P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

326 posts in this topic match your search for posts by flashinstinct. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

////*TWITTER /// FACEBOOK */////
https://twitter.com/whereisthecode
https://www.facebook.com/wheresthecode/

**//**

Ok folks..... I've had enough of the where's the code, when is Stern going to release new code.....can we do something about this code....Can we fix this code.... all these threads achieve nothing but getting a lot of people on pinside annoyed, others get mad, other bash each other and in the long run nothing gets done.

So as of today.....Mark your calendars and do something productive....on January 31st I vow to post on Sterns facebook page and twitter feeds with something about finishing the code. And I encourage everyone to do the same. Mine will read something to the effect of:

"You keep releasing games but not finishing the code? What gives?? If you can create a new platform and 3 new games a year why can't you polish the code?"

I don't hold a particular hatred for Stern as I wait until the code is polished before buying there games but I'll jump on board with everyone to make Stern a bit more accountable.

If everyone that is pissed off is willing to get banned from Stern's facebook page for a while I encourage you to do this and get it over with. This will keep the folks at Stern busy for a while and it will get the message across.

In turn, this will reduce the amount of bitching, whining and hatred on this forum and will clear space for more productive posts.

SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND POST ON JAN 31!!!

Post edited by moderator: Changed ALL CAPS title to proper caps.

#6 9 years ago

better than bitching and doing nothing....

#11 9 years ago

I don't really care about getting banned from Stern's facebook page....I can get all the news here in a matter of seconds after they post something....

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Email and call are way more credible than social media posts.
Flash, find out the contact we need to write....heck...write up a friendly form letter that folks can cut and paste. I think that will go a long way.

We can always do that. But I'm not a writter and I don't know all the things. I can also do things like the Flashers on STLE that don't do nothing. Send me a PM and I will create your little rant for free

stern-facebook2.jpgstern-facebook2.jpg

Social Media will reach a lot more potential buyers than a letter will. I want more unknowing potential buyers to see this than just Stern. If some dude see's this online when he's about to buy his first machine without knowing about Sterns little "issue" than this will have served it's purpose.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think a better idea is just don't buy any new pins in 2015 - UNLESS the code is done enough for your liking.
No sense bitching, crying and menstruating about unfinished code; it happens with EVERY game from both JJP and Stern.
You have plenty of other games to play - play them.
After a year or two, if a game has final code, and you like the final code, then buy it.
Otherwise, no bitching allowed - you knew the code would not be done for 2 years when you bought the game.

I totally get this Vid and iwth the outmost respect I would say most people on here are starting the learn their lesson. I'm just trying to be proactive to a) stop the bitching about code problems on this forum b) get newbies or potential buyers to know what they are getting themselves into if they buy a new machine. That's all. I little social media bitching can't hurt in the long run.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Myself and many other ACDC owners have been waiting nearly two years for an update to the game that will add it's advertised cannon modes. That's ridiculous.

Here you go Post that on Jan 31st...

stern-facebook3.jpgstern-facebook3.jpg

#33 9 years ago

It would be nice if those games came out with "almost done" code instead of "we'll wing it" code now wouldn't it? I don't think something like this would tank Stern. But I would hope that it opens their eyes a little. Instead everyone bitches on here and those nothing.

#35 9 years ago

What I find surprising is that I could count at least 10 threads about wanting code with hundreds of post by hundreds of people. Yet there is only a handful of people that are willing to give this a try. Funny.

#37 9 years ago

...I'm just really tired of people bitching and not doing anything.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Patience; code will come when it's ready.

I have no doubt about this statement and frankly I agreed with that. My only issue is Stern's though process about how and when they should release code.

In essence code releases are in existence to repair broken bits of programming or to enhance tools, features etc... But what Stern is doing is promising stuff and features in games, and then not program them before release and then leaving the buyer their to dry while they choose when they are going to implement it (if ever).

I'm on the side of the fence that thinks code should be "almost finished" when they announce a game and when it it ships the game should work 100%. Granted some improvements could/should be made along the way to make the game better instead of keeping quiet.

How much of Stern's programming staff are allocated to finishing code versus creating new code for a new game? My guess would be that it falls far lower on the priority list and that needs to change.

Sure I'm part of the clan that doesn't buy NIB for that specific reason but it doesn't mean I cannot stand with the frustrated people.

#45 9 years ago

And the way to achieve those types of questions are through awareness. Kinda like what I am trying to achieve with this. If a potential buyer sees this in social media... He will be prone to ask the real questions.

#46 9 years ago

Maybe I should create another graphic "Stern pinball, the world's oldest and largest producer of unfinished arcade quality pinball games". It might be a bit harsh but I wouldn't be lying either lol!

#53 9 years ago

Curious to know where you got that stat Animal?

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm pretty sure Stern already knows that Pinsiders are unhappy with the way they release code, and I doubt being spammed on social media will do anything to change how they do things. All that really matters is whether or not sales are being effected.

And that's why social media is the perfect platform. It's the best place to make other people aware of the problem. That or people can keep on bitchin on here to no avail.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

A poll on Pinside? Well then, it's official!
Why don't some of you guys with good distributor contacts make a call and ask them who's buying most of the machines lately?
Might get some more accurate info that way.

I'll have to agree with chambhaz on this one. Pinside polls are opinion and not fact. However it's safe to say that they are more home buyers than operators. But operators buy more games. It doesn't excuse Stern's behaviour towards the home market.

#65 9 years ago

Well that's a tactic I guess lol. Does that mean ACDC fans will soon be shit out of luck? Either way. I say post away on jan 31

#68 9 years ago

Here you go Squizz use this on the 31st.

stern-facebook5.jpgstern-facebook5.jpg

#77 9 years ago

WOF is a lost cause here. I'll agree with Vid here in saying WOF is too far down the line. But I think people should keep Stern accountable for the lack of code on their more recent games.

All people are teaching Stern right now is that it's ok to not complete code and break promises because everyone keeps buying.....and bitch on here to no avail.

Just join the cause and post something Stern related on Jan 31st make it public for other potential customers not to fall in the "waiting cycle".

#85 9 years ago

All new this morning

stern-facebook6.jpgstern-facebook6.jpg

stern-facebook7.jpgstern-facebook7.jpg

stern-facebook8.jpgstern-facebook8.jpg

Who else as wise cracks that I can put together?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

and how should i post it
i am already banned since i aksed with the "Transformer home" if this is real or a joke

Twitter.....or post on your own facebook account and have other friends post the same thing...don't forget to put it the hashtag.... It doesn't matter if you don't put it on Sterns page...but as long as you put it in social media. It doesn't take long that the message can reach a few 1000 people.

You guys want action...then this is the way to do it.

#89 9 years ago

Stefan you had to wait until Jan 31 ...but maybe this will get us started.

#93 9 years ago

Now that is funny DCFAN

stern-wheresourcode-facebook9.jpgstern-wheresourcode-facebook9.jpg

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"More wire than a ford taurus but less code than a ford pinto"

stern-wheresourcode-facebook10.jpgstern-wheresourcode-facebook10.jpg

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Pinto didn't have code. Can't have less than 0.

Apparently they're is no wiggle room in a metaphor... I still got a good laugh out of it

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm seeing a pattern.
When Stern has a game that isn't a slam-dunk sure-fire buy (Mustand, WWE) people get all righteous about not buying a game they wouldn't anyway.
When it's TWD or Star Trek, it's "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"
Remember, in the Futurama EyePhone episode, Fry said that in the context of being an uninformed, sheep-like consumer. It's not something to be proud of.

Hopefully 2015 will be different and people will actually do what they said they would do ....whether it's the perfect theme or the lamest game.

#109 9 years ago

Keep those wise cracks coming and let's make a massive bank of potential images for the 31st.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Looks like Jody's calendar is filling up for the 31st:

image.jpg 33 KB

Lol. Jody is not the one who will be doing this. For once I had praised him for doing a good job on the wwe roll out!

#121 9 years ago

Back on topic...what code is missing from the more recent games that was promised but not finished... i know for a long time that the mystery hole on MET only gave one option but I assume this was fixed......we have the acdc cannon modes, the STLE flashers, the 8 songs on MustangPro that turned to 4 songs...what else can we put in nice little image packages for the posts?

#124 9 years ago

Sounds good to me...we could always make it a week long event

#135 9 years ago

Jared in the end your point is squashed by the ideal of "you get what you pay for". And in this case....or in the case of the last few titles... Clients don't. It doesn't matter if you get 15% or 90% of the way. If you paid for it then you should get it. It's like going to a restaurant and ordering a full rack of ribs and having the waiter bring you half and telling you.. "Well you weren't going to eat the other half anyway so I tossed it". But you still end up paying the full price.

#139 9 years ago

Only 6 days left folks..... hope everyone is still on board!

#150 9 years ago

2 days Left!

LOL. Well then I guess we can just go the other route.
I've created https://www.facebook.com/wheresourcode I will put a header tomorrow and something that looks official.

You can try posting on their page and share or post on that page and put in these hash tags
#sternpinball #wheresourcode and do the same thing for twitter.

Make sure you put in the word Stern Pinball in your comment and the word code. These snippets are searchable via google and other search platforms... They can boot you off their facebook but the web is much bigger than that!

#152 9 years ago

BAnner uploaded will recreate all the images tonight...don't be shy to post on this page

https://www.facebook.com/wheresourcode

stern-wheresourcode-facebook9.jpgstern-wheresourcode-facebook9.jpg

#171 9 years ago

Sorry guys... I can't seem to formulate my thoughts as I am typing them.

stern-wheresourcode-facebook9-1.jpgstern-wheresourcode-facebook9-1.jpg

#172 9 years ago

Ok I need an arsenal of things to write and create banners...shoot me what you want...and I'll put it on the banner.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I could sneak something in and often do. Not a writer, though.

Great now can you draw the family around a pinball and write something funny and post it on the facebook page?

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fox would kill me.

True. On another note...the more people that like the facebook page the more visibility we will get so once I post something....it would be nice if people reposted the stuff and shared...that's the whole point.

#182 9 years ago

12:01 am ....your choice...idea here is to make a blitz.

#190 9 years ago

Ok let's get good memes going this morning so I can put them on the facebook page for you guys to comment and for people to share on twitter and social media.

stern-code-star-trek-le-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-star-trek-le-wherethecode.jpg

stern-code-hulk-le-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-hulk-le-wherethecode.jpg

#193 9 years ago

And for the folks that want to use the icon...simply open in new window and save as a png...then place on what ever you want

wheresthecode-icon.pngwheresthecode-icon.png

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don't forget the timing out modes strategy on ST.

Please explain....

#197 9 years ago

Just thought this would be funny...but kicking a dead horse at the same time...

stern-code-wof-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-wof-wherethecode.jpg

#199 9 years ago

Added the icon
stern-code-xmen-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-xmen-wherethecode.jpg

#202 9 years ago

stern-code-star-trek-le2-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-star-trek-le2-wherethecode.jpg

#206 9 years ago

You beat me to it while I was working on it....
stern-code-twd-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-twd-wherethecode.jpg

stern-code-twd2-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-twd2-wherethecode.jpg

#213 9 years ago

Not code..but still something worth mentioning.
stern-code-mustang-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-mustang-wherethecode.jpg

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Next time my car doesn't get me to work I will post a picture on Ford's Facebook page in protest.

Did it work when you purchased it? Was everything working? I would assume the answer is yes...and therefore not applicable to this argument. After thousands of games played on a pinball stuff might break down...and it's your job to repair them...you wouldn't call stern for that. But if the car was buggy coming out of the lot...you wold be the first guy in the dealership with your arms above your head screaming!! LOL

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Pretty sure the mustang feature matrix only listed 4 on the pro
*edit just checked and it did only advertise 4
Post edited by DevilsTuner: research

Not at the very beginning...

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Why did you guys pick a Saturday for this? They are closed on weekends and likely won't see anything you do until Monday.

Yes but everyone looking for information on a game will....

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Im going to bet they will sell more games tomorrow than I will actually see mentions of this campaign on social media. I hate to be a dick about it, but in the end this is just a masterbatory exercise.

Probably but even if you put doubt in 5 people...i think this will have achieved something.

#224 9 years ago

well then I guess we can start now! Start posting away if you feel like it!

#226 9 years ago

I've put up the first post on the facebook page and one one twitter....

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

it will get nowhere. talking about it for over a week and the first post goes up today?
anyone who links it on a stern comment will get banned.
about 8-10 people here just whining about the same bs.

You clearly don't get it. Since Stern as taken down their comment feature...I've created a facebook page..all you need to do is subscribe and then share the posts....put the #hash tags in and then Stern can't delete or ban squat!!

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

And when I share it, then what? My friends - a vast majority of which don't give a shit about pinball - ignore a post about a company they've never heard of and don't care about. At best they wonder what the Hell I'm talking about. Stern themselves are never even going to know this is happening.

You are part of the bigger problem.....people just bitch to other people and don't keep companies accountable....if everyone would group together and do something productive...it could change a business way of thinking...pull together and do something... bitching on here will never solve squat....I've seen some people here that laugh at this strategy bitch about code on other threads.....

#261 9 years ago

Don't give up guys....keep it up....
For thos who say this strategy doesn't work....one poste reached 75 people...I know this doesn't sound like much but considering the page only has 30 likes.....imagine if everyone would group up and "like" this page had 200 likes...then it could reach 1000's....eventually...and Stern couldn't do squat...

#262 9 years ago

You guys must not only "like"..but "share" the posts..

#272 9 years ago

If anyone could give me more examples of code mistakes - non working code etc, I will be able to create more memes next week and keep the train moving...

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey, how's you guys' little tantrum going today? Still endlessly complaining aboot being banned from someones facebook page?

Nope...we created another page apart from Sterns... no banning....just posting You should give it a try....or even twitter if you are inclined to do so. The more people that join the bigger difference it will make....

#308 9 years ago

Alright folks....for the purpose of this thread it would be nice to 1) exclude JJP discussion...we all know there are 100 threads about JJP and this should not be one of them. 2) Williams and Bally code errors are a thing of the past and are irrelevant here. 3) post some stuff so I can add the graphics and post them throughout the weekend / next week the more we push, the more the message gets accross..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wheresthecode/311441272399071
Like the page, like the posts, share the posts......sharing is the most important of all has it will get to your friends ....friends etc....

#309 9 years ago

Proof that this is starting to work...if you #sternpinball in the search field on facebook...one of our post is coming through...and STERN CAN SUCK IT because they can't delete it.....keep going...

#310 9 years ago

and just searching plain stern pinball will get a few more post down the line....

#314 9 years ago

ek77 *sigh*
how about you just join the rat race and like one of the posts on facebook Come on, I know you can do it

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's really a catch-22. By the time Stern finishes code, the game is generally out of production. Moreover with Stern's a new policy of creating a Premium model based only on initial demand of a title, waiting would mark an unintentional end of the Premium model. The only middle ground is to buy when all features are implemented (@9 months), accepting that it'll be another 9 months before the code is polished up.

Or stern could hire two more junior programmers to accommodate the increase in work load....

#319 9 years ago

ek77...and I thought I had you well be next week.

#320 9 years ago

https://twitter.com/whereisthecode will start posting stuff next week @whereisthecode and for those who asked about getting access to the icon https://img-f.pinside.com/201501/2211898/354238.png

#322 9 years ago

Can someone give me a good code example that I could post tonight to keep the flow going?

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

They are trying to drown you guys out by posting a bunch of stuff tonight.

There's always tomorrow...and then day after that...and the one after that.... Stern can post all they want...those posts are there to stay.....

#338 9 years ago

keep the post coming...I'll have a little arsenal for tomorrow..

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Lol

Screenshot_2015-01-30-21-20-12.p... 517 KB

I just posted that one LOL

#341 9 years ago

I bet Gary is telling them to delete the posts from my page LOL! Oh the joy of the internet....

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

And what happens when the deadline passes with no new code. What then? Not sure you've thought this through bro. But yah, Im on your side. Just vote with your money cause apparently jr pinball programmers be harder to recruit than rocket scientists for NASA! Only 10 people in the world have the skills to do it (maybe 11 if you count Ben Heck)

So what you are saying is that 0.000015714285714285715% of people on this planet can code or learn how to code pinball....RRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHT ....

#352 9 years ago

For the new comers

Like this page and share one of the current entries

That's it. You can't get banned and Stern can't delete the post. The more we put on there the more they will have to pay attention.

With that said. I still think we need to be "classy" and not sound like a bunch of savages. I did post one of the commented deletes on their page but that is the only one I will put. Let's focus on things that are wrong that should be fixed... or promised features that have dissapeared.... Put your picture on this thread and then I will post it on facebook for other people to share.

Stick to the facts...

#360 9 years ago

Top of the morning to all you folks...still need some examples of things that are not working on games that I can create stuff for the facebook page.

#366 9 years ago

posting this on the facebook page soon. anythign else to add to this image?

stern-shelving-wheresthecode.jpgstern-shelving-wheresthecode.jpg

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Just in general, without getting into the code discussion: Maybe I'm missing the point here, but what's the point of posting in a new Facebookgroup that hardly anybody is following? I figured the whole idea was that these images would be all over people's timelines and in all sorts of pinball groups on Facebook, so others would actually see them. I follow quite some people and pinball groups, nothing yet...

People have to share the post on the facebook page.... not only like them....That is the key to this entire thing. If 50 people share the posts.....then all their friends see it....if in turn their friends share...then more people see it.

If you search stern pinball on facebook....alot of the posts are getting through.... time and a bit of effort is all it takes....

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The point is if you flood anyway where with the posts it increases exposure and then when people google Stern they will start to pull those post up as they rise to the top.

Bingo!

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No Horde coded yet.

Is this ok or could it be more precise or funny?

stern-pinball-zombies-wheresthecode-pinside.jpgstern-pinball-zombies-wheresthecode-pinside.jpg

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Stern should release dev tools and let people start their own code projects. Of course I still want them to finish their code. They should innovate by adding the option for dual code versions you can flip in the menu.

Lets just concentrate on them finishing the code first.....

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Ok, this movement was to get the attention of Stern to update codes.
Now it's a bragging contest.

Made me think a little and will add an extra line in the images moving forward.
"Make a smart pinball purchase... wait til the code is finished before buying." That way we sound less like a*holes I guess.

Next up on facebook...
stern-wheresthecode-avatar.jpgstern-wheresthecode-avatar.jpg

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

I like that idea. meanwhile it might be nice to make a few that show games that are finished and say something like great job now let's see these titles finished too (or something more clever)

I really like that idea. Lord of the rings will be first in cue!

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

where on facebook are you posting this?

People need to likae the page...then hit share and post on their facebook.

#398 9 years ago

Again folks. A lot of people are only liking the images. .... You must hit share and put in your bit in and submit to your timeline.

And let's ne civil with one another

#410 9 years ago

I didn't know avengers didn't have the final dots...

#414 9 years ago

Yeah vid I'm not posting that on facebook

#417 9 years ago

I would need a nice shot of the avengers backbox with the DMD to create the No final dots image....

#431 9 years ago

Vid I got to hand to you. Whatever you post is funny

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

The sad truth is 90% of the people playing would not know whether the code is complete or not. Owners,likely closer to 70 % .

I get what you are saying. My problem with all of it is that " you should get what you pay for." If there is a freaking insert on the playfield for a specific function and the function does not work then that is a problem

#441 9 years ago

What bothers me even more is that Stern can create a LED Pro version of the game without even addressing the cannon mode issues.

#453 9 years ago

Next facebook post in an hour....so we keep them spaced out.... thanks Erak

We didn't know you guys had a skeleton crew on the payroll!
stern-code-meme-skeleton-wheresthecode.jpgstern-code-meme-skeleton-wheresthecode.jpg

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

This flashinstinct knob needs to stop having a cry, get a beer and play a recent Stern pinball , if he has any that is, and stop whining about code. Obviously he is on the receiving end of a very boring life if this is his claim to fame... Rallying to get quicker code updates. Sorry but really... A more productive venture could be.... Playing pinball!!!

Hi John,
I own an ironman VE, you would have known that just by looking at my profile. I also owned a TF Pro. And if you would have bothered just one bit to look at the initial post you would realized that I am doing this for awareness and not fame but I was tired of people always bitching on this forum with a gaxillion threads about code. So I decided to do something about it and a few people answered the call.

But what do I know, you've been signed up on here for one year and have barely made a post about anything. Happy pinball playing...let's move on and keep posting stuff.

#465 9 years ago

Which game would everyone consider done: LOTR, Tron, TF, Spoderman, Big Buck, Ironman? I'll put a positive post up next...

#468 9 years ago

up next...

#sternpinball #awesomecode #lordoftheringspinball
See we know you can produce good stuff.

stern-lord-of-the-rings-greatcode.jpgstern-lord-of-the-rings-greatcode.jpg

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

I would say it is very clear and doesn't need someone to define it when:
-TWD is released in september 2014 and now 4 months later, the main inserts which are the WIZARD MODES are STILL not coded and just do NOTHING (I mean the modes do not even start when you get there).
I mean that is just wrong. It is like playing football without a goal.
4 months (even less) are just TOO LONG!

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

#478 9 years ago

I agree Aurich....this was more of a way to say..."hey we are here....and we are pissed". AC/DC is not broken but don't put something on a game and then not utilize it. Just the fact that they can't delete the post that will show up with the crawlers is enough of a win in my opinion. This is just to make people aware even if we only find one potential buyer...I'll consider this a win.

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Honestly, compiling a manifesto of exactly what bugs/code tweaks need to be done for recent releases (last 3-4 years?) and keeping it up to date with dates of most recent code revision etc. seems like it might be an idea.

Wish granted
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bC-rHBMiuAjrRMbWaeV7_KciKrdX6oz0gDvEtDcsaEk/edit#gid=0

Now everyone can put all the bugs for every game and everyone can insert their wishlist fixes

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, but did anyone actually pay money for 8 songs and have it changed after money exchanged hands? Things change, it happens.
Are we just looking for things to be mad at Stern over now? I'd keep it focused to the real issue.
Post edited by Aurich: Added missing word "mad"

Some of the early preorderers (if that is even a word) did get caught with that. Numbers are small. Hence, I didn't post the small meme I did for it.

#526 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

No one is seeing your post but the people on this thread pointless.

It's all good ek77 I'm going to be doing a Nice collage with them soon. So it's not all wasted.

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Too bad Stern does not have any serious competition. If JJP can crank out one game every 2 years, and no other real pinball makers besides boutiques so far, than Stern still has a stranglehold on the market.

Yes. Unfortunately.

#546 9 years ago

Jjp would get a bigger chunk of the market by producing a $5k game. A lot of people would say "adios" to stern. Granted that code would up to par.

#561 9 years ago

Numbers Round up for the weekend.

Total Reach 1,178
The Zombie Horde image alone got 462 - 3 shared posts
Fire all Chase Lights - 450 - 3 shared posts
The hulk No Smash got 422 - 2 shared posts
The forgotten department got 317 - 1 shared posts
And so forth...

Most of these post I will dump on twitter throughout the week. AS well If you took a picture of your deleted post on facebook..please post it on the thread. I've started a collage of them... Will make a nice murale LOL.

I also found out the when you put the @ in front of the name..it get's posted to the individual's timeline.
@SternPinball would have increased a bit of exposure.. learning as we are going I guess.

Conclusion...the next posts that I put up this week...if everyone shares them...then we will get a lot more exposure.

I still intend to keep the facebook page active on a weekly basis. So if anyone as stuff to add as we go along just send me a PM.

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Wow, some really strong opinions here from a lot of people, many that don't even seem to buy Stern machines. Publicly trashing a company is lame.

Strong...perhaps....lame...not quite...getting shut out of a company's facebook page for simply asking when a code update is coming up.... (granted some comments are nasty) but most of them are legitimate. Stern said an update was going to happen in fall 2014...that did not happen. And when they release a statement it's so vague that it could be interpreted in a million different ways.

"we are working on code...rest assured that we are working on this" no timeline, no proof nada....just words thrown in the air. All Stern would have to do is consult the programming team...set a date and then advertise that release date and meet the deadline. Instead they dig their heads in the sand and delete every post they are unhappy with instead of facing the questions...

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

To Flashinstinct.
That blurb at the bottom of your last picture post.
Where did that come from?
Did Stern honestly say they can not guarantee that they will finish or include advertised features.
Or was that just something you added?
If so. Is that not false advertising?
And also....

Half satire , half truth. They obviously cannot guarantee as per ACDC cannon modes and they can't hold their delivery timelines for code.

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

In all fairness, I think we need to give Lyman some props for coding great games like Iron Man, Tron, ACDC, Metallica.

Yup that's why I put the Tron, Lord of the Rings Posts

#588 9 years ago

I'm thinking of getting T-shirts done so people can wear them at the next pinball shows.... would anyone be interested in that? That way it's somewhat of a silent / yet visually appealing way to give Stern a heads up?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheresthecode-tshirts-profits-go-to-foundation#post-2221296

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not a bad idea. Maybe we could donate the funds to a charity of his choice in his name. That could help him out a bit.

That is an awesome idea. But i doubt Gary would like that. Having one of his programmers decide where funds go from a bunch of guys that are trying to give Stern a message.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

But if he's doing code updates on his own time, and not a part of his regular work schedule, I think it would be a nice donation.

yes...i agree but it might be a conflict of interest.

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

This whole thread is a bitch fest! Which was created by someone who probably has very little knowledge of what actually goes into creating quality code.

You're right, I know web programming, not pinball programming. And it doesn't take a monkey to understand that it doesn't take a full year to address code issues.

If you can build 3 games in a year, you can take the time to fix code properly. If you can't do that... then drop to 2 games a year. I'd rather see 2 polished products, than 3 semi finished ones. But Stern is ridding the gravy train now....

Quoted from John1210:

Largely due to time and patience and coders at stern refusing to give into impatience at the expense of creating a great code.

Don't be daft, theses programmers have a list of features stacked a mile high for every release. They can't keep up with the production demand.... and are under constant pressure from upper management... so what would be the solution...hire more programmers maybe???

Quoted from John1210:

Now I'm off to the lionman thread which is significantly more worthwhile than this one.

Say hi to everyone for us.

#610 9 years ago

stern-pinball-programmers-wanted-wheresthecode.jpgstern-pinball-programmers-wanted-wheresthecode.jpg

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Am I doing this right or am I too buzzed?
http://i.imgur.com/OaFih1P.png
Tried 4 times to post it in here but kept getting "no upload ID". First time I've seen that. Messaged the mods.

You don't have to screen grab stuff that is getting posted to the wheresthecode site...you could comment on Stern Pinball offical facebook page and then to a screen capture LOL.

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I have posted positive things on their facebook page before, but not negative.
For me, it's more important to comment (screen cap) here, as this is the pinball community I respect. The people who have opened their homes to me so that I could play ALL the exceptional pinball machines of ALL time.
I think they might still see it, even in this small, humble, online, pinball community.
Post edited by PinballKen: LIONMAN : sorry played it Saturday at methos's house

True. I thought you were under the impression that you had posted this on Stern's page and you were doing a screen grab before it got deleted.

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I gotta give it up to you OP. When this thread started, I wanted very little to do with it. The route it was headed at the beginning was a little too negative for my liking.
That said, I really like where it has gone with the latest slogan of "Make a smart pinball purchase...Wait until the code is finished before buying." It doesn't even have to be directed at Stern but pinball in general. Just a good guideline to follow for all collectors; new and veterans alike.

I'd rather have more people on board than less.

#631 9 years ago

stern-wheel-prize-wheresthecode.jpgstern-wheel-prize-wheresthecode.jpg

#638 9 years ago

stern-twd-wheresthecode-nocodeinside.jpgstern-twd-wheresthecode-nocodeinside.jpg

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Honestly, that is all I need from Stern. I just want to know it's being worked on and the game hasn't been passed over and the coders are working on another title. Timelines are worthless to me as they are never hit. I just want to know something will come in the future. Thanks SR for just saying something.

Stern is like a broken record...while they're spinning the line "we are working on it" "we're working on it" where's the "here's the code" here's the code". Actions speak louder than words...and Stern....well they might as well shout that line right now because they are not delivering.

#647 9 years ago

Can someone summarize a list of bugs and missing features for TWD and ST?

#649 9 years ago

Twitter account is now active. People can follow this account and retweet.

stern-code-star-trek-klingon-wheresthecode.jpgstern-code-star-trek-klingon-wheresthecode.jpg

#651 9 years ago

This should get me started thanks LesManley

#654 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

So the guy starting this revolt owns one Stern machine (with complete code) and doesn't even know what the bugs or missing features are on current titles? Brilliant.

Someone had to start it instead of hearing everyone on here bitch about code and do absolutely nothing about it. Yes I only own one Stern machine at the moment. I don't pretend to know everything and I want to have the fact straight. Is that such a bad thing?

#659 9 years ago

Refresh... for a change...
stern-ironman-wheresthecode.jpgstern-ironman-wheresthecode.jpg

#661 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Turning potential new would-be customers off to pinball doesn't seem like something that will help the "situation" in my opinion.

Ok Joe, what do you suggest? I'm open to opinions here.

#665 9 years ago

At first I realized I was a bit harsh so that's why I added the line.
"Make a small pinball purchase. Buy a game with completed code"

Now the kicker with that is to determined which game is considered complete. I've never said not to buy Stern, just buy games that are finished. And true some of the games on this list are close to complete. It would just take Stern the effort to finish them.

WWE - Not complete
The Walking Dead - Not complete
Mustang - don't know
Start Trek - Not complete
Metallica - Unsure - but leaning towards complete or polishing
AC/DC - If they could just program those damn cannon modes I would say complete
Avengers - Not complete
Ironman - Complete
Transformers - Complete
X-men - Not complete
Tron - Complete

So in the last 5 years... I would say only 3-4 games are fully complete. Now it's not my fault Stern decides to prioritize future clients with pinball sales...then to make efforts to finish their already existing products.

I say they should do both! Short of that they are missing the mark!

DrJoe, I get what you are saying...I really do. But I feel the direct approach as gotten people nowhere.

#672 9 years ago

WWE - Not complete
The Walking Dead - Not complete
Mustang - Polishing
Start Trek - Not complete
Metallica - Unsure - but leaning towards complete or polishing
AC/DC - 95%
Avengers - Not complete (missing animations and some promised features)
Ironman - Complete
Transformers - Complete
X-men - Not complete
Tron - Complete

So that brings the total to 5-6 depending on what you consider complete.

Dr. Joe I also think alot of people got pissed off seing Stern cranking out ACDC Led Pro / Luci and not devoting time to finish the cannon modes...

Again everyone as an opinion, yours is just as valid. It depends which side of the coin you are looking at.

#680 9 years ago

stern-hungry-zombie-wheresthecode.jpgstern-hungry-zombie-wheresthecode.jpg

#682 9 years ago

stern-missing-code-milk-carton.jpgstern-missing-code-milk-carton.jpg

#684 9 years ago

LOL. Two pinheads following a rainbow with a leprechaun guarding is pot of code! LOL

#687 9 years ago

Hank I don't mind doing it. But I wouldn't wan tto profit from it so as mentionned in the tshirt thread that really didn't have any takers... I would donate the profits to an organization. But we would need at least 50 orders to make the price acceptable.

#695 9 years ago

Glad you can still make your appearance once in a while ek77 this thread would not be the same without you.

meme-ek77.jpgmeme-ek77.jpg

#699 9 years ago

Is anyone really keeping time?

stern-code-clock-wheresthecode.jpgstern-code-clock-wheresthecode.jpg

#706 9 years ago

Facebook // Twitter 101
The folks that want to help need to do 3 things

1) have a facebook and or twitter account
2) "like" or "follow" these pages
https://www.facebook.com/wheresthecode

3)on facebook you must "like" and "share" each post. Liking will only get it so far but "sharing" the post will bring a lot more visibility. So go ahead and hit both buttons that I have highlighted in red in these examples.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-26-at-8.32.59-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2015-02-26-at-8.32.59-AM.png

and on twitter you must retweet to get the word out. Just hit the button that I highlighted in a red rounded rectangle.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-26-at-8.35.46-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2015-02-26-at-8.35.46-AM.png

Apart form that to the people that say this is a waste of time. All the posts have reached over 6,000 views combined. Now I don't know much about nothing apparently but I would say that the word got out to people that didn't know about this code update problem. This was the entire point in the first place.

With that said I can't be the lone soldier in this. If people could send me some materials to post it would be greatly appreciated.

And please LIKE, SHARE and RETWEET!

#707 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its amazing how much this thread has positively impacted the pinball community and motivated Stern and other companies to act on the current abomination that is the code famine.
I've just installed all the new code that was released in the last couple of weeks into all of my games. Also I was happy to receive that letter of apology from Gary directly. What would we have done without you Flash? you are truly an innovator, a mover, a thinker if you will. And all the while pushing your successful campaign you have refused to enter that devils lair of negativity. Kudos to you and your positive affect on the pinball community.

Tell you what John1210...how about you "like" the facebook page and trash talk all you want on it. I promise I won't delete any of your posts! You live in a free country...so go right ahead and let your voice be heard.

#711 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Flash - I'm not as artistic as you but I have an idea for one. How about one with Hulk saying something like - "Hulk is mad. Can't get ball out of saucer. Only if there was a way to keep the "H" down for a couple of seconds." This with a picture of a ball stuck in the hulk saucer. I can get you that picture if you like this idea.
This is one of those fixes that would be simple to make in the code but has been neglected.

Post the picture in this thread. And I'll work on something.

#714 9 years ago

Well WWE Pro code is out! Why isn't this a surprise!!!

stern-deli-counter-wheresthecode.jpgstern-deli-counter-wheresthecode.jpg

#716 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Last code update for Star Trek was August 31st, 2014
There never was an update for Star Trek in April.

Well then Stern should update their site. Because it clearly states 04/08/2014.... just saying....

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 4.18.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-02-26 at 4.18.22 PM.png

#721 9 years ago

I doubt it. The date are encased in an h5 element. And even if that was the case it could be changed to reflect accuracy. This is just sloppy web management from stern's part.

#724 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am pretty sure the last update for Avengers was Feb. 2013. When they updated their website the dates on the code changed.

If that is the case then it just makes it worst!

#725 9 years ago

Hi folks,
I need some inspiration here. However comes up with the best two lines gets the next post on facebook's page...

stern-head-in-sand.jpgstern-head-in-sand.jpg

#733 9 years ago

Last post on facebook already as 750 views. If people would share instead of liking we could easily reach 10000 views in no time. Like and share the pics

#740 9 years ago

Can someone take a 2 pictures of their TWD (from the players position... must seen entire game including lockbar and backbox) : one when it's on and one when it's off from exactly the same position and same angle? If someone can pull that off over the weekend and post the picture it would be awesome.

#742 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Although I should not chime in (I am the lucky owner of a single Stern with complete / awesome code, WPT) I would like to give you a different perspective:
Consider yourself fortunate to be at the "@wheresthecode" level.
With Nemo and Predator, I am at the @wheresthepin stage...
Others are still at the @wherestheFlippingPrototype stage.

Different perspective for sure.

I think you are more at the "whydidipreorder" level. Buying from small boutique / serious hobbyis turned entrepreneur cannot be compared with stern's production capacity or resources (professional / financial).

But your point those go with the ideology of " make a smart pinball choice. Wait until the game is finished before you buy". Then again, which choice do people have.... Predator is a joke, JJP and hobbit are late again on delivery, MMR is late to the party as well, highway hasn't delivered a game yet, someone is trying to find Nemo, magic girl and zombie are in "production", TBL is late, vonnie d... Well we will just skip that one.

So you can buy WOZ, met, imve,acdc led (forego cannon modes)... I know I am forgetting some....
and some older games

All the companies jumped on the gravy train and left the consumer behind and it's catching up to them big time!

#748 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

@flashinstinct
I'm just interested...
Are there any measurable metrics on this initiative?

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # Facebook likes

I'd have to tally it it up but just to give you an idea the last WWE post with the deli meat ticket dispenser "now serving" is at 910 views. And the last time I looked the total was at about 7,000 something post view overall. I'm sure we are passed 8,000 views.

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # Facebook shares

Shares are not significant since most people don't use the feature. Overall maybe 45 shares on roughly 20-30 posts. The post that have shares have more views by about 55%-75%. If people would share the post, views would be in the 10,000 mark per post. The difference between shares and likes are easy. If you share the post it gets put on your timeline, where as liking will just put a notification in the top right corner. That's why I have been sterssing that "share" is more important than "like"

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # Twitter followers

I started posting stuff on twitter 2 weeks ago so it's too early to say. 2 followers, people don't seem to like twitter but I have just posting stuff here and there and not being as consistent as I should.

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # Twitter shares

10-20

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # of comments on stern fb posted vs removed by stern on this topic

Not sure but I can guarantee than stern removed nearly 100% of the posts. Even if some where legitimate questions about code.

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # of contacts from stern to anyone on this

A big fat ZERO

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # of comments from stern about this

Nada

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # of public or private communications by stern to make change based on this

You would have to ask Stern.

Well the thing we can officially say is that there are three things that are happening.
1) Stern can't delete the posts I make because they are on my page
2) When you search the terms Stern Pinball in facebook all are posts get crawled and featured.
3) Page likes are consistently growing.. mind you 228 is not that much but the more people join the more of a voice people have.
4) Another user is publishing an article on his blog soon so I believe we will get more traction.

The important thing here is not to put the cart before the horse. Slow and steady is the way to go. Besides we want the message to go to potential buyers that don't know what they are getting themselves into about code and risks of never getting the game you were promised / advertised.

#750 9 years ago

I sent pinball news an email and never got an answer. MGC is coming up, if people that are going there would want to get the word out. Making Tshirts would be the best thing (I can supply the AI file for the printer of your choice.). Then people would ask questions and people could answer. Everyone as an opinion.

#754 9 years ago

At least the toy story picture is
new and somewhat original. Keep them coming ek77.

#772 9 years ago

I'll get the shirts done tomorrow morning.

#775 9 years ago

It's done folks...get them while you can we must reach 50 orders in order to process the order. All profits will go to charity. The more people buy, the more money will go to a good cause. Get your for t-shirt for all upcoming events

--- link removed ---

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Can you get 5xl added to the available sizes?

your wish has been granted!!!! New style added.
Hanes Tagless ConfortSoft Tee

#783 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I applaud the effort shown in this thread. Keep it up, I know that some of you say it won't do any good, but if Gary sees 50 people walking around the TPF with those shirts on it you may get the change you're looking for...sometimes people don't realize things are such a big issue until it's right in front of their face.

The only way that's going to happen is if 50 people buy these shirts. 42 to go. Orders must be filled in the next 7 days in order for teespring to start printing the order.

#795 9 years ago

If Gary knows...then he's clearly too busy counting 1000 dollar bills in his office instead of putting priority on code.

#796 9 years ago

Get your shirts!
--- link removed ---

#800 9 years ago

Get your shirts!
--- link removed ---

stern-whersethecode-hulk-saucer-jam.jpgstern-whersethecode-hulk-saucer-jam.jpg

#804 9 years ago

still 38 tshirts to go or else its a no go

--- link removed ---

#811 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah! I made a contribution. All be it an idea of a code issue but it's cool to see it in action.
What are the chances of those shirts making it to us in time for TPF on 3/27? That's really the only reason I want one is to wear it there on Sat when it's the busiest. Have to be honest that I've contemplated just having a local shop make the shirt but I want to support what you are doing to though.

The faster the 50 orders get the the more the likelyhood that you will be able to wear it. Teespring says that orders should start arriving 10-14 business days after the campaign is over. Which makes the deadline of arrival the Friday March 20th before the show.

#812 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I wonder if we can the shirts in Baby Doll size and then hire some local Model-Mayhem chicks to wear them all day.
That would force everyone to notice the shirts.
Once we get a few drinks in Gary, that would be a great photo op.
Texas choices:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/browse/model/us/texas/all?sr_token=5f31aac2b5c1e3234a9eb40029ea0f11&fm_action=search&show_advanced=0&artist_type=1&member_name=&f_gender=Female&display=details&sort_by=1&country=US&state=4125&city=&zipcode=&radius=&submit=

--- link removed ---

#813 9 years ago

BTW 37 shirt to go....come on folks...

#818 9 years ago

folks let's keep our eyes on the ball here. I need to sell 37 shirts in 6 days to make this possible...so how about you two make nice and buy a shirt

#832 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

To cheep to donate to pinside yet hear you are selling goods on a whining thread

I think you forgot the note about all profits going to charity. So I get $0 dollars for setting up a campaign, creating the shirt, creating the meme brand, creating the facebook and twitter pages and listening to what everyone as to say.

I don't have to agree with everyone that posts, you don't either that's what you call freedom of speech.

Either way, glad you are here.

#834 9 years ago

ok folks....so we are back on track. I've started creating pinball cards that people can put under the window at the show. If you have any cool rants you would like to put on cards, let me know and I will make the sets downloadable within the next few days. So let me know what you want on your cards and then people can print the ones they want. (note these are not exact right now but a draft)

pinball-cards-wheresthecode.jpgpinball-cards-wheresthecode.jpg

#840 9 years ago

with that said.... 34 to go. Anyone have any good rants to put on the pin cards?

#849 9 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Flash, any reason you did not do shirts with some of the other mock ups you did? I'm pretty sure they would be better selling than the one that is up there. Just a thought, as an STLE owner, I wish this campaign success.

With Teespring you are only allowed to do campaigns of 50+ shirts before going to print. If I did more than one design that means I would need more participants. Just having the meme logo on there would get the message across. Besides from the average that we are pulling on a daily basis, we won't meet quota of 50 on these shirts unless people buy in.

--- link removed ---

#851 9 years ago

You are correct. I just re-read the fine print and even if we don't reach 50 the 16 people so far will receive t-shirts It would be nice to reach the goal to give more to an organization. Currently we are only going to be giving away around $50 bucks!

--- link removed ---

#853 9 years ago

Not sure. No one as decided yet. I know Bryan Kelly's charity as been thrown out there.

#855 9 years ago

I was thinking when pinballproject have another pinball draw..... I know it's a Stern but it could be a finished one!

#879 9 years ago

Well shirt campaign is cancelled. Pinside received a copyright infrigement letter about the tshirts from Stern.

#883 9 years ago

Everyone that reserved a shirt will not get charged. I guess they didn't like the idea of people wearing shirts at shows.

#887 9 years ago

How about now?

**Attachment removed by mod**

#894 9 years ago

Then playing it safe.

**attachment removed by mod**

#896 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

can you make shirts with that?

I could. The font that is used is Kevilinized which is a free font!

#903 9 years ago

derogatory: showing a critical or disrespectful attitude
I think I'm asking a question and not telling them their code is shit....

#1129 9 years ago

So here it is again. I have made shirts so people can wear at shows. Shirts that don't conflict with any copyright. Shirts that will get your point across a lot more than talking to Gary or anyone at Stern. These guys have been around this circus before and can brush off pretty much anything you say. They are there to sell pinballs and that's that. What they can't control is you wearing a shirt that asks a question specifically targeted to them. Other potential buyers that know nothing of this will ask you guys a question about your shirt and then it will be your turn to voice your own opinion (Stern cannot control that)
(with all these posts and comments on a few threads counting up to almost 2200 posts. We've sold 8 shirts. Do yourself a favour, buy a shirts (knwo that the profits go to charity), go to the event and play some pinball
http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode

#1133 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You guys are pretty funny in your expectations of Stern's Facebook.
I work for a company that does billions in sales.
If you post anything on our Facebook page that is a criticism, a direction "You guys oughta...", a technical question, looking for employment, or anything else that is not front page material - you are getting instantly deleted.
After being deleted, you get a PM directing you where you would be better served:
Suggestions, directions and criticisms are all sent to our forum.-

Great Vid....where's Stern's Forum?

#1172 9 years ago

That's the entire point about the shirts. Silent protests but if people ask you could give your opinions without causing a raucous.

#1174 9 years ago

How's this for an inventory list? Everything is in stock...well almost...
stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpgstern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg

#1177 9 years ago

You won't have to talk to Stern they will be much more worried that you are talking to someone else. I get what Ed is saying. what's the saying "don't shit where you eat". Is that it. Ed wants this clean and urge people to respect that as well. i know it's tough to do both.

#1179 9 years ago

We don't have that kind of events up north! Eh!

#1181 9 years ago

Yes but never to a pinball show. hoping to attend Allentown this year.

#1201 9 years ago

The people that wanted the pinball cards can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/fq55w28db58z3o8/pinball-cards-wheresthecode.pdf

These were meant to put inside your pinball machines and not to give them around. I cannot enforce anything but it would be nice if they were used for the intended purpose.

facebook-pinball-cards.jpgfacebook-pinball-cards.jpg

Again if you bring a game that is fully coded, be honest and put in the green card. If you bring a game with unfinished code...then you know what to do.

#1211 9 years ago

Files are fixed. I don't mind changing these sometimes my french get's in the way of proper grammar and direct translation sometimes is a lot more offending in english than in french.

side note:
10 shirts to go to finish the campaign.

#1213 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Still says ridiculous prices...?

I assume file is cached please try again in a few minutes.

#1219 9 years ago

Ok folks... and all you grammar fanatics, files are changed and made the green a bit more lively.

pinballs-cards.jpgpinballs-cards.jpg

#1228 9 years ago

I don't know about the going under part but if they continue on this route rough waters will be ahead. If JJP would have the balls to put up a $5k game in the market it would really put more pressure.

#1267 9 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Pretty funny that the person behind this "movement" chose to be identified as 'Flashinstinct' in media coverage.
He has no problem attacking real people working real jobs at Stern, all the while disassociating himself personally from the attack by hiding behind a pseudonym.
Brave, truly.

If Stern wants to find me or anyone else for that manner it's not too hard (just ask vid he seems to have gotten it). How many Flashinstinct's are out there? I chose to keep things associated to my pinball username so people would have a reference.

#1271 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Indeed. There appears to be a glimmer of hope on the horizon.

I just wish Stern would proactively just announce that BEta is now in testing instead of keeping it hush hush..but any news is good news!

#1287 9 years ago

stern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-beta.jpgstern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-beta.jpg

#1292 9 years ago

dang... dark wizard you were right I uploaded the wrong file. And I did the same mistake on facebook... oops.

stern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-beta.jpgstern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-beta.jpg

#1298 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

but now the "if this is all true" seems out of place ...

I was looking at it more from the point of view that if Keith is really going to test it. But again my English sometimes can be left to interpretation. Modified the file for you guys towards the top.

#1300 9 years ago

Yeah I agreethis sounds much more positive

#1302 9 years ago

TSHIRTS
Tell me we can sell more than 10 shirts. This means we are only giving $30 bucks away to charity. Stern has either heard the message or it was a coincidence...either way...still plenty of games that merit a code upgrade....and not enough money in the donation fund.

tshirts.jpgtshirts.jpg

#1306 9 years ago

Oh for crying out loud!!!....going to send an email to their legal team. Also sent an email directly to proctor and gamble. I don't see how this is wrong...people will see tide and tilt and the same time...sub conscience promotion is always a good thing right?

#1309 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I personally don't see the shirts arriving in time; so think the who issue is a mute point.

You might be surprise it clearly says in teespring that shirts are delivered 10-14 business days after campaign ends.

There is exactly 14 business days before the show starts.

#1313 9 years ago

I have contacted P&G directly to see if I can use it. Teespring deems it to be copyright infrigement.

#1316 9 years ago

Actually no... we are giving Stern time to release star trek beta. Seeing that the pinball cards got downloaded 155 times...Don't worry I have a feeling we'll have plenty of stuff to put up after TPF. But thanks for bumping us up again.

In case people still need access to the cards

#1321 9 years ago

Thanks for the reminder. Profits where given to the bryan kelly's JDRF one Walk fund.

#1326 9 years ago

^^^^^^^WHAT AURICH SAID^^^^^^^^
I can't keep posting memes about code if they have acknowledge that they are releasing beta version of ST. Gotta cut them some slack. With that said... they better not slack on TWD code...

#1328 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

haha Stern newest hashtag: #codeiscoming

at first i thought you were joking but I took a look at Stern's facebook LOL

#1334 9 years ago

I shared their post on wheres the code facebook page.. I think that will speak volumes to them. Or at least I hope.

#1348 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sterns new Facebook post of #codeiscoming now has more likes then any post they have made all the way back to January 27th.
Positive things ahead. Way to go everyone.

Well that should give them insight!

#1350 9 years ago
Quoted from chemscab:

"YES code updates premiered at PAPA 18 for Walking Dead ... Wrestlemania ... Mustang ... Star Trek ... and CSI." From Bowen.

Link to article please....

#1389 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

AV Shawarma.jpg
Showed up to Battle for Earth and nothing was there...

stern-wheresthecode-sad-cap.jpgstern-wheresthecode-sad-cap.jpg

#1399 9 years ago

How much beta testing does one code update need? Just asking..

#1413 9 years ago

Tip of the hat to you guys!
stern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-released.jpgstern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-released.jpg

#1417 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Are we going to stop now that the higher selling games got updates? There is still X-Men with bugs including an end of game (you cannot play the villains anymore or get to danger room again). They took out the mode that reset everything as they didn't feel like finishing it.
When will they understand that by giving up on a game, sales will never increase on said game?
I am not asking for new features, just fix the bugs.

We can see how TPF will go. I would do more but I don't know all the bugs for all the games so people have to let me know here or via pm.

#1419 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'd like some new features... on Tron

This thread was started to focus on neglected games / bugs / bad code. Sure we could all wish for new features in all the games but I do believe we need to keep focus on unfinished games. But we could always wish right? Xmen, TWD, Avengers and WWE should be on the priority list...

#1426 9 years ago

Guess what I am wearing in Allentown

#1445 9 years ago

X-men praying!
wheres-the-code-wolverine-amen.jpgwheres-the-code-wolverine-amen.jpg

#1447 9 years ago

Why not I'm on a role
wheres-the-code-stern-magneto-crash.jpgwheres-the-code-stern-magneto-crash.jpg

#1450 9 years ago

I'd like to see some pictures of people using their pinball cards and shirts at TPF

#1452 9 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I just want to say that this is a great grass roots old fashioned protest.
I hope it works.

Well the pinball cards got downloaded 300 times so I sure hope people use them ! :O

#1454 9 years ago

And just in time for TPF
wheresthecode-donors.jpgwheresthecode-donors.jpg

#1455 9 years ago

Did anyone ending up using their instruction cards or wear their shirts at TPF?

#1458 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Was there any talk at TPF about code?

Apparently not!

#1459 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No cards from what I've seen. I am wearing my shirt and have been asked about it a lot. Ironically, the vendors seem to be the most interested.
St code coming out seems to have calmed the storm. A shame as there are many more games out there needing work and if people drop off after one update for a game I doubt progress will be made.

Pics (shirt) or it didn't happen!

#1461 9 years ago

I'll be wearing my gold one at allentown

#1464 9 years ago

I can give out the vector logo. I'll post the link soon.

#1465 9 years ago

As promised. You want to make your own shirts, cards, posters, trading cards etc.... here is the logo in vector format with multiple options.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f5o2kp2fme2yeoy/wheresthecode-logo.zip

Logo color
logo-color.jpglogo-color.jpg

logo with letters knockout (black)
logo-black-knockout.jpglogo-black-knockout.jpg

logo with letters knockout (white)
logo-white-knockout.jpglogo-white-knockout.jpg

logo reversed black lettering
logo-black-rev.jpglogo-black-rev.jpg

logo with white lettering
logo-white.jpglogo-white.jpg

#1466 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I missed out on the original batch, signed up for the hopeful second run. Would love to have them for Allentown.

http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode (relaunched for allentown as per request) but for some reason sales must reach 30. In other words we need to sell 17 of these. Let your friends know.

All profits will go to charity.

#1469 9 years ago

I requested pics and received one seems stern as calmed the masses with the release of St code. It's onlya matter of time before people start bitching again at TWD and WWE.

#1474 9 years ago

Well would you look at that! I'm glad to see people wore them.

#1475 9 years ago

Hulk not happy it's april fools' day!
wheres-the-code-stern-hulk.jpgwheres-the-code-stern-hulk.jpg

#1477 9 years ago

The cap is not happy either

wheres-the-code-stern-cap.jpgwheres-the-code-stern-cap.jpg
#1480 9 years ago

How about like this? The new world is going to need Rick Gr....arghh I mean new code!!!
wheres-the-code-rickgrimes.jpgwheres-the-code-rickgrimes.jpg

#1483 9 years ago

GET YOUR SHIRTS FOR ALLENTOWN, PINBALL AT THE ZOO, PIN A GOGO, THE LONDON CHAMPIONSHIPS etc.

tshirts.jpgtshirts.jpg

Now is not the time to sit idle. Stern still has a few games to fix that are still in the backlog.

#1490 9 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Which version of TWD do you have? I looking long and hard at my next one and have serious thoughts abut this or Met for my next one

Easy answer..until code is polished you are always better off getting a game with finished code and in this case MET is a well rounded of game.

#1494 9 years ago

A few hours left on this batch of shirts
http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode All profits go to charity.

#1496 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Haha got my shirt. Think we should make b/w cards that say "this is not a newer stern, so play knowing the code is finished" or cards saying the code is finished. If I was selling a game I'd put a card in claiming code is complete for non new Stern games.

Like this?

pinball-cards-wheresthecode-03.pngpinball-cards-wheresthecode-03.png

#1510 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

ACDC doesn't need code updates. It just doesn't. I get it, cannon inserts, blah blah. It's an incredible game, with awesome code, and I just don't see any point in trying to bash Stern over it. Hey, if it ever gets some other update with more lower playfield multiball action or whatever then great!
But it's not broken.
TWD and WWE are broken. They simply need more work to be complete games. So for Stern to publicly say they're working on it, instead of making us guess? That's the progress we've been asking for. I say good for them.

That was the exact purpose of this entire campaign. I agree that ACDC itself his pretty much finished (95%). But it also let's Stern know people do care about crap they put on the playfield and do not finish. Hopefully this entire thing will be a good reminder for them to make sure they finish what they start..

#1518 9 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

does anyone know, if a final Avengers code will be released?

With the way things are looking Avengers code has been shelved. It doesn't mean we can't keep asking...

#1530 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Here's the thing - sometimes things change. During early design, things like 'cannon modes' or 'captain's chair' get approved, and make it onto the playfield. However, as the code is tested and tweaked, it may become obvious those things don't work as originally intended. Should Stern 'force' the code to confirm to early ideas that are represented on the playfield, or make the best code they can based on testing and feedback?

That's just called poor planning in my books. That's why they make "whitewoods" to test this sort of things out. If it got put on the playfield for final production then it means it should have been tested and meant to be in the finished product.

#1532 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

But how do you do this if code isn't complete when it goes to production? As we know, on most every machine Stern sells, code isn't complete until about a year after release.

If it's printed on the playfield then I would consider it a main feature of the game. And if it's a main feature I would assume that the company building it would test it out before putting it into final production. This is Stern's problem to figure out.

Quoted from SunKing:

Sure, you could solve this by having code complete when it goes into production, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon. And I'm actually OK with machines getting updates after being tested in the field and at tournaments.

Stern needs to make games that are complete at time of production and then update the code / polish the code from feedback they get post-production to fix bugs and to refine the game. Short of that... they are selling the games short and taking their clients for guinea pigs. They should get resources to make this happen.

I think it would result in cost savings for them in the long run and less customer backlash. With the home market growing everyday this shit is not gonna get any easier for them if they keep doing what they are doing.

Bottom line is you can't charge premium dollar for something that is not finished or in some cases that never gets finished.

#1536 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Stern replied to someone asking about new Avengers code. They asked for a list of issues to consider.

Say it ain't so. I don't have the game either so someone please post the bugs on facebook.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

326 posts in this topic match your search for posts by flashinstinct. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.