(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,455 posts
  • 1,418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Oise64
  • Topic is favorited by 774 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17162904644006530426168915480293 (resized).jpg
IMG_4996 (resized).jpg
IMG_4997 (resized).jpg
IMG_4010 (resized).JPEG
IMG_3555 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_0232 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4173 (resized).jpg
IMG_9519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5295 (resized).jpeg
eryreyeryery (resized).png
jp (resized).png
IMG_5025 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 428 of 430.
#21351 21 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

The ball on my brand new Jurassic Park pro keeps getting stuck at this weird spot any ideas ?
With glass off it appears it can get stuck there if it bounces up and in
Right below trex
[quoted image]

Never had it happen on my Premium. Is your plastic cracked? If so, I’d reach out to Stern

CrackCrack

#21352 21 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Never had it happen on my Premium. Is your plastic cracked? If so, I’d reach out to Stern
[quoted image]

Plastic is getting replaced. I actually ordered the plastic from a pinsider That is not supposed to crack, but it has cracked already. He is sending me three more no issues.

#21353 21 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can you elaborate like Bend the habitrail up with my hands gently ? Thanks for clarification

No. I haven't made any adjustments on mine because it happens so rarely, but maybe if the habitrail was shimmed up a little bit, like extra washers on the screw posts, it would prevent this. Or of course removing the plastic at the bottom of the T-Rex ramp.

#21354 21 days ago

wow.... thats a lot of work to replace blades on a prem/LE which are funcitonal....

#21355 21 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

The ball on my brand new Jurassic Park pro keeps getting stuck at this weird spot any ideas ?
With glass off it appears it can get stuck there if it bounces up and in
Right below trex
[quoted image]

One idea would be to use some clear cabinet bumpers to block the ball from going to that spot.

#21356 21 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

A resilient sense of self-worth? Jkjk. But this game is brutally hard for me most of the time and I’ve even made some cheats to make it easier. Still sooo hard. Every now and again I go off on it and it feels great though!
My biggest problem is I have most shots dialed in from a cradle. I have really bad ball hop coming from the inlanes. It just adds too much randomness for me to consistently hit shots. A lot of my recent sterns feel like this. I haven’t found a reliable way to solve the hop problem. Anyone have ideas?

Ball hop on the left flipper and upper right flipper has always very common on JP.

Most common way to cure ball hop on the lower flipper is loosen the screws for the inlane ball guide, then nudge the end of the guide toward the back box as you re-tighten. Only takes a minute.

Same concept to fix hop at the upper flipper too. Just have to remove the plastic and do a harder nudge to move the ball guide while you retighten the screw.

This fixes it on mine in both spots, but then after about a month it does come back. Just a matter of quickly doing the same fixes again though.

#21357 21 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

wow.... thats a lot of work to replace blades on a prem/LE which are funcitonal....

No when following our installation guide, customers take on average between 30 minutes and 1 hour to install it. Time is huge to make the mod not to install.
And the rendering is not comparable to the original blades. It’s really a huge plus aesthetically. Preordering here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only

#21358 20 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Completely agree with you, but seems like there are enough supporters that this mod is considered legit by many. Can't imagine taking away a scoring mech on your game just for asthetics, or cheating the system to automatically give you points. Just seems odd for the sake of a helicopter model with a spinning rotor, but to each their own. Definitely would value the table that has the mod less, not more, but many would say the same about other mods people enjoy, including the grooved washers that improve the spin of the Jeep and heli rotors, which I use

Have seen the light (not getting the mod, though) and appreciate JP getting more love and more mods to choose from. Thank you pinopinballmods for your work and dedication to JP

Rotor on!

Still waiting for the day that a stumblor mod makes its way to JP

#21359 20 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Still waiting for the day that a stumblor mod makes its way to JP

It'll happen eventually! AIQ and JP are defo on the hitlist, being a massive Elwin fanboy. Haven't really thought much about what to do though...

#21360 20 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

It'll happen eventually! AIQ and JP are defo on the hitlist, being a massive Elwin fanboy. Haven't really thought much about what to do though...

Can’t forget IMDN also. Get busy haha

#21361 20 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Improved raptor enclosure, watchtower, helicopter and helipad, and T-Rex fence have all been done, but could be better.

Adding a visitor center or an opening, main double gate could be more original, but the later was done in the Data East table.

JP could use some ‘electrified’ fencing

#21362 20 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Improved raptor enclosure, watchtower, helicopter and helipad, and T-Rex fence have all been done, but could be better.
Adding a visitor center or an opening, main double gate could be more original, but the later was done in the Data East table.

Electrified fencing could be very interesting!

#21363 20 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

We were supposed to see a whole new raptor area from Lior... saddly with the areas issues....doubt we will

#21364 20 days ago

If you can pull off electrified fencing with Alan waving the flare in sync with the T-Rex, you shall receive official god status!

Quoted from stumblor:

IMG_8972 (resized).jpegIMG_8972 (resized).jpeg
#21365 20 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Am an LED fan, so seeing any of your Lolly lights strung throughout the table, including on the rails, as electrified fencing would jive with my tastes, ha. The only nuisance to consider would be what would still be electrified when “fences are failing all around the park”

The raptor fence stays on in the game the whole time, sort of, so if it had to be a small scale project, Lolly electrified fencing around the Raptor enclosure would look great and not conflict with anyone saying what gives with the electrified fencing when the fences are down.

Personally, would love to see fencing along the perimeter and see the electricity, or lights, putting on a show. More space for more of your lights and no one could say it’s distracting from paying attention to the ball.

I’m sure anything you come up with would be better than our ideas

Thank you for your time!

#21366 20 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

Your heli alignment must be *way* different from mine. Rollbacks from the heli will usually barely touch the tip of the left flipper, the right flipper, or usually SDTM. My machine is perfectly level side to side and at 6.5 degrees vertically so I have no idea how the ball is going like that for you.

6.5 degrees can play a role, as well as the ball guide position and rubber. My game is at about 7 degrees and I replaced my rubbers with titans. Most of the time my helipad rejects hit the top of the left flipper and occasionally the ball guide.

Not sure how old your game is but even just installing a new factory black rubber there can give the rejects more of a bounce towards the flipper as that rubber will get worn over time. You can even just rotate that rubber.

PXL_20240430_181943995 (resized).jpgPXL_20240430_181943995 (resized).jpg
#21367 20 days ago

that red 30th edition JP Looks so amazing i wish i could afford it; but assuming it has the same features as the pre im stoked with my pro; i got the helicopter mod it was the only mod i wanted that wasnt on the pro that the PRE had; didnt care for raptor gate or moving trex for the price difference.

thats just me

#21368 20 days ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

6.5 degrees can play a role, as well as the ball guide position and rubber. My game is at about 7 degrees and I replaced my rubbers with titans. Most of the time my helipad rejects hit the top of the left flipper and occasionally the ball guide.
Not sure how old your game is but even just installing a new factory black rubber there can give the rejects more of a bounce towards the flipper as that rubber will get worn over time. You can even just rotate that rubber.
[quoted image]

My machine is from September last year. I have replaced that rubber with a Titan, but it never bounces off it hard enough to go all the way over to mid-left flipper. Your 7 degree incline may be why.

#21369 19 days ago

to fix the ball getting stuck on top near t rex i pushed the rails all the way right and tightened and for like 1 minute held up the habitrail in the left middle and right and problem solved; to fix the problem with ball getting stuck on right side pop i just put 2 very small clear silicone balls and it stops the ball from going up there;;

so ive had the game for a few weeks now and with its reputation was intimidated by how "hard " it is;

the first week was brutal i had to set it to 10 balls and was getting shit scores; but now i dont think the game is that hard really just a good challenge i have it set back to 3 balls im a beginner player and im hitting around couple hundred million each game and its satisfying; hardest shot is the right helipad and right orbit for me

#21370 19 days ago

This post reminds me we still have a few of the "behind the raptor" ball catch fixer upper plastics available in the store, probably won't make any/many more after this, demand seems to have dwindled and I don't own JP anymore so there's that lol

#21371 19 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Raptor Pit probably makes the most sense, maybe with a screen that shows what percentage it’s at.

Besides that the visitor’s center in the back of the playfield that spells MAP is used all the time and is pretty bare bones for how important it is.

I also feel like the control room is completely hidden. I’d give up my barbasol can for something useful and attractive there.

Finally the Raptor tower has a lot of simple mods out there, I’m sure you could do something really cool with that. P

#21372 19 days ago

so im a newer player had the game 2 weeks and there 2 things ive noticed about JP

its either you hit every shot or a brick fest.

#21373 19 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

so im a newer player had the game 2 weeks and there 2 things ive noticed about JP
its either you hit every shot or a brick fest.

Maybe...but on my table the bricks aren't overly punishing. JP can be difficult but I don't think it's a cruel drain monster.

#21374 18 days ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Maybe...but on my table the bricks aren't overly punishing. JP can be difficult but I don't think it's a cruel drain monster.

Yes, this. What sets Jurassic apart as the GOAT machine is that misses don't kill you. Unlike every other Elwin, there's not a lot of rebound paths towards the outlanes, so you get a fair chance to manage and save just about everything. Particularly rollbacks from the control room and heli ramp almost always go to the flippers. Even truck rebounds usually don't hurt, there's enough space for it to bounce around up there and not down where it's dangerous. (The exception is the raptor pen wall on the premium, which does rebound towards the outlanes, but I own and prefer the Pro anyway.) And even in the software, draining usually doesn't hurt you much, it doesn't end your paddock, at most you miss out on a control room or t-rex fossil, but you can even make that back up with the wildcards.

#21375 18 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Would love to see an up-to-date take on this:

#21376 18 days ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

Raptor Pit probably makes the most sense, maybe with a screen that shows what percentage it’s at.
Besides that the visitor’s center in the back of the playfield that spells MAP is used all the time and is pretty bare bones for how important it is.
I also feel like the control room is completely hidden. I’d give up my barbasol can for something useful and attractive there.
Finally the Raptor tower has a lot of simple mods out there, I’m sure you could do something really cool with that. P

I also agree with all of this

#21377 17 days ago

Finally cracked a billion! Thought it'd never happen. Did it on the strength of T-Rex, Raptor and Chaos multiballs. Only caught 2 dinos (still working on that skill set). But finally "broke through." Feels good!

One question though. This game seems to bounce quite a bit to the left outlane. Drives me nuts. I’ve been hesitant to adjust the adjustable pin on the entry to that outlane that makes it more narrow (wanted to keep my table regulation), but have others noticed this or is it just me?

#21378 17 days ago

Finished version 1 of my homemade topper. I say version 1 cause I might decide later to get actual model trees and a 3d printed gate from off Etsy but I’m really happy how this one turned out. Uses same mounting holes as the Stern topper.

Cost about $150 for everything (laminate base, plexi, L channel, vinyl image, trex and car set, and Govee M1 lights (small segments to light up everything where i want

IMG_5025 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpeg
#21379 17 days ago
Quoted from Hipgnosis:

Finally cracked a billion! Thought it'd never happen. Did it on the strength of T-Rex, Raptor and Chaos multiballs. Only caught 2 dinos (still working on that skill set). But finally "broke through." Feels good!
One question though. This game seems to bounce quite a bit to the left outlane. Drives me nuts. I’ve been hesitant to adjust the adjustable pin on the entry to that outlane that makes it more narrow (wanted to keep my table regulation), but have others noticed this or is it just me?

Not just you. I adjusted both outlanes and I still get a bunch of outlane drains.

#21380 17 days ago
Quoted from jlcpremier:

Finished version 1 of my homemade topper. I say version 1 cause I might decide later to get actual model trees and a 3d printed gate from off Etsy but I’m really happy how this one turned out. Uses same mounting holes as the Stern topper.
Cost about $150 for everything (laminate base, plexi, L channel, vinyl image, trex and car set, and Govee M1 lights (small segments to light up everything where i want
[quoted image]

I think we used the same T Rex. I used epoxy to glue a ball into his mouth. Doesn't perfectly fit the situation (I also have him chasing a car) but I think it's cool.

#21381 17 days ago
Quoted from Hipgnosis:

This game seems to bounce quite a bit to the left outlane.

It does but once you get the hang of lighting the escape save on the left outlane it takes the sting out of that hungry side. Anytime the ball exists the pops try to hit the left target (Lite Escape) as it’s flashing to light the ball save on the left out lane.

#21383 13 days ago

Great....SPAM.....

#21384 13 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Great....SPAM.....

I disagree. I have some Geeky Jerseys and they're great. Jaws, Big Lebowski, Jurassic Park, Stranger Things themes. What's the harm in making one post about a product that's directly related to Jurassic Park, and it's fun to wear to pinball events?

It's just one post, and I don't see any difference between this post and people posting about mods for sale.

#21385 13 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I disagree. I have some Geeky Jerseys and they're great. Jaws, Big Lebowski, Jurassic Park, Stranger Things themes. What's the harm in making one post about a product that's directly related to Jurassic Park, and it's fun to wear to pinball events?
It's just one post, and I don't see any difference between this post and people posting about mods for sale.

There is a whole section to post for sale items.... and since the post is gone.... dont matter..

#21386 12 days ago

Hey all, I received my replacement T-Rex main assembly today and it doesn't look too complicated. I am just having a little trouble removing the old one. I will try and get some decent pictures to add here. (The second image is from an older post that pulled another piece out to replace. I am trying to just remove the assembly. My circle is the blue one))

eryreyeryery (resized).pngeryreyeryery (resized).pngjp (resized).pngjp (resized).png
#21387 12 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

Hey all, I received my replacement T-Rex main assembly today and it doesn't look too complicated. I am just having a little trouble removing the old one. I will try and get some decent pictures to add here. (The second image is from an older post that pulled another piece out to replace. I am trying to just remove the assembly. My circle is the blue one))
[quoted image][quoted image]

Having done this a few times before you just remove the four bolts at the top of your picture marked in red and then remove an e clip from the swing arm near where you circled in blue. It's at the end of the part marked #14 in the manual photo. Disconnect all the connectors first and then it will come right out .

#21388 12 days ago

You did this more than a few times I think lol.

Quoted from AMartin56:Having done this a few times before you just remove the four bolts at the top of your picture marked in red and then remove an e clip from the swing arm near where you circled in blue. It's at the end of the part marked #14 in the manual photo. Disconnect all the connectors first and then it will come right out .

#21389 11 days ago

Just wondering what color spring people have on their shooter rod. Ball keeps getting wedged between the ramp and side rail. I think the spring is too strong.

#21390 11 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Just wondering what color spring people have on their shooter rod. Ball keeps getting wedged between the ramp and side rail. I think the spring is too strong.

Green is stock. Red (next level up) comes on the official amber shooter. Have a photo of what’s happening?

#21391 10 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

You did this more than a few times I think lol.

Yeah...it was definitely more than once!

#21392 10 days ago

I’ve noticed occasionally on my Pro that shots up the left ramp don’t register. Pulled the playfield out and didn’t see a typical switch gate on the ramp, but did notice what looks to be a laser sensor to record the ball passing through.

Did a search on here and looks like this is a known issue. Was reading some people are using black tape and others are doing something with spacers. Does anyone have pictures of these fixes they can share?

#21393 10 days ago
Quoted from jlcpremier:

I’ve noticed occasionally on my Pro that shots up the left ramp don’t register. Pulled the playfield out and didn’t see a typical switch gate on the ramp, but did notice what looks to be a laser sensor to record the ball passing through.
Did a search on here and looks like this is a known issue. Was reading some people are using black tape and others are doing something with spacers. Does anyone have pictures of these fixes they can share?

Here’s where I posted pics of both the orbit and ramp entrance tape fix on mine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/65#post-5328626

#21394 10 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It really is quite easy. It's daugnting at first glance because it's an expensive module and some many things *COULD* go wrong, but its really very easy. 4 screws, an arm C-clamp and then some in-line connectors. The whole thing slides up and out for maintenace.

NOTE1: When you RE-ATTACH THE CABLES, make sure you align them correctly, not backwards, and not shifting by one pin.
NOTE2: This is easiest to do with the back of the playfield lifted out of the cabinet.
NOTE3: Enjoy!

#21395 10 days ago

Hey all,

I’ve had my JP Prem for about a year now, bought it NIB from the same dealer that bought my P3 Weird Al LE so kind of a trade in.

It’s become one of my favorite games, and my son and his friends are obsessed. I’ve got 15 pins here to choose from, and all they want to play is JP, hah.

I run two tournaments a month out of my house, so I get to meet new pinball people all the time.

Last month, a guy showed up to my place for the first time, and he came bearing a gift for me! Turns out the guy I sort of knew as Brian has a mod shop here on Pinside. Pinbawlers. And he brought me some Pinbawlers armor for my JP!

Check it out. I dig it! Installation was really easy. I put lollipop rails on my TSPP, and this was much less involved.

Brian is totally open to custom requests too. I have a Godzilla that is a Memorial machine that I bought from the family of a friend that passed away. Brian is making me some custom speaker lights and covers that have my friends name and dates.

Anyway! I think that was a super cool thing to do, so here I am posting about it. Check out the Pinbawlers shop, Brian is a good dude!

IMG_5294 (resized).jpegIMG_5294 (resized).jpegIMG_5295 (resized).jpegIMG_5295 (resized).jpeg
#21396 10 days ago

I have both and I’m sorry Jurassic Park pro is way hotter than Godzilla. I’m totally bored of Godzilla Jurassic. Jurassic Park is exciting challenging and different every time I love it. High score of 500 million so far with three balls

#21397 10 days ago
Quoted from Oz314:

Hey all,
I’ve had my JP Prem for about a year now, bought it NIB from the same dealer that bought my P3 Weird Al LE so kind of a trade in.
It’s become one of my favorite games, and my son and his friends are obsessed. I’ve got 15 pins here to choose from, and all they want to play is JP, hah.
I run two tournaments a month out of my house, so I get to meet new pinball people all the time.
Last month, a guy showed up to my place for the first time, and he came bearing a gift for me! Turns out the guy I sort of knew as Brian has a mod shop here on Pinside. Pinbawlers. And he brought me some Pinbawlers armor for my JP!
Check it out. I dig it! Installation was really easy. I put lollipop rails on my TSPP, and this was much less involved.
Brian is totally open to custom requests too. I have a Godzilla that is a Memorial machine that I bought from the family of a friend that passed away. Brian is making me some custom speaker lights and covers that have my friends name and dates.
Anyway! I think that was a super cool thing to do, so here I am posting about it. Check out the Pinbawlers shop, Brian is a good dude![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Thank you for sharing

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I have both and I’m sorry Jurassic Park pro is way hotter than Godzilla. I’m totally bored of Godzilla Jurassic. Jurassic Park is exciting challenging and different every time I love it. High score of 500 million so far with three balls

Ever since the Godzilla hype started I’ve wanted to get into Godzilla, but it just doesn’t grab me like Jurassic Park does. Godzilla is fun, like all pinball is fun, but it’s not let’s spend $9.5K and bring it home fun. I think what’s best about Godzilla is the stumblor mods and how perfect they are for that game.

This is why Jurassic Park needs some stumblor love, to take JP up another notch

Electric fencing, lots of LEDs?

#21398 10 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Looks great! Thank you for sharing

Ever since the Godzilla hype started I’ve wanted to get into Godzilla, but it just doesn’t grab me like Jurassic Park does. Godzilla is fun, like all pinball is fun, but it’s not let’s spend $9.5K and bring it home fun. I think what’s best about Godzilla is the stumblor mods and how perfect they are for that game.
This is why Jurassic Park needs some stumblor love, to take JP up another notch
Electric fencing, lots of LEDs?

That's just a perfect compliment, thanks so much for saying so. Elwin probably had a smidge to do with it also

On the hunt for a JP. Stay tuned.

#21399 10 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I traded GZ for JP and no regrets. GZ is a fun game but JP is perfection. It has a sharper and more focused game design and from that comes all the right tension and reward at the right times.

#21400 9 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

That's just a perfect compliment, thanks so much for saying so. Elwin probably had a smidge to do with it also
On the hunt for a JP. Stay tuned.

Oh boy oh boy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Delray Beach, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
13,200 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 21,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 428 of 430.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/428 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.