sweat that we sold you an incomplete toy for $5-8K... just buy the next one!

The most productive thing to do is sit on your wallet. No more of this "Dream Theme" BS.

Secondary to that, making people aware on social media and in the forums in general is at least better than rewarding bad behaviour.

Honestly, compiling a manifesto of exactly what bugs/code tweaks need to be done for recent releases (last 3-4 years?) and keeping it up to date with dates of most recent code revision etc. seems like it might be an idea.

If the ST potato flashers are still not working in game, that says all you need to say about the level of dedication of Stern as a company to finishing code when they feel they do not have to.

Whining about AC/DC, and WoF, is not productive IMHO for different reasons.

AC/DC is considered a top game, yes it is weird that there are playfield inserts that do nothing, and it SHOULD be fixed, but IF it is great as is I would not want filler modes junking up things just to satisfy them being used. Maybe dream up some cannon modes that would make sense, and fire them off to Stern? Or beter yet create a thread to generate group ideas if you feel passionate about it?

WoF is dead; anybody being a crybaby about buying an unfinished game and using this as an example needs to have a reality check or do more research before buying a game that costs thousands. It is a well known example, it means yes future games such as TWD COULD suffer a similar fate. Deal with it and sit on your wallet, it is not complicated.

#480 9 years ago

They're banning people like crazy on the facebook page.

Perhaps it's time we reached out to groups like Anoymous and either have their Facebook spammed to death or their website taken down, until a response is given.

Shit just got real.

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Honestly, compiling a manifesto of exactly what bugs/code tweaks need to be done for recent releases (last 3-4 years?) and keeping it up to date with dates of most recent code revision etc. seems like it might be an idea.

Wish granted
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bC-rHBMiuAjrRMbWaeV7_KciKrdX6oz0gDvEtDcsaEk/edit#gid=0

Now everyone can put all the bugs for every game and everyone can insert their wishlist fixes

#482 9 years ago

In an avengers vs IMve post john1210 started he said.

Quoted from John1210:

Interesting point. Examining the coding is important especially when it's not going to be updated ever again.

So code is not important when considering a game. Right?

Should I copy and paste the other ones?

#483 9 years ago

When buying a car there are all sorts of funding possibilities to pay only a part now and spread the rest over a period of time. How about when you're interested in buying a new game, of which the software is still in developement, you pay half for it upon delivery and the other half when the code is finished? Stern may sell a lot more games for half the price and make even more money when they finish the code. That should be a good motivator. Should be easy to make the code so that it can't be copied from other games as each games should have a unique version that will only work with one serial number/game.

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I've been following this thread as well as others like it. I get the frustration but all the jokes, rantings, and demands sound more like fanboy tantrums than anything else. I know there are some legitimate bugs and parts of games unused but those are rare from what I can see. Most what I see is people expecting better code, better scoring, and more features for all Stern games made in the past 5 years. Who decides when code is completed or how to define what that means?

if a game has no dots for a Wizard mode or known bugs (such as X-Men) and ST, I think Stern is not done with the code. Just because they are on to the next game does not mean they have finished with the game prior. This is not football, Stern released a new code for SM and Tron years after the game was out. But other games they don't. It's not fair to the buying public who spend $7700 on STLE to see it not complete. (XM or AV or whatever else they are not finished with the code.)

#485 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's not fair to the buying public who spend $7700 on STLE to see it not complete. (XM or AV or whatever else they are not finished with the code.)

I agree, but life is not always fair. I mean we are discussing 8K toys with a few missing animations in a world where people are dying as they don't have access to clean water. It could be said "that's not fair".

The best way to make sure you do not end up at the unfair end of this transaction is to NOT do it until you are happy with the product.

#sitonyourwalletyouspendynumbnut

#486 9 years ago

I won't buy any more Sterns if they don't fix STLE. I should have learned my lesson after XMLE. To be fair I also bought re-runs of Tron and IMVE which have good code. But I thought with STLE the stakes were too high being such a popular theme and SR on the design. I expected something different. But now I will keep my promise.

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I agree, but life is not always fair. I mean we are discussing 8K toys with a few missing animations in a world where people are dying as they don't have access to clean water. It could be said "that's not fair".
The best way to make sure you do not end up at the unfair end of this transaction is to NOT do it until you are happy with the product.
#sitonyourwalletyouspendynumbnut

I agree.

However, bringing this somewhat off topic. If I gave all my excess money to fighting poverty, it would not make a lot of difference. Lets say there are a Billion+ who are very poor, taking all my excess money would buy them less than one tic-tac each.

I am not responsible for the poor people in the world (I don't think). I was super lucky to be born where and when I was. But I don't think it's fair to blame me or any of us here for poor or starving people. I do pay a lot of taxes which helps a lot of less fortunate people (in theory).

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree.
However, bringing this somewhat off topic. If I gave all my excess money to fighting poverty, it would not make a lot of difference. Lets say there are a Billion+ who are very poor, taking all my excess money would buy them less than one tic-tac each.
I am not responsible for the poor people in the world (I don't think). I was super lucky to be born where and when I was. But I don't think it's fair to blame me or any of us here for poor or starving people. I do pay a lot of taxes which helps a lot of less fortunate people (in theory).

Agreed to a point, I just try to ground myself in reality when I complain about something. These are toys, not life and death. Life and death problems actually exist in the world.

At the end of the day it is NOT wrong to expect to get what you pay for. But if a person is pissing money away on unfinished crap and crying about it, there are many other uses for that money.

#489 9 years ago

That's why it's the perfect candidate to allow the user community to get the source code and finish it. Everyone wins if we had hope that some day code would be released to the public domain to work on.

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

but life is not always fair. I mean we are discussing 8K toys with a few missing animations in a world where people are dying as they don't have access to clean water. It could be said "that's not fair".

can you imagine what non pinball people would think of all this whining

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

They're banning people like crazy on the facebook page.
Perhaps it's time we reached out to groups like Anoymous and either have their Facebook spammed to death or their website taken down, until a response is given.
Shit just got real.

Says the man who has never owned a Stern game.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Thats why earlier I pointed out two different guys going on and on and yet they never have owned a stern.

#493 9 years ago

Does it matter? What if I wanted to buy a stern? ill never understand the mentality that one shouldn't have a equal voice in a conversation is they dont own the item or are directly attached to it. Stern makes a lot of games (after all they are the major manufacturer of pinball now) so it's safe to assume over the course of our time as collectors that we will end up shopping for a stern, be it NIB, or out of someone else's collection.

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Ahem... who's been telling you that crap? I've owned Monopoly, Family Guy, Austin Powers and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

the-queen-fucks-on-all-of-you-nations_o_574815.gifthe-queen-fucks-on-all-of-you-nations_o_574815.gif
#495 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Not code..but still something worth mentioning.

stern-code-mustang-wherethecode.... 53 KB

If you are going to post drivel, at least be accurate.
Mustang Pro never was advertised having 8 songs.
Check the flyer and matrix PDF on Sterns site.
This was fact on release of the game.

No different than WWE pro getting 4 main guys vs 8 in the WWELE.

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That's why it's the perfect candidate to allow the user community to get the source code and finish it. Everyone wins if we had hope that some day code would be released to the public domain to work on.

I appreciate the sentiment, but based on my knowledge of SOME pinball collector tastes within a day of posting the source code the "Vanna strips" mode would have been added, and that would go over REAL well with the license owners

#497 9 years ago

That's a good point. And I could see that happening, is vanna even hot anymore? I haven't seen that show since around 1985 when I was a kid

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

That's a good point. And I could see that happening, is vanna even hot anymore? I haven't seen that show since around 1985 when I was a kid

Hot or not in one person's opinion, at a resolution of 128x32 it is the thought that counts. And if I thought of it in 5 seconds, I am sure that it just the tip of the iceberg:

NSFW (and not safe for my house IMO ) translite link:
ebay.com link: Wheel of Fortune Pinball Alternate Translite NEW ART With adult versions

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If you are going to post drivel, at least be accurate.
Mustang Pro never was advertised having 8 songs.
Check the flyer and matrix PDF on Sterns site.
This was fact on release of the game.
No different than WWE pro getting 4 main guys vs 8 in the WWELE.

Yes it was advertised origionally having 8. It was changed after to give the LE "more features"
All the press releases and web info had 8 listed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-complaint-about-mustang-i-want-the-8-songs-in-the-pro

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I appreciate the sentiment, but based on my knowledge of SOME pinball collector tastes within a day of posting the source code the "Vanna strips" mode would have been added, and that would go over REAL well with the license owners

There's far worse things that could or is happening all the time with licensed material. We're talking about games in people's homes, not arcades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.