(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,709 posts
  • 441 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by J-Freeze
  • Topic is favorited by 212 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 675 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BED86B31-9F2B-4886-9C6D-3171F8041B2A (resized).jpeg
3AD9473E-D2B2-4424-A995-316D2CBCCFDD (resized).jpeg
20200124_223954 (resized).jpg
E41F3B18-E6C6-4087-9032-EAE61BBE2953 (resized).jpeg
FOSSIL POPS (resized).png
Screenshot_20200121-225226_Chrome (resized).jpg
28960143-2655-45DC-92FA-ADCA41A40105 (resized).jpeg
1D8F5719-7F1E-4DD7-9182-C57CFC8F7D39 (resized).jpeg
59F82A66-2977-4EFB-8B8B-D979F856CF25 (resized).jpeg
E9336513-BAF0-4B11-A03E-5A3020A5FCD6 (resized).jpeg
1EFF6ED5-1C5E-41FB-AED0-542708AAAFC1 (resized).png
85AA08C9-CDDE-4EBD-B15D-76A7AB155887 (resized).png
20200119_104339 (resized).jpg
20200119_104626 (resized).jpg
20200119_101339 (resized).jpg
20200119_101444 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (5 months ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (5 months ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (5 months ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (5 months ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (5 months ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (3 months ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (54 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eaglepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 5 months ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

No prob! To answer a couple rules you guys seem unclear about...
Mini wiz mode King of the Island is at the Spinosaurus paddock. Capturing the T-Rex is not a mini wiz but boosts timers for 2X scoring, Ball save during multiballs, all modes.
Paddock capture difficulty- The green and yellow paddocks require you to only hit the "Set Trap" targets to light capture while the orange and red paddocks require setting the trap AND hitting the helipad to light capture. If you visit the Spitter paddock as your 2nd paddock you must hit the helipad before capture. It's a tough paddock but the reward perk is 2x super spinner. A regular super spinner is 2X lit spinner value so you can stack the spitter perk with 2x playfield and super spinner and max spinner for 8X lit spinner value (roughly 2 mil a spin)
The carnivores have special abilities. The ability of the spitter is to freeze rescues for 5 seconds when it comes within one space of a rescue. This is why a couple of the rescue shots you guys hit didn't award a rescue. You will know when the rescue light turns solid that that victim is temporarily incapacitated.
Other carnivore traits include:
T-rex- super speed
Spinosaurus- can jump from left side to right and vice-versa
Raptor- two raptors are active at once in the paddock, both must be captured
Compys- can't be slowed
Pteranodon- can fly directly to rescue shots
2X playfield scoring is lit via supply drop collect
Escape target is lit via roll-over in the pop area

Quoted from sk8ball:

Mini wiz mode King of the Island is at the Spinosaurus paddock. Capturing the T-Rex is not a mini wiz but boosts timers for 2X scoring, Ball save during multiballs, all modes.
Paddock capture difficulty- The green and yellow paddocks require you to only hit the "Set Trap" targets to light capture while the orange and red paddocks require setting the trap AND hitting the helipad to light capture. If you visit the Spitter paddock as your 2nd paddock you must hit the helipad before capture. It's a tough paddock but the reward perk is 2x super spinner. A regular super spinner is 2X lit spinner value so you can stack the spitter perk with 2x playfield and super spinner and max spinner for 8X lit spinner value (roughly 2 mil a spin)
The carnivores have special abilities. The ability of the spitter is to freeze rescues for 5 seconds when it comes within one space of a rescue. This is why a couple of the rescue shots you guys hit didn't award a rescue. You will know when the rescue light turns solid that that victim is temporarily incapacitated.
T-rex- super speed
Compys- can't be slowed

Quoted from sk8ball:

T-rex- super speed
Compys- can't be slowed

Can someone designate this as a Key Post for easy reference to this information?

#605 5 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That sucks man!!! Why isn’t there a massive thread trashing Stern the way they do to JJP? Clearly its not just a JJP issue but maybe an industry wide issue.
I would be pretty pissed that really sucks!!!! Hopefully that gets fixed for you!

If Stern just blows off people who contact them about chipping on their playfields, then they would deserve the same criticism. I don't know if that's the case with them or not. I have a JP2 on order, and I hope I don't have to find out. Playfields should not chip or show these types of issues in less than a year. They just shouldn't. I know from my experience how JJP responded to my contacts with them about chipping on my POTC. Silence.

I called JJP to ask for advice on how to secure/repair my chipping. Nothing more than that. Just asking for advice. Their response? "We'll get back to you." 2 weeks later I call again. "We'll get back to you". Repeat that same cycle a couple more times. And all I was asking for was advice on how best to lay the chip back down. That's all I requested on each call and they wouldn't even get back to me about it. With my machine out of the 30 day warranty I knew advice was all I really could ask for. Did I think they should have offered more of a resolution than what I was asking for? Absolutely yes if they wanted to maintain a good customer relationship. But I left it for them to choose what, if anything else, they would do. They chose to do nothing more than sell an unpopulated playfield AND charge shipping for it. They made their choice, so I'm making mine and not buying from them again. Their product has a very important component that has issues which call into question how the playfield will last long term and they're unresponsive about it. That's not the type of company I'll purchase from again.

I think it's that dismissing/ignoring of the customer that has been the most disappointing (and yet also enlightening) thing about the whole issue with JJP. Now on Pinside I see the issue popping up with some Stern machines. I'm hoping I don't run into this same situation with JP2 or, if it does happen, maybe Stern will have some better assistance. Fingers crossed (but not holding my breath).

#631 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Not only is JJP standing behind there product they have gone way above what they had to do.
Example: my WOZ is 2nd owner and made in 2015?
Any issue I ever have the send replacement parts and help with installation questions Free.
My Hobbit which is a route purchase and 28,000 games played same thing. I told JJP hey to be fair I'm not original owner and it's high plays?
There response "we want to take care of all of our customers ". They shipped parts needed no charge.
Wonka same thing and got back to me crazy fast.
Now I'm just a regular collector with no pull in the pinball world.
So in closing You either work for Stern?
Or are making things up?
Perhaps your miss informed?
Anyway there you have it

Glad you’ve had a good experience with them on mechanical parts issues, but that doesn’t mean others haven’t had a good experience with them on issues with playfields on new machines. Two different very types of issues and two very different types of service responses by the same company. Shouldn’t be that hard to believe.

Now, moving back on to Jurassic Park. Did anyone see in a stream last week where Keith Elwin commented in the chat about a secret skill shot? I couldn’t tell if he was kidding or not. It would be cool if there were some undisclosed scoring shots like that in the game though.

#903 4 months ago
Quoted from davijc02:

At times I do think some additional lighting could help.
Go get you some pinstadiums!
Anti-pinstadium comments should appear in 3...2...1

Yep, I like to play with the lights dimmed to nearly off and from what I’ve seen in pics and streams the center of the playfield looks pretty dark. I’m going to wait until I get my machine to decide but I’m guessing I’ll be getting a Pinstadium set for it. Anyone have initial thoughts on how it is playing it in low light?

1 month later
#1900 3 months ago

Playing tonight I had an instance where the right ramp was lit for both the "A" and the extra ball shots. I made the shot and only got credit for the "A" and had to hit it again for the extra ball instead of getting awarded both for the first shot. Any thoughts on whether or not that's by design or if it's a bug? I hope it's a bug. At my (limited) ability level I need double awards as often as I can get them

#1931 3 months ago

Is there a timer on the LCD screen for the 2x multiplier? I see one for T-Rex and one for Pteranodon, but I don't see one when the big 2x multiplier insert by the raptor pen is lit to show how much time is left on it. Maybe I'm just missing it?

#1933 3 months ago

Anyone have preferred strategies on playing? I've been focusing on getting a paddock started and then trying to bring a T-Rex event or a multiball into it. Is it better to just focus on the T-Rex events and multiballs? I haven't found a way to get the most out of Pteranodon with it all either.

#2012 3 months ago

Does updating the code on a Stern game wipe out previous high scores? Do I need to save settings and re-load them for the update?

#2040 3 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

It was so damn fast I saw nothing....I was hitting my flipper buttons, looking at the screen, trying to see where I could select, but it was too quick. This needs to change. I noticed nothing.

It's really, really fast so you pretty much have to memorize which rewards are at #1 through #6 and have an idea in advance which one you want to choose. The bottom line of text on the screen says which reward you're currently selecting. It seems to always start at #1, so if for example you want to select Abort at #6 you have to press really quickly to get to it (and don't overshoot your selection because there isn't time to cycle back through them). You have to hit the action button to scroll through the choices, and whatever reward it's on when the timer hits zero is the one you're shooting for. An extra second or two on the timer would be really nice.

#2042 3 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

So do the flippers scroll and action button select?? Or the other way around?? And what's a monkey flip? its entirely possible I skipped the selection process. But , if it's that fast, a future update needs to slow it down just a bit..... some of us are old bastards for God's sake

The action button scrolls and there is no press to select. Whatever award has been scrolled to when it's ready to fire is the one selected. I feel the same way about the timer definitely needs to be upped to 5 seconds instead of 3.

#2044 3 months ago

I just had an unexpected result. Just played a game and had a decently long Chaos multiball. I double drained to end both the multiball and that ball in play (of course), and when the LCD showed the scoring for the modes it said I got over 250 million for Amber Slings and 9 million for the Chaos multiball. I have no idea how that Amber Sling score happened, but I was pretty happy about the score.

#2045 3 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wow, I really do not like this update. There’s a new sound like a vacuum cleaner coming on, and it’s everywhere. It’s horrible. Did I screw up my update, or are other people hearing this sound too?
The lighting effects and new smart missile awards are nice, but I wish I could roll back to the old release for now.

I think the sound you're hearing is the system cooling fan in the backbox. I think someone on Pinside sells a replacement fan that's quieter. It's always been there but maybe you didn't notice it before for some reason?

#2048 3 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Hmmm. Ok, I tried to press flippers to scroll through the selections, so that's most likely my issue.
Regarding the noise, I havnt noticed it, BUT, I suppose I'll turn it back on and play some more ti verify

That's very nice of you to sacrifice your time like that

#2060 3 months ago
Quoted from Scribble:

You are not the only Scribble that has issues with the smart missile screen. Is it possible to double flip to skip the award select screen? I've hit the middle button and hear what seems to be a selection changing but I don't see anything changing on the LCD. Does anyone have a picture of what the award select looks like?

The last row of text on the screen is what changes. I think I recall it doesn’t pop up right away. I think there’s an initial screen and then the countdown screen comes on, and it’s the last row on the countdown screen.

#2066 3 months ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

How would that work during multiball?

Any chance we can get you to hint at how the game chooses which smart missile award it’s going to give out for #3 & #4? Great game! It’s been a blast to play and the new lights, sounds, and features in the code update are great!!!

#2072 3 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I don't think I've ever gotten smart missile during multi-ball. I'll let you know when I get good enough for that to happen! It does seem like that'd be an even harder shot with the other balls being even more obstacles in the way. And wouldn't it be pretty much impossible if two balls were locked up behind that post and released at the same time? I wouldn't mind getting a smart missile after multi-ball though.

I got smart missile during Chaos multiball a few times last night. There was no way I was going to move my hand to the action button during that. I could theoretically see being able to do it if it happened while you only had 2 balls going and the other ball was cradled or somewhere up the playfield, but given my (limited) ability that’ll remain theory for awhile. A couple times I did end up with two balls behind the post. Didn’t impact my usual result though. I still missed

#2125 3 months ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
the right boom (helicopter) is difficult, even by correctly tapping the ball, whether with the launcher or the left beater.
Does anyone have a solution?
thank you
seb

Probably it’s 2 separate issues. For the flipper, try reducing the flipper power setting.

There are several possible things to adjust for the auto launcher. First thing I’d check on the launcher is if the both sides of the fork are touching the ball when it’s sitting in the shooting lane. If only one side is touching, it could cause the ball to be a bit off line going to the ramp.

#2155 3 months ago

Anyone found the secret skill shots? I think there are three of them? One is going immediately to the "C" lane but I haven't found the others.

#2220 3 months ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Made the billion point club as well. The code is awesome. Love this game and Keith Elwin designs are so much fun. Also had an interesting place for a ball to stick.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the truck ate some bad ball bearings

#2265 3 months ago

Anyone know what targets are included in the Amber Targets scoring? Is it all standup targets, or something else?

#2290 3 months ago

I’m thinking it might be nice if there were call outs announcing what you get in a supply drop. Amber events get announced, and if not for that I wouldn’t know I got them. Supply drops get announced, but a lot of times I can’t look up at the screen to see what it was.

#2323 3 months ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Surprised there's been no mention of the Museum Mayhem T-Rex mode in here. Just finished watching the Dead Flip rules overview with KME and that mode looks like it is going to be an absolute blast between the speed at which the raptors move and the "t-rex throw award" animations.
Question: does the t-rex throw award cause the t-rex to throw the ball if you have throw turned on (any why wouldn't you?!)? In both throw awards in the stream, the ball is dropped onto the left wireform. This would be a great mode to have every throw be a playfield throw - it would fit the animation so perfectly!

Dang it! I watched the first 45 minutes of it last night to see the walk through on rules. They made it to Museum Mayhem when they started playing? I’ll have to finish watching it this weekend. That was a great walkthrough with the glass off. I learned a couple things I hadn’t realized before like how the supply drop adds to the 2x timer if the 2x timer was already lit when you get the supply drop. Thought is was interesting too when he said the Raptor Tower Combo is going to be important because they’re incorporating it into something for a future code version.

#2328 3 months ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Kind of, they used the debug menu to turn it on at game start. Watch the last 15 minutes or so of the stream to see it.
Also looking forward to the 4th part of the super skill shot...O loop? Helipad? Spitter spinner? Helipad makes the most sense to me for the flow - other ideas?

Yep, I forgot they mentioned an addition to the skill shot. That was neat to hear it’s on the way. It’ll be fun to see which shot it is. I’d like the helipad the best. I hope it isn’t the amber target. That would be a tough one for me.

Also, was it just me or did King of the Island MB look really tough? I hadn’t seen it before the video last night. I’m getting closer and closer to it when I play though. Last night I did finally get 1 round of all jackpot shots and the super in T-Rex MB. Missed hitting the “C” shot first though so they were all 1x.

#2341 3 months ago

I have no flipper maintenance experience and I just had a problem pop up on my lower right flipper. While playing, I put the flipper up to catch a ball coming down the playfield toward it. When the ball hit the flipper, the flipper gave way just a little bit backward (maybe 1/8 inch bounceback). Immediately after that the flipper had WAY less power than it did before. I tested both flippers during game play and the left one stays solid when its up and a ball coming down the playfield hits it, but the right one now has a bit of give backward when that happens on it and it's still way underpowered. Seems like something mechanical came loose or gave way on it. Anyone have any ideas on what to check?

#2352 3 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yep, I replaced all 3 coil stops on mine, and it’s playing much better. I had 2 broken stops within a few weeks.

Quoted from evh347:

Maybe broken spring flipper return? (#7). I’ve had that behavior you described on two of my games before exactly as you described. Easy fix. Either replace them or get out some needle pliers and get creative with bending them back into place.
Or buy a replacement...
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html[quoted image]

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check these out.

#2353 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check these out.

This looks like the problem. Coil stop rivet is blown out.

33FE5AC9-731E-468B-8D51-E2E795279675 (resized).jpeg
#2356 3 months ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Oh and be sure to remove the broken nub that will be inside the coil sleeve before putting a new coil stop on.

So that’s where it went! I checked in my cabinet for it and couldn’t find it I figured it had to be somewhere. Thank you.

#2440 87 days ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Where should the ball be delivered when rolling out from the control room/"C" area? I watched a clip of last week's Dead Flip stream with Keith and on theirs, it rolls down to the left flipper, about 2/3 of the way down and you can bump to send it to the right flipper.
Mine was hitting the flare at the end of the metal guide and getting bumped out and going SDTM just about every time so i bent it back but that original flare/bend looked very intentional but it's obviously not supposed to just drop down the middle.
Curious where others have the ball delivered on both a shot that goes all the way back to the target and on a non-clean shot that only makes it halfway

I haven’t had any SDTM issues from the control lane. Depends on how hard the shot in and bounce out is but usually comes back to the flipper. When released from the post mine is also coming to the flipper.

#2556 81 days ago
Quoted from ssdobbins:

Code V0.91 - Anyone have MBs that stop mid-stream. Seems like when I'm in TREX and then hit CHAOS it plays till there's two/three balls left and then stops. Flippers dead. Balls drain. Bonus awarded. Next ball. Is this a bug?

Sounds like what happens when there's a bad optical sensor in the ball trough. Might want to check those sensors to see if that's what's causing it.

#2577 80 days ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

For those better players out there than me (so literally everyone on this site)...Is the control room shot able to be hit with some regularity (if at all) from anything other than by trapping up first? For me, any time the ball has any speed coming down the right inlane I can never hit that shot. Closest I come is having the ball rattle around the control room opening. Is it a matter of practice, or can that shot only be made from a trap-up?

Have you tried lowering flipper power? I had the same trouble hitting it when I first got it but then lowered the flipper power and it was much more makable for me.

#2580 80 days ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I saw last night that the default settings for the lower right flipper is set lower than left or upper right.

Yep, I think that default was changed in a code update.

#2582 80 days ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Did you turn it down further from the new lower default in .91 code? I also have trouble hitting the control room shot off anything but a trap but I assumed it was because I'm just not that good...

I think I’ve left it at the new default. I think that new default was even lower than where I’d initially lowered it. I was thinking if the person having the problem hadn’t updated code they might want to try lowering flipper power. Could be something else too though. It’s definitely a tough shot to hit on the fly. I figured if the ball misses low (like hitting the sling) if I flip late when the ball is at the end of the flipper then there’s a spot somewhere further up the flipper to make the shot. I think it’s a small spot though

1 week later
#2764 68 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Apparently.
As far as I could tell (with three balls) you're stick in that mode. I kept working on more raptor and Chaos MBs until my game was over.
Hoping they do something amazing for this mode.

My dream Thanksgiving weekend next week is a bunch of food to eat and new Jurassic Park code to explore for 4 days.

1 week later
#2927 60 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

From Keith over on Tilt in regards to the Bonus Champ bug:
"Whole high score system getting an overhaul so no it wasn’t fixed."

I wonder if they'd add a couple high score of the day spots for people to enter initials. My kids like that on POTC. Gives them a chance to enter their names... sometimes

#2949 59 days ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Just about to ask this too. So adjust guide to left flipper, not left sling. Boom boom out the side ! That’s been the killer drain for me so far

On mine it depends a bit on the speed of the ball coming back out of the helipad as it hits the rubber. If it’s moving fast enough the bounce off the rubber will carry it to the left sling. However, I’ve learned to nudge forward every time the ball is about to hit that rubber and that’s really helped it go to the left flipper instead of the sling.

#2966 58 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup, and I agree with your hunch. When it happens on mine it’s always a lightning fast shot. I adjusted the loop entry switch to need only the slightest push, but it’s still not 100%. Wish it was an opto like the make switch further up the loop.
Pretty frustrating, because that’s not an easy shot to begin with.

Someone posted this a few days ago. I'm going to try it out in case the problem is with the opto further up the loop not registering the shot after it's activated the rollover switch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56#post-5312034

#2990 57 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I dont have a JP yet so I cant say for sure but I had the same issue on my Maiden loops. Put a piece of electrical tape around the optos covering the bottom half of the beam and you should be good to go. Narrowing the beam means the ball can break it long enough at high speeds to register properly. Hope this helps.

Did this last night and it worked great. Thanks!

#3116 50 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

It definitely mattered. When I powered the game up with the LE code, it was no longer on free play, and all high scores were reset to default HOWEVER, I downloaded the .96 PRO code, and installed that, and all my settings and high scores returned!!! Happy day!!

Even though the settings are supposed to save automatically in the code update, I always save them separately first to a USB right before doing the update. That way if something unexpected happens I still have them to reload.

1 week later
#3228 38 days ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

I actually don’t seem to have too many issues hitting the spinner shot, what I am finding is it not getting registered all the time. It seems the spinner is the only sensor and many of my shots make it past without actually spinning it. Has anyone had to adjust it? If so how?

I noticed something similar. I might be wrong, but before one of the recent code updates I think every turn of the spinner would register the lane as being hit and clear the lit arrow. Then after an update it seemed like it changed and now a weak shot from the upper part of left flipper that goes past the spinner but maybe only spins it a couple times no longer counts as a shot to clear a lit arrow on that lane.

#3272 35 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

This seems like an interesting rule add. I'm guessing it's used via the center button. Feel like the strat will be to try and save it for T-Rex or Spiny[quoted image]

Nice! That’ll be fun to try. Definitely would be good to save for those two. Especially Spiny to try to get KOTI MB.

#3361 30 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No doubt brother. I like how Trex is flinging around in the modes without stopping flow
Plus, like control center, I need a quick pause for a swig of beer

Got it. Will work on Trex now to see museum
Clearing paddocks ain’t easy to get to Visitor!
Feels like TWD to me. Drove me nuts until I finally beat it.

Museum Mayhem is fun. Animation of T-Rex tossing a raptor is fun to watch. Somehow for me it seems like when I just focus on running the T-Rex modes I end up getting farther in the paddocks and running Chaos MB more often than I do when I'm trying specifically for either of those things. When I'm working on hitting the truck I seem to hit more of the shots along the way that qualify them.

#3390 28 days ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

When the game was first released I played a few quick games and came away just meh. Found one yesterday and put about 15 games on it. Gotta say this game is a blast to play. Have no clue really what to do. Multiballs seem to happen randomly. So many shots from all the flippers. The one I was playing had a weak left flipper but still found most of the shots satisfying. The first 4 or 5 games I sucked big time but started to click after that. Averaged around 100 mil per game. Had one 400 mil game and got Raptor Tri-ball champ but no high score. Last game was my best and got high score #4 with 448 mil.
I'm going to go back and play it today and have a few questions. What area should I attack/shoot for first? Can multiballs be stacked? And during multiballs, after hitting the jackpots and super jackpots do you have to clear the chaos letters? And is the shot right of the truck and left of the ramp doable? The only way I hit the target was from the bumpers or was it designed that way?
Thanks guys. Super jealous of you owners Great game!

This is a good website for reviewing the rules.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

Multiballs aren't stackable (except for a very, very unlikely way to stack T-Rex and Raptor multiballs). Each MB has different rules. The missile shot between the truck & ramp is doable but extremely tight.

#3429 24 days ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

How do you know when coil stops break? Do they start feeling sluggish then give out?
My right flipper feels like it lost some power and is sluggish. I’ve never experienced a broken coil stop before.

Yep, when mine went the flipper was suddenly sluggish and way underpowered. It also caused the flipper to give a little bit backward when a ball came down the playfield and hit it vs. normal operation of the flipper holding firmly in place when the ball hits and bounces off.

1 week later
#3511 17 days ago
Quoted from spidey:

Anybody else having trouble getting the truck to flip around for lighting TREX letters? I find it fun getting through the paddocks but then realize I need to get all the TREX modes completed, which leads to chopping wood of hitting the newton ball over and over and over. The vast majority of shots do not send it all the way around. It has to be just an a absolutely perfect hit, and always from the left flipper.

The truck should turn easier than that. On mine and the couple others I’ve played most any hit from either flipper makes it move a fair amount and it’s not too tough to make it go the whole way around.

#3519 16 days ago
Quoted from paragon07:

Perfect solution, was thinking the same.

Ha! Yep I had the same thought too, only I was thinking of getting the Amazon USB extension cable (9 ft. long) so I could run it all the way through the bottom of the back box and cabinet to the coin door.

#3533 16 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Well, the first 3 should light. It may not be instant, but definitely before the ball is released. I've never thought to myself "man, I really need more time to see which shots are lit" I can play some more this evening, and pay closer attention to the timing. Just from memory, my first set of rescues light before the talking is done and well before the ball is released. I'd guess your machine is behaving normally.

When you let the entire animation play I think you have a decent amount of time before ball release to see which ones are lit. If, however, you’re like me and sometimes hit both flippers to get on with it then you have a shorter time before the ball is released to see which ones are lit. I’d like it better if they lit sooner. I think there are a couple spots though where the rescues do light instantly or at least a lot sooner for some reason.

#3576 12 days ago

I just accidentally discovered a nice cheat "O" lane jackpot during T-Rex multiball... unless Keith Elwin is reading this and thinks it's something that needs to be coded out of the game. Then it definitely never happened... I aimed for the "O" lane and missed up the right ramp instead. Just after that shot I sent another ball coming to the right flipper through the spinner. The right ramp shot exited past the right orbit entrance opto and just after that the ball through the spinner lane crossed the 2nd opto for the right orbit, so it gave me a jackpot. Might have to try that more often on days I'm not finding the O lane very well (which is most days).

#3597 11 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I'll definitely give it try then. I believe EaglePin has posted about this as well. I think?

Yep, I like tinkering with it. I think it’s worth fiddling with it at least a bit & I think there’s still a ton of speed and flow when dialing it back a bit. Worst that happens is you try some lower settings and don’t like it and go back to your current settings.

Very different experience from my JJPOTC. On that one I found power settings I stayed at very early on. With JP2 it seems like there are more pros & cons for both higher and lower settings and I’m still messing with it a bit 3 months & 1200 plays into it. I think I’m getting pretty close to leaving them alone for awhile now though. I love this game.

#3607 10 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Went back to the game and sure enough the post was loose again, put loctite on and screwed it back in. But damage has been done :/[quoted image]

That stinks. Posts seem to come loose on this game a lot. I check pretty frequently because the posts at the ramp entrances and a few others on mine have already needed re-tightening a couple times. I should probably get some blue Loctite for them.

#3635 7 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Not a JP owner but I just recieved an awesome JP poster signed by Keith Elwin from Stern. Im going to frame this and hang it in the Pin Room.
Story is I ordered shooter rods for my SW and DP. Instead of DP shooter Rod they sent me a topper(without charging me). I let them know about the mixup and they sent me this as thanks. Pretty happy about it![quoted image]

Nice!!!! LOL, now you have me hoping they mix up an order for me someday so I can correct it and get something like that

#3646 6 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was informed that our route JP pro has a "weak" lower right flipper. I haven't inspected it yet, but the upper flipper flips great, so curious if anyone has tips before I go. I am hoping the coil stop didn't snap off and is just causing it to be funky, although that would be the easier fix...

First guess would be the coil stop.

#3702 20 hours ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Got rid of the factory rubber... Oh man, the new Titans are so amazing... Should have changed everything when I got the machine...[quoted image]

Just curious, is there a different bounciness off the posts & slings or is it more about reducing the ball trails?

#3703 20 hours ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Got rid of the factory rubber... Oh man, the new Titans are so amazing... Should have changed everything when I got the machine...[quoted image]

Any chance you can post a pic of how that color looks on the machine when you put them on. Looks like it should be a good color with it.

#3708 15 hours ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

After playing my Premium a lot this evening, I think I want to try and remove the magnets on the T-Rex ramp posts.
Way too many of my perfect shots get pulled into those posts, sometimes causing me to miss out on the T-Rex multiball.

While you're at it, can you figure out a way to take the magnet out of the post between the right ramp and the O lane too? If hitting that post scored points I'd have billions every game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eaglepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside