P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#456 9 years ago

Nice sentiment but I can assure you this isn't helping one bit to get code completed

#459 9 years ago

Stern have kept pinball alive and we wouldn't be even having this discussion if they didn't produce quality machines, look at the joke that is predator, TBL, and so on. They have done a magnificent job. Just look at the most popular threads... It's people praising stern games. What more evidence do you want?

#460 9 years ago

This flashinstinct knob needs to stop having a cry, get a beer and play a recent Stern pinball , if he has any that is, and stop whining about code. Obviously he is on the receiving end of a very boring life if this is his claim to fame... Rallying to get quicker code updates. Sorry but really... A more productive venture could be.... Playing pinball!!!

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

STERN-PROMISES-wheresthecode.jpg 50 KB

Stern consistently release 2-3 new games per year with excellent support and mostly positive reception from the pinball community. They are meeting and answering to current demand and continuing to update and improve code for these releases.

JJP for example are still behind on their 2nd pinball ever and WOZ was still receiving updates after release.

It's a cant win scenario for stern. They bring out code quickly that is no good they will get negative feedback. They reduce the titles being released they will receive negative feedback. They have some of the best code writers in pinball history producing great rule sets consistently and still threads like this seem to continue to emerge which can only have negative results in my opinion.

#603 9 years ago

better than bitching and doing nothing....

This whole thread is a bitch fest! Which was created by someone who probably has very little knowledge of what actually goes into creating quality code. Many of the recent releases by stern have some of the best rule sets ever created. Why? Largely due to time and patience and coders at stern refusing to give into impatience at the expense of creating a great code.

Now I'm off to the lionman thread which is significantly more worthwhile than this one.

1 week later
#679 9 years ago

WWE - Not complete
The Walking Dead - Not complete
Mustang - Polishing
Start Trek - Not complete
Metallica - Unsure - but leaning towards complete or polishing
AC/DC - 95%
Avengers - Not complete (missing animations and some promised features)
Ironman - Complete
Transformers - Complete
X-men - Not complete
Tron - Complete
So that brings the total to 5-6 depending on what you consider complete.
Dr. Joe I also think alot of people got pissed off seing Stern cranking out ACDC Led Pro / Luci and not devoting time to finish the cannon modes...
Again everyone as an opinion, yours is just as valid. It depends which side of the coin you are looking at.

Wwe - looks awesome
TWD- awesome even with unfinished code
Mustang - fun and exciting even with more code to come
St - damn fine game
Metallica - speaks for itself
Avengers - awesome and fun
All the others completed - yep fun and great games. We,l done Stern keep up the great efforts in putting out quality titles

1 week later
#700 9 years ago

Its amazing how much this thread has positively impacted the pinball community and motivated Stern and other companies to act on the current abomination that is the code famine.

I've just installed all the new code that was released in the last couple of weeks into all of my games. Also I was happy to receive that letter of apology from Gary directly. What would we have done without you Flash? you are truly an innovator, a mover, a thinker if you will. And all the while pushing your successful campaign you have refused to enter that devils lair of negativity. Kudos to you and your positive affect on the pinball community.

#703 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

As opposed to all the positive help and support you've provided to this hobby.

Wouldnt be hard to oppose. Just start up a big rant thread and have a bitch about crap. Easy im onto it

#736 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Wow this thread was made for Jan 31 but it is still running what a bunch of

tumblr_m6i4lmB4rs1r0a19h.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

And it's still going to no avail. Yes crying and whining at its best. Only image posted on this thread that pretty much sums it up.

Now back to playing my TWD which has unfinished code, but hey it's fun and who gives a rats if it's finished now or not. Certainly not going to put on a dress and have a cry about it.

#756 9 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much Ek, if you have a look at the first post on this whinge fest and the poll, this guy isn't as influential as he would like to think he is. Most decent pinsiders have better things to do like play cool pins with unfinished code that they don't mind about than join in on this snooze session.

Watching this guy build on his own deflated ego is fun to watch but so keep it comin Flash. If I were those hardworking coders at Stern I would hold off on more code just to grate the whiners on this thread.

#773 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Comments like this blow my mind.So in essence what you are saying is ,this guys attempt to fix a situation that he and many others feel needs addressed,should be held back for spite.

This thread in general blows my mind. What I'm saying and have said before is: this thread achieves nothing, improves nothing, and in essence as you put it promotes negativity on a topic (release of improved code for stern games) that should only receive praise and encouragement from fellow pinsiders.

I will also reiterate that many recent Stern releases have some of the best code in pinball history with deep and engaging rule sets ie acdc, metallica, xmen, tspp, lotr to name a few and their newest offering TWD has some great game play and code in place already.

Placing up dodgy photoshopped images and captions is simply a poor attempt at humour at best and as you also put it fixes nothing. I would still disagree with Flash regardless of his angle on this topic but at least respect the guy if he made a more intelligent and respectable attempt at putting his point of view across rather than chucking up the odd photo and a predictable caption.

The efforts on the thread are self indulgent and worthy of a casual chuckle at best

At the moment it is purely a thread for entertainment value only.

#798 9 years ago

Not trying to rain on flashes brilliant, influential and positive ideas but wouldn't dresses sell better than t shirts for participants in this rant. plus maybe some matching accessory? Just a thought.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.