• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-674.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I've had my IMve for a few months and love it. Probably added around $600 of mods etc. I have the opportunity to grab a nice hulk le which has mirrors, Loki lock mod etc. I know the ve is worth more by a few hundred but I also would love a hulk in the lineup at least for a while.

Thoughts guys

#2 9 years ago

IMVE of course

#3 9 years ago

Hard to say, depends on your lineup. Very different pins. AV has tougher shots. IM is fast and furious, shallow but difficult and has that "one more game" feeling.

How about a temporary trade?

#4 9 years ago

I would go with av le .. this game is starting to become more & more popular as people realise it is a hard game but still very enjoyable ( sleeper) . will definitely improve your flipper skills due to tight shots..

#5 9 years ago

Those are the two I own. Very different games but both are fun in their own rights. Most of the family prefers IM because they aren't willing to catch the balls and aim for shots on Avengers. They prefer just hitting the flipper and getting a couple multi balls going in IM. IM is a quick punch in the mouth whereas TAVle is a three round fight.

If you have had your fill of IM for a while go for Avengers. I agree with above poster, make it a temp trade if you can. Good luck!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-674.jpgimage-674.jpg
#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Those are the two I own. Very different games but both are fun in their own rights. Most of the family prefers IM because they aren't willing to catch the balls and aim for shots on Avengers. They prefer just hitting the flipper and getting a couple multi balls going in IM. IM is a quick punch in the mouth whereas TAVle is a three round fight.
If you have had your fill of IM for a while go for Avengers. I agree with above poster, make it a temp trade if you can. Good luck!

image.jpg 217 KB

image-674.jpg 199 KB

Your IM is killer. Is that a color DMD and lit ramps?

#7 9 years ago

I have IMve and AV pro. Can't go wrong with either. At current prices AVle is a steal.

#8 9 years ago

I owned AVLE and would recommend it for a good size collection, but suggest you look at some other titles if you only have a game or two. You can get MET, ACDC or ST Premium for about $1k more, or TFLE for about the same.

The difference of opinions on AV is well founded. The game has some unique, satisfying shots and the art package and sounds are good, but it can be frustrating unless you are switched on every time you step up to the table. Hulk Multiball is fun but it's the only easy thing on the game. Otherwise, the casual player won't get very far unless you set the rules to easy.

I love tough games, but AV doesn't just penalize you for mistakes, you have to make the same tough shot umpteen times just to get to first base.

#9 9 years ago

Ive owned and sold quite a few pins And this has been my hardest choice by far. Let go the imve or grab a nice avle. Both are so different but fantastic games. Thanks for the help guys

#10 9 years ago

owned both (well the original IM) and IM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AVLE.

#11 9 years ago

I loved my AVLE and played hell out of it for two years. Made me a better player. Like any game that takes awhile to finish, it will get a little tiresome eventually. But this is after a lot of addictive, one game after the other day after day week after week immersion. Same thing happened to me with LOTR and sm, two of my alltime faves as well as TFLE. These are all wonderful games to run through your collection.

IM is in a different category altogether. Fast brutal games that don't ever really get old. I probably so won't keep IM for ever, but sometimes I feel that I could.

#12 9 years ago

I'm in the minority on Pinside, I do not like IM (there, I said it... ). I love the Marvel theme but the gameplay isn't for me. If I want to play a fast, brutal and shallow game, there are cheaper games in my collection that fit the bill.

I do love Avengers. The shots and callouts are awesome for a Marvel fan.

If you do try AVLE, add a $100 external powered subwoofer, swap all the flashers to LEDs and enjoy the awesome light show. The color changing GI that switches based on mode adds a ton to the immersion into the game. AVLE has great lighting effects that are integrated into the theme perfectly.

If you find it too hard, set it to easy. The "wood chopping" feeling of having to hit each Avenger shot many times is greatly reduced.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Your IM is killer. Is that a color DMD and lit ramps?

Yes sir. Colordmd as well as ramp lights for my IM. I totally agree with others, if you get TAVLE, turn the difficulties down to easy. Still challenging but more rewarding. AOTHC is a cool wizard mode, wish it carried over though.

#14 9 years ago

I'd go with IM, I never did like AV.

#15 9 years ago

AV is a terrible game. IM is a great game. IM shows up in tournaments all the time. AV showed up once with the hawkeye shot and the K inlane physically disabled so players couldn't exploit hawkeye and loki MB over and over again. If you have to disable shots in a game to make players go after other objectives, thats a pretty terrible game.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I've had my IMve for a few months and love it. Probably added around $600 of mods etc. I have the opportunity to grab a nice hulk le which has mirrors, Loki lock mod etc. I know the ve is worth more by a few hundred but I also would love a hulk in the lineup at least for a while.
Thoughts guys

I'm not a huge fan of either game, but I would get the AVLE. There's way more to that game to keep me interested.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

IM shows up in tournaments all the time. AV showed up once with the hawkeye shot and the K inlane physically disabled so players couldn't exploit hawkeye and loki MB over and over again. If you have to disable shots in a game to make players go after other objectives, thats a pretty terrible game.

That is all related to poor coding.

Also, what is used in a tournament is not necessarily a great game or a bad game. Tournaments often suck the fun out of games by changing their setup.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

AV is a terrible game. IM is a great game. IM shows up in tournaments all the time. AV showed up once with the hawkeye shot and the K inlane physically disabled so players couldn't exploit hawkeye and loki MB over and over again. If you have to disable shots in a game to make players go after other objectives, thats a pretty terrible game.

Interesting point. Examining the coding is important especially when it's not going to be updated ever again. However yes I do see the other point that tournament play and the way the game is played for tournaments isn't always the way they are intended to be played. It's purely to get big points over completing the game.

That said completing avengers would be a monster task and keep you interested. This is one reason why I'm thinking of the swap. IM has major replay value but aside from getting do or die multiball the other challenges can be completed more regularly. Getting do or die hurry up and Jericho 50mil shot is still a rush but I now also get that yeah done it before feeling.

#19 9 years ago

I've had both. Sold AVprem to fund my IMve. No regrets. I did enjoy my AV, but didn't have long term appeal to me such as Iron Man. Like others have said "just one more game".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avle-or-imve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.