(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,328 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 427.
#14951 1 year ago
Quoted from ELTANK01982:

I'm buying some Titans from Europe, so I guess just the standard given these options? [quoted image]

For reference you can see my kit here (Chris Z.) | https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5738

#14952 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Lots of post rubber suppliers, in many colors, straight and tapered, but the original Stern part is black, part number 545-5308-00
Pinballlife and others sell them for under a buck each.

I ordered these recently from pinball life because I thought that’s where I got my last batch but they were different. The factory stern posts and my last batch I ordered are kind of more hard plastic than rubber and last forever, these were just black rubber. Anyone know where to get the more plasticy ones?

#14953 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I ordered these recently from pinball life because I thought that’s where I got my last batch but they were different. The factory stern posts and my last batch I ordered are kind of more hard plastic than rubber and last forever, these were just black rubber. Anyone know where to get the more plasticy ones?

The superbands brand sleeves from pinball life last forever.

#14954 1 year ago

Looking into buying a premium soon. Are the newer runs of this game still marred with the documented T-Rex issues? it will be a location game. Thanks

#14955 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I'd recommend getting rid of the hard plastic ones. The hardness soaks up less impact force from the ball, transferring more stress per impact to the post and playfield. Titan posts work great, and Superbands posts are a bit firmer than Titan, but softer than original.

#14956 1 year ago

Perfect, thank you very much!

#14957 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

the conclusion is they are attempting to find the best surface adhesion that won’t lift or pool and has some resilience to the ball dings that happen when steel hits wood.

I think you're giving them way too much credit on this, basic observation across multiple games and threads would suggest that they are just taking whatever they can slap in a machine and selling it without any real QC on playfields other than a very basic eyeball for major warping, they let a lot of warped playfields go through 'within factory spec' and thinner coatings in more recent builds are probably just another corner to cut not a major long term experiment or strategy.

#14958 1 year ago

Price question... How much does a new JP Pro playfield (unpopulated of course) typically go for? I'm thinking of selling my Keith Elwin autographed wall art. Out of space. I don't normally ask pricing questions but it's something I haven't seen (newer Stern pf's for sale). Really have no clue.

#14959 1 year ago

Hey guys, need some opinions! Thinking about joining the club! Right now I got a GZ Pro and a Mando Pro. Will sell the Mando, because I only have space for 2 pins. Now I have to decide between a JP-Pro and a StarWars-Pro. I love both themes, but the theme of StarWars much more to be honest. Played both on location, just for about 10 games each (next JP is about 2hours drive, next SW about 3hours in different directions), so I can´t drive there to play them again and again.
What do you guys think is the better pin and why? Especially for a long term? And with a GZ-Pro next to it.

Thank you guys! (And yes, I will post the same on the SW-Thread for comparison)
Chris

#14960 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone have an idea what a Tilt Topper is realistically going for these days? Thanks!

Sold mine for 400...may be more now.

#14961 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Hey guys, need some opinions! Thinking about joining the club! Right now I got a GZ Pro and a Mando Pro. Will sell the Mando, because I only have space for 2 pins. Now I have to decide between a JP-Pro and a StarWars-Pro. I love both themes, but the theme of StarWars much more to be honest. Played both on location, just for about 10 games each (next JP is about 2hours drive, next SW about 3hours in different directions), so I can´t drive there to play them again and again.
What do you guys think is the better pin and why? Especially for a long term? And with a GZ-Pro next to it.
Chris

While we and the SW owners can give you our opinions, it's really up to you as to what you like/want. Also even though you've played both games, the one you buy may actually play quite different (aka have a different feel to it) compared to the one you've put 10 games on. So you need to be comfortable with what you are buying - if you're into the theme (I'm a theme based guy) and you prefer SW, then I'd say it's a no-brainer as the Star Wars theme will never get old. Personally I think that JP is better given the shot layout and gameplay, I also prefer the LE/Prem due to the raptor gate and T-Rex animatronics but that's just me

#14962 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

While we and the SW owners can give you our opinions, it's really up to you as to what you like/want. Also even though you've played both games, the one you buy may actually play quite different (aka have a different feel to it) compared to the one you've put 10 games on. So you need to be comfortable with what you are buying - if you're into the theme (I'm a theme based guy) and you prefer SW, then I'd say it's a no-brainer as the Star Wars theme will never get old. Personally I think that JP is better given the shot layout and gameplay, I also prefer the LE/Prem due to the raptor gate and T-Rex animatronics but that's just me

Thanks for your answer! Of course it´s up to me, but with only a couple of games on each I just started one or two missions and multiballs, but didn´t see much of the code / the complexity of each game. And the long time motivation. So I hoped, that somebody here maybe own both games or played both. The problem with my Mando is that it plays nearly the same every game and once you have reached the final WM motivation of playing again is quite lacking.
I liked the shooting style of SW and JP both. I more like a flowing gameplay than fancy animatronics, so the pro on both would be my way to go.

#14963 1 year ago

Good morning Chris,

I am fairly new to this latest generation of pins. I have had an old Devils Dare for 20 years but new to this gen of games. Amazing what a story line can add to game enjoyment.

I have both a JP Pro and SW prem. I have bought both sight-unseen and within the last few months. I bought the JP based on all of the positive feedback i read and I bought the SW based on my love of the theme (original 3 movies). I bought the JP Pro over Prem because of costs and my perception that the Pro had "almost everything" the prem did. I added the "Trex Alive!" mod and it does add a bit of animation to the game. I bought the SW prem because I had to have the hyperloop and wireframes and just resigned myselft to spend the extra money for it.

I thoroughly enjoy both games, but in my humble opinion, the JP gameplay and rules are just the best. The entire progressive flow of the game is really enjoyable. The game flows so well and as I've learned more about the rules, it is just getting more and more fun and challenging. As a relative "newby" it is taking me a while to get decent at either one of them. But when I walk in the room and turn both games on, i find myself drawn to JP just to try to get to one more paddock or up my high score just a bit more. I still play SW quite a bit too and am really enjoying it. I got it about 1 1/2 months after JP and so am a bit behind in skill and rules knowledge.

So I guess after taking way too long to get to the point, I'd buy both! All you need to do is either build a bigger room (or house) or add an addition to your house for both. It will be worth it, i promise . But in all seriousness, if I could only have one with no way to get both, I'd probably barely choose JP over SW. But it would be a very tough decision.

Also I do not have, nor have ever played, a GZ. I read in a reply in your SW forum post that someone said the JP and GZ play is similar. Since you have a GZ already, that might be a nudge to get the SW instead. Just can't comment on that scenario.

Chris

#14964 1 year ago

I will also say, as an owner of GZ and JP, JP is so much harder. Like games don’t last nearly as long and rejects are so much more punishing. the shots to the righty power play field are harder than anything in GZ too.

Those are the only 2 pins I own and have ever owned. Never played SW but just wanted to let you know, compared to a title you have, how much harder it is.

#14965 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Chris

I just had a SW prem at the house for about 1.5 months. Certainly didn’t see all the code, but I’ve seen the bulk of it. I haven’t spent has much time on JP, but we had one on location and a friend of mine owned a pro for a while. My vote would be hands down JP. They both have great code, both very deep rule sets. But personally I find JP much more enjoyable to shoot. To the point, after my friend sold his I was missing it so much I put down a deposit for one in May this year (full disclosure). My gf says SW is her favorite game of all time, but I just got bored shooting it over the last month we rented it.

#14966 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

But personally I find JP much more enjoyable to shoot.

The code in JP having to advance the paddocks and increase the rescues somehow prevent it from feeling repetitive to me. Add in the challenging mb's, plus the side modes and smart missiles and it just excels from there.

It's such a good game because the rules keep you engaged without any tedious build-up before it gets good.

#14967 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingfish:

Good morning Chris,
I am fairly new to this latest generation of pins. I have had an old Devils Dare for 20 years but new to this gen of games. Amazing what a story line can add to game enjoyment.
I have both a JP Pro and SW prem. I have bought both sight-unseen and within the last few months. I bought the JP based on all of the positive feedback i read and I bought the SW based on my love of the theme (original 3 movies). I bought the JP Pro over Prem because of costs and my perception that the Pro had "almost everything" the prem did. I added the "Trex Alive!" mod and it does add a bit of animation to the game. I bought the SW prem because I had to have the hyperloop and wireframes and just resigned myselft to spend the extra money for it.
I thoroughly enjoy both games, but in my humble opinion, the JP gameplay and rules are just the best. The entire progressive flow of the game is really enjoyable. The game flows so well and as I've learned more about the rules, it is just getting more and more fun and challenging. As a relative "newby" it is taking me a while to get decent at either one of them. But when I walk in the room and turn both games on, i find myself drawn to JP just to try to get to one more paddock or up my high score just a bit more. I still play SW quite a bit too and am really enjoying it. I got it about 1 1/2 months after JP and so am a bit behind in skill and rules knowledge.
So I guess after taking way too long to get to the point, I'd buy both! All you need to do is either build a bigger room (or house) or add an addition to your house for both. It will be worth it, i promise . But in all seriousness, if I could only have one with no way to get both, I'd probably barely choose JP over SW. But it would be a very tough decision.
Also I do not have, nor have ever played, a GZ. I read in a reply in your SW forum post that someone said the JP and GZ play is similar. Since you have a GZ already, that might be a nudge to get the SW instead. Just can't comment on that scenario.
Chris

I also have both, but literally just brought in JP pro last night.

SW is a good game - it flows well and the shots all feel pretty wide (except the death star shot). The focus of that game is really about maximizing the multiplier. It becomes really challenging to keep the multiplier going, and moving it to the best shot. Really it's as challenging as you want to make it. If you just want to progress through the modes/multiballs you can completely ignore the multiplier element. If you really want to maximize your score, you're going to be on your toes trying to use that center button and risking drains.

I can't speak too much to JP Pro at the moment, but it definitely has a more unique set of shots. I feel really good about having them next to each other in my collection, I think they're great compliments.

#14968 1 year ago

Playing last nite and had an interesting spot for the ball to get stuck. Too bad no achievement for that.

1460EC4C-62DE-4FF8-9BB4-5C1D022BAB20 (resized).jpeg1460EC4C-62DE-4FF8-9BB4-5C1D022BAB20 (resized).jpeg7D70405F-BD40-4037-9E73-1B26F10532CA (resized).jpeg7D70405F-BD40-4037-9E73-1B26F10532CA (resized).jpeg
#14969 1 year ago

Thank you all for your answers. Just as expected are more on the "Go get the JP side" and the SW guys on the other. But anyway good to here some opinions, especially from you who own both of them. I´m slighty tending to the JP, just because of the variety of shots and the PF that seems to be a little bit more open, but still not sure about it.

#14970 1 year ago

Is this shot a feature on all games? What am I seeing? LOL

Jack Danger makes a shot that seems to go through the raptor pen, and out the control room. I have never had that happen and it doesn't seem possible on my pin. Shot happens at 23:25 of the stream below. Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching for the answer and found nothing. I have a premium FYI.

#14971 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Is this shot a feature on all games? What am I seeing? LOL
Jack Danger makes a shot that seems to go through the raptor pen, and out the control room. I have never had that happen and it doesn't seem possible on my pin. Shot happens at 23:25 of the stream below. Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching for the answer and found nothing.

That is a pro. I'm guessing you have a premium.

#14972 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

That is a pro. I'm guessing you have a premium.

Thanks I didn't realize. That loop through the pen is a great shot! I am kinda jealous of that. The ball coming from the control room is a lot easier to get under control I think.

#14973 1 year ago

Everybody that talks pro premium says it’s the raptor pen on the premium that is worth the extra money not the trex so much! From what I can tell.

#14974 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Thanks I didn't realize. That loop through the pen is a great shot! I am kinda jealous of that. The ball coming from the control room is a lot easier to get under control I think.

The LE/Prem has the raptor gate (and associate up-post in the raptor pen) that traps the ball and makes it a kinetic ball. The Pro doesn't have this mech, rather it has a one way gate up in the middle of the raptor pen, such that if you hit the target at the back of the pen (which is behind the one-way gate) then the ball has to return via the side exit into the control room lane.

#14975 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Everybody that talks pro premium says it’s the raptor pen on the premium that is worth the extra money not the trex so much! From what I can tell.

For me the T-rex makes the game. One of the best if not the best mech out there. Crazy how much the premium is better than the pro to me and my family. My friend played a pro when we went to Tilt Studios and thought it was ok, but then played my premium and loved it.

#14976 1 year ago

Just joined the club.

Fun game / layout w/ a creative ruleset.

Looking forward to the journey!

D39BD682-E821-4B78-BD5C-9F8CA1C26AB5 (resized).jpegD39BD682-E821-4B78-BD5C-9F8CA1C26AB5 (resized).jpeg
#14977 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

For me the T-rex makes the game. One of the best if not the best mech out there. Crazy how much the premium is better than the pro to me and my family. My friend played a pro when we went to Tilt Studios and thought it was ok, but then played my premium and loved it.

Funny I find them just the opposite

#14978 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I think the trex gets really repetitive, but it's a cool mech.

#14979 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Thanks for your answer! Of course it´s up to me, but with only a couple of games on each I just started one or two missions and multiballs, but didn´t see much of the code / the complexity of each game. And the long time motivation. So I hoped, that somebody here maybe own both games or played both. The problem with my Mando is that it plays nearly the same every game and once you have reached the final WM motivation of playing again is quite lacking.
I liked the shooting style of SW and JP both. I more like a flowing gameplay than fancy animatronics, so the pro on both would be my way to go.

I have both and love them both. But consider this: JP is more fun all around and better for the casual player. SW is one of the hardest games I've ever played and can be an exercise in frustration. But when you blow that game up (like getting four balls in the hyperloop), there's not much of a bigger rush in pinball. Really tough to get anything going unless you're incredible at pinball. (If you get SW you MUST get a premium/LE for the hyperloop...it makes a huge difference.) JP has a lot more shots and while still quite challenging is more approachable for most people. And kids love dinosaurs!

I agree with the above post: if you can play them both and then decide, that's the best way to go.

#14980 1 year ago

Those of you who have changed the outlane posts with something like this...

https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

Which posts did you change? Just the upper ones on each side, for a total of 2? And do they fit properly there? It looks like it would be a bit tight.

Or did you change the bottom ones on each side too?

If I were to order the posts/rubber/washer separately than that kit there (from titan so i can get matching rubbers with what I have now), will I be able to use the same screw holding the current post in there or do I need to order some screws too?

I'm thinking of doing this just so I can have more fun and get less of these damn outlane drains. Going back to JP after GZ is tough and super frustrating lol.

#14981 1 year ago

Hi guys, I'm renting a premium for 2 months and the back left ramp exit opto switch is buggy. Works sometimes, but mostly not. I've checked the solder, the beam alignment and in the switch test it works pretty much perfectly. I've checked the plugs, everything seems to be in order. Anything else I should look for?

#14982 1 year ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Hi guys, I'm renting a premium for 2 months and the back left ramp exit opto switch is buggy. Works sometimes, but mostly not. I've checked the solder, the beam alignment and in the switch test it works pretty much perfectly. I've checked the plugs, everything seems to be in order. Anything else I should look for?

Search this thread for “tape” there is some way to put tape partially covering something that fixes the issue. I have never had it but I recall reading that a few times in here.

#14983 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Search this thread for “tape” there is some way to put tape partially covering something that fixes the issue. I have never had it but I recall reading that a few times in here.

Thank you! ❤️

#14984 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I think the trex gets really repetitive, but it's a cool mech.

Not tired of it yet

Especially after my daughter painted it.

15902A27-7935-4B9D-A4E6-76CB610384BD (resized).jpeg15902A27-7935-4B9D-A4E6-76CB610384BD (resized).jpegA5BE781B-4F8B-48A9-BF35-88844C4DDD21 (resized).jpegA5BE781B-4F8B-48A9-BF35-88844C4DDD21 (resized).jpeg
#14985 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Take the plastic spacers between the ramp and the ramp cover in the back out. What is happening is the ball is getting unseen air time and the opto beam is not always getting broken.

I had this exact issue, and once I took those spacers out, that opto has activated every ...single... time.

#14986 1 year ago

My helicopter spinner doesn't return to the "home" position (blade with screw+washers pointing towards the flippers) any more. I've taken it apart, cleaned, and reassembled many times with only minor improvement. The blades spin very smoothly, they just don't return to their neutral position. This last time I put a miniscule amount dry silicone lube, and it seemed to help a little.

Any other ideas or fixes?

#14987 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Those of you who have changed the outlane posts with something like this...
https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html
Which posts did you change? Just the upper ones on each side, for a total of 2? And do they fit properly there? It looks like it would be a bit tight.
Or did you change the bottom ones on each side too?
If I were to order the posts/rubber/washer separately than that kit there (from titan so i can get matching rubbers with what I have now), will I be able to use the same screw holding the current post in there or do I need to order some screws too?
I'm thinking of doing this just so I can have more fun and get less of these damn outlane drains. Going back to JP after GZ is tough and super frustrating lol.

Anyone have any input on this? After playing some over the weekend and getting so many drains directly to the outlane, I am ready to change the posts lol.

#14988 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have any input on this? After playing some over the weekend and getting so many drains directly to the outlane, I am ready to change the posts lol.

Are your posts already in the lowest spot? If not, start there.

You can also adjust the leaf switches on your slings so they are a bit less sensitive (JP is known for having sensitive slings)

If you've done those two things already...work on your nudging. You'll notice that certain areas of the playfield will send it don the outlane...when you see that about to happen, give an upward nudge.

and if all of that fails...get that post genie

#14989 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I did that mod a long time ago before the kit. JP is brutal for the casual player and while the star-post looks big it’s not a massive shift in gameplay. It’s your game, have fun with it.

#14990 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Buy the outlane posts you listed and fit them in the upper position, they fit well. I also put a slightly lager post on the lower side of the right in/out lane.
I didn't do the same for the left as that already has a ball save feature.

I feel this makes the game out lanes more normal, before they were brutal AF. I am generally not a fan of making games easier, but JP just isn't fair or fun at factory IMO.

#14991 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I did that mod a long time ago before the kit. JP is brutal for the casual player and while the star-post looks big it’s not a massive shift in gameplay. It’s your game, have fun with it.

Without that kit, did you just buy the star post, washer, and a rubber?

I am wondering if I need to get any new screws when replacing them, or if I can just use the existing screws that hold the current posts. I am assuming I can use the existing screws but if I need to order some new ones, I want to be sure I do that too.

#14992 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Man the majority of my drains are SDTM....... lol

#14993 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Without that kit, did you just buy the star post, washer, and a rubber?
I am wondering if I need to get any new screws when replacing them, or if I can just use the existing screws that hold the current posts. I am assuming I can use the existing screws but if I need to order some new ones, I want to be sure I do that too.

I did. Went to the hardware store for the screw. I had a spare star post, rubber ring and a locknut - the existing screw/post won’t work. You have to get a screw that goes through the playfield with enough threads for the locknut - I can’t remember the size and I’m not near my game - sorry, it was when the game first came out. The kit should tell you the length of the screw though.

B41C918C-B6D6-44D6-8F74-F04D4F022B73 (resized).jpegB41C918C-B6D6-44D6-8F74-F04D4F022B73 (resized).jpeg
#14994 1 year ago

This game went from my biggest "rage quitter" to regularly getting 150M minimum scores. How I did it...?

1. Bring the posts as far in as possible. As already discussed, game is a drain monster, especially the right outlane.

2. Get the cliffy carbon fiber ramp entrances. Don't care what anyone says, the ball gets up the inverted ramps a LOT more than with any configuration/types of screws.

3. Remove the tilt bob. Look, I'm not going to ANY major pinball tourneys anytime soon. Who gives a rat ass about the tilt bob. Make the game fun for YOU. If all you get is drains left ad right, the most fun theme in the world won't matter.

4. Nudging. Man, when that ball doesn't make the inverted tower ramp or the left loop around the T-Rex ramp, you better know the physics of the ball and its anticipated trajectory cause it IS headed near that outlane OR off the top right flipper and dangerously close to STDM. Nudging is so key on this game. I think Keith intentionally designs his games to where if you know how to nudge, it seriously keep a game alive.

I used to get SO angry after a bad game. Three balls not lasting more than 25M in some cases. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. But once I completed the steps above AND got used to hitting both ramps with decent consistency, the game goes from a cage to a full on park. A...Jurassic Park if you will!

#14995 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

This game went from my biggest "rage quitter" to regularly getting 150M minimum scores. How I did it...?
1. Bring the posts as far in as possible. As already discussed, game is a drain monster, especially the right outlane.

And when all else fails:

bfmdirty (7) (resized).JPGbfmdirty (7) (resized).JPG
#14996 1 year ago

Ouch! Whatever happened to the classic rubber bands over the outlanes?

Consider just updating the game to 5 ball if you want to see more of it.

#14997 1 year ago

I ended up ordering some star posts and mini posts as well. Going to play around with the configuration once I get em.

Also ordered some replacement coil stops/sleeves from pbl since everyone says the Stern ones are crap so I'll install those at the same time.

I haven't taken an actual measurement, but just eye balling em, the outlane gap on JP is noticeably larger than on GZ that sits right next to it.

#14998 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I ended up ordering some star posts and mini posts as well. Going to play around with the configuration once I get em.
Also ordered some replacement coil stops/sleeves from pbl since everyone says the Stern ones are crap so I'll install those at the same time.
I haven't taken an actual measurement, but just eye balling em, the outlane gap on JP is noticeably larger than on GZ that sits right next to it.

I don't have a JP but one thing that has improved my play on my Godzilla is the precision bushing from the Precision flipper kit for sale here on Pinside. At first I had the entire kit installed but I have recently switched the flipper bats out for the normal plastic bats but left the aluminum bushing in. Shots seem to have more power and more consistent. I've turned down stock power with stock plastic bats. Just another thing to consider if you're looking for options to have better shot making.

Cheers

#14999 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I don't have a JP but one thing that has improved my play on my Godzilla is the precision bushing from the Precision flipper kit for sale here on Pinside. At first I had the entire kit installed but I have recently switched the flipper bats out for the normal plastic bats but left the aluminum bushing in. Shots seem to have more power and more consistent. I've turned down stock power with stock plastic bats. Just another thing to consider if you're looking for options to have better shot making.
Cheers

Yeah it's not really the shot making that is the issue, some of them are still just hard AF especially the A and O shots.

I turned down the power on the flippers though due to suggestions in this thread and it helped with bricked shots being as punishing as they were before.

My only other pin is GZ Premium and it is just a much easier game to me. JP is so much harder. All of the top scores in GZ are over a billion and in JP, I've broken 500 million like 4-5 times total. My GC is around 789 million if I recall and my next highest one is like 580 million. Games in GZ last so much longer - I regularly have games lasting 30+ minutes. I've probably never had a game over 15 minutes in JP lol. It's just a much harder game and a lot of it is due to the outlanes, at least for me.

Like even the other day I was playing and literally I had a ball go down the left inlane like 75%, then it bounced right out to the outlane and drained. That shit happens ALL THE TIME! It happened 3x in one play session of like 5 games lol.

And then sometimes when I see it about to do that, I try to nudge, and it just goes to the right outlane due to me nudging.

Game is just punishing as hell.

#15000 1 year ago

Hi. I am not technical so can anyone help explain what I need to do as I keep getting a service message telling me switch 17 trough 4 isn't working. The game seems to work fine but I don't know what it means.

When I find that switch on the switch test menu it says Out of Service bit I seem to be able to switch it back to In Service. Then the message comes back later

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.