IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowndes8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#662 7 years ago
Quoted from sibi:

Back,
https://we.tl/LC8qNmvluq
Hook decals, free of course.
Please delete it if its against the rule.

Link not working mate?

1 week later
#664 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

i have a full playfield from hook with all the parts still available ...i. going to start breaking it apart .....if anyone need a specific part from the hook send me a pm

I have send a number of PMs i keen on a heap of parts

#671 7 years ago

I messaged Chad 2 weeks ago and he said its coming

1 month later
#695 7 years ago

im keen on a ramp

2 months later
#790 7 years ago
Quoted from mwrose3204:

New eproms are in. I will be mailing out the next batch of orders for "V 5.0" early next week. If you need them and you haven't pm'd me let me know. If you already paid I'll send you the tracking numbers immediately after I mail them.
Thanks,
Matt

PM sent

10 months later
#968 6 years ago

Hey Guys

In the pirate ship there is three LEDS that light up the extra ball, ten million and special. On each light there is a resistor. One is out but i cannot see in the book what Ohm it is. Can anyone help as i want to get a replacement one so they all light up.

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You mean a diode? Black with a silver band on them?
If so. They are 1N4004 or 1N4001. Either type will work. Just make sure your putting it on the right way.

Thats the one thanks so much. How did you know that?

3 weeks later
#1009 6 years ago

I just rebuild my hook and the scoop shot is doing the same to me

#1010 6 years ago

Anyone know what this issue could be

So the skill shot both light for 1 and two come on? Only the lane which the ball should be shot into should

Also the 10 million light just stays on as well and it shouldnt

25564941_10155608476409724_150949911_n (resized).jpg25564941_10155608476409724_150949911_n (resized).jpg

25673182_10155608476379724_1181613709_o (resized).jpg25673182_10155608476379724_1181613709_o (resized).jpg

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Do both the skill shot lights go off after plunging. Any others in the same row on? Say 4x,2 million or the back panel centre?

So skill shot 2 goes off but skill shot one stays lit

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

How about those others? So far you have 2 lamps out of row 3 locked on. Left or right bank middle?

On the pirate ship? Only middle stays on.

On the skill shot the number 1 shot both the lights stay on rest do as they are suppose to

#1016 6 years ago

ah ok ill PM you

#1023 6 years ago

Anyone has issues with the new Hook 5.0 code having display issue. Mine every game has issues where it will just stop for 5 seconds then come back, then it will display all the text in weird writing?

I had two 5.0 chips, have tried both and both do it

Have cleaned everything i can display wise and still does it?

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

So far I've heard a few complaints about this... but one person mentioned it was happening to his machine before he upgraded to the new ROMs. He then later did some maintenance on his DMD/connectors which fixed it.
Another person, Kersch, also has similar issue but he resolved his with reflowing solder on his power supply:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/20#post-4100196
I suspect the actual issue is the power to the DMD board is flaky and needs some maintenance. It's important that the DMD receive constant and proper voltage.

Hmm I never had an issue with the old code. I have put a brand new PSU in and had the DMD serviced. It's happening every game every ball with the new code.

1 week later
#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Any of you guys ever have an issue where you've got a pretty good ball going and it will start yelling "bangarang" after hitting any of the major shots?

Yep im convinced there is issues with the 5.0 code. With the above and the DMD going off/on. Never had issues with the 4.08 code

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from Benobutton:

I have chads code and all is perfect with the display. I have an led dmd.

yes but have the LED screen im still on the one the original one

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

chadH here you go. I guess sometimes it happens with one. Sometimes it's artifacting, sometimes it's a blank DMD which seems like a reset and sometimes it's a full reset that goes back to displaying the code version.
» YouTube video

This is exactly the issue i have

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Matt did my ROMs too. Still could possibly be a bad batch of chips, or if he used a different downloaded image for some.

I got my ROMS from two different placed and both have the same issue

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Chalkey, the Instant Info also calls that same LEFT RAMP VALUE display routine. What happens when your Instant Info shows it? Does it do anything odd?
lowndes8, is your issue exactly identical? You only get this issue with hitting your drop targets? I want to make sure we are focusing on the exact same issue and not just a similar issue.

Not exactly the same but i tried a game hittng the targets and they are what is causing the DMD to crash, i played a game by hand with the ball not hitting the targets and the DMD didnt crash

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can you post a similar video to what Chalkey posted? Want to make sure it is identical. It appears that Chalkey's is very consistent with it's failure. Does yours also fail during Instant Info?
There is a known issue where bad power to the DMD (for all Data East games) will also cause the display to reboot. This does not appear to be the issue with Chalkey's game since even the Instant Info (which doesn't have a high power coil type event at the same time) also causes the issue pretty consistently with the Left Ramp Value display event.

Here is what is happening with mine

As i said i can play a game and if i dont hit these targets i dont have any DMD issue.

#1075 6 years ago

I cant find my original Hook 4.xx code so wont be able to test but i saw Chalkey works fine.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Weird. So the old Display ROM works fine... meaning it is not corrupting/rebooting the DMD. This is a really odd one. I'd love to know if those newly burned display ROMs are somehow corrupt.
I was just at the local arcade that has Hook and there is absolutely no issues with it. It behaves just like KOAmp's and V-piscopo's. It has original 1991 DMD in there as well.
What if you do a Factory Restore (via Adjustment 46)? Does that make the issue go away?

I have done a reset a few times makes no difference

3 weeks later
#1212 6 years ago

Cant say im a fan of the retro refurbs side art for Hook. I prefer the mirror blades

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I sent Cliffy an email a couple of weeks ago wanting to buy Cliffy’s for Hook and he responded the next day saying he’s backlogged a month ! I didn’t want to wait a month for Cliffy’s. How fast did you guys get yours?

He said that to me but had mine made in less than 2 weeks

3 weeks later
#1312 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

That’s what I heard! I think that’s who I messaged about the updated code??? I hear definitely worth it. I also need to figure out how to get into the backbox without a key. And in general, needs a good cleaning.

The back box is easy under the screws holding the lock in place and it will come out

1 month later
#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thaks for your positive comment to my custom card. If you have suggestions to improve it /them, tell me. I have my ears open!
About V5 rule, I will search for it.
Well, this is my "Crew Card". You remember, I´m designing with chrome vinyl in my mind.
"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg/IMG
Details in "Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg/IMG

I make a very big screenshots, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

Very nice are you going to make these available for people to use?

#1431 5 years ago

very nice

#1434 5 years ago

these are the two i like

5dc9b367b28d13d498fc269e8a06638575c58be9 (resized).jpg5dc9b367b28d13d498fc269e8a06638575c58be9 (resized).jpg
986f3c0b3db2be913a9e240579fda15d90d95fa9 (resized).jpg986f3c0b3db2be913a9e240579fda15d90d95fa9 (resized).jpg

The rule card just needs the 5.01 code changes to it

3 years later
#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

This is the specific plastic I'm missing. On the right side here. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It's not something I seem to be able to get a good view of online.
[quoted image]

The plastic is correct thats how it is

1 month later
#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Just joined the owner club! Picked up Hook today.
[quoted image]

Get the new code for it https://www.pinballcode.com/ makes the game so much better

#2129 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Going to burn the ROMs tomorrow. Can’t wait.
I’ve read through this whole thread and it sounds like Chad really did a great service to the Hook owners by improving and debugging the code.
Going to be sending him a donation for his efforts and hopefully everyone running the new code has done the same.

He sure did, was a very average game with the stock code and can see why people bag it. With the new code wow so much better.

2 months later
#2148 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

I think I can potentially salvage my windcoaster ramp but still looking for a beat (functional) one. Also looking for the skill shot ramp- if anyone replaced theirs and still has the old one please PM me. Trying to bring a Hook back from the dead!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hook-rufio-ramps#post-6534263

2 months later
#2168 1 year ago

Its a sad day i sold my Hook. Great game but there are others I want to own.

1 week later
#2180 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Every so often if feels like my left flipper loses power and lowers while the button is held for a second. I can't repeat it to test, no rhyme or reason. Anything you'd check out?

Mine was doing this. I replaced the flipper buttons and re-soldered everything relating to the left flipper and never had the issue again

3 months later
#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from Phern:

Just joining the hook owner club. And first time pinball owner. Big fan of the machine, played a lot as a kid.
Anyone have any suggestions for how to modernize it? LED light suggestions? Any other mods or add ons? I've been told you change the power source to nvram. And a color dmd plus pinsound.
Thanks all

LEDS, Colour Screen will make a huge difference. Also upgrade the game code https://www.pinballcode.com/hook501 it makes a HUGE difference

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowndes8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=lowndes8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.