(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,279 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 426.
#16251 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

yes. Cointaker sells it for 600$ (pre-order). Or buy from ebay douchebags for $2k lol

That's the Stern topper they are taking deposits on.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

yes. Cointaker sells it for 600$ (pre-order). Or buy from ebay douchebags for $2k lol

I don't think so but you can contact Tilt and ask if they are doing another run.

#16252 1 year ago

We need to ask Stern and Keith to add Coop mode to JP! It would make an amazing game even better.

I sent them an email request, everyone here should too!

#16253 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

We need to ask Stern and Keith to add Coop mode to JP! It would make an amazing game even better.
I sent them an email request, everyone here should too!

A lot of us were keen for this a few years ago and Keith implied in post that he like to see it as well, however with the release on Inside Connected I doubt that we'd ever now see team or co-op mode introduced (there has been several code versions released since Keith's post, all of which have been primarily focused on IC capability). There's certainly no harm in asking again though

#16254 1 year ago

Hello all, I'm not yet an owner (have had my July pre-order in since January) but today I started designing mods that I will put on my own game.

I figured I'd put out this first mod in case anyone also wants one.

"T-Rex", easy install, screwless wear protectors textured to match the default Stern rails as much as possible.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08126--flipper-button-wear-protectors-2-for-jurassic-park

I've been making these for my own games starting with RUSH as I'm tired of buying those single piece rails with wear protector and mostly removing the old ones and installing the new ones and realized this is way easier, cheaper and adds some art flair

anyway thanks for looking and hope you guys are enjoying your JP.

-brian

bon2 (resized).JPGbon2 (resized).JPGbond (resized).JPGbond (resized).JPGjp-wear (resized).jpgjp-wear (resized).jpg
#16255 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Hello all, I'm not yet an owner (have had my July pre-order in since January) but today I started designing mods that I will put on my own game.
"T-Rex", easy install, screwless wear protectors textured to match the default Stern rails as much as possible.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08126--flipper-button-wear-protectors-2-for-jurassic-park
I've been making these for my own games starting with RUSH as I'm tired of buying those single piece rails with wear protector and mostly removing the old ones and installing the new ones and realized this is way easier, cheaper and adds some art flair
-brian
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from brzezicki:

-brian
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi do you ship to the UK and if so what would be Postage costs? Thanks

#16256 1 year ago

Am I reading the TilfForums rules right that you need 43 O shots in one game or 34 with triceratops in order to start Goat Mania? That seems harder than some of the wizard modes lol

#16257 1 year ago

With the topper on a pro, I found that goat mania shots carry over from game to game. Eventually, you get the goat mania mode.

#16258 1 year ago

Hi everyone! Had a premium 2 years ago and regret selling it. Since the price jump I can only afford a pro now. What’s a fair price for an huo low plays with some mods? Will I have a tough time owning the pro since I’ve had a premium? Thanks in advance!

#16259 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

Hi do you ship to the UK and if so what would be Postage costs? Thanks

Hi I will ship to the UK, I'm not sure what the prices are as that's all figured out by the pinside system
but if you go through the process

that should tell you the exact costs before purchase, and , you can cancel the order before finishing the steps if it's too costly to ship (if you go all the way through and it's too pricey, just message me and I"ll reject the order) . I"d imagine it would be something like $20 but don't know offhand.

#16260 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hi everyone! Had a premium 2 years ago and regret selling it. Since the price jump I can only afford a pro now. What’s a fair price for an huo low plays with some mods? Will I have a tough time owning the pro since I’ve had a premium? Thanks in advance!

No tough time
I prefer the pro!

#16261 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Sell that CCR. Problem solved!!

#16262 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sell that CCR. Problem solved!!

Haha! Never. Love that game

#16263 1 year ago

So, what’s a fair price on a pro?

#16264 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

So, what’s a fair price on a pro?

7k seems like a good starting place based on current sale ads

#16265 1 year ago

Hi all, I've just joined the club with a really nice pro which has come loaded with lots of mods.

One of these mods is the movie code which I think really sets the game apart. The previous owner did not have insider installed on the game. I added an insider kit as the first thing as I had one going spare.

The game currently is on 1.5 code and insider started downloading the latest which appears to be 1.7 which I stopped - if the game downloads new code will it replace all the movie code display/sounds back to Stern ones? Or can I download the new code with no issues?

Thanks all.

#16266 1 year ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Hi all, I've just joined the club with a really nice pro which has come loaded with lots of mods.
One of these mods is the movie code which I think really sets the game apart. The previous owner did not have insider installed on the game. I added an insider kit as the first thing as I had one going spare.
The game currently is on 1.5 code and insider started downloading the latest which appears to be 1.7 which I stopped - if the game downloads new code will it replace all the movie code display/sounds back to Stern ones? Or can I download the new code with no issues?
Thanks all.

The movie code is a clone of the same version Stern code, and you can only have one or the other. If you upgrade to any version Stern code, then you will lose the movie code.

#16267 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The movie code is a clone of the same version Stern code, and you can only have one or the other. If you upgrade to any version Stern code, then you will lose the movie code.

Thanks, I guess it's sitting at 1.5 then for the rest of its life! I've set insider not to auto update so it shouldn't update itself.

#16268 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think the last movie code was based on 1.05 Stern code... not the latest 1.07

#16269 1 year ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Thanks, I guess it's sitting at 1.5 then for the rest of its life!

Welcome to the club.

#16270 1 year ago

Does anyone want to buy a complete premium trex assembly? 1k? Pm me

#16271 1 year ago

TRex paddock, trap is set, helipad ready, ball cradled on the left flipper, TRex roaming towards the left ramp, moves into position, hit the helipad clean, here it comes capture and extra ball ready to go…shoot late hit post drain game over

#16272 1 year ago

Part query.
Hi everyone,

There is a post screw that screws down into the upper portion of the left outline post. For reference this specific post may be adjusted for difficulty (post can be placed in any one of the three holes to adjust outlane size/difficulty).

I stripped the screw that helps secure this post while adjusting and would like to get a spare.

Anyone know the part number for this screw or the specs???

I’m having trouble accessing the screw on mine to inspect again due to the stripping so I would like to purchase a new one before taking this one out.

Thank you!
JProcks.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16273 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Part query.
Hi everyone,
There is a post screw that screws down into the upper portion of the left outline post. For reference this specific post may be adjusted for difficulty (post can be placed in any one of the three holes to adjust outlane size/difficulty).
I stripped the screw that helps secure this post while adjusting and would like to get a spare.
Anyone know the part number for this screw or the specs???
I’m having trouble accessing the screw on mine to inspect again due to the stripping so I would like to purchase a new one before taking this one out.
Thank you!
JProcks.
[quoted image]

Are you sure the screw is stripped? Have you lifted the playfield to inspect the locknut underneath?

I'm pretty sure that's just a #6-32 machine screw. Not sure of the length but you can take it with you and match it up at any local hardware store.

#16274 1 year ago

Hey everyone, just got a JP Premium (2022 build with IC) to round out the Elwin collection, and had a couple of questions on adjustments:
-The right orbit (the O in chaos) doesn't seem to register consistently. It does in test, but not always in games. Is that looking for the enter, exit, or both optos? Might just have to move them a little to see if there's something misaligned. Is this a common problem-couldn't turn up anything in search. Also seems to go around there very fast, so not sure if it's a speed issue too.
-The motor on the T-Rex seems a lot louder than in other JPs I've played. That could just be a function of being the only game being played at the time vs a louder gameroom elsewhere, but wondering if anyone has used lithium grease on it to keep it quiet.

#16275 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Hey everyone, just got a JP Premium (2022 build with IC) to round out the Elwin collection, and had a couple of questions on adjustments:
-The right orbit (the O in chaos) doesn't seem to register consistently. It does in test, but not always in games. Is that looking for the enter, exit, or both optos? Might just have to move them a little to see if there's something misaligned. Is this a common problem-couldn't turn up anything in search. Also seems to go around there very fast, so not sure if it's a speed issue too.
-The motor on the T-Rex seems a lot louder than in other JPs I've played. That could just be a function of being the only game being played at the time vs a louder gameroom elsewhere, but wondering if anyone has used lithium grease on it to keep it quiet.

Tape fix can help with orbit optos not registering fast shots.

T-Rex noise is normal. I wouldn’t put anything on it.

#16276 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Tape fix can help with orbit optos not registering fast shots.
T-Rex noise is normal. I wouldn’t put anything on it.

Thanks-I'll try that out. Is it usually the entry opto that's the problem? Looks like this post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/69#post-5337568) says raising it with some washers helps. Kind of surprised that this didn't get fixed in later runs.

#16277 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Thanks-I'll try that out. Is it usually the entry opto that's the problem? Looks like this post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/69#post-5337568) says raising it with some washers helps. Kind of surprised that this didn't get fixed in later runs.

From those that have had the issue it seems to be the entry opto that causes the problem. I'm not sure that Stern saw enough machines having this issue to warrant a change in production (I don't recall seeing this issue being posted in the early Pros and LEs). They did do a change to the left ramp protector to effectively raise the opto beam for the ramp entry, so guessing they saw more of those being reported and/or could reproduce the issue in house.

#16278 1 year ago

Have had this game since shortly after launch. Just finally getting better at this game. Focused on it today and got to the visitor center for the second time, and I beat it! What a mode! Now that was on ball 2(after EB). Problem was after that I had no clue how to advance. After quickly draining those 2 balls I read up and it seems I missed a trex mode and a control center mode. Now I know what needs to be done.

But it was a huge rush beating that mode and getting the victory mb.

#16279 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Have had this game since shortly after launch. Just finally getting better at this game. Focused on it today and got to the visitor center for the second time, and I beat it! What a mode! Now that was on ball 2(after EB). Problem was after that I had no clue how to advance. After quickly draining those 2 balls I read up and it seems I missed a trex mode and a control center mode. Now I know what needs to be done.
But it was a huge rush beating that mode and getting the victory mb.

Nice, great job.

Yeah the next things to focus on are TRex modes and Control Rooms. If you can finish 4 and 3 respectively you’ll get to the other mini wizard modes.

#16280 1 year ago

agreed, i got here a few times now and i do wish there were some clearer direction for what to do next.

in fact, i got here some how and i think it was just from clearing the control room modes, unless this is the sequence of how it should go.

i had a crappy time in that mode and felt like i had been playing for 40 mins.... 3 deathsaves in 3 ball mode.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16281 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

agreed, i got here a few times now and i do wish there were some clearer direction for what to do next.
in fact, i got here some how and i think it was just from clearing the control room modes, unless this is the sequence of how it should go.

Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Center are all independent of each other but are all needed to get to Escape Nublar.

If one of those inserts are flashing then the associated mini-wizard mode is ready to be played. Once played the insert will be fully lit (ie not flashing). It certainly confused me the first time I got past Visitor Center too as to what to do, but the idea would be to look at which of those 3 inserts isn't fully lit and then work on finishing those events.

#16282 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

in fact, i got here some how and i think it was just from clearing the control room

Nice topper. Where is it from?

#16283 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Nice topper. Where is it from?

Thanks Mark!

I made it with stuff i had kicking around. The dino 'scuplts' were dollarama! Lol

In all its glory, ive recently upgraded to the LE 'King of the Island' model.

Im looking to incorporate some leds into the shaker motor 24v circuit so they flash when the shaker is engaged. From my experience these should be negligible since the motor draw is pretty high relatively...
Markharris2000 any thoughts?

20230403_112136 (resized).jpg20230403_112136 (resized).jpg
#16284 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

From those that have had the issue it seems to be the entry opto that causes the problem. I'm not sure that Stern saw enough machines having this issue to warrant a change in production (I don't recall seeing this issue being posted in the early Pros and LEs). They did do a change to the left ramp protector to effectively raise the opto beam for the ramp entry, so guessing they saw more of those being reported and/or could reproduce the issue in house.

Taped over the bottom of the entry opto, and it works great, so mission accomplished for now. Might try the washer fix later on if I get sick of seeing the tape on there.

#16285 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Thanks Mark!
I made it with stuff i had kicking around. The dino 'scuplts' were dollarama! Lol
In all its glory, ive recently upgraded to the LE 'King of the Island' model.
Im looking to incorporate some leds into the shaker motor 24v circuit so they flash when the shaker is engaged. From my experience these should be negligible since the motor draw is pretty high relatively...
Markharris2000 any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Never thought of using the shaker as a mod pickup for the topper, but the LEDs will hardly be noticed by the cabinet node board if you just add a handful of LEDs. The motor uses a couple amps startup and maybe 250ma once running. LEDs will take 5ma or so. Make sure you add some resistors. Try a 2000 ohm resistor to drive each led.

#16286 1 year ago

Thanks for your insightful feedback, @markharris2000.

Its a pretty unconventional approach to tap the shaker but i did notice an inline fuse on the harness that made me think it would be a safe option.

Im definitely open to a more elegant but simple approach that would light on effect triggers (and usually those involve the shaker)

#16287 1 year ago

Lotta good info in this thread. I'm hoping! to join the club in June!

#16288 1 year ago

I have a JP premium but I cant get into the game.. is too complicated for me. Can someone give me an advice? How to play it simplified?

#16289 1 year ago
Quoted from Heliogabalo:

I have a JP premium but I cant get into the game.. is too complicated for me. Can someone give me an advice? How to play it simplified?

This is the best link I found on the rule set, yes there is a lot of modes which makes this game epic. http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#16290 1 year ago
Quoted from Heliogabalo:

Bowen has a JP tutorial that might help

#16291 1 year ago

Quick question, I got a pterodactyl figure and trying to find the proper wire to use to be strong enough to hold it over the ramp.

I search for pterodactyl on the thread but didn't find the info, does any one know which type of cable? I was thinking piano cable of 1 mm diameter. Got some aluminum craft one, but too soft and won't hold up.

Thanks.

#16292 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Quick question, I got a pterodactyl figure and trying to find the proper wire to use to be strong enough to hold it over the ramp.
I search for pterodactyl on the thread but didn't find the info, does any one know which type of cable? I was thinking piano cable of 1 mm diameter. Got some aluminum craft one, but too soft and won't hold up.
Thanks.

I used a metal coat hanger.

#16293 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Thanks.

Marco sells piano wire by the foot. About $1. Use the .094 stainless steel stuff for maximum strength but they have smaller sizes if you want more bounce

#16294 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Thanks.

.032" music wire https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WXGIHC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#16295 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

.032" music wire amazon.com link »

This is what I used. It’s perfect.

#16296 1 year ago

Same…I used Tantrum’s wire. The bird wiggles a bit which is nice

CDA25C77-2D52-49CC-A093-E760627C6C01 (resized).jpegCDA25C77-2D52-49CC-A093-E760627C6C01 (resized).jpegD67F91EF-D886-472C-8C7D-73B6877DBAC2 (resized).jpegD67F91EF-D886-472C-8C7D-73B6877DBAC2 (resized).jpeg
#16297 1 year ago

Thanks all!

#16298 1 year ago
Quoted from Heliogabalo:

How to play it simplified?

Shoot white arrows to spell MAP (two are lit at the start) and then shoot the trex to start a Dino paddock mode.

Shoot rescue shots to save people.

Shoot the yellow “trap” target to either side of the jeep.

Shoot the shot to capture the Dino.

Repeat.

Lots more to it than that, but that’s simplified to get you started.

#16299 1 year ago

So I've had my premium for a week now, and have been playing the hell out of it trying to make progress. Looking at scoring strategy though, what's the consensus on the game-is there a "standard" way to approach it? A couple of thoughts/questions:

-I've been working under the "always have a paddock running" assumption. I'll usually try to get at least the first one done before starting a MB (typically TRex to start with), and maybe try to pull in a control room mode at the same time.
-The Control Room and TRex modes seem valuable, perhaps moreso than the paddocks/rescues. Is it worth ignoring everything else to focus on those, possibly stacking with Raptor or Chaos?
-Is it only possible to get Smart Missile when the jeep is at the right side (where the entrance is blocked the most)? Seems to be other than in MB.
-Is playing the center paddocks worth it? I know there are some good bonuses if you complete them, but they're also harder to beat, and make the path to VC longer. I'm assuming the reward is better in the long run, but given the choice between a more valuable VC and not making it, is it worth it just to try to get there? I haven't made it at all yet, so it's kind of moot, but I also haven't been trying too hard to keep to a specific route.

#16300 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

So I've had me premium for a week now, and have been playing the hell out of it trying to make progress. Looking at scoring strategy though, what's the consensus on the game-is there a "standard" way to approach it? A couple of thoughts/questions:
-I've been working under the "always have a paddock running" assumption. I'll usually try to get at least the first one done before starting a MB (typically TRex to start with), and maybe try to pull in a control room mode at the same time.
-The Control Room and TRex modes seem valuable, perhaps moreso than the paddocks/rescues. Is it worth ignoring everything else to focus on those, possibly stacking with Raptor or Chaos?
-Is it only possible to get Smart Missile when the jeep is at the right side (where the entrance is blocked the most)? Seems to be other than in MB.
-Is playing the center paddocks worth it? I know there are some good bonuses if you complete them, but they're also harder to beat, and make the path to VC longer. I'm assuming the reward is better in the long run, but given the choice between a more valuable VC and not making it, is it worth it just to try to get there? I haven't made it at all yet, so it's kind of moot, but I also haven't been trying too hard to keep to a specific route.

That’s my basic strategy as well, I’ve only had the game for a couple months though. TRex can give you an extra ball which is nice, I don’t think king of the island Multiball is very lucrative so if your going just for score Spinasourus might not be worth it.

If you can setup to use 2x during multiballs always good and if it’s during a paddock and control room stack point can add up quick.

Control room shots are not all equal so something to consider check Tilt Forums for values but for example during system boot the second shot after the spinner the upper loop is worth a lot more than the supply drop.

Also you are correct about the smart missile, if the truck is in the other position the Super Spinner lane will be lit instead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

13,200 (OBO)
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 21,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/326 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.