IMG_1380 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.
#651 7 years ago

The flipper coils are supposed to be different. It's a stronger coil used on the right for the wind coaster ramp. I don't have the manual in front of me for part numbers though.

#652 7 years ago

When I had a problem with the ball launcher under the skill shot ramp, it was because the actual arm itself was broken and all that was left to hit the ball was a nub. Much better after replacing the arm.

#653 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

the arm that lauches the multi ball into the game (from the skill shot area) this arm has difficulty getting the ball up into the game so I am assuming that this coil is underpowered as well. I cannot find this one in the manual, but I have a 090-5001-00 / 23-800 in there now.

#654 7 years ago

Yes different coils, they're not even consistent in the manual but the table on pg 28 is correct

hook coils (resized).pnghook coils (resized).png

#655 7 years ago

This has reminded me. I recently installed one of Inkonchitos bridge boards into my Hook and he told me that he's just released a useful tech chart for Hook available here;
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

The flipper coils are supposed to be different. It's a stronger coil used on the right for the wind coaster ramp. I don't have the manual in front of me for part numbers though.

Okay so my right flipper was correct but my left flipper was not, I ordered a new flipper there.

When I had a problem with the ball launcher under the skill shot ramp, it was because the actual arm itself was broken and all that was left to hit the ball was a nub. Much better after replacing the arm.

That's interesting, I didn't notice anything before, but I definitely wasn't looking for it. I'll check soon. Thanks!

#657 7 years ago

Back,
https://we.tl/LC8qNmvluq
Hook decals, free of course.

Please delete it if its against the rule.

#658 7 years ago

I'd say this is my problem with the kickback. Look at mine vs yours.

34974b1f1be4cb82352d5fe884422ace4d55e6d1 (resized).jpg34974b1f1be4cb82352d5fe884422ace4d55e6d1 (resized).jpg

20160825_181223 (resized).jpg20160825_181223 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#659 7 years ago

Ok, good and bad night. I got all my parts in and went to install them. I was lifting the playfield and it fell off the mount. I hate Data East playfield mounts so freaking bad!
Playfield fell off and broke about 5 transistors off the flipper board. Going to buy some more transistors tomorrow and I have a spare board from a TMNT, I think they are the same.
My mistake. My stupid stupid mistake!

BUT, here's my kickback issue. Should be all set now, got to get my board fixed and test it.

20160907_203133 (resized).jpg20160907_203133 (resized).jpg

#661 7 years ago

i have a full playfield from hook with all the parts still available ...i. going to start breaking it apart .....if anyone need a specific part from the hook send me a pm

#662 7 years ago
Quoted from sibi:

Back,
https://we.tl/LC8qNmvluq
Hook decals, free of course.
Please delete it if its against the rule.

Link not working mate?

#663 7 years ago

Thet link works seven days.
I will upload again. If someone know better place for uploading large files let me know.

And...i want to hear what outher thinking about my decals so next projeckt would de ewen better.

1 week later
#664 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

i have a full playfield from hook with all the parts still available ...i. going to start breaking it apart .....if anyone need a specific part from the hook send me a pm

I have send a number of PMs i keen on a heap of parts

#665 7 years ago

Helping a friend out with a non working hook pinball found this harness laying down on the bottom and have no idea where it goes? Machine has only two flippers so not an extra flipper harness. Only thought i have is a optional ticket redemption system hook up or dollar acceptor. Neither of my other data east machines have this loose plug. I did figure out the yellow and purple are the missing cabinet knocker. Machine also has the wrong transformer in it which i found already and signs of hacked up wring. Looking to be another fun data east project.

IMAG2634 (resized).jpgIMAG2634 (resized).jpg

#666 7 years ago

No idea. I have the same loose plug in mine. It's so close to the flipper connectors that maybe it's generic for another flipper. However the machine does have a ticket option so that makes more sense. And you are correct about the knocker.

#667 7 years ago

Guess i get to wait and see maybe i missed something in the book i was working on two Dataeast machines at the same time so it is possible.

#668 7 years ago

Probably the flipper PCB or a ticket dispenser.

#669 7 years ago

Any news about (the testing of) the new game code?

#670 7 years ago

What is the state of play with the new code? Is it coming out or having problems?

#671 7 years ago

I messaged Chad 2 weeks ago and he said its coming

#672 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

OK I need all the boards .....how much ...

#673 7 years ago

OK ...back working on the hook pinball ....wiring is jacked up ...somebody Edward scissor handed it ..now I got to find where the wiresender all go ...the manual is not user frindly. ..I know they are daisy chained ..one wrong wire will jack it all up ...any pictures of the whole playfield bottom would be helpful ..maybe in sections ....then I have an ideal of where my wires go ....I know ...help me out ....

#674 7 years ago
Quoted from Thatpinguy850:

...any pictures of the whole playfield bottom would be helpful ..

Attached is a hi-res photo of below the pf. Also I'd recommend Inkochnito's Hook Tech Chart that shows all the wire colours for lamps, switches & mechs on one sheet;
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Data_East_Hook_Tech_Chart.pdf

WP_20150318_18_41_26_Pro__highres (resized).jpgWP_20150318_18_41_26_Pro__highres (resized).jpg

#675 7 years ago

astyy, question:

Is your game a prototype with spinning disc in the head? I own a proto game with spinning disc and it has the yellow plastic popbumper brackets too where as the production games I encountered so far have the blue plastic popbumper brackets. My game has serial nr 48243.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#676 7 years ago

Thanks and mine is not a prototype. ....but the pic is awesome .....it will help in my pinball adventure. .

#677 7 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Is your game a prototype with spinning disc in the head?

No, but I wish it was so lucky you. I've since noticed most have blue brackets, both colours look good topside imho.

#678 7 years ago

Hey Hook fans, the pinball-live twitch stream of Hook play is still available to watch online;
https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live/v/89686200

It was a bit of a challenge as the skill shot lamps weren't working.

#679 7 years ago

I'm interested in buying the ROM update once it is completed as well.

#680 7 years ago

My kingdom for a Rufio ramp without a hole in it!

3 weeks later
#681 7 years ago

Ok guys, I have a good vac forming place and I'm going to take the my Rufio in to copy it. Is there enough interest to run as many as 50-100 of these?

#682 7 years ago
Quoted from armi0024:

Ok guys, I have a good vac forming place and I'm going to take the my Rufio in to copy it. Is there enough interest to run as many as 50-100 of these?

I would take 4 ☺

#683 7 years ago

I'm 100% in on a Rufio ramp. I'd also be in on a new skill shot ramp.

#684 7 years ago

My rufio ramp isn't bad, but I'd likely take one as well. I need the skill shot ramp also, that's a tough find for sure.

#685 7 years ago

I'd be in for sure

#686 7 years ago

I have to do the Rufio, mine is repaired, copyable, but not 100%. The skillshot, mine is fine, but let me see about it. That would make a good set. We have done the cockpit Spy Hunter seat over, if they can do that, ramps should be easy...

#687 7 years ago

Thanks for trying to make this happen. I've asked around for vacuum forming before but not had much luck at reasonable prices

#688 7 years ago
Quoted from armi0024:

I may be interested, not sure. Mine has a hole in it as well. To be clear this is the small right ramp behind the baseball jackpot plastic? Is there any estimate on what each ramp would cost at a run of 50?

#689 7 years ago

I would be in for 2 of the Rufio as well as the skill shot ramp if that were to be made available also!

#690 7 years ago
Quoted from armi0024:

make them and people will buy them.

#692 7 years ago

Yep - 1 Rufio over here too...

#693 7 years ago

I will get some numbers this week. Here is how I would normally do something like this. I will get pricing and offer a presale price and a non presale price. The reason for this is simply that people who put money up for the presale have to wait, and everyone knows there will be frustrating delays, but they helped fund the project. The people who order after the presale just get their ramp. I will get these parts to the mold shop this week.

#694 7 years ago

Have you done this before? There is clearly some risk to joining the presale.

#695 7 years ago

im keen on a ramp

#696 7 years ago

Damn. Trying not to get my hopes up but I would buy that ramp immediately.

#697 7 years ago

Have you done this before? There is clearly some risk to joining the presale.

Agreed, it would be fantastic if we could see some pictures of previous work or a prototype.

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

It was a bit of a challenge as the skill shot lamps weren't working.

I now have this machine at mine, and have fixed them - along with all of the other little minor issues.
The only problem I have now is that the legs and adjusters are so old and rusty I can't change the gradient at all. I feel as though it would play better if it was a little steeper.

#699 7 years ago

Chad any word on the Hook code release?

#700 7 years ago

armi0024

please make the ramp "bulletproof" as Stern did with the monday night football ramp.
the additional metal protector is a "must" for any reproduced rufio ramp.

034 (resized).JPG034 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.