(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider broman90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10953 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a pro! Not even out of the box yet.

I was a little resistant to buy a JP but only because we have so many available to play on location nearby. But I decided heck it, JP is awesome and I want one in my small collection to love and care for!

Seems like a good game for a shaker and
maybe pinstadiums?

#10956 2 years ago

Alright looks like my suspicion is confirmed and I'll order a shaker immediately!

1 week later
#11035 2 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Installed Pinstadium Neos on my JP Premium today. It had the quick connect option to connect the UV Flasher to the shaker motor.
When I did that, it seems to work for a game or so, and then the UV flasher *and* the shaker motor stop working.
If I reboot the game, it works again... for another part of a game.
Has any body else experienced this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Once you get everything working properly I'd be interested to hear your true opinion. Debating them for my Pro.

Love them in my LAH but thought they were a little overwhelming in EHOH. Leaning towards maybe just a couple spotlights for JP.

I'd of course reach out to pinstadium as he is the expert. Must be a connector or loose connection issue, when I triggered off the shaker on EHOH I used a wire tap rather than the adapter but it was kind of a pain to get the wire tap into the shaker connector.

#11069 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Today was a long day of mods on my JP premium and MBR. I installed Lior’s trex on JP and it’s awesome. But I had a god awful, could have been catastrophic moment when I accidentally pulled the playfield too far out and dumped it into the cabinet. Not good. I got it back up immediately. It dented the subwoofer a bit, but it seems to work well (probably a long term excuse to upgrade…), it bent the left flipper contacts a bit and I had to do some work to get the flipper working. The only other thing I noticed, after testing a bunch after getting everything tidy, cleaning and putting the glass back on are:
1) occasionally the trex turns its head to the right and it stutters, like it’s stuck. Once it did it with the ball in its mouth and it just dropped it. I’m not sure how much of that was from the playfield dump or from taking the trex mech off twice to first replace the trex and second to fine tune as she/he/they/them/it was a bit crooked.
2) the raptor pen gate now does not lower flush to the playfield and shots to the pen get rejected. I noticed this after putting everything together and thinking it was good to go.
For both of these have diagnostic tests which I have run but not sure what to do to tweak. Maybe the raptor pen has a simple adjustment like the control room stop, but I am too exhausted from all the work today to get back under the playfield. Instead I’m having a drink. Any advice, other than “you are a complete moron for dumping the playfield” would be appreciated.

Hey I did it in my GOTG too. Dented the speaker as well, thankfully everything else still worked. I had spent a deal of time with the playfully partially out installing mods, derped and forgot it was already out halfway. Definitely a mistake that you only makes once. I've talked to other people who have admitted the mistake as well, you live and learn and get better!

1 week later
#11176 2 years ago

I have a newer build JP pro (March 2021) and am having trouble with the left T-Rex ramp not registering on good clean shots.

Read through the threads and I understand the opto setup has changed on the newer builds and I believe just have the one opto in the center of the ramp.

Figured I'll first try putting black tape over the bottom portion of the opto hole in the ramp like some people have done in the past and if that doesn't work try removing the spacers in the plastic ramp cover.

If I'm missing something or on the wrong path please let me know.

#11209 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Personally, if I only owned one game (at one point for a few years I did) then I would get something with simpler rules and more flow. Don't get me wrong, I love this title in my 3 pin collection. However, if it was my only pin I'm not sure I could handle it as it is quite challenging IMO.

I sort of agree. I think for someone who wouldn't consider themselves a good pinball player this would be a hard 1st and only game (but still fun).

I do think it would still be a great only game for someone who's interested in a tough game and ready for a challenge.

#11225 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I haven't tested it yet, but the roof of the ramp that extends behind the playfield is held up by a 1 cm spacer (in between the ramp itself and the roof). I suppose it is possible to remove the spacers and re-fasten the roof down to the ramp (although I do not know if this will offer enough space for a ball travel, but I imagine it would). I suppose that could be another option to keep the ball from raising/lifting too high at the back of that ramp and above the beam path of the opto.

I did this with my March 2021 build pro to fix the ball missing the left ramp opto on good fast shots. I removed the screws holding down the ramp cover and spacers and then placed the spacer above the plastic cover rather than below it. I think there is 4 or 5 spacers. The only one I didn't touch is the one right underneath the backboard. This was enough to stop good shots from missing the opto and does not cause rejected shots at all. I did also cover the bottom quarter of the opto hole on the ramp with black tape while I had it off for goof measure, but I don't think it's doing anything..
Works 100% now. Hope that helps others.

#11232 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Same here

What roof are we talking about.... ?? Can't visualize...?

There is a plastic cover that covers the ramp in the back so the ball can't fly out into the cabinet. That is what is being referred to as the "roof".

#11234 2 years ago

Good to hear this has worked for you as well. When I first encountered the problem new out of the box and realized it was only happening on good solid shots and knowing the opto was good I felt pretty confident this would fix it. I've played dozens of games since lowering the plastic with 100% success and no rejects due to the fix.

I have no idea how this fix translates to older builds.

#11242 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

When this game was first released I may of been suffering from new game fatigue, tired at Pinburg or all in on another title.
After some time and playing this in league and tournaments I quickly changed my attitude toward it over time. Now it
is one of my favorite games at home. Ultimately the challenge this game presents, sound package and just polish just makes
it a modern classic.
I have many of the Stern Factory mods. Excluding the rails & art blades.
Aside from those what mods ( No toppers Zach ) are essential or clever additions?

The code done by pinsider Timlah79 that adds audio and video from the movie into the game is fantastic and in my opinion should have been done by stern. It really adds to the game and if you didn't know better you'd think that it came from the factory that way. Maybe message him if you want to check it out.

2 years later
#17956 8 months ago
Quoted from Archytas:

I've previously been running the movie code on 1.5 software, but want to try the new 1.10 code. I still have the original SD card with 1.3 software that was never updated. I swapped the SD cards around.
To make sure that it worked prior to an update I popped it in the game and after some updates to the node board it fired into attract mode no issues.
Downloaded the new code on the stick. I know the stick works because I used it to update Iron Maiden previously. Plugged the stick in, game detects it and...sits, on 'Insert USB Memory Stick'. Refused to move on to even install the update.
Watching other update videos the game should move past this very quickly and go to the update menu but mine won't.
I'll try find a different USB but don't understand why it doesn't like this one as I've used it before to update games no issues.
This is for the Pro edition of the game.

Archytas Did you get it working? I have installed the older move code 1.03 on a seperate SD card and was thinking about popping the original SD back in and and trying to code update to try the new modes on the next game night. Only difference is I will probably just use a brand new USB since I've had unexpected problems reusing USBs in the past so got a few new ones cheap.

Curious if you got it sorted out before I bother.

#17958 8 months ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Initially updated through IC but then flashed the card to see if it fixed the issue. Still having gate problems. Kinda feels better that several others are having the same issue so that it’s more likely we will get a fix. Guess I’ll just wait it out. For reference, I was a May 2022 build. Be sure to post if anyone is able to figure out a fix.

Stern acknowledged on social media they are aware of the bug and will have a fix asap

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 16.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider broman90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=broman90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.