IMG_1380 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatpinguy850.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#605 7 years ago

OK someone with a working hook help me out ...I got a hook I have been working on for a week ...got it and it was dead ..got it 90 % up and running ...I need to know what coil is used under the skill shot in the shooter lane ...the owner before me hacked it all up and used the wrong coils ...with out the coil hooked up everything else functions flawlessly. ..but if you hit one of those 3 hole and your ball goes down there ..it's in never ,never land ...and you got to fish it out ...it's looked over the manual ...no luck ..it's don't mention a skill shot kicker ..help please ..lift your playfield ...list me a part number for the coil ..take me a pic of the wiring on that coil ...thanks

#606 7 years ago

Here is a picture of where the coil is ..it's under these holes and pushes the ball up the shooter lane onto the playfield

tmp_8888-20160722_0800102007537775.jpgtmp_8888-20160722_0800102007537775.jpg

#610 7 years ago

I work at a coin op warehouse here in Panama City I fix all kinds of arcade games ...I have just started working on the pinball machines ...what a nightmare. ..I spent 2 weeks on a whitewater that kept reseting when both flippers were pressed ...that kept me scratching my head ....finally found the problem ..bad ground in the wiring. ..any who I will be back at work Monday I will update you all ...like I said ...i put a 23-800 in it and it worked but it was getting so hot I could smell the coil burning ..I unhooked it .. ( funny I just said that ) and everything else works ....thanks again for the answers and pics ....glad I became a member

#612 7 years ago

Ground ...always check ground ....then fuses ....then every leg on the coils , then the connections on the board ....take the boards out ..look at the traces ..is there any burns under the board ? ...SOMETIMES it's the simplest overlooked problem that is causing havoc ...don't over think it ...stay calm and pin on .....

#615 7 years ago

Hello all pin heads ...update on my hook problem ....like I said the coil where the skill shot was getting hotter than a ........you know what ...replaced it ..blew fuses ..replaced fuses ...blew them again ...replaced coil with a different one ...scratched head ...blew fuses again ....I hate , I hate ..lol OK ...found the problem ...the TIP36C Transistor was bad ...so I ordered a few of them ...seems to be a common problem. ..will update you all if it fixes my problem ....what a mess these pinball are ....wish I could convert them to digital. ..but what fun would that be .....wires , wires , wires ..my oh my ....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#617 7 years ago

Hmmmm....haven't had that problem yet ..you checked all your ground wires for speakers ....maybe a thought ....

2 months later
#672 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

i have a full playfield from hook with all the parts still available ...i. going to start breaking it apart .....if anyone need a specific part from the hook send me a pm

OK I need all the boards .....how much ...

#673 7 years ago

OK ...back working on the hook pinball ....wiring is jacked up ...somebody Edward scissor handed it ..now I got to find where the wiresender all go ...the manual is not user frindly. ..I know they are daisy chained ..one wrong wire will jack it all up ...any pictures of the whole playfield bottom would be helpful ..maybe in sections ....then I have an ideal of where my wires go ....I know ...help me out ....

#676 7 years ago

Thanks and mine is not a prototype. ....but the pic is awesome .....it will help in my pinball adventure. .

8 months later
#841 6 years ago

OK , please help ... I got a hook from a yard sale , the MPU board is pretty burned up and the power supply is shot , how about someone out there hook me up with a decent repairable board , not one that is perfect , but one that with a few parts will work ... just one that don't look like it was in a fire ... any help would be appreciated. .. BTW , I know they sell new boards , but I can't afford a new one ... maybe one of you bought a new board and your old ones just sitting around ...help a poor pinhead out , like I said HOOK me up , pun intended ...

Thanks

#842 6 years ago

Oh yeah , I'm not talking free , I'm able to pay something , just not a gazillion dollars ..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatpinguy850.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=thatpinguy850 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.