IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benobutton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 8 years ago

Hey all!

Bought a Hook a few weeks ago. Needs a bit of work. Top GI is out, missing switch under skill shot 3, flippers need a rebuild, display is outgassed, decals needed for targets, also a few broken plastics.

If anyone can help with some target decals, plastics or display (slim but a maybe a chance?), that would be a great help.

Right ramp has the usual cracked side and really nice to hear it may be looked at getting reproduced.

Anyone have target decals on file? -They're used to be some around from memory but cant find it currently.

1 week later
#164 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

decals can be had at marco. it includes all of the stand ups, drop targets and some of the artwork for the skill shot ramp. flipper rebuild is at marco too.
check for burnt plugs on the power board. that plug usually gets toasty. also check for blown fuses.

Cheers - got the decals from marco on order - pretty good selection of decals actually. Got the gi working. Fuse was blown and a connector was loose. Rebuilt the flippers. ( still just don't feel strong enough though- still adequate, but not perfect- might try replacing coils)
Sorted the skill shot 3 switch out with a paper clip - works well. Really need a DMD replacement now - I'm in the queue!

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

There is a light, well two bulbs, need the vuk on the upper left. When are those supposed to turn on? Mine never do.

Yeah they are always on with the GI and do flash occasionally.

5 months later
#328 8 years ago

No gate on my machine

1 week later
#370 8 years ago

Actually that ball save really irritates me. Any improvement on the ball save operation would be great!

Also, Now that I know there are games out there with a one way gate above the shooter lane makes me want one - always felt that the ball falling back down slows the game down too much. ( falls down a fair amount during regular gameplay)

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Talking about this gate here:
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Actually, would anyone know the part number for the wire gate under the top bit of shooter lane? checked the manual and whilst I can see it in every playfield layout its not actually referenced with a part number.

Quoted from shicketmaster:

Any word on the right ramp reproduction being discussed about 6-9 months ago?

I wish there was a right ramp! - mines held together with tape currently.

2 weeks later
#402 7 years ago

For those that are missing the gate, it is available at marco specialties. Tested in my machine and is perfect. It is soooo good not to have the ball fall under the skill shot/shooter lane anymore!!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5307-01

#405 7 years ago

I hope so, I'm all for removing the gate for an inventive use of the gap, but the amount of times I would brick a shot to the right ramp and the ball would reflect down under the shooter lane. It bugged me after a while. I don't know if it bugged anyone else?

Larry - You do have to remove the skill shot plastic, I did this easily without removing any other ramps or plastics. (you do have to remove the diverter though) Luckily I had the bracket that the gate fits into already on the shooter lane. I'd say my machine would have had the gate initially, but had been removed at some stage. I can get a photo of this bracket if you like?

#411 7 years ago

Here's a pic of the gate under the skill shot (with skill shot ramp removed)

Also added a rubber tonight that I think was meant to be above the right Outlane.

So many things were removed on this hook and never put back. Just need to get my hands on a right ramp and a few new plastics and it'll be perfect.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#443 7 years ago

That sounds fantastic!

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from LarryMac:

New bug and/or theory for why the mysterious gate should be in place:
I got the pity multiball on my 3rd ball, and in the course of play, one of the balls dropped under the skill shot area. During regular play, a ball that drops in there gets kicked out, but this one just sat there. After the other ball drained, I had to wait for ball search before the ball finally got kicked out. I'm pretty sure I heard the "shoot it!" call out while I was waiting, which seemed out of place. I suppose there could be a wonky switch, but I don't recall ever having the kickout not occur except in this situation.

Actually, just thinking about this, this also happened on mine before I had the gate. I remember thinking at the time, that I must fix that. Since I have had the gate, I almost forgot this even happened.

#454 7 years ago

I have always thought that starting multiball is way too easy - maybe the skull shot could be incorporated into starting multiball, or part of multiball? - I am not the most creative mind out there unfortunately..

#465 7 years ago

Mine also lights a weapon target hit in any order - and for the first multi ball, the vuk lights a target. ( which also makes multiball even easier to get)

1 week later
#475 7 years ago

@ Chad - I was just reading on another older hook thread some guy mentioned that it would be nice if the rope light was only lit during certain features - I actually think it's a good idea if at all possible? As an example when you hitting ramp jackpots etc.
I'm liking all the rule suggestions so far.

@ DBLM - machine looks great - I'm seriously considering a Boston dmd with red filter after seeing yours. Mines outgassing slightly and need to upgrade!

5 months later
#692 7 years ago

Yep - 1 Rufio over here too...

1 month later
#726 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

My unofficial Hook patch has been released!
You can read all the details of the changes and download the patch from my website at:
http://www.pinballcode.com
Let me know what you think.
Merry Christmas!

Thanks chad!!!

3 weeks later
#764 7 years ago

Yep - really enjoying chads update. My hook is recently resetting mid game, so haven't been able to play a decent game yet!

7 months later
#877 6 years ago

I have recently got my hook boards serviced and now just really started playing chads code in more depth.
I am really really enjoying it. I have just set it to tournament mode and will check it out.

4 months later
#1038 6 years ago

I have chads code and all is perfect with the display. I have an led dmd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benobutton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=benobutton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.