P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg
There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 42.
#202 9 years ago

stern-code-star-trek-le2-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-star-trek-le2-wherethecode.jpg

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Sorry but only JJP employees hijack threads

lol

#205 9 years ago

How about TWD? Zombies.......Code.....Code......Code

#206 9 years ago

You beat me to it while I was working on it....
stern-code-twd-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-twd-wherethecode.jpg

stern-code-twd2-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-twd2-wherethecode.jpg

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I was working on it....

Great job man... these are funny - and awesome!

In a sad and depressing I want my code way...

#208 9 years ago

I will be amazed if this makes any impact whatsoever.

Seems like most collectors who complain about needing new code aren't even playing the current code to its potential.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I will be amazed if this makes any impact whatsoever.
Seems like most collectors who complain about needing new code aren't even playing the current code to its potential.

You dont drive your car to its potential either but you want it to do what its advertised to do.

#210 9 years ago

You all may be protesting with these images, but you already voted with your dollars... that you accept unfinished games.

Which do you think counts more?

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

You dont drive your car to its potential either but you want it to do what its advertised to do.

Next time my car doesn't get me to work I will post a picture on Ford's Facebook page in protest.

#212 9 years ago

substitute car for any other product known to man. I know its to late and all that but consumers do have to have some expectation of completeness. Games never do this. At least when a game is released it has a start middle and end. However buggy in between is a different story.

#213 9 years ago

Not code..but still something worth mentioning.
stern-code-mustang-wherethecode.jpgstern-code-mustang-wherethecode.jpg

#214 9 years ago

Pretty sure the mustang feature matrix only listed 4 on the pro

*edit just checked and it did only advertise 4

Post edited by DevilsTuner: research

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Next time my car doesn't get me to work I will post a picture on Ford's Facebook page in protest.

Did it work when you purchased it? Was everything working? I would assume the answer is yes...and therefore not applicable to this argument. After thousands of games played on a pinball stuff might break down...and it's your job to repair them...you wouldn't call stern for that. But if the car was buggy coming out of the lot...you wold be the first guy in the dealership with your arms above your head screaming!! LOL

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Pretty sure the mustang feature matrix only listed 4 on the pro
*edit just checked and it did only advertise 4
Post edited by DevilsTuner: research

Not at the very beginning...

#217 9 years ago

Did it work when you purchased it? Was everything working? I would assume the answer is yes...

It was a joke.

If your code protest gets me a Metallica update I will give you a virtual high five. I just don't see it speeding up the process. Good luck.

#218 9 years ago

Why did you guys pick a Saturday for this? They are closed on weekends and likely won't see anything you do until Monday.

#219 9 years ago

Does Metallica even need a update. Seems pretty legit to me. Walking dead is way to soon. I wouldn't expect anything until spring on that front. Borg had said he was off the game for a few weeks and was just getting back into it this week. AC/DC is in the work at home stage for him I would think.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Why did you guys pick a Saturday for this? They are closed on weekends and likely won't see anything you do until Monday.

Yes but everyone looking for information on a game will....

#221 9 years ago

Im going to bet they will sell more games tomorrow than I will actually see mentions of this campaign on social media. I hate to be a dick about it, but in the end this is just a masterbatory exercise.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Im going to bet they will sell more games tomorrow than I will actually see mentions of this campaign on social media. I hate to be a dick about it, but in the end this is just a masterbatory exercise.

Probably but even if you put doubt in 5 people...i think this will have achieved something.

#223 9 years ago

Probably but even if you put doubt in 5 people...i think this will have achieved something.

I totally agree.
I had a lot of williams pins. And never had a Stern before. I did not know about their code issues. (Releasing games that are not finished)
I played Star Trek a bunch at an arcade and wanted one.
I knew there was going to be updates as Stern advertised that they were adding speech etc.

I did not know that the updates were going to be whenever they got around to it.
As I never read about the past issues with other titles.

So I purchased my first NIB machine expecting code updates in a timely manner. I guess my expectations were too high. I figured it would be finished in 6-8 months. Considering the hype behind the Star Trek title.
If I would have known I would have waited until it was finished. Not to say its not a good game. I am mosly upset about Sterns lack of support for titles they release.

Star Trek was released. TWD, Mustang, MMR announcement. New building. WWE, Spike, and still waiting.

I think thats the point.
Let potential new customers know that if they buy new. The game may not be done for over a year or longer, or never. If it doesn't sell well.
And thats how Stern operates.

#224 9 years ago

well then I guess we can start now! Start posting away if you feel like it!

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You all may be protesting with these images, but you already voted with your dollars... that you accept unfinished games.

I have considered buying TWD but am going to wait till summer 2015 because of code so stern will still get my money they will have to wait for it.

#226 9 years ago

I've put up the first post on the facebook page and one one twitter....

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Couldn't agree more and I won't buy any new games anymore, however, the point is FINISH THE FING CODE!

#228 9 years ago

All I get is page not found when I click one of your Facebook links.
Did Stern really take down the ability to post the their page that was on the left hand side just because of this?

#230 9 years ago

Can these still be posted on Sterns page as a comment to whatever their newest topic is. Or can you not post photos in comments?

#231 9 years ago

Let me know how this works out for you.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Let me know how this works out for you.

it will get nowhere. talking about it for over a week and the first post goes up today?

anyone who links it on a stern comment will get banned.

about 8-10 people here just whining about the same bs.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

it will get nowhere. talking about it for over a week and the first post goes up today?

What a negative Nell.
Just have fun with it.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

You clearly don't get it. Since Stern as taken down their comment feature...I've created a facebook page..all you need to do is subscribe and then share the posts....put the #hash tags in and then Stern can't delete or ban squat!!

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Who the hell cares if you get banned from Stern's Facebook page? Oh, only the guys who want to give Gary Stern a hummer.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Who the hell cares if you get banned from Stern's Facebook page? Oh, only the guys who want to give Gary Stern a hummer.

Exactly. And the ban is not permanent anyway. But even if it was, no loss.

#238 9 years ago

You clearly don't get it. Since Stern as taken down their comment feature...I've created a facebook page..all you need to do is subscribe and then share the posts....put the #hash tags in and then Stern can't delete or ban squat!!

And when I share it, then what? My friends - a vast majority of which don't give a shit about pinball - ignore a post about a company they've never heard of and don't care about. At best they wonder what the Hell I'm talking about. Stern themselves are never even going to know this is happening.

#239 9 years ago

People talk big around here but it goes to show most people on here have NO SACK!

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

And when I share it, then what? My friends - a vast majority of which don't give a shit about pinball - ignore a post about a company they've never heard of and don't care about. At best they wonder what the Hell I'm talking about. Stern themselves are never even going to know this is happening.

You are part of the bigger problem.....people just bitch to other people and don't keep companies accountable....if everyone would group together and do something productive...it could change a business way of thinking...pull together and do something... bitching on here will never solve squat....I've seen some people here that laugh at this strategy bitch about code on other threads.....

#241 9 years ago

TRUTH.jpgTRUTH.jpg
#242 9 years ago

The fact that Stern took away the ability to post is proof that we have their attention.
That did not happen by coincidence.

#243 9 years ago

Stern reads this forum every day.

It's not like anyone thought that they were going to sit back and let us flood their Facebook with negative crap.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's not like anyone thought that they were going to sit back and let us flood their Facebook with negative crap.

Yes, and that is awesome. At least they realize the extent of our concern.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

If you actually did that Ford would reply to you. They wouldn't delete it and ban you.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If they read this then here is a quote from me.

I will not buy a Stern unless they show an amazing improvement in the release code and updating previous pins in a timely fashion. Was all in for TWD till I saw the shallow game play at release and the missed opportunities to update previous pins.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

If you actually did that Ford would reply to you. They wouldn't delete it and ban you.

Ford does ban people from Facebook.

#248 9 years ago

Good luck with that...and while your at it can you please make a LOTR VE? Thanks Stern!

#249 9 years ago

All the people that said this wouldn't make a difference are wrong. It already did. Stern was worried enough about it to take down that part of their facebook page. The cool graphics might not ever see the light of screen on their FB page but the job has already been done. They know the masses want their code. The sad thing is if they monitor this thread all the people saying to quit bitching and that we are just wasting our time just fuels Stern's fire to keep on doing what their doing.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ford does ban people from Facebook.

Not like Stern does. We've discussed this before Vid. I showed plenty of negative comments to you from Fords FB page that had replies to the customers. Not deletes and bans. I'd ban someone from my companies page too if they using profane language or making threatening posts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.