IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adydar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 9 years ago

Just brought home a hook today, definitely needs some love. Anywhere that has the plastic part for the skill shot area? Mine has a crack on one of the holes and the screw holding it down on the right hand side, the plastic is cracked there.

Also, the Peter Pan plastic up top is broken. Seems plastics are scarce though. I'm sure I'll find more mess as I dig into it.

6 months later
#132 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

I am thinking about repro-ing the ramps. I want to gauge some the level on interest before trying to offer it to others.

I'd likely be interested as well, especially the right side. Any chance of the skill shot area being redone too? Mine is cracked.

1 week later
#143 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

ramp update. i found the material to make the correct mold. nice having a mold company in town. last step is how to rivet the flap to the ramp. i have no idea what kind of rivet it is. it isnt the type of rivet u can buy from lowes. info on this would help.

also what do u guys feel is a fair price for the ramp.

Unfortunately, I'm not of much help in the rivet field, perhaps a more generic thread post posing the question would be in order? I'm sure someone on PS knows the answer, but is equally as likely they aren't paying attention to the Hook thread

On the fair price, that is a tough one, what is the cost to produce it? How much time and effort have you put in, that should be factored in as well. Lastly, the price and title should be considered, for example, if someone buys the machine for $1200, they aren't likely going to be excited to drop $400 on ramps.

1 week later
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

It would be a lot easier if 100 people wanted the ramp. i could easily keep the price down and not worry about silly decisions like this but for 5 people who said they were interested and probably only 2 that are serious i have to be conscience and realistic about purchases.

That makes total sense. It may be worth it's own thread to make sure you have a good gauge of interest, but it may simply duplicate what is here. I know that when I was actively searching for replacement ramps, nearly everyone else that talked about hook seemed to need replacements as well so not sure 100 people is realistic, but I'm guessing 20-30 could be.

1 year later
#684 7 years ago

My rufio ramp isn't bad, but I'd likely take one as well. I need the skill shot ramp also, that's a tough find for sure.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Have you done this before? There is clearly some risk to joining the presale.

Agreed, it would be fantastic if we could see some pictures of previous work or a prototype.

1 month later
#738 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Where did you get your burner? What's the process like? I've always been afraid it's very complicated but maybe it's just like putting something on an SD card.

Curious about this as well.

#741 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I will let you guys know! I got the cheapest one I could find that's USB. This will be my first test. I'll keep you all posted. If it works, I'd be happy to burn some for others.

Thanks, please do keep me posted. I don't have anyone nearby to burn a rom so I may take you up on the offer.

1 month later
#796 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Tired of your old busted Rufio ramp?
Mark (FreePlay40) asked me to send him my good condition Rufio ramp for reproduction. I know the interest is here, so if you haven't already done so, go over to his ramp feed and let him know you are interested in one if he produces them. That will allow him to gauge real interest and may have an affect on timing and availability. I actually have new Rufio ramp decals that I am willing to reproduce at low cost primarily to cover expenses since he doesn't do decals with his ramps.
I have already purchased and received the Whirlwind lift ramp, a Wabac ramp for R&B, a DE Star Trek Subway ramp and a Hurricane center ramp. His ramps are excellent quality and improved over original design flaws.
Show him your support because Starship Fantasy isn't going to get around to any of the low production volume ramps for "decades". I know someone in Australia is making ramps for Williams games but I only see them pop up on eBay occasionally. Mark is single-handedly helping to keep these machines in better than just playable condition.
Thanks
Shawn

That's awesome Shawn, glad to hear it. Anyone interested, here's the latest post that he'll likely be able to do it - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/24#post-3577115

He also stated once he gets his larger machine, he'd look into the skillshot ramp as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 64.00
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adydar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=adydar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.